[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw IQ of 140 Feels great to not be a brainlet. I actually

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 12

File: 1475542347933.jpg (31KB, 354x364px) Image search: [Google]
1475542347933.jpg
31KB, 354x364px
>tfw IQ of 140
Feels great to not be a brainlet. I actually feel bad for people that have <130 IQ. Not smart enough to change the world, but still smart enough to know that you could have, if you weren't a figurative retard.

How does it feel knowing that I'm smarter (therefore better) than you?
>>
>>37346009
I know this is bait, but IQ fags are the worst.

If you use IQ as a measure of intelligence there are some things to think about. IQ does not in any way measure creativity and social intelligence. I would argue that logical thinking alone isn't the only way to measure intelligence.

>inb4 lel brainlet
>>
>>37346138
Will you guys every learn?
>>
>>37346138
>creativity and social intelligence
>>
File: 1431399443661.jpg (5KB, 208x250px) Image search: [Google]
1431399443661.jpg
5KB, 208x250px
>>37346138
>a brainlet actually posted in this thread

ALL YOU FUCKING ROACHES ARE HILARIOUS TO ME
>>
>>37346009
130+ IQ here (tester wasn't paying attention)
Grew up with other intelligent people basically my whole life, aside from a few retards.
Then I realized the "retards" were above average and the vast majority of people are subhuman.

Really charges the chestnuts
>>
>>37346138
IQ is correlated with creativity.
Social intelligence is just a way of measuring how low you can sink to others' levels.
>>
>tfw IQ of 105
Meh. At least I'm handsome
>>
>>37346309
>112

I'm not even upset really, just happy that it's all quite arbitrary in the end.
>>
>>37346270
The difference between you and a normal is the same as the difference between a normal and a retard.

Really grinds the pepper.
>>
who else /chosenpeople/ here?

we (ashkenazi) have the highest number of geniuses per capita of all ethnic groups
>>
>>37346138
My IQ score is 120, but I'm born with creativity that few men could dream of posessin. I have an almost perfect eye for photography, despite being entirely self taught, I can draw and paint like a professional artist with minimal training and fucking IKEA pencils, I can play guitar like Steve Vai after a few years of minimal practice and using the cheapest equipment known to man.

I struggle with basic math operations, and I can't write an essay to save my life. I', academically at the level of a literal retard, but I'm on par with Picasso and Beethoven at the same time. I was born to be THE artist and virtuoso of all time, but here I am, sitting drunk and high while ranting on an outdated, irrelevant, japanese degeneracy board full of the dregs of society and hte scum of the earth.

Life is a little strange like that.
>>
http://som.yale.edu/news/news/why-high-iq-doesnt-mean-youre-smart

If you were really smart, you'd know this stuff.
>>
>>37346400
I'm gonna rub a couple brainlet neurons together and assume you haven't accomplished near,y anything.

Geniuses don't rave on said decaying image boards with us lowly dregs and whine of their ineptitudes. They genrally just get shit done, virtuoso my ass.
>>
>>37346400
OP was off in saying 130 is cutoff, really it's around 120. 120-140 are about the same, more up to the individual, and the fact that the test is fallible. 150-180 are God-tier, but 150 isn't quite there.

Anything beyond that needs to be put in charge of all of humanity.

However, as a 120, beware! Your intelligence isn't hard-coded, you can lose it and become a pseudo-intellectual in a heartbeat.
>tfw my dad is a 120, thinks he is genius, makes "solid logical arguments" in favor of his theology using a mix of logical fallacies, ad hominem, and general bullshit. With maybe one or two good points he stole from a book
>>
>>37346009
If you actually head an IQ that high you would realize that telling others only distances them from you. IQ alone isn't something to be proud of, or sad of. Unless, of course, you have an IQ comparable to a rock, like 80.
>>
>>37346487
IQ is only comparable to the achievements generated by such intelligence.

