[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /r9k/ Anybody /MIL/ here? Navy E5 here, just got pinned

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 19

File: 1899-sailor-boxers.jpg (912KB, 2100x1633px) Image search: [Google]
1899-sailor-boxers.jpg
912KB, 2100x1633px
Sup /r9k/

Anybody /MIL/ here? Navy E5 here, just got pinned for it, feels good. Been taking the big dick of the Navy just over 2 years now, got off my first deployment a few months ago.

/MIL/ general I guess. Civilians welcome, Coast Guard need not apply for obvious reason.
>>
File: 4235324.jpg (34KB, 481x444px) Image search: [Google]
4235324.jpg
34KB, 481x444px
Marine corp for 5 years. Did a tour in Afghanistan in 2013.

That was 2 years ago. I'm currently working a wageslave job at some shitty restaurant.
>>
>>37342632
How'd you get wrapped up in that? I'm not cut from that type of cloth I guess, but I just naturally gravitated to the Navy. What made you choose the marines?

At least you're working I suppose, it's rough for your guys post enlistment a lot of times.
>>
>>37342608
HAHAHAHA you fucking idiots. Why would you join any branch but the Air Force?! Shit is so cash.

>inb4 hurr durr chair force
I get fucking bitches and sleep in hotels. Top tier choice numbnuts
>>
>>37342725
Next time I make this thread I'm letting Coast Guard in and kicking you fags out. Where does the superiority complex come from with you guys? You realize you're just glorified flight attendants for the Army, right?
>>
>>37342672
I dunno, when I was younger the marine corp seemed like the most "badass" branch and they certainly try to appear that way. My mom wanted me to go for the air force because they generally have more freedom career-wise while in the marines you're pretty much stuck to your MOS

>I suppose, it's rough for your guys post enlistment a lot of times.
You're telling me. I got back in contact with someone who I was on tour with in afghanistan and he's currently hooked on heroin...
>>
>>37342608
Hey, fellow popeye here. Currently a CS3, but I'm fucking crossrating to something easy like IT. Fucking recruiter gave me the hard dick, made me think I'd be whipping up some dope ass food and shit. I like having the hookups on the ship, but I can't do this shit forever.
>>
>>37342632
>Did a tour in Afghanistan in 2013.
Did you see any combat?
>>
>>37342781
>hooked on heroin

Jesus Christ man, that's awful. What was your MOS? One of my wive's cousins got lucky and they gave him an MOS in the rear with the gear. Ended up making E6 in 8 years, he's back at home with his parents using his GI bill. Nice dude.

You planning on using your GI, or have you already?
>>
>>37342608
Also sailor here, finished my first deployment in January, shit was actually dope, can't wait to go back out. We hit Italy, France, Dubai, Bahrain twice. Anybody have any greentext from foreign ports or whatever you non Navy guys call going somewhere else?
>>
>>37342608
I was a 19D cav scout in the 82nd. Army. I was only in for a year, got caught doing mdma on a weekend. Someone snitched on me. I got a general discharge years ago.

Shit worked out for the better though. I went to college, graduated with a degree in computer engineering and now make six figures.

My brother is stationed at bragg and I'm going to visit him next weekend. First time on base since I received my DD214. I had fun, loved my friends in the Army. And sometimes I miss how simple life was. Wish I didn't finish my military career how I did. But it worked out for the better.
>>
>>37342888
Ayy MOS 3043 here. Supply is where it's at. I left Dwyer a few months ago, so fucking glad. Afghanistan is a shithole
>>
>>37342837
>Did you see any combat?
Yeah, on two occasions, but it wasn't anything like I'd imagined. I didn't even get to see who was shooting at us and it was pretty brief. No casualties on our side.

>>37342862
>What was your MOS?
I was really athletic in hs, so I managed to make force recon after basic.

