[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm bored So lets talk about were we're from Post

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 19

File: Chicago.jpg (80KB, 980x705px) Image search: [Google]
Chicago.jpg
80KB, 980x705px
I'm bored

So lets talk about were we're from

>Nearest large city to where you live
>What you like about that city
>Describe your city's food
>Describe your city's entertainment that you enjoy.

Here's mine

>Chicago
>Neat buildings, good food, and a lot of neat shit to do
>10/10 restaraunts and delicious street food. Better pizza and hotdogs than NYC
>Navy Pier is pretty awesome and they usually have a lot of good shows at the theatres. I took a boat ride around the city once and learned it's history, that was some pretty cool shit.
>>
Chicago here. What neighborhood?
>>
>>37342162
Chicago here too. Live 20-30 mins from the city. It's pretty awesome but you get Jewed by taxes pretty hard. At least housing is affordable.
>>
chicago here, east side
>>
>>37342162
I wish I could live in chicago in one of the apartments inside the city but I can't afford it..
>>
>>37342162
> Austin, TX
> My favorite thing is the swimming holes outside the city
> Great BBQ
> The Alamo Drafthouse and the giant music festivals
>>
>>37342209
>>37342245
>>37342259

I live about an hour and a half away. Used to live only 20 minutes away.
>>
If your name get called out you go to sleep Chicango niggers
I will start : Obango.
>>
I'm actually in Madison, WI which is 2 hours from Chicago.

The best part about the city is that it's very young, crime is low, and most non-students are pretty solidly middle class or wealth. I'm from the South, and while I don't have anything against black people or poor people, in a way it's nice not having entire sections of town that are just crime-ridden ghettos.

We have some nice cheese, and fried cheese curds are god-tier. Don't eat them regularly or you will get fat as fuck. Walleye is good when it's available. Brats are also good and quite popular here. There are some craft breweries, and while there may be more per capita, most don't make super good beer; they can get local and fresh hops though, which is cool.

Entertainment is a bit limited, you mostly just drink or do a limited amount of outdoors stuff during the summer, like hiking or kayaking.

I'm actually looking forward to leaving here because I don't fit in with the college crowd very well. I'm not an alt-fag with green hair, but I prefer a bit more of an eclectic/academic group, which is less common here than other places.
>>
Los Angeles (already live here)
>Always Something to do, living next to celebrities is always cool (live next to some now)
>Food is great. so diverse. I also like Mexican food a lot
>Love going to the beach, enjoying nature in hikes, looking at the scenery, taking the metro, shopping at flea markets, nightlife is cool
>>
>>37342471
A celebrity used to live right behind my condo during the summer.

Literally in walking distance.
>>
>>37342162
Another LA robot here, too poor for celebrity neighbors though...
>Neighborhoods/areas with a lot of history and character. Insane amount of interesting cultural events to experience since it has immigrants from just about everywhere. Underrated mass transit that gets better every year recently.
>Anything you could imagine and more. Nothing beats cheap Mexican food though.
>Film festivals, the beach, niche bookstores, hiking at Griffith Park, good music (not so much into the huge festivals, but there are some good local bands around and events to promote them)
>>
>>37342887
sup la robot. What part of LA you live in?
>>
>>37342847
I have one as a neighbor as well. Its weird, but now a lot of youtube stars are moving in. Ive seen Ethn and Hila (H3H3) a couple times at the mall
>>
File: 1482523082938.png (480KB, 500x735px) Image search: [Google]
1482523082938.png
480KB, 500x735px
>>37342162
>Halfway between Philly and NYC (NJ)
>I like how big New York is and how may awesome cuisines there are, and I like how large, but somewhat homely Philly is
>Tons of Italian food
>Meeting up with my buddy at uni in NYC and hanging out in the city
I don't know, I rarely go to either city.
>>
>>37343077
pico-union. A bit shitty but at least I'm close to everything. Feels like this is going to be the next arts district in terms of massive gentrification. Not really complaining (my place is rent controlled anyway), but this city needs a lot of high density housing if things keep going at this rate.

>>37343102
I guess with youtubers increasingly working with actual talent agencies and using their brand outside their channels, it makes sense that they'd come to an entertainment industry center.
>>
File: IMG_5027.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5027.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Fun fact: Chicago is the best city in America.
>>
>>37342162
>Baltimore, even though it's a state over, I'm in Pennsylvania and the next closest city is literally 10 mins more of a drive, which is Philadelphia.

>I'm taking a trip to Philadelphia next week, but I know nothing about it, going there with a person who lived there most of his life.

>Idk

>Idk
>>
File: Home-full-syracuseskyline.jpg (130KB, 960x360px) Image search: [Google]
Home-full-syracuseskyline.jpg
130KB, 960x360px
>Syracuse, NY
>honestly not much to like, overall Syracuse sucks dick
>Salt potatoes, good pizza, good barbecue joints, food is pretty good
>SU sports is decent
>>
The nearest large city is two hours away, urbanfags CANNOT be robots.
>>
File: IMG_5028.jpg (1MB, 3182x2171px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5028.jpg
1MB, 3182x2171px
>>37343580
>>37343620
I live a few miles away from Chicago. I do like coming into the city of the weekends.
>>
File: IMG_5030.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5030.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>37343647
*for
Anyways, I took these yesterday while driving around enjoying the sites.
>>
>>37342162
Bogota
The parks, the rain and the mountains.
Food from a lot of places, many corn-based food like tamales, empanadas and arepas.
I don't know if it counts as entertainment but I like going to museums or the historic center of the city, it's comfy.
>>
File: bike.jpg (69KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
bike.jpg
69KB, 720x960px
I live an hour and a half from Detroit and three hours from Chicago.

