[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Got a job at WalMart >Get paid $9.50/hr to do jack shit

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 10

File: 1495592386761.jpg (242KB, 735x551px) Image search: [Google]
1495592386761.jpg
242KB, 735x551px
>Got a job at WalMart
>Get paid $9.50/hr to do jack shit
>Barely deal with normies
>Get paid more than what I'd get with NEETbux in exchange for spending time at WalMart
Why haven't you gotten a comfy job yet, robots?
>>
>>37329826
t. walmart shill
>>
Bet it's less than le autismbux though.
>>
Congrats Op. Good thing you escaped neetdom. Now fuck off, normie.
>>
spending the most productive hours of your day doing nothing at a warehouse is surely the best way to live a lifetime
>>
>>37329826
I do

>ight shift produce clerk
>started it last week, but job seems easy
>get premium for working between 12am-6am
>at work when store is closed, so i don't have to deal with customers
>I'm a night owl anyway, so i get paid to work at night
>>
>>37329884
It beats being a neet, though
>>
>>37329919
do you work alone in the store
>>
>>37329919
how'd you get hired there? that seems great.
>>
>>37329826
Security guard memes where it's at broski.
Gonna wait for sundown then get my guitar and amp out of the car.
Try and clean up my attempts at this
https://youtu.be/TrZvBlk4PL8
>>
>>37330118
Literally just dropped off my resume and got a call for an interview the next day.

I have about seven years experience at another store, though. However, a few of my coworkers said it was their first job. Id recommend asking around at stores in your area.
>>37330015
Nah. In my department, I'm the only person working overnights. There are staff in a couple other departments (meat cutting, bakery), but we work more or less alone.
>>
I get $25 dollarydoos an hour to fuck around at a gas station from 0000-0800. $30 on weekends.
>>
>>37330489
I have a job already but the pay is shit and it's more interaction than I care for

Did the Walmart say they were hiring? Did you just go in, ask for the manager, and give them your resume?
>>
>>37330701
I work at an independent grocery store desu. I literally just asked where to drop off my resume, dropped it off, and got a call. I never left it with a manager. I just left it in their mail slot thing.

I also tried at a Walmart. I did an online application and never heard back. That was me responding to an online ad for a job similar to what I have now. I never followed up on it, because that grocery store job was closer to the house.

Due to me not getting the Walmart job, I'd definitely go in the store and ask the manager in person. Give him a resume and all that. If he tells you to apply online, do it. Phone back in a couple days, if you hear nothing back.
>>
>>37330964
how old are you walmartanon?
>>
>>37331381
Thirty m8.

Probably too old to work at retail, but I don't care. It pays the bills.
>>
>>37331480
Pays the bills? I'm assuming you don't live in commiefornia. How's your perspective? how do you remain positive?
>>
>>37329826
I've got a job in a factory. I'll work as an cnc machine operator. I don't know how comfy it will be.
>>
>>37331507
I live in Newfoundland. I also live at home. I make enough to rent a room or an apartment, but I'm waiting to pay off my student loans.

I legit don't mind working retail. I find stocking shelves comfy, etc. There's room to grow at my company, so I'm hoping I can advance. Just gotta put in the work and look like I know what I'm doing.

Not sure how I'm positive. I'm an easy guy to please. As long as I have enough time and money to enjoy video games and beer, I'm fine.
>>
>>37329826
But you still have to get up and be there on time, I get up when I want.
>>
>>37331801
While being poor and miserable. Good going, you!
>>
>>37331813
>poor and miserable.
Wrong. I get autismbux and money from my parents + a government apartment.
>>
>>37331887
Getting handouts? Good going, man.
>>
>>37331961
Its norman tax for all the bad things they did to me in school.
>>
>>37332024
Lol @ you.