Currently taking online classes for some biology degree. I don't even like biology. I have no idea what to do with my life currently, I feel almost dead inside sometimes.
>>
>>37342888
You lucky duck. I did crazy amounts of acid in A-school, never got caught. I can see if that had happened to me how I'd miss it though. Glad it worked out for you.
>>
>>37342942
You ever think about doing some civilian support stuff? You could work for MWR or some other program, if you miss MIL people that is. It's tough to come up with your own ideas once you're out, I know those feels.
>>
>>37342608
I'm thinking about joining the Navy OP, what do I need to know?
>>
>>37342608
Marine here was a HE bubba got out almost 6 years wagekek now still have the GI bill wandering what to use it on.
>>
>>37343022
I mean, life is good. I'd see about researching a rate you want before you do anything else though. Your recruiter or the detailer at MEPS will try and get you to sign for anything, but go in with a top 3 and stick to them. Fuck signing up for anything you don't want.
>>
Deployed once to afgansterstan back in 2010
>>
>>37342608
>got off my first deployment a few months ago

....why did it take so fucking long?
Where are you going?
>>
>>37343050
1345 hole digger here. Use it on a trade. You'll work with more honest people and be able to see the fruit of your labour. And make some dosh. I might go into Heavy equipment when I'm out because operating a dozer makes me feel like a kid in the park again.
>>
>>37342608
ive been a reservecuck for like a dozen years

it's pretty boring to be honest even the deployments. once to iraq, twice to afghanistan
>>
Can't join because of depression and medication. RIP
>>
>>37342608
>MIL

civilian what does mil mean ?
>>
File: 1495530669027.jpg (96KB, 450x675px) Image search: [Google]
1495530669027.jpg
96KB, 450x675px
>>37342608
>that fisticuffs stance
>>
>>37343112
>....why did it take so fucking long?
You don't deploy right as you join, sorry if that was unclear. I'll greentext my career.

>Join in 2015 after oil prices collapse and my hick town is about to go broke as a result
>Graduate bootcamp July 2015
>A school in Pensacola, FL. Shit was dope.
>A school there until December, then C school until March of 2016.
>Leave Florida, get sent to Norfolk, VA to be on a boat
>Deploy June 1, come back Dec 30.
>Be back here, going on random underways

And here we are.
>>
>>37343215
Military my good buddy.

>>37343220
That fisticuff stance is what got him through the war to end all wars. What a badass.
>>
>>37342608
NAVY here. I'll greentext a port visit from a couple deployments ago.

>Be in France, take the train to Paris for some overnight liberty
>Go with some shitbags, we'll call the Jones and Raines
>I was the only responsible one, but they weren't too much to handle, just when they drank
>oops they drank on the train.
>So we get to Paris and check into the hotel.
>They want to go to a strip club, and I'm down.
>No strip clubs, only whore houses.
>Jones gets a handy from a fat chick, Raines pays extra for the blowy joey, and I get a little tipsy while I wait.
>Next thing I know they're gone.
>Ohfuck.jpg
>If I lost these dipshits it'd be the end of me, so I start scouring.
>They wandered around and found a French foreign legion office, or so I'm told by one of the hoors
>Turns out they ditched me way earlier than I thought and had essentially committed to joining, neglecting to tell the recruiter they were US NAVY SAILORS
>tfw treason

Anyway so I cut our trip short and bit the tickets to head back to the boat early. Jones and Raines are AWOL from the French Foreign Legion to this very day, and I imagine can never go back to France as a result.
>>
>>37343118
Thanks for the (you) friend it means alot
>>
File: IMG_9900.png (415KB, 750x702px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9900.png
415KB, 750x702px
>>37342608
>got into Annapolis
>less than two months before hell
plebe summer is gonna suck ass.
Any other officers here?

also AMA I guess
>>
>>37343573
Do you think it was worth it to become an officer instead of just enlisted?

What's the difference both in training and once you start work, if any.
>>
File: IMG_9859.jpg (252KB, 850x1165px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9859.jpg
252KB, 850x1165px
>>37343615
>Was it worth it?
probably not but I'm here now.
going mustang would've likely made more sense, but I had already wasted any possibility of a normal/positive high school experience, so I just figured "why not."
also if you're not hyper-ambitious and a workoholic it's a lot better to enlist and/or do ROTC I'd figure.