A 140 NEET is shit compared to 100 master carpenter.
>>
>>37346447
>implying Yale is even credible
>implying 120 isn't just on-the-fence intelligence
>implying making it to presidency is something a 100 fag could do
>implying conceptual thought isn't tied to situation analysis and prediction
>implying they aren't just trying to get more rich white kids to get their parents to pay their way despite an IQ of 97
>"if I work hard I can be da best of da apple CEO LAWYER PRESIDENT DOCTOR XDXDXDXD"
Yale BTFO
>>
>>37346487
>implying enlightened individuals want to be close to the unenlightened

It's okay, we don't hate you, merely pity you.
No jk, it'd be better to be a bit dumber for sure.
But!
>implying sharing your IQ and gloating a bit on an anonymous camel-riding Pakistani forum is the same as sharing IQ unasked for in real life
>>
>>37346400
I'm almost 100% positive you're lying. You honestly sound like a giant retard and I'd love to hear a vocaroo of you "playing guitar like steve vai"
>>
>>37346535
Also:
>article itself ends up agreeing high IQ is smarter but tries to pretend that's not what they're saying
>basically the "it's about the effort XD" meme
>but still says high IQ win out when putting in effort
>literally high IQ is still better in every conceivable way
>high IQ is smarter
>QED
>>
>>37346400
Proof or gtfo
Fallacious argument from authority
>>
File: 1494692794559.jpg (106KB, 645x968px) Image search: [Google]
1494692794559.jpg
106KB, 645x968px
>>37346138
>iq is logical thinking
Look at this brainlet and laugh
>>
>>37346009

Well, your post made me laugh.

So, I'm amused, I suppose.
>>
>>37346400
The original (You)
>>
I have a top .1% IQ, which puts me at at least 145

Hello roachies

I am actually severely depressed and experience almost no joy from any activity. Not a great existence. I'd rather be a normal person who could easily make friends/gf than an asshole/antisocial smart person

Who am I kidding, I love being a genius, but it's an empty sense of superiority that ultimately means little
>>
File: 5.jpg (270KB, 685x1000px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
270KB, 685x1000px
Smart people can experience what it's like to be stupid by drinking alcohol or doing drugs.
I'll never understand what it's like to be smart like a deaf person will never understand sound.
I wish I were smart.
I swear to God I'd do something useful with my intellect. I'd study programming or get a college degree. I can't do those things with a low IQ.
I just wish I had the capability to do something useful.
I envy smart people so much.
>>
>>37346674
>Who am I kidding, I love being a genius, but it's an empty sense of superiority that ultimately means little

Thank you for wording it perfectly for me. I came close, but not being as smart as you, I thank you for perfecting my work. I will save these words forever.

Like, I wouldn't trade my intelligence for anything, but I realize it's, on average, detrimental to my mental health and social wellbeing
>>
>>37346725
You sound pretty dumb senpai.
>>
>>37346479
>>37346480
>>37346610
>>37346638
Brainlets
>>37346487
140 isn't all that high and is right in the middle of the "look at my MENSA credentials" range. It means "smarter than 99.62% of [white american] people". Which means that out of every 10'000 there will be around 37 people smarter than you. So about 74 people in every average sized city. Nothing special.

Remarkably high begins around 150-160. That's where all those visionary mathematicians, theoretical physicists, composers, etc lie.
>>
>>37346725
you're welcome

Yeah it sucks. I've read all the studies correlating high IQ to less mental illness and I can only think (or at least hope) it's just due to them not having a large enough part of their test set part of the extremely high IQ segment of the population

I personally feel like I can't connect to anybody. I am definitely a narcissistic asshole but at the same time, in a way it's almost justified. I excel at everything I do, but I make almost no friends in the process. It's hilariously sad. I just wish I could find a *grill* like me.
>>
>>37346138
Why do people feel the need to call creativity intelligence? Just let it be it's own thing just like intelligence. Also social intelligence is just not having autism it isn't necessarily good you will just be very normie if you have it.
>>
>>37346775
It's not about being one-in-a-million, it's about not being a literal retard, which is ~120 and lower
>>
>>37346775
No vocaroo of you shredding then? that's what I thought. What a sad man.
>>
>>37346009
>140 IQ
>on r9k
that just makes you more of a failure.
>>
To all smartasses here:
use this wisdom of yours for that happinnes, love or fulfillment you yearn so badly then, see how that goes
>>
>>37346931
>he thinks literally only failures browse r9k
>he bought into the meme WHOLESALE
>brainlet confirmed
>>
File: me irl.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
me irl.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
Hey guys, I have a 140 iq too!