Being picked on in school sucks, but it doesn't excuse your lifestyle
>>
>>37332077
The government don't seem to mind, at my review the woman said autism is a guaranteed way to get disability allowance.
>>
>>37332024
Same.
>psych who decided if I do or don't get neetbux convinced I'm too dangerous to ever have a job
>get neetbux and government funded condo and food stamps that I can buy alcohol with
Comfiest life
>>
>>37329826
I have one
>majored in chem. engineering in college
>spent no time with grills bc busy in lab/studying
>get job at EBAD
>It's a high explosives manufactory
>work studying different explosive compounds
>also get to watch things explode
I've never been more blessed, robots.
>>
I applied for security guard positions, my dream where i sit in an empty lonely mall for 8 hours during the night is near.
>>
>>37332162
FUUUUUUCK that sounds awesome, walking around watching the closed shops and listening to music

completly jealous of you
>>
>>37332162
My apartment complex has its own security guard gate keeping and little stall they sit in. I really wanted to do it until I saw there are always 3-4 in the small little gatekeeping room, even on nightshift.
REEEE WHY CAN"T IT BEEE JUST MEE
>>
>>37332135
Blaming it on muh normies is shifting the blame, m8.
>>
>>37332223
That's out of the question, its not up for debate. Just keep paying your taxes, wagie.
>>
>>37332258
Looks like I touched a nervie wervie. Keep wallowing in self pity
>>
>>37332300
What are you talking about "self pity"? I live a comfy and for fulfilling traveling the world with my infinite spare time.
>>
>>37332223
Just bee urself brah. Don't blame others even though they mentally and physically tortured you your whole life leaving you extremely fucked up. Blaming others for your mistakes is such a shallow thing to do bruh. Just get laid
>>
>>37332335
M8, I was beat up, bullied, called names, ignored in high school outside of the above. I didn't deserve it because I was the shyist motherfucker.

Didn't blame them, as high school is a race to be as normie as possible. How you deal with it is what matters.

If you drop out of life, it's your call. It's still retarded to think it's getting back on a guy who called you names
>>
>>37329861
I am not a normalfrog. RAAAAAAAAAAA

But seriously, working at WalMart is a-okay.
>>
>>37332332
Going on Google Street view isn't traveling the world
>>
>>37332497
>a-okay
Back to r*ddit with you
>>
>>37332520
No but having a tour of the googleplex in CA is, I've also been to a Microsoft campus too for one of their disability awareness events.
>>
>try to get a McJob
>application wants 30,000 professional and personal references
>you don't know anyone
True NEETs can't leave the game even if they wanted.
>>
>>37332460
Nobody said it's to get back at anyone. And
>M8, I was beat up, bullied, called names, ignored in high school outside of the above. I didn't deserve it because I was the shyist motherfucker
>Didn't blame them
You're an enabling retard. You are basically saying it's fine they did all that and it's just their high school nature. And I didn't drop out of life. I just don't work. I go to a bouldering gym 5 days a week and mountain bike in the day.
>>
>>37332590
That's pretty cool actually mate. How did you manage that
>>
>>37332701
>Implying I never fought back
>Implying seeing it for what it is is enabling
I should have tried to subvert the system or something, but it's too much for one retard.

>Implying leeching off mom and the government isn't dropping out of life

It's cool you lift or whatever, but come on. Volunteer with big Brothers big sisters or some place with lots of disenfranchised youth
>>
>>37332724
For the Microsoft visit it was my schools computer club that got invited because one of the teachers had connections, the googleplex trip was some local council partnership thing for "gifted" people.

Granted they were mostly glorified grand tours but I still had a good time.
>>
I have a somewhat comfy job, building CRUD apps in PHP.
>>
>>37332827
Hell, even a grand tour would be neat.

What did the tours entail?
>>
>>37329826
If your an early 20's or unifag like most of this board seems to be then wagecucking is actually pretty good, your surrounded by people your age who it's easy to become friends with or at least talk to so you can develop some social skills and the jobs aren't even that bad they give you something to do that isn't just sitting around all day complaining about how depressed you are on /r9k/

t. went from complete robot to at least having friends though my wagecucking
>>
>>37332813
I live alone mate. My mom is dead. And why the fuck would I want to help some young nigger bullies who will end up in prison regardless of the help they receive when young?
>>
>>37332971
It happened over 10 years ago now but here is what I can remember from the ms trip which is the most recent.

History of the company, tour of some of the buildings (the xbox building at ms was my favorite with the life size masterchief figure), lunch, sneak peek at some upcoming projects like windows vista at the time, more roaming around and we found out they had vending machines for PC keyboards and free coke-a-cola.

Then there was a quiz and they gave the winners prizes like gaymen keyboards, after that we went to another snack bar called "megabytes" and prepared for the long drive home.