>What's the difference?
A shitload of training (over 4-5 years), brutal academics, but an otherwise higher paying, more free job with slightly more choices (in MOS and otherwise) afterwards. Also some degree of command if you're into that.
>>
Only a year and a half left in the army boys, worst choice I ever fucking made
>>
navy, sub life. kill me pls
>>
>>37343765
>A shitload of training (over 4-5 years), brutal academics,

Suppose you already have two college degrees prior to military enlistment or whatever. Recommendations?
>>
File: 99 ran-shamans per minute.jpg (221KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
99 ran-shamans per minute.jpg
221KB, 800x800px
i tried joining the military, but I had to lose weight. I was off to a good start for about a month with running, but one day, I was walking down to a store, and I was attacked by dogs and twisted my ankle, thus losing any motivation.

so, now i'm just going to college since i failed
>>
File: Modern Soldier.jpg (58KB, 620x388px) Image search: [Google]
Modern Soldier.jpg
58KB, 620x388px
>>37343835
Why so? Stationed at Ft Polk?

Currently in the Army for 3 years and change now. Enjoying a 4 day weekend for Memorial Day right now.
>>
>>37343856
If they're associates degrees then they'll get you automatically promoted to E3 but not to an officer rank.
If they're bachelors degrees then consider doing Officer Candidate School. It's pretty much a direct line into becoming an officer, and skips over all the Academy/ROTC stuff.
>>
>>37343981
different anon, but what happens if i join the military with a masters or a PhD
>>
>>37343854
that's fucking rough m8. I thought about doing subs but my wife wouldn't let me. Shit sounds crazy. What's hotracking like?
>>
>>37343930
Blessing in disguise, believe you me. Adopt that dog if they didn't put it down.
>>
>>37343856
>>37343573
Associates Degree in IT
BS in biochem

don't know shit about the navy, dont know any milfags in person
>>
>>37344002
Talk to a recruiter. But don't ever agree to enlist holding any degrees.
>>
>>37344014
not really bad seeing as by the time you get to the rack you're just too tired to care
>>
>>37344002
What in? There's all kinds of officers in all branches. The big ones would be supply, intel, combat, etc. What would you want to do?
>>
>>37344031
probably desu. got a settlement out of it too, but the dogs were annoying as fuck jesus. they just bark and bark now at anyone that walks by them
>>
File: 1488854321189.jpg (57KB, 650x634px) Image search: [Google]
1488854321189.jpg
57KB, 650x634px
>>37342608
rate OP?
OS2 checkin in. was in from 2010-2014, did 2 deployments and loved every minute of it.
>>
>>37344058
if i can't make it as a linguist in the real world, i'm gonna join the military with a graduate's in lingustics. idk like i saw you guys talking about people going straight to officers with a bachelor, so i wondered if people with masters or PhD's were treated any differently.
>>37344053
what do you mean
>>
>>37344043
Navy officer life is fucking awesome man. That or you could try and be an AF officer. With your credentials I could see an argument for you to go intel or medical, both good programs. But at the end of the day it's whatever you want to do. Keep in mind that the path you pick will dictate the type of subordinates you end up with.
>>
File: 50a.jpg (201KB, 470x595px) Image search: [Google]
50a.jpg
201KB, 470x595px
>Just went through MEPS, contract-signing, etc.
>35-series MOS

Did I do good, lads?
>>
>>37344002
No clue honestly, though having a master's degree is a plus I think.

>>37344043
>Biochem degree
You'd probably be best suited for the navy since they're so STEM-obsessed, but it ultimately comes down to what you wanna do in the military.
>>
>>37342608
Hey navy boys, I'll be joining to guys. I ship to boot camp in September. I'm gonna be an AECF. I was gonna do Nuke but I heard it was really boring and hard, plus I missed it by 2 points on my ASVAB. Tell me, what am I in for? Will I get to go to Japan?
>>
>>37344103
I'm an IT2. OS personnel are dope. They seem to be like ITs, just way more black people. An OS2 is my plotter in the repair locker, cool dude.

