[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buddhism is fucking fake. None of it is for real. Nobody is impressed

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: krr.jpg (23KB, 320x416px) Image search: [Google]
krr.jpg
23KB, 320x416px
Buddhism is fucking fake. None of it is for real. Nobody is impressed by how long you can sit still pretending to be deep and spiritual you faggots.
>>
>>37345323
AUTlSM FAG
>>
>>37345323
You sound like you have no idea of what Buddhism is.
>>
File: jesus.jpg (25KB, 405x288px) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
25KB, 405x288px
>>37345323
At least Christianity is real
>>
File: 1480142833977.jpg (30KB, 308x531px) Image search: [Google]
1480142833977.jpg
30KB, 308x531px
Buddhism is the new hip religion for pretensions retards. It's basically a normie meme at this point
>>
>>37345323
actually buddhism is sort of like a sequel or Vol.2 to daoism although it sort of focuses more on the self-realization aspect.
what will really bake your noodle is when you realize there is NO self.
>>
File: NEPAL_police_monk.jpg (51KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
NEPAL_police_monk.jpg
51KB, 460x276px
>>37345447
China > Buddhism. This should tell you all you need to know about the merits of this meme "religion".
>>
>>37345431
>new

hip white people have been tuning into buddhism for like 50 years now

it's not new
>>
>>37345323
>>37345431
You're probably just too stupid to understand it senpai
>>
>>37345323
Oh Buddhism is very real. One day you will discover that nothing matters and lose attachment to everything.

Whether you want to or not.
>>
>>37345323
You're right, sitting down and doing nothing to release stree isn't magic
>>
>>37345404
Real what?
>>
>>37345447
>sequel or Vol.2 to daoism
>Buddhism originated in India

Kys inbred fuck
>>
>>37345431
This hasn't been new or hip since the 60s
>>
>>37345555
the hindu prince was greatly influenced by Chinese traditions that were taught to him
>A) do I need to point out on a map for you how close northern india and china actually are?
>B) do you not realize the similarities between the two philosophies?
if either of the above are indeed true then you don't know very much at all... about basic geography or eastern philosophies. either way don't waste my time again with another dumb post
>>
but Goku was buddhist
>>
>>37345589

Wait, so Buddha himself basically applied the Daoism he learned from living in northern India near trade routes to Hinduism to create Buddhism?
>>
>>37345627
that's literally not what I said but the historical facts around Siddhartha, the man, are that he was a Hindu prince who lived an extremely lavish lifestyle and was well educated in academics, the arts, philosophies (Confucianism and Daoism etc.) and disregarded the comfortable life for asceticism and meditation and teaching.
>>
>>37345683

Am I at least somewhat on the right track though about Buddhism being greatly influenced by Daoism/Confucianism?
>>
File: Guaranteed Replies.png (74KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Guaranteed Replies.png
74KB, 1024x1024px
>>37345323
>>37345431
sage

sagerino
>>
>>37345743
in my opinion I would say yes but I am no professor on the matter. Like I said in my very first post buddhism is "like a vol.2 to Daoism" they complement each other greatly and are compatible on many levels.
historically yes Confucianism and Daoism predate Siddhartha by at least 500 years I think and Hinduism is really really old too so yeah buddhism is a very nice blend of all of the above.

from my perspective buddhism teaches a great amount of introspection and ultimately "self-actualization" which is hopefully achieved by realizing 4 noble truths following 8-fold paths etc. etc. TL,DR basically realizing that suffering is inescapable if you are still tethered to the material. it stressed mindfulness and is good for "improving" one's self.

But like I said earlier what will really bake your noodle is realizing that there is no self to begin with.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.