Pic is me btw
>>
this thread is so fucking cringe holy fuck.
>>
File: 1495818599560.jpg (20KB, 640x462px) Image search: [Google]
1495818599560.jpg
20KB, 640x462px
>be easily among the most naturally intelligent and talented people on the planet
>get raised being constantly reminded of how I'm special and intelligent and unique and all that bullshit, wind up internalizing a bunch of it
>develop into a cringe-inducing egomaniac with a massive stick up my ass and crazy insecurities
>develop a terrible work ethic and organizational habits on top of that
>jackassery is only validated by the experience of constantly being the smartest guy in the room

>grow up a little; struggle with things that are actually hard and problems that actually matter
>do a bunch of stupid shit and become aware of what a massive jackoff I am as a person
>undergo massive perspective change and shift in priorities
>get a lot of help from people who are tangibly slower than I am; learn some fucking patience for the first time in my life
>actually learn how to conduct a dialogue like an adult; wonder if maybe what I'm perceiving as an inability to comprehend on people's parts is actually a lacking in my ability to express things
>actually give people a fucking shot and try to be sincere
>find out that the average person can entertain worthwhile ideas that even I hadn't thought of
>actually try to appreciate people
>come to consider a lot of people who are tangibly slower than I am to be my betters and begin to look up to them
>become more self-aware; quickly become disgusted with the kind of intellectual reddit-tier snobbery I had surrounded myself with and internalized
>come to realize that talking about yourself without being prompted to is actually kinda cringey
>come to realize that most of the things that matter are common to the average person and that snowflakeism is largely bullshit
>come to realize that the ability to conduct social intercourse and communicate well is a capacity without which you're effectively retarded and isn't the same as IQ

>still find myself replying to intellectual prick-waving threads on this piece of shit board
>>
feels even better to actually have an IQ of somewhere between 147 -156
>>
I can't believe my shitty bait thread got this many replies. It works every time.

Never change, /r9k/.
>>
>>37347008
now go and give /pol/ a try
>>
>>37346981
Amazing

What is it like?
130ish here
>>
File: 1486144994756.png (253KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1486144994756.png
253KB, 645x773px
>>37346009
>your only positive trait is your intelligence
>it's still not enough to be meaningful
>>
>>37347008
>I come to 4chan for serious and measured discussion
Just turn 360 degrees and walk away, bro. This site's not for you.
>>
>>37346009
You probably are more intelligent than me. I don't think I have a high IQ but I am very interested in certain things. I play piano and write music. I can learn music pretty quickly if I sit down and practice for a while. I also put hours into writing music. I'm trying to master the art of music composition. I envision writing a symphony for orchestra someday once I've finished my piano pieces.

Other than that, I'm very stupid in the real world. A real dud to most people and deemed crazy by some. I fail with women and I have poor social intelligence or it would seem that way. I was always the last kid to finish tests in class. I'm BAD at anything involving menial labor. I'm clumsy and a bit forgetful. I'm also bad at managing my feelings. I'm too sensitive and can't always think. The only thing I seem to do well in the real world is be mindful about how I spend my money and try and save up from the job I have.
>>
>>37346971
>>be easily among the most naturally intelligent and talented people on the planet
>>become more self-aware; quickly become disgusted with the kind of intellectual reddit-tier snobbery I had surrounded myself with and internalized

ok peabrain
>>
>>37346009
feelsgudman, i love feeling inferior... its almost like im gonna cum *moo*
>>
>>37347050
The hallmark of the anon. You can still go serve as a neural node in the /pol/ hivemind and enjoy watching the world burn, at least.
>>
>>37347050
Why don't you just learn to program?
>>
>>37347083
>r9k the post
Besides the brainless of course

You sound like a real cool robro, give me a contact? I want to be your friend pls ;-;
>>
>>37347083
If you don't know your IQ it's probably average. Most kids get an IQ test early on and if you were smart you would have remembered your IQ.
>>
>>37346400
Shit so cash: iq edition
>>
>>37346009
Bragging about IQ on /r9k/ is like bragging about a 700hp car that sits in your garage
>>
>>37347083
You probably have a higher IQ than you think.
>>
>>37347157
>this
Basically true except that unlike a car, IQ effects the core of your being.