What are you up to these days? What ship were you on?
>>
>>37344105
You'll likely have a better shot. Honestly, with credentials like that I can see you being high value. You should definitely look into talking to an officer recruiter. You get bonus pay for knowing foreign languages.
>>
>>37344124
i'd just be an officer, but that's scary n stuff. it sounds like a lot of responsibility.
>>
File: air force pepe.png (25KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
air force pepe.png
25KB, 300x250px
>>37344120

no you retard

captcha: chair lyfe
>>
>>37344106
>medical
like a corpsman?
>>
>>37344172
Don't get me wrong, it definitely is. I'd only suggest going down this path if you're ready to get your life on track and put some work in. The rewards are worth the effor though.
>>
>>37344172
Officers have specialties (to a somewhat lesser degree) too. If you just wanna be a generic(?) Navy officer, look into Surface Warfare, but like >>37344106 said, you'd probably qualify to be a medical officer. I've heard that's pretty cool.
Other branches have different opportunities too, especially the Army.
Avoid the marines unless your only goal is to be badass and avoid the Air Force unless you either like flying or paperwork.
>>
File: 1493497987632.png (733KB, 1200x1412px) Image search: [Google]
1493497987632.png
733KB, 1200x1412px
>>37344147
>OS personnel are dope
>just way more black people
Yep on both. Im white but like a third my div was black. We all got along though, i can honestly say we had the best division on the ship. Like 25 of us in OI01 and i only hated 1 person in my whole 4 years on ship. Everyone was cool and we all watched out for eachother.

>What are you up to these days?
Chillin atm desu. Finally starting school this winter.

>What ship were you on?
Stationed at 32nd street in SD. Was on the antietam then we hull swapped with the cowpins from yoko and i did my second deployement on that. Both cruisers.

Your ship and where you stationed?
>>
>>37343573
You are not a fuckin officer you cunt you will be if you commission after your glorified ROTC program
>>
>>37344145
Welcome to the fold. September isn't the best time to go to RTC, but it's not the worst. You're gonna be cold. Good choice not going nuke, although AECF isn't the best rate IMO, it's still a good one. Combat Systems is by far the best department, which is likely where you'll end up.

As far as RTC is concerned, just make sure you're working to get at least good scores physical activity wise. You're gonna miss home and all that nonesense, but time flies and you'll be off to A school before you know it, which is also in Chicago if I'm not mistaken.

As far as Japan it's anyones guess, although I will say the odds aren't bad. I'd say 40/60 if not 50/50.

You have any other questions about the Navy life? Happy to answer.
>>
>>37344242
>>37344207
im too fat anyways for the military. I wanted to do ROTC in college but I'm not in good physical condition
>>
>>37344193
Well if you want to enlist, then yea, corpsman. But there's a few medical officer programs you could do.
>>
>>37344273
What's so bad about nuke?
Why isn't AECF that good?
What's so good about combat systems?
Do I get to pick where I am stationed?
Do you prefer shore or sea duty?
>>
>>37344266
correct

>>37344284
The Navy physical minimums aren't too terribly hard, just work at it for a few months and you can pull it off. I recommend couch to 5K to work on cardio/weight loss.
>>
>>37344244
Haha glad I was correct on my assumptions on both counts.

That's cool, congrats on starting school. Enjoy it.

I'm on a carrier out of Norfolk, VA. I was dreading coming to this command, but I actually love it now. We're heading to the shipyards before we work up to our next deployment schedule.

How were the port visits on the East side? if I end up staying in for my next sea duty I'll probably try and go to SD.
>>
>>37344334
according to the air force maximum weight;height, i'd have to lose like 80 pounds, which I'd assume the Navy's is similar. ugh i want to do the ROTC program at my college a lot but my weight fucks me.
>>
>>37344386
From what I know, the ROTC staff will help you train and get fit for OCS if you join, even if you're out of shape.
Don't expect a scholarship though.
>>
>>37344421
i didn't really want to join for a scholarship to be honest. i wanted to jion to have something to do besides classes and perhaps prepare me for the military
>>
>>37344382
Neat i was in the yards as well
The best part about the west coast is jsut that.
SD is incredible man, perfect weather with beautiful women everywhere and great food. Plus LA, tijuana and vegas are easy targtes for weekend trips. Deployements are good if you like asians.
>>
>>37344444
Then go for it and talk to the ROTC staff, they'll help you figure shit out. Your digits demand you to.
>>
>>37344333
Sorry to leave you hanging, I just heard gunshots and my wife made me call 911,

