[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw compulsively overate all day again I literally CANNOT

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2971.jpg (18KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2971.jpg
18KB, 250x247px
>tfw compulsively overate all day again
I literally CANNOT resist eating, my brain hijacks my rationality and I disassociate when I eat. Not only that, but I feel hungry all of the time. I've been taking citalopram for a while, could this be causing increased impulsivity and hunger? I wasn't this weak-willed before I started taking it. Also, do any of you have experience with topiramate or zonisamide? They are supposed to help with binge eating, which I obviously need. I'm seeing my shrink in a few weeks and I need her to prescribe me something. I'm getting pretty fat, even though just a few months ago I was a borderline skelly. WHY IS FOOD SO GODDAMN ADDICTING? I JUST WANT TO EAT LIKE A REGULAR PERSON
>>
What have you eaten today OP?
>>
>>37342078
Only buy enough food to last 2-3 days. You'll lose weight because it's a burden to get more. More of a burden than the hunger. The thing is why you try and force a habit, the easiest thing you can do is make it take more effort to fall into it.

For example, if you're addicted to a video game, having no console/pic will make it much harder to waste your entire day. You would really have to go out of your way to play it.

Have you ever studied at a library? Same concept. Leave electronics in your room and you won't be distracted as easily.
>>
>citalopram
I don't know this med but I guess it is the reason you are doing this and you were a skelly before. What does the leaflet say?
>>
>>37342110
>Breakfast
egg white scramble with turkey and spinach
>lunch
Chicken, some tuna, a little rice, and some broccoli
>dinner
2 chicken thighs, some rice, broccoli, a couple tendies, a little bit of pasta
>later night
A little fish, rice, a piece of pizza, roasted vegetables
>snacks/sweets
3 macadamia nut cookies, trail mix, 4 chocolate cookies, 2 slices of cake, some cashews
I lift weights but I consume way to much sugar and way too many calories. I just can't stop; food is the only thing that temporarily feels good to me
>>
>>37342256
Maybe you are missing some vitamins or other nutrients You also tend to overeat if you are missing some essentail nutrients. I don't see much of worth in your diet besides broccoli and macadamia nuts.
>>
>>37342224
It's an antidepressant (SSRI.) I was a skelly before because I was restricting my calories and was under eating. Ever since beginning the medication I have been hungry and unable to control my impulse to shove my face with sweets. I know that vyvanse is fda approved for binge eating, but I am sensitive to stims. I may need to try it though, I don't have many options
>>
>>37342256
at least there are vegetables in there. my only suggestion is to try and put more veggies in your diet - that way you will have less room to eat junk (hopefully)
>>
>>37342193
I would do this except I live in a dorm; I have access to a dining hall which is pretty much all you can eat, all day, 7 days a week
>>
>>37342078
This is me with weed but I use it for happiness so I'm fucked.

For some reason drinks curb my appetite I do 1 part vodka 1 part lemonade and 1 part water (it's way healthier for your teeth too)

When I eat I try to eat healthy right now I'm cooking grilled chicken noodles and broccoli in marinara and I use shit to distract me from food and I shit you ny I play Pokemon go just to stay in shape

Walked 4 miles yesterday non go related too
>>
>>37342332
Don't. Using another shitty med to outdo the side effects of a med isn't the was to go.

you should try >>37342193
>Only buy enough food to last 2-3 days.
I'm doing the same and can recommend it. Also add more fresh veggies to your diet. Tehre is a huge difference if you stuff your face with raw carrots, paprika and cucumbers instead of cookies (don't buy sweets at all)
>>
>>37342256
All of that was fine except the sugary snacks. Replace that with fruit and you'll be much better off. Also make sure you're not drinking calories.
>>
Thats wild. I am on Celexa too and it is my favorite because there are no side effects for me. Talk to your psychiatrist. I was on a stronger med that made me starving constantly and being a teen femanon that fucking sucked. They gave me on off label script for Metformin (diabetes med I think) and that worked really well.

I am not sure how old you are but if none of the above works then clean out your house. You can only get so fat from like veggies and grilled chicken.
>>
>>37342646
I should also add that the best thing to do imo is to switch meds. Being obese doesnt help depression. I had to be on the med I referred to.
>>
>>37342646
Instead of anti depressants why don't you just smoke and grow weed
>>
I smoke a lot but I have to be really careful since I study abroad on a visa and I dont want to get kicked out of uni.

>>37342679
>>
>>37342751
If you get kicked out it's just fate. Plus you have your credits don't you?
>>
>>37342646
I will talk to my shrink asap. I have heard that metformin does help, as well as topiramate, zonisamide, bupropion, and a couple others. I'm 20, and I live in the dorms at school (so I eat at a dining hall, where there is a ton of food always avaliable.) I'm not overweight yet, but my weight and body fat percentage has increased rapidly and i am well on my way. Hopefully the med switch will help put an end to this
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.