[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck are you supposed to say when someone says, "what's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: fear.jpg (66KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
fear.jpg
66KB, 645x773px
What the fuck are you supposed to say when someone says, "what's up anon"? I recently got a job and coworkers say it while walking past me and it always catches me off guard. I usually just blurt out nothing much, but then I get weird looks so obviously this isn't the right answer. What do I do, if someone complains I might lose this job for "not fitting in with the team" like how I lost my last job.
>>
>>37331139
wow this is so retarded. why is a conversation required? a friendly hello should be enough.
>>
>>37331166
So I should disregard their question and just say hello?
>>
>>37331196
just say hey with a friendly smirk or some shit
>>
>guy at work constantly says "WHAT'S UP"
>say "nothing much" every time
>gets mad at me because that's all I say
>basically say what do you want from me
>acts like I'm retarded for just wanting to do my job
>tells me how to run my life
>has stopped lately seeing as I'm some kind of failed lost cause
>asks me "YOU HAPPY TODAY?!"
>knows I have depression or something but wants to rub it in

fuck that job
>>
>>37331139
Just say how your moos is, or if something out of the ordinary happened between the "what's up" period i guess
>>
>>37331139
some classic possibilities:
"the sky"
"my stock portfolio"
"numerators"
"time"
>>
>>37331316
Edit: Mood *
>>
>>37331139
Just smile and say "not much!"
>>
I'm not supposed to give away this normie secret to robots but..fuck it here we go

Just say
>Nothin' much, whats up with you
>>
>>37331139
Not much, you?

Make sure to say it REAL casual and slow (not actually slow, just not rushed, but it'll feel slow if ur nervous)

Literally 99% delivery. Less about "wrong or right" answers
>>
>>37331139
I get bored of this a lot but you're expected to do something.
I just smile and say some variation on
>Hey
Or mix it up with thumbs ups and waves.

It's not a literal thing, just a greeting. Greet them back and appear pleased to see them and you can say 'bananas' and people probably won't look twice.
>>
>>37331139
Just say something you're going to do/already did (something job related) and change the subject to them, in any case the burden of carrying the conversation will be on them.
ie: just going to organize these files/papers/whatever, you?
>>
>>37331213
I'll try that on tuesday.

>>37331316
When I'm at work my mood is neutral. I used to say I'm normal or average when people asked how I was but I eventually learned how autistic it was to say that.

>>37331425
That's what I've been doing but it isn't enough, people keep looking at me funny when I say that and they don't respond.

>>37331436
I'm quite sure my delivery is fine, just the improper response, at least in my culture.
>>
>>37331684
Saying
>nothing what's up with you?
Feels like it should be an appropriate response. It must be something else.
Also
>at least in my culture
What culture is that?
>>
>>37331763
California. Here if you're not peppy and outgoing you're seen as angry and people despise you for it.
>>
File: 6467467.jpg (550KB, 1180x842px) Image search: [Google]
6467467.jpg
550KB, 1180x842px
>see a friend somewhere
>call them out, say sup
>they start rambling about their whole day or weekend
>mfw its just a way to say hello
baka
>>
>>37331139
I usually say a variation of

>this is it, how bout you
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.