[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I improve my life? Right now I'm a 25 year old NEET

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 3

File: morning_pepe.gif (82KB, 494x332px) Image search: [Google]
morning_pepe.gif
82KB, 494x332px
How do I improve my life?

Right now I'm a 25 year old NEET who is not doing anything with his life. I have all the free time in the world. I have decided that instead of being depressed and fapping all day, I will start to improve various aspects of my life.

I want to try to improve every aspect, but I don't know what all of those aspects might be. Right now, I am logging everything I eat in an excel spreadsheet, and I am going for walks every day. So, I have started on food and exercise.

What else is there? You don't need to say get a job / money because I am currently working on that, even though it isn't going well so far. Turns out that if you have large chunks of time in your life when you didn't do anything, employers suspect you of being lazy and worthless. Oh well, someone will make the mistake of hiring me, eventually.

Right now, other categories I can think of are: social life, romance, learn random shit, learn random skills, possibly religion / spirituality, learn how to cook stuff. What else is there? What more can I do that is specific, something tangible I could start on right away?
>>
you can't improve social life without a job. Like make that your #1 fucking priority, eat sleep and breathe job.
>>
>>37340783

Yeah I get that. I don't actually care about social life right now anyway. Most people suck. I'll get around to it eventually when I learn how to be a normal person first.
>>
Maybe this is the wrong board for this
>>
>>37340753
I would say getting up and going to bed at the same time every day. I've been going to bed and getting up whenever and frankly it feels like shit

good luck OP it's nice to see someone actually trying
>>
>>37340783
How would a job matter?

>but you make friends at work

Not really? Especially not at the jobs true robots have to pick from.
>>
>>37340753
Take 10 minutes of your life everyday and meditate , set your mind to relax and know everything.
>>
Why work on getting a job?

According to the threads NEETs make like, every single day, the NEETlife is much superior and they have so much fun. What's up with that, OP?
>>
>>37341526
I don't make those threads. I'm severely depressed and hate being a NEET. Not even OP, just hoping for replies as well because I'm in a similar situation.
>>
>>37341127
no one wants to hang out with a jobless loser
>>
>>37340753
I would recommend you not do anything.

I have been like you in every stage of my life. When I was in high school, college, neet for a little, and now full time job. It doesn't get better, so don't bother.
>>
>>37341979
literally no one cares about work or wants to talk about work outside of work
>>
At 25 if you want any success you need

1. A fucking job. Not a part time bullshit job either
2. Move out of mommies, need your own place. Split rent if you have to

Just those 2 things will change you a lot as a person, after you take care of them the social life and hopefully girls will come. You cannot be 25 living at home and jobless and be "normal".
>>
>>37342212
How to find someone to split rent with? I have no friends
>>
Clean your room, man.
>>
>>37340753
I'm 32 and living with my mom and dad still... I can't be assed to do anything other than go to the gym every day like an autist

It's not like I have an education or a work history or friends or anything after trying over and over for a decade
>>
>>37340753
Get a shitty call center job, they'll hire anyone.
>>
I wrote out a longer post with more advice before accidentally refreshing the browser and wiping it all, so I'll just give a few points.

You need to set both a long-term goal and a medium-term goal. The long-term goal can be more abstract, but should capture your goal, whereyou want to end up. The medium-term goal should be a more concrete course of action (COA), and chart a course for getting to the long-term goal. For instance, you might say you want to escape the prison of forced-neetdom, and be in a position where you can sustain yourself off of the parental or governmental teat, and also put yourself in a position to support a family and raise children. Your medium-term goal might be to pick out an employable skill and enroll in the appropriate program to get employed in that skill (e.g. some kind of associates degree). As long as you stay the course with your plan, you know you are always making progress.

Don't worry about making friends. You are socially incompetent and incapable of maintaining lasting friendships. Making new truly close friends as an adult is nearly impossible anyway.

Put the thought of women out of your head. The thought of women will only be a cause of anxiety or despair for now. At some time you may be ready to marry and have children, but not yet.

Stick to one or two primary hobbies/interests. Even if you find time to maintain several hobbies now, you'd likely have to give most of them up out of necessity anyway if you ever had children. Stick to one or two that you can do well.