The googleplex was similar but with a couple team games like involved finding all the letters that make up google for a google branded memory stick prize.
>>
>>37333106
Sounds defeatist, but whatever. As long as you enjoy your life.
>>
>>37333173
That sounds neat, especially the video games bit. Did you win anything? Get a chance to play Xbox?

Which one did you like touring more?
>>
>>37333318
>implying living a happy life not having to work 40 hours a week is being a defeatist
If all your fulfillment in life comes from having a job, I feel sorry for you.
>>
File: 1373017360354.png (391KB, 400x550px) Image search: [Google]
1373017360354.png
391KB, 400x550px
>>37329826
>Why haven't you gotten a comfy job yet, robots?

>comfy job
>WalMart

yeah okay but nah
>>
File: 1492304952977.png (651KB, 546x640px) Image search: [Google]
1492304952977.png
651KB, 546x640px
>work in garden of hardware store
>water plants for $11/hr
>smoke breaks 15 feet away from where i work
>saving money rapidly for my romp around the world
Future looks decent, still want to kill self.
>>
>>37333414
>implying all jobs are a grind
>implying my job is the only thing i enjoy in life

Loving
Every
Laff
>>
>>37333397
>Did you win anything?
No, I'm really a loser among losers.
>Get a chance to play Xbox?
Yes, we played a beta version of a Halo 3 team deathmatch map but I wasn't very good.
>Which one did you like touring more?
Probably Microsoft because the google trip was with a big bunch of strangers.
>>
>retail
>not having to deal with normies

Yeah sure. I wouldn't mind my retail job if that was the case
>>
>>37331813
You're working a fucking retail job. You are poor you delusional retard
>>
>>37329826
I found a really comfy job at the last place you'd imagine.
>be from non english speaking country
>study english during high school
>apply for a job at a special needs school
>the massive lack of english teachers got me hired almost immediatly
>basically hanging out with retarded kids all the time
>they are all nice because the violent ones are always transferred to other schools
It's great. These kids are nicer than 99% of the people, and the few violent ones never last long before they have to be transferred to other schools. Their parents never bother me much because they don't have too much expectations for their kids to begin with. You just have to keep an eye on the ones who tend to smash their heads against the wall. Even if they piss/shit themselves it doesn't really matter because we aren't allowed to touch them down there to clean them up, so we just call a relative to come pick them up.
>>
>>37333917
Get one where you work overnights or in a warehouse.

>>37333897
Sucks you never won anything m8. Still, playing vidja is fun.

>>37333937
>implying all retail positions are minimum wage

I'm making more than some retard on tism bux m8
>>
>>37334018
Tell us some stories about the tards
>>
>>37333511
You implied I lived a defeated life because I'm happy as a neet. Now you're back to defending having to work. And yes, all jobs are a grind. You can find a career in something you absolutely love, but after years of doing it you will end up hating every second of it.

Now imagine never working and doing all your hobbies/sleeping in/no responsibilities. The only reason you would want a job is because of material things like a fancy car and fancy house or paying for your whore wife's habits.
Lmaoing at your life wagie
>>
>>37333035
the problem is that no one will hire me. This includes, McDonald's, Walmart, Burger King, Starbucks, and 6 different independent grocery stores. And that's without counting the non retail jobs that didn't want me either: call centers, hotels (as cleaning personnel), warehouses, etc. I'm pretty much unhirable, I think.
>>
>>37334100
>all jobs become boring after a while!
>my lifestyle will never, ever get boring though! No siree.

Delusional fucker. If you get bored of your job, switch.
>>
File: 1478220776638.jpg (40KB, 431x420px) Image search: [Google]
1478220776638.jpg
40KB, 431x420px
>get paid $17 an hour to do miscellaneous tasks and tell normies to get out at closing
>>
>>37334094
>I'm making more than some retard on tism bux m8

You're making a penny more, WOAH.