But basically yeah
>>
>>37347126
because programming is dead boring in my experience
>>
>>37347180
To a point.

Some newton-like scientist talked about intelligence as potential to do work - if unused it's useless. Who the fuck cares how cultured you are as a NEET if you do nothing with it
>>
>>37347246
True. Now that I think about it, thinking of IQ in any way EXCEPT what you said is basically just moralfagging what you view to be the "correct" way of experiencing life. Which, of course, I am biased to believe mine is better.
Thanks for the almond activation
>>
>>37347246
It's at least worth something in a Darwinian sense. Oh, wait,
>tfw no gf
>>
File: ChzzW5lVAAES-MJ.jpg (32KB, 566x366px) Image search: [Google]
ChzzW5lVAAES-MJ.jpg
32KB, 566x366px
>>37347135
A kid's iq is fairly meaningless. Children's absolute iq scores are quite a bit lower than adults'. Various environmental factors cause kids to develop at different rates, but they generally plateau close to the average of both their parents in young adulthood. You can have a stellar IQ at 10, but plateau at 15 instead of 20 like someone else and thus be overtaken since their absolute limit is higher, even though it took longer to reach it.

Pic kinda related
>>
>>37347340
This, the heritability of IQ increases with age.
>>
some of you guys might have a high IQ and boasting about it is good and all but if you're sitting around on this board for the most part during your free time you're not really that different to the rest of us desu
>>
>>37347340
Makes sense. Mine was 128 when I was 8. I think now it's around 135.
>>
>>37347424
I'm a 150+ fag

Just drunk

Normally you wouldn't be able to tell I'm posting here, except from my aggression
>>
>>37347434
Perfectly possible, all it means you developed at a slower pace early on. On the fipside, this is how all those "smart but lazy" stories come about. Those kids really were smart, they just aren't anymore. And all these "muh hard work" intellectuals just became innately smarter through no achievement of their own, though they likely have developed a better work ethic from their younger years.
>>
File: 1494609772484.png (183KB, 630x870px) Image search: [Google]
1494609772484.png
183KB, 630x870px
>>37346009
>tfw IQ of 144
Leave now you peasant.
>>
File: 1494799493569.png (152KB, 320x294px) Image search: [Google]
1494799493569.png
152KB, 320x294px
>>37346009
>mfw got 146 on IT job IQ test (17th out of ~2,100)
>mfw got 140 on a school IQ test
>mfw won multiple literary and science national-level tournaments
>mfw have met 3 different education ministers
>mfw 98/100 and 100/100 on SAT equivalent in my country with 6 hours of studying
>mfw a six-figure equivalen IT job lined up after uni
>he-he a-a-at least I-I'm not a brainlet, right guys
And now what. I'm still a balding, 3/10 KV. Everybody around me is a brainlet. All my compsci friends are humorless brainlets who know nothing about anything but computers. The average normo is so far away intellectually from me that I can't meaninfully connect on any level. Daily, i continue to find that all too often, even as a layman in a given subject, I'll know more than the "experts" I meet. I'll always be outranked socially by brainlettos. Women are on a completely different astral plane of existence. Their whole reasoning process and daily existence makes me cringe physically, which is why I'll never be able to have sex, a family or female touch. JDIMSA
>>
>>37346138
"social intelligence" and "emotional intelligence" are just made up to make women feel better
>>
Dunning Kruger effect: the thread
>>
Well because you're on this board posting this post, one can only infer that you don't have any mental drive to do anything that isn't an instruction given by others. Therefore you'll make a smart little slave
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.