Religion gives you moral grounding, sense of heritage/identity, and a final end. It shapes every aspect of your life and how you interpret your life. Traditional Catholicism is the one true faith, and the most adapted to the NEET soul, so you should look into that.
>>
>>37340753
i was in your position a year ago, and i can tell you what not to do. do not let your desperation push you into something you dont want to do. i have a job i hate more than anything now. i fuck everything up, all the time. have to talk to people all day. people treat me like i'm stupid, I am stupid to be fair. i cant quit because i dumped 15k into the training to do this and now have to pay that back. i try to ignore all these things. just keep showing up until they fire me. i hate myself. its okay though, i deserve everything that happens to me. sorry this turned to a blog post. i think i might just buy two thousand dollars worth of lottery tickets and shoot myself if (when) i dont win.
>>
>>37342833
I was raised Catholic and I'm positive it's the main reason I was so depressed and anxiety-riddled as a small child.
>>
>fell for the "you can change your life" meme when I was 23
>got wagekek job, saved up shitload of money
>worked at dying retailer where most employees were high schoolers or college kids
>constantly made fun of for not having a car or license
>buy smartphone and try to use apps/social networks to meet women
>only fat white trash or niggers were into me
>got a credit card, built up credit
>lose a little weight, buy better clothes, be a little more confident and spontaneous
>go on several dates
>all go to shit due to my bad breath (shitty dental healthcare)
>finally got driver's license and first car, solely because I wanted to find a better job
>total first car literally three days after I bought it; haven't driven since
>26
>want to kill self
>>
You should try being religious. Going to religious events, meeting religious people etc.

Religious people aren't as shallow as normies and are more likely to be nicer.

Just go along, pretend that Jesus has a big impact on your life, and your good.

Even if you are a dyed in the wool fedoralord, your beliefs will start changing as you spend time around those people.

And let's face it. Religious people are happier than non-religious people. It's self-evident. It's always nice knowing that you are not alone and having that motivator in your life.
>>
>>37342163
Then how come I get asked "what do you do for a living?" the moment someone starts talking to me?
>>
>>37342212
>2. Move out of mommies, need your own place. Split rent if you have to

>Just those 2 things will change you a lot as a person, after you take care of them the social life and hopefully girls will come. You cannot be 25 living at home and jobless and be "normal".

I disagree. Was anon-kun ever 20, living at home, jobless and normal? My best guess is that anon has always been abnormal. The social life and girls will not come. Anon-kun will be just as much a recluse as now, but in his own apartment instead of his parents' house.

Also, your family is more important than your "friends" and "girls." Being able to support yourself without your parents help is a good goal, but don't move out just for the sake of moving out. It also would likely set anon-kun back from achieving hos goals versus smartly working within his current situation.
>>
>>37342990
To assess your objective worth. If you have a high-paying job, a job that sounds interesting, or a prestigious and high-profile job, it's an easy way of knowing if you're an interesting, responsible person.
>>
>>37342990
Because you talk to boring people who don't have much to talk about.
>>
>>37343036

Being a man child still living at home when you're 25 is a massive turn off to women and a huge redflag. I didn't say it would guarantee him pussy, but its the right step forward. His parents are probably like mine, in their 50's. They don't need "help".
>>
>>37342962
That's not true. Religious people just act happier because of dogma. In reality they are just as sad and depraved as any of us, likely more so, but they can hide it real well. I was a die hard catholic for years. Trust me, it's all an act. They all wear smiles but their eyes cry.
>>
>>37342896
You're mistaken. You are anxious and depressive by nature. I was not raised Catholic and had the same problems, yet if I had grown up like you, I might also blame it on my Catholic parents. If you had grown up with a-religious parents, you would have had the same problems.
>>
You guys have such a shitty mindset that is going to keep you at the bottom "don't even try to make friends " "forget about women completely"

