[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>24 years old >2 years of uni left in a major i dont even

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: 1429043550861.jpg (52KB, 780x688px) Image search: [Google]
1429043550861.jpg
52KB, 780x688px
>24 years old
>2 years of uni left in a major i dont even care for, my grades suck
>semi-hikki, barely leave house, i dont even go to school
>thinking of having to do the whole wagecuck dance routine (internships, bullshiting HR and interviews, getting certifications) fills me with dread
>family isnt rich enough for me to neet it up

where do i go from here bros?
>>
Well you'll probably kill your self when your out of school at 26 with 40k+ of debt and can't get a job
>>
>>37354082
seems like im headed in that direction
>>
>semi-hikki

Did you just call yourself a hikokomori?

Do you like japanese? You said you're a major, right? That means you're getting a bachelor's degree

why not move to Japan and explore a different side of yourself you never knew?
>>
>>37354065
That's a hard question... try help the family with anything so you can stay or find a wage job.. If your government gives NEETboxes take that
>>
>>37354668
I live in Japan
it's only fun if you get out of the house and have some money (which I make an effort to do)
being a broke shut in student/worker in Japan is pretty fucking bad
>>
>>37354700
>You're in Japan as an undergraduate

literally how? you're either rich, under age 21, or got really good scholarships which conflicts with your claim about meh grades.
>>
>>37354809
I'm 20 and not OP
>>
>>37354912
>I'm 20 and not OP

>you have 2 years in Japan to complete your bachelor's

Good luck, MEXT expires the second you hit 22.
>>
>>37354700
how do I get into a japanese uni as an American
>>
>>37355010
I don't intend to take up a scholarship, I have my own business and make enough to pay my way through a prestigious private university. At the present moment I'm trying to accelerate my Japanese studies.

Also having one of those moments at 3am in the morning.
>>
>>37355060
>I don't intend to take up a scholarship

Do you hate free money? I don't care if you own a business or not, Japan will pay for you to get your Master's Degree/PhD which you can do alongside your business work
>>
>>37355056
Work and save up to come here to learn Japanese then apply to Japanese university, or learn Japanese in US and get a scholarship

Don't have any illusions about Japan though. You are not Asian. You will never fit in. People will stare at you and make noises at you. You will hear people talking about "that foreigner". I don't get this treatment because I'm Asian but just last week a little kid literally RAN from my white friend. She's a pretty girl and gets the most stares I've ever seen, both from horny men and gaijin hating people.
>>
>>37355121
> learn Japanese in US and get a scholarship

how do I do this one
>>
>>37355104
I don't qualify for the scholarship. I dropped out of high school. I'm earning that qualification now before applying to university.
>>
>>37355056
>how do I get into a japanese uni as an American

It's ALMOST impossible without a bachelor's degree. The key word is ALMOST.

If you're under age 22 (like a few lucky people in this thread), there's a way to get in before your bachelor's, otherwise you'll need $26,000 and some very good scholarships to get in (JASSO alone won't cover it)

Once you get your bachelor's, you can MEXT your way into Japan as a research student (4,000 people get accepted every year)

>>37355150
not him but you have to self-study. University-level Japanese in the US is shit

Anki/Tae Kim is not a meme. You have to self-study yourself to N2 proficiency.

Once you get N2 JLPT, there's quite a few scholarships you can use to get into a japanese uni
>>
>>37354065

Save for a year and expat to another country.
>>
>>37355150
research scholarships yourself if you're really interested, it's fucking 3am here and I can't be fucked to do it for you mate
>>
>>37355173
You used a lot of terminology that I am not familiar with
>>
Duh, leave country and start new life in foreign land.
t. A 10-year american expat in South America.
>No really, it's fucking awesome to just disappear from your old self/life
>>
>>37355201
>>37262254

Read this thread anon, check the 'student visa' method

Before you decide "I want to go to a japanese uni" you should probably make yourself aware of the hell that awaits you

again, i'm not the guy you originally replied to.
>>
>>37355268
what sort of hell? I can excel in academia pretty easily
>>
>>37355158
Try being me.