Anyway, Nukes are majority mega autists, and not the good kind.
AECF just isn't my favorite rate, but then again I'm an IT and I just love my rate. FCs are a mix of good ol boys with good technical knowledge and nerdy dudes who like to work on big guns.
Combat Systems is filled with rates that attract non retards the most. Better than engineering or Supply by far.
You won't pick your first orders, they'll pick for you. After your first tour you get more say.
I love sea life honestly, but I'm looking forward to my shore time.
Sea time is dope because money and dope shit.
>>
>>37344297
oh well maybe there's an officer equivalent or something similar
>>
>>37344444
Damn son, nice quints
>>
>>37342608
>E-5 in 2 years
Fucking nuke niggers, I've been in 2.6 years and don't get E-4 for another 6 months.
I feel like I've been completely fucked over in my military career
>Highest ASVAB score in my DEP
>Qualify for every job
>"Congrats you're going in as open general!"
>Get told I'm going to be dental
>get sent to langley AFB
>Langley is located in a literal swamp
>town full of niggers
>have to be a fucking dental assistant for 4 years

DONT JOIN THE AIR FORCE
>>
>>37344577
More questions:
What do you mean "not the good kind of autist"?
I heard for AECF there's FC and ET, whys the difference?
Can I go into combat systems if I'm an AECF?
I heard there's something called FC Aegis and they get reenlistment bonuses, is that true?
What do you do at visiting ports?

And my last question. One of the biggest reasons I'm joining the navy is I'm an extremely socially awkward sperg. I'm making the effort to throw myself in this situation in hopes that I'll change for the better. Do you think the navy will help me with this? Also is it better to hang out with other awkward guys like me and be in my element or try to get out of my comfort zone and explore new horizons with more extroverted people ?
>>
IF YOU ARE IN THE MILITARY YOU ARE A NORMIE AND YOU DON'T BELONG HERE GET OUT NOW REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>37344778

What he fuck is Dental? Wouldn't that just be a blueside Corpsman?
>>
File: 1496031096051.jpg (14KB, 195x212px) Image search: [Google]
1496031096051.jpg
14KB, 195x212px
>>37342608
Baney boy?
>>
File: amzjrOv_700b.jpg (86KB, 700x642px) Image search: [Google]
amzjrOv_700b.jpg
86KB, 700x642px
>>37342608

>Join Army
>92G (a fucking cook)
>Never deployed
>Food was too good, getting fat
>Failed PT tests because of this
>Sperg out a couple times
>Sarcastically threaten to kill myself
>Do autist shit on a regular basis
>Army decides I am "Unfit"
>Discharge other than honorable
>No benefits.
>Had to pay back 5K worth of sign on bonus
>awful.

learned some decent cooking skills though.
>>
>>37342608
>navy
>2 years
>e5

OP is a dumb ol' nuke who STAR right out of prototype

That's what I did and I regretted it everyday until I got out
>>
>>37345002

What does "star out of prototype" mean?

t. someone who isn't in military
>>
>>37342942
>force recon
>one tour
>only got shot at twice
what the fuck is that
>>
>>37345016
Navy has a rating that specializes in operating and maintaining its nuclear power and propulsion plants. The last leg of the training pipeline is Prototype. This phase normally takes 2 years. STAR is a type of reenlistment they sucker gullible idiots into in order to extend your contract for 2 years. So nukes, being gullible, do it very often for e5 right out of prototype for 100k bonus (suck it, EMs).
>>
>>37345068

and you were able to finish Nuke school? I heard alot of people drop out and get thrown into BM or something stupid
>>
>>37345107
Nobody "drops out" of nuke school. You either fail out or you get kicked out (of the navy). It's not hard, and the attrition rate is only as high as it is because nukes are """held to a higher standard""" so any infraction will get you booted from the program. In my 2 years in the pipeline I saw maybe 5-6 people who actually failed out.
>>
>>37345143

if you fail out, dont you get placed into a shit navy rating chipping paint and painting surfaces?
>>
>>37345158
No, it depends on needs of the Navy. You're also given an option of what field you want (assuming it's open) but you only have a few months to decide then they kick you out for failure to convert.
>>
>>37344924
a dental assistant
>>
>>37344858
Again, sorry for the delay.

>What do you mean "not the good kind of autist"?
Nukes are a special kind of strange, no way to really explain it. Just know you're probably Leo Decaprio compared to them.