I honestly don't care that you have a job, but stop thinking you're some richfag.
>>
>>37334184
After you stop thinking you're hot shit for having a half hour more free time than me, m8
>>
File: reviewbrah.jpg (5KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
reviewbrah.jpg
5KB, 194x259px
Can someone here help me find a warehouse job in Atlanta that doesn't require experience? I heard warehouse jobs are comfy as fuck and don't require you to talk to normies.
>>
File: 1492720869436.png (77KB, 750x780px) Image search: [Google]
1492720869436.png
77KB, 750x780px
>>37334229
Yeah, sure, let me Google job banks for the Atlanta region
>>
>>37334096
I have a cute story about a girl that looks exactly like Quasimodo and a boy who has tourettes and really bad anger/anxiety issues, along with some retardation as well.
>one of the first days of school
>Quasy is pretty lonely because the other kids are scared of her
>One day Tourette's boy spazzes out and starts yelling and throwing stuff during recess
>Impossible to calm down
>Quasy walks up behind him and places one hand on his shoulder
>btw she has fin-like hands because her fingers are all stuck together
>Boy turns around, opens eyes wide
>she asks: "What's wrong? Why are you doing this?"
>He doesn't answer but at least stops screaming
>She puts her arm around his shoulder and says "let's walk"
>They spend the rest of the recess walking together like that
>They become friends after that and hang around together all the time
>Every time he spazzes out she knows how to calm him down
>"Why are you doing this? You don't have to do this. What are we?"
>"B...best friends..."
>"Best friends! So you don't have to be angry!"
>They walk holding hands now sometimes
>>
>>37334153
My lifestyle I can change at any time or do new hobbies. If you are in a well paying job you hate you can't exactly just quit. This is how people end up at a job for 40 years. They suspect you are about to leave. They give you a raise and bump in vacation days. You stay thinking you can leave when you want. You put in your notice. They offer you another raise and a bonus. You stay.

Meanwhile me as a neet, if I get bored of something I will just do something else. There is nothing holding me down or keeping me anywhere. I can have a gov funded house in any state. My neetbux follow me anywhere in America. You're the delusional one thinking you can ever leave your job, goy.
>>
>>37334229
>atlanta
What part? There's bound to be plenty.
>>
>>37334317
Not everyone is cucked by their job, m8. I left fine because i saw a better one. Unless you're signed into a contract, you're free to do what you will.

The question is, will you move? Or will you spend your time repeating "all workers are goys amirite"... i mean go to Alaska and have a grand adventure
>>
>>37334514
But you are. You have to work a job. You say you can move but that's it. You still only have the option of working for someone else for a wage.

You're only options are to build up capital so you can eventually be free or NEET it up.
>>
>>37334391
North Atlanta. I can't find any companies that I know of/know people who have worked there.

Is working at like Pepsico or Coca-Cola any good? I really need a job or I am getting kicked out, and those two were companies my dad suggested.
>>
>>37334562
I also have the option to work for myself. I could also feign anxiety or something and steal from the government (or stealing from normies, to use your terms), but that would be retarded.

I love how you avoided my second question. I guess you do take advantage of your infinite free time and capital, eh? :^)
>>
>getting paid to do work of an automaton
>getting paid an amount barely capable of maintaining subsistence

>being proud of performing meaningless and poorly compensated work

>not realizing that you're willfully partaking in an oppressive and labor-exploitative system

>agreeing to be downtrodden and oppressed by the bourgeoisie and its comprador agents

Good going, Slavey.
>>
>>37334720
>prwtending you're mentally ill so the government throws you scraps
>pride yourself in your infinite free time, but spend it making fun of them damn wagies

Really gets your almonds activated
>>
File: 1492581333714.png (396KB, 1832x2366px) Image search: [Google]
1492581333714.png
396KB, 1832x2366px
Be careful not to fall for "comfy" job meme. It is only partly real. Many "comfy" jobs will have you doing way more than you expected and even working with people or customers. Companies always leave out stuff in job description or some are not well described. Before you get a "comfy" job find out about it and be thorough. A job that fits the comfy meme 100% is being self employed or owning your own business.
>>
>>37335669
no job is entirely comfy. Well, there are some but those are like the 1%
most jobs suck
you just learn to live with it because you have to
>>
File: 1495493839580.jpg (114KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495493839580.jpg
114KB, 1920x1080px
>>37332138
Wot country do you live in?
>>
>>37329826
>job
>comfy
pick one
>>
>make 16$ an hour counting bullshit at amazon.
Only problem is, you HAVE to be accurate and you do it for 12 hours. Also it's at night and you are SURROUNDED by niggers, not just black people I mean Negroids.
>>
I've spent the last several hours applying to all kinds of different jobs. I don't have too much hope because I didn't actually meet the requirements for about half of them. There was one that looked so good. Recepcionist at a hotel