I'm 25. I get my associate's degree and i'm coming to the cruel realization i'm going to need to move to Japan next year to complete my bachelor's and have to do all this cram studying on scholarships and JLPT/EJU prep when I literally just started learning japanese last October
>>
>>37355282
the hell that is modern Japanese society
and like I described you will forever be different. a stranger. a foreigner. gaijin. that's okay with me but it really affects some people.

at the end of the day Japan is still a great place and I wouldn't move anywhere else, but fuck if there aren't some bad days and weeks.
>>
>>37355311
>the hell that is modern Japanese society
>and like I described you will forever be different. a stranger. a foreigner. gaijin. that's okay with me but it really affects some people.

I can probably deal with this, doesn't seem like an issue
>>
>>37355303
best of luck to you, it should be possible if you work your ass off but I don't really see it being easy.

why do you need to move to Japan to do your bachelor's?
>>
>>37355282
>what sort of hell?

You're so innoocent.

Japan is the most difficult nation on the entire planet for an english-speaker to immigrate to. This takes into account language, religion, government, politics.

If life in the US is 3-stars difficuty, life in Japan is 7-stars

Part of the process is realizing you're one of the most masochistic people that walks this planet, and embracing the fuck out of it. Everyone who doesn't gets kicked out of the country eventually and shitposts for the rest of their life about how awful the country is.

I'm the poster you replied to
>>
>>37355337
that's what most people think before coming, then they live here for a couple months THEN it really starts getting to them. you need pretty thick skin and a sound mind for it to not get to you.
>>
>>37355359
>>37355372
I don't think you understand, I am a very chill dude...this will be easy.
>>
File: 1454348429517.jpg (105KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
1454348429517.jpg
105KB, 1000x1414px
>>37354065
>where do i go from here bros?

Probably the whole wagecuck dance routine. After 3 years in field you'll be desirable as a worker and you get to call the shots.

... right?
>>
>>37355380
I consider myself pretty chill too, but there have been times where I just wanted to give up and go home.

You are basically every optimistic person before they came to Japan and got the shit kicked out of them. Only the tough or very optimistic remain and most become very bitter. The rest stay cheerful in a sort of absurd way.
>>
>>37355438
I'm really tough dude, trust me. I can do anything. What part of Japan do you live in? Within 2 years I will be visiting you there from my dorm.
>>
>>37355348
I'm going to need to uninstall every videogame I own

>why do I need to move to Japan to do your bachelor's?
opportunity cost is a hell of a drug, man.

I live in america, so completing my bachelor's here comes with a $40,000 loan that will no doubt prevent me from ammasing the $26,000 required to move to Japanese uni for my master's on MEXT.
>>
>>37355451
Tokyo, I'll wait for your r9k post 2 years from now.
Just making it here is a challenge. I hope you come though, you sound like you'd have a lot of fun.
>>
>>37355380
>I don't think you understand, I am a very chill dude...this will be easy.
>>37355451

I don't think YOU understand.

Imagine only playing JRPGs on the hardest difficulty your very first playthrough and doing a "permadeath" run where if you die you have to delete your savefile and return the game

That's what it's literally like moving to Japan

The more you research, the more this becomes apparant. Accept it will be difficult. That's not a bad thing. Japan wants you to change yourself to someone that can handle hard shit.

If you keep up this mindset of 'It will be easy' you won't last 5 weeks in Japan.
>>
>>37355502
I only play games on the hardest difficulty.
>>
>>37355462
Ah, I see. Good luck with that. Have you been to Japan before?
Japanese is quite the challenge, but I enjoy it.
Ganbarimashou!
>>
take break from school, join americorps NCCC.
>>
>>37355502
Just accept that he's basically like everybody who was once young and naive, let him dream...