You'll never make it like that. You can fix your lack of social skills you just need practice and to not care about looking stupid/failing. There are tons of girls in this world, you'll find one eventually but you need your shit together first. But this is r9k where people just want to sit and wallow in their pity feeling helpless. Like I said, I can't gurantee you shit but you have to at least try and not give a fuck about failure. Trying and failing is still better than sitting on this board crying, at least you learn something from failure. I'm starting to out grow this board, might have to leave soon.
>>
>>37343147
Catholicism can do things to you though. The people that made my life hell for years were lauded as fine examples of Christian men. The church swept accusations of bullying and harassment under the rug to try to profit off of their shitty private school. Yeah, anxiety is in our nature, but the church can certainly screw with you making you think it's your fault and that you're unholy.
>>
>>37343083
Who cares about women? He couldfollow the advice of certain other anons and rent an apartment while working a dead-end call center job. Will he get a harem of women doing that? He proabably would not even have a gf. On the other hand, he could leverage the generosity of his parents to get into education/training, and then into better and more lucrative emplotment. In just a few years, he could be in a better position to move out and mate.
>>
>>37343191
A lot of neets have personality disorders though.
>>
>>37342990
The best answer to that question, regardless of your job or lack thereof, is to talk about what you do for fun.
>>
>>37343147
>You are anxious and depressive by nature.

I was naturally a polite and happy kid, but I'd go to Catholic school and get shat on by the crusty old nuns and priests, then I'd go back home and get shat on by my parents. This went on for my entire developing years. It broke me and it took me over 2 decades to fix that shit.

>>37343234
>The church swept accusations of bullying and harassment under the rug to try to profit off of their shitty private school.

Holy fuck this exactly. And it's because all this shit was for profit.
>>
>>37343234
You are a weak omega male. You would have been bullied just as much in public school, likely more so. Anyhow, that is really irrelevant as no one is suggesting that OP or anyone else enroll in Catholic grade school. OP expressed interest in exploring religion/spirituality, which does not involve Catholic schools at all, much less whatever particular school you attended. Catholic schools are merely schools run by people who happen to be Catholics (and which should--but often do not--teach and embody Catholic values).
>>
>>37342921
How do you total your car after three days? Jesus.
>>
>>37343349
I don't know you, but when I see a robot complaining about mean-old priests and nuns and his mean-old parents, I'm getting the sense that the problems probably do not rest entirely with the mean old priests/nuns/parents/teachers/etc.
>>
>>37343191
>le just try face

C'mon, some of us here are in our 30's. We've tried to make friends and get gf our whole lives. It never happened.

You don't give up, but you kind of realize it's probably not gonna happen. So you try to be happy in your own way.
>>
>>37343358
>weak omega male
Kek
Look, I'm not going to say that I wouldn't have been harassed elsewhere, but when you have a church that says suffering brings you closer to Christ, and how you should suffer silently as this pleases the lord, It calls into question their business decisions
>>
Key points here:

1.) If you're fat, unkempt, and generally repulsive, then you need to fix that first, as virtually no self-respecting woman will give you so much as a look. If you visit /fit/ and use general common sense, then you can look normal-ish within 6 months if you're not terribly fat to begin with. 1200-1500 low carb diet, and 30-60 mins of just walking (until you jog). The pounds will melt off. It's just physics. Dress decently, but don't try too hard after doing some weight loss

2.) The girl of your dreams, will never land on your lap, or approach you, unless you look like a Chad, like the 'Thor' actor and his brothers. Women do not approach men, ever. I've only been approached once in my life, and I'm pretty sure these girls were just fucking with me, probably on drugs or something.

3.) So in relation to point two, you need leave your NEET abode, and go out into the world. You need to go to places where there are females, and males, since you ideally want a bro, before a girlfriend anyway. You need to figure out what hobbies you have, or can pick up. It doesn't matter if it's some fucking LARPing shit, or D&D. You need to go to an event. If you do not go out, then you will not meet people. You need to etch this axiom into your brain. Tinder does not work in 9/10 cases. It's just single moms and or women with severe mental illnesses, that can't date the normal way, well, like you. I wouldn't recommend a 'female robot' if they even exist. Seriously, you need to do a normie thing. Go to one of those hip young churches. Kids go there nowadays just to find a partner. Start attending community college if you can afford it, again, plenty of people meet their future partner in school.