>I heard for AECF there's FC and ET, whys the difference?
FCs learn to fire and maintain the mechanical portions of their weapon systems. ETs are the electrical techs that maintain the systems those weapons rely on (racks, antennas, etc)

>Can I go into combat systems if I'm an AECF?
Commands are split into departments which are further split into divisions. You being an FC/ET will surely be in Combat Systems.

>I heard there's something called FC Aegis
and they get reenlistment bonuses, is that true?
I don't know much about them, you might try another forum.

>What do you do at visiting ports?
If you're of age drink a little, explore responsibly, go on badass guided tours. Always try and take a tour, well worth it, don't just get wasted.

>And my last question. One of the biggest reasons I'm joining the navy is I'm an extremely socially awkward sperg.

I kind of joined for the same reason. Helped me out big time, these people are your brothers and sisters as cliche as that sounds. You find like-minded people to socialize with, it helps. As far as what's best for you, just pick people who are doing well for themselves, everything will fall in place from there.
>>
>>37345002
I'm a 6 year contract IT3 who came in as a E3 for reasons, got auto E4 and aced the advancement exam. I have nuke friends, glad I declined to do that program.
>>
>>37342608
Graduated with a bachelors in physics but having a tough time finding a job, and was thinking about joining the navy for the nuke program

Any advice/info about it?
>>
>>37345517
I mean since you've already got a background in it you'd likely do well, just a question of whether you'd like the lifestyle. Long hours and the Navy is gonna squeeze you for all you got, but you can set yourself up for life if you play your cards right.

I mean, I'd at least consider talking to an officer recruiter first though, see if it's for you. If you need a job though, you'll get picked up quick enough.
>>
Former MMN. Been out for a year and a half after I completed my contract. It's only now that I realize that the one thing I had was time, and that wasn't something I should have wasted for something so banal as money. Military was the worst decision of my life. Shitty people, shitty command, shitty job. Fuck the officers and chiefs, they're faggots. If you have to go in, trust absolutely no one. Remember that while the vast majority of your leaders got to where they were by lying, cheating, stealing, and stepping on people around them to rise to where they are, they will hammerfuck you at the earliest opportunity if it so suits them. Liars and hypocrites all. Fuck all of them.
>>
File: 1494009613215.jpg (47KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1494009613215.jpg
47KB, 500x375px
Howdy niggers, joined up with the Navy a couple months ago and ship out October. They got me to do the Nuke jew, did quite well on asvab so not too worried about difficulty of schooling, but moreso concerned about some of the shit I should be aware of/prepare for based on what you fellas have seen observing the turbo nuclear autists?
>>
>>37345626
Read 48 rules of power and apply it to your entire fucking career. Your reputation is everything. If you're a nuke, these things will apply to you more so than anything else. Do not trust the khaki.
>>
>>37345688
Khaki, as in brass/higher command?
>>
>>37345593
Former MMN2/ss here. Been out for a little over 5 months. Don't miss it at all. Starting college in the fall because if there's one thing the Navy did teach me is to take advantage of everything I can get.

I also got 60% disabled last week too so free money and health care for life
>>
>>37345593
Damn man, I'm sorry you had such a negative experience, although I can't say I'm surprised based on your rate. You guys had/have it tough. I hope you're happy on the outside
>>
>>37345714
Khakis refer to E-7 (chief petty officer) and above, including O-1 (ensign) and above. They are called khakis because when you make those ranks you stop wearing black trousers on your Naval Service Uniform and start wearing all khaki. In other uniforms you switch to a khaki belt.
>>
File: 1493601752203.png (894KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
1493601752203.png
894KB, 1334x750px
I broke my leg a few years ago, can't really run on it, and am generally kind of a fuck up. Can I join the military and come out with at least have 1 redeeming quality about my life?
>>
>>37345816
If it's bad enough you won't be able to get a waiver for it and I wouldn't advise lying about your medical history. You can always try alternative cardio to develop yourself and try and tough it out if they do let you in. I would look into the air Force, but you're gonna need a high ASVAB score.
>>
>>37345813
Alright is see. I just ordered the book anon, hope it gives some valuable insight. Did me a solid friendo thanks
>>
>>37345860
>If it's bad enough you won't be able to get a waiver for it
It's not crippling, I can sprint for a city block and that's it, but what kind of waiver are you talking about?
>>
File: 1415576455230.jpg (97KB, 956x541px) Image search: [Google]
1415576455230.jpg
97KB, 956x541px
>got 9X on asvab
>list of possible jobs massive
>fail the new air force color blindness test
>list of jobs so small I need a microscope
>ask recruiter for any other options
>get sent down to MEPS to take DLAB and EDPT on same day
>pass both
>told I'll be a linguist because there's open slots
>one week before basic training instead told they switched me last minute to programmer