People like that get their shit kicked in after coming and either go home or come out stronger.
>>
>>37355514
I see you want facts. You're American. Here are some of the hells that await you

>To go to japanese uni you'll most likely pussy out and get your bachelor's first and transfer to japanese uni for master's
>You still have to take the JLPT N2 which YOU MUST NOT FAIL BECAUSE IT IS ONLY OFFERED ONCE A YEAR AND IF YOU FAIL YOU'RE FUCKED FOR AN ENTIRE CALENDER YEAR AND YOUR ENTIRE LIFE IS SET BACK

>BTW to get scholarships you have to take the JLPT in Japan instead of America so now you're spending close to $1,500 just to take your japanese exam fee to qualify for the $12,000 scholarship
>And failure sets you back an entire calender year
>You need $26,000 in your bank account or a friend in japan to sign you off as a guarantor before the government even looks at your visa application
>Once you finally get into Japan, you find out how racially discriminatory their housing situation is and you will struggle to buy a house
>Then you find out Japanese people tip their landlords
>Then you find out there are no student loans in Japan and you need to work your ass off to stay afloat
>Then you find out after your scholarship ends you are welcomed into 50-hours a week work hell

Fucking up at any stage means your ass is going back to USA for life. Japan does not renew visa applications if you get deported. You're just fucked.
>>
>>37355623
>>Then you find out Japanese people tip their landlords

why would this be hard coming from America ?
>>
>>37355657
It's like one or two months rent worth of "key money" buddy,,,
It's non refundable.
>>
>>37354065
Just don't drop out. I dropped out because I couldn't deal with the prospect of wagecucking all my life and now I'm stuck still having to wagecuck but at boring low paying jobs.
>>
>>37355657
Everytime you renew your lease, you tip your landlord about $1,500 then tip the guy processing your application $1,500, THEN you pay your $5,000 rent for however many months.
>>
>>37355797
>drop out
>less debt
>wagecuck

>graduate just barely
>half the knowledge you need
>double the debt
>wagecuck

Pick your poison sir
>>
>>37355528
>Ah, I see. Good luck with that. Have you been to Japan before?

Nope. I'm in a special hell where I have to move to Japan straight up. Don't have the money for a vacationt here first because of the $26,000 requirement severely limiting my shorthand potential

I'll try my best. I'm gonna restart my japanese studies tommorow. I quit Anki to focus on school, which is the only reason I got a 3.6GPA (A A B+ B+). these are the grades i need to enter japan, and its very hard to get these grades while studying japanese on the side.
>>
File: 1450776046803.jpg (85KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
1450776046803.jpg
85KB, 454x453px
>>37355797
>>37355915
well that is somberly
>>
>>37354700
Whoa! Are you a real japanese posting on 4chan? That's a rare event, almost tempted to ask for photo and timestamp.

Why aren't you posting this on 2chan?

Regarding your original question, as someone who went through something similar, my advise is to go through the motions, and chances are that if you show up you'll eventually get a shity job with your degree, specially if you have some family connections. Once you get it, most of the time at work you can "space out" looking at the screen or browse 4chan (I'm at work right now) and forget about it once you get home. If you keep a low profile it's hard to get fired most of the time.

Since you have almost no social life you'll easily be able to save over half of your salary, and before you know it you'll be 40 and able to quit your job and live from your savings. I'm 37 and I estimate I have 4 or 5 years left of work until I can tell everybody and everything to fuck off.
>>
>>37355829
>>37355583
he stopped posing

reason finally struck him. he probably googled to see if we're full of shit and found out it's actually true.
>>
>>37356061
he's not op. im op. the thread got jacked by a bunch of weebs (which i suppose is good because its getting bumped)
>>
Pretty much exactly the same situation here, OP. Haven't interacted with anyone in so long I can barely look my parents in the eyes, much less a cashier at a grocery without breaking into a cold sweat.

There's nowhere to go but down, my friend, let's see how far we can go
>>
>>37356280
well its less social anxiety and more malaise regarding my future career prospects for me
>>
>>37356627
>malaise
you only used that word because of samurai jack
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.