I genuinely can't think of much I like about The D.

Some of the Mexican eateries in Southwest are interesting and provide good food on a budget.

There's plenty to do in Greektown and Downtown, so far as sports and cultural activities go. However, most of the city is run-down, dilapidated, and generally not worth exploring.

The last time I went to Detroit was back in March or April. The city's Board of Water and Light was struggling to keep power on in the aftermath of a storm; a majority of residential neighborhoods were completely without utilities.

Driving through reminded me of some of the taxi rides I've had in bad parts of Latin America.

Pic related is just me on my bike going through Downtown a couple years ago.
>>
Chicago here. Lakeview area which is north side
>>
File: 1493927236004.png (318KB, 984x488px) Image search: [Google]
1493927236004.png
318KB, 984x488px
>>37342162

Phoenix , previously SD/OC
Nothing, the girls are attractive in Tempe/Gilbert but the hot weather sucks cock
Fast food and chain restaurants, lots of Utah based chains too because mormons here
movie theaters are big , nice and air conditioned I guess . No other real entertainment unless you want to drive 3 hours to the mountains which I dont care to do
>>
File: cool pepe.png (66KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
cool pepe.png
66KB, 554x400px
>>37343612
Another person from same area. Yeah I agree anon. Feels like we are in the middle of nowhere here.
>>
File: New-York-City-Skyline.jpg (792KB, 1170x660px) Image search: [Google]
New-York-City-Skyline.jpg
792KB, 1170x660px
Always lived a bit outside NYC. I like it but I can see why the plebs in the rest of the country would be mad.

Our pizza is better. chicago pizza is not pizza
>>
>>37343620
My nearest big city is 5 hours away, get on my fucking level
>>
>Indianapolis
>History of motorsports
>it's alright.
>The race track is about the only thing of interest around here. Just went to the 500 yesterday it was bretty gud desu
>>
leave it to LA and the flyover states to misuse the quote function
>>
File: 1481372304530s.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1481372304530s.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>37343521
>pico-union.
You have to go back, Pedro
>>
File: WP_20170106_01_07_40_Pro.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170106_01_07_40_Pro.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
Nyc one hpur
Food, shows
Yum
Broadway ...plays
>>
File: index.jpg (1MB, 1400x750px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
1MB, 1400x750px
>>37343733
Might as well post a picture since everyone else is doing it.
>>
File: 1482438456353.jpg (26KB, 398x394px) Image search: [Google]
1482438456353.jpg
26KB, 398x394px
>>37343792
you know the pain
>>
>>37343871
you haven't been in many survey threads, have you? lurk moar
>>
File: 6e4.jpg (9KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
6e4.jpg
9KB, 342x342px
>>37343990
True, we are such a bland stain of a metro area. All the action is a few hours away in the bigger cities, but at the same time wouldnt wanna live there.

Also, it seems pretty weird that in a few hours drive we can be in canada, new england, or appalachia. Are we a midwest town? Fug feels like a darkhole living here.
>>
>>37343871
jesus christ how new are you
>>
i'm in Chicago as well, northwest side. right on the border of Elmwood Park but i'm still technically not in the suburbs.
>>
>>37342162
Los Angeles
It's fairly far away
Shit
Nothing
>>
>>37344247
Tbh I go to college in the Rochester area and it actually seems a lot better than Syracuse area. It has a more comfy feel to it in certain parts, but yeah its still pretty shitty for the most part. Some cooler spots though.

It is weird that we are like a connecting point to all these different places. Never actually go outside the state area at all except to go to Rochester
>>
>live in west count suburb near stl
>it's clean, quiet and just a nice place to live
> Pretty good food in general
>really like going to blues and cards games and there are very spacious parks here
>>
File: 1491303922791.jpg (44KB, 569x506px) Image search: [Google]
1491303922791.jpg
44KB, 569x506px
>>37344345
Yeah, like people in Toronto think about going to NYC and we're just in the middle of it as fuckall small cities. I'd rather live in a farm town in iowa or some shit and have a small community of people to know and hang with.
>>
>>37342162

Halifax
east coast folks are best kind
seafood
live music and a lot of alcohol

also from outside Toronto but don't spend any time in the city
>>
>>37342162
>Canberra
>Completely planned city with practical road layouts etc
>Food just tries to sound 'exotic' to pander to the large amount of libcucks. Aus food is kinda shit.
>Entertaining watching dickhead politicians argue and tourists be confused as to why the capital of Aus is so fucking boring.
>>
>>37344551
>Australlia

I recently watched a documentary on your wildlife. Australia is a death trap. How do you not die of venomous bites/crocodile attacks?
>>
File: 4.jpg (493KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
493KB, 1500x1000px
Szczecin, Poland

lot of bike trails (I do bike a lot), city area is 300 km2 for 400k people
I don't eat out very often, but sometimes go for a https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasztecik_szczeci%C5%84ski (pasztecik szczecinski)

N/A
>>
Newark, NJ. Might. E the biggest city out there, but it is the largest one in the state.
It's a shithole with surprisingly good food.
There's a big event center there, but I don't know anything about the local scene. I'm sure there's something interesting going on.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.