at least it worked out ok in the end
>>
>>37345904
Just remember, nothing lasts forever both good and bad. This may seem like ambiguous advice, but you will likely find yourself in a situation where that phrase will help. Work when you're supposed to and have fun when you can. Squeeze everything out of the Navy because the Navy is gonna try and squeeze you. It's a give and take. Don't let the ignorant input of others dictate your path, at the end of the day you're the one walking it.
>>
>>37345952
You can get a medical waiver from a doctor saying that you can do what it takes to join. You'll need to at least be able to run a mile and a half uninterrupted. Don't worry if you don't make the necessary time at first, but that's the length of a run you'll need if you're going to do it.
>>
>>37345953
Lucky you? I mean being a linguistics guy would have been dope, but hey at least you got another marketable skills out of it.
>>
>>37345953
so what are you doing now? basic training?
>>
>>37345964
>>37345964
Thank you. I hope in my time serving I meet more like yourself
>>
>>37345904
Don't listen to this>>37345964 guy.
He's just a recruiter trying to dupe you into joining. If you join the military you're going to be miserable period. And when I say period I mean it. There is nothing remotely pleasurable about being in the military anyone who tells you different is lying to you. You're in for 9-12 hours 5-7 days a week at a stressful job around people who have absolute control over everything you do and you have to play the role of a sycophant to get anywhere in rank. All higher ranking people are kissers who got really good at kissing ass. It's a poisonous pit of despair and you'll be completely helpless right in the middle of it. And this goes on for 4 years mind you. That is a very long time to be miserable every single day. If you signed on for 6 years you might as well hang yourself right now. Everyone who I know did a 4 year contract regrets it. My only solace is that my contract is up next november. It's the only light in my life.
>>
>>37346072
That was a while back. I GTFO of active duty after 4 years and went into the reserves.

Lined myself up with a nice gov job. Pretty glad I fell for the military meme. I would have still been working at Petsmart.
>>
File: tyguiomp,;.png (1MB, 865x647px) Image search: [Google]
tyguiomp,;.png
1MB, 865x647px
>>37342608
>tfw too gay to join the military
>>
>>37345442
How long must you stay in military? Can it just be done for 4 years, like college?
>>
>>37346247
Yes, you can do it for only 4 years.
>>
>>37346247
there are different contracts, most idiots sign up for 6 because you get E-3 right off the bat.

go for the 4 year.
>>
File: 1496029420404.jpg (7KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
1496029420404.jpg
7KB, 250x247px
>>37342888
Why is everybody on here have 100k salaries, /fit/, did 7 tours in Afghanistan, have sex with different people in a daily basis and drive cars like bmws. Why??
>>
>>37346313
because all military members are normies. really everyone in this thread should be banned
>>
>>37346313

Chads everywhere.....

Time for the uprising.
>>
>>37342608
>I wouldn't advise lying about your medical history
You can still get executed for this
Once your co calls up your doc and finds out that you are a cripple prepare your anus.
>>
Ensign working in the Washington DC area.

Most days I have no idea what's going on, or what I'm supposed to be doing, and the only ribbon I have is the McDonald's one...
>>
>>37346313
Because people usually only volunteer that information if they're doing well. I haven't left my house for 4 days (for groceries), have basically dropped out of college despite it paying a living wage due to misanthropy, and basically all I do all day is mine and trade crypto. I hate everything and everyone, and only the digital coins in my wallet on the exchanges are my friends. Fuck this horrible life.
>>
>>37346619
the horrible life for a misanthrope is pretending everything is ok. im so comfortable being lousy, depressed, and self aware. fuck doing normal shit
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.