4.) If you're mentally ill, then start seeing a therapist and possibly get on meds, if appropiate. You're not going to do any of the changes that I previously mentioned, if you're a dysfunctional and can't hold a 1 min conversation, or meet and greet, without spasing out.
>>
>>37343452
>priests diddling boys at my school/parish
>"the problems probably do not rest entirely with the mean old priests/nuns/parents/teachers/etc"

Big ol' eye-roll in your general direction, newfag convert.
>>
>>37343507
Look, Anonymous, we can argue all night about how weak and prone to abuse you are or make guesses about what your specific circumstances are or whether "suffering silently" is the only advice that Catholic doctrine would give to someone in a bad situation. We could even argue about whether it makes sense to accuse the Catholic Church of making up the idea of virtuous suffering in order to make money through abusive Catholic schools, even though the Catholic idea of virtuous suffering predates Catholic schools by many centuries (not to mention similar doctrines in older religions, such as Buddhism). But really, the whole subject is off-topic. Sorry you had a terrible childhood and that you're a broken, empty husk of a human being. You're likely not the only one.
>>
>>37343732
Fair points. I'm not here to really argue about religion anyways. I'm just here for feels and encouragement
>>
>>37343679
Well, in that case the problem is with homosexuals and pedophiles. Catholicism proscribes sodomy as pne of the sins that cries out to heaven for vengeance. Sodomites, pedophiles, and pedophiliac sodomites are not following Catholic doctrine. My original advice to OP was to look at Catholic doctrine, not to get molested by a priest. At 25, he should be old enough that that is not even a realistic concern.
>>
>>37340820
become a normal person by getting a job you are always going to feel useless otherwise
>>
>>37340753
>I want to try to improve every aspect
Careful not to take on too much at once. I always have these phases where I feel super motivated to fix things, but it always fails because I get overwhelmed and burnt out turning my life upside down and I give up and go back to my comfort zone.
It's better to develop habits and routines that will stick
>>
>>37343671
Careful, meds can fuck you up permanently. Robots have attested to this.
>>
>>37343970
Which ones, specifically? They're pushing SSRI shit on me, but I'm hesitating. I don't want a chemical lobotomy.
>>
>>37342882
you paid for your own training? lmao you got jewed son!
>>
>>37344000
Ssri has worked for me. It's pretty mild, nothing too hardcore. It kinda makes you more confident and outgoing, and less introverted. Helped me to interact like a normal person instead of an autist
>>
>>37344063
Do you know if they work specifically for GAD and panic disorder? That's what I'm dealing with.
>>
>>37344097
Not sure. I'm on Zoloft at the moment and I have bad anxiety, not exactly sure what prognosis, that's something I don't know.
>>
>>37344156
And you're saying it's working out for you?
>>
>>37344170
Yeah, I fucked up what I was typing. I meant to say I didn't know for your case. Biggest thing is just staying on them. If I forget to take them for a couple of days I can get super depressed.
>>
>>37341979
Nobody wants to hang out with people who work for $10 either. The goalpost will keep moving.
>>
>>37342921
>all these (((robots))) talking about women being interested in them
>don't have asymmetrical facial structure or speech impediments
just fuck my shit up, etc. etc.
>>
>>37340753
I started reading books and focusing on my diet/hygiene and that helped a lot. I'm still a permanent neet shut-in but at least I'm happier now.
>>
>>37344343
This. So you throw boxes for Amazon now... wow, great conversation piece.

Also most human beings have mediocre jobs. A job isn't what will make you interesting.

You should get one for money and shit, but that isn't what's going to make you.
>>
Working is hellish. Especially working full time. Its a scam.
>>
Push-ups, sit-ups and squats. Not to impress anyone, just because you'll feel better.
>>
>>37341526
>>37341840
Same im a neet and hate it, ive been applying to retail jobs and no luck of an interview
>>
File: 1478287171490.jpg (85KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1478287171490.jpg
85KB, 601x601px
>>37344429
Yea i feel u bro

>tfw born with cleft lip
>face isnt symmetric
>ugly as fucking shit
>no amount of self improvement will make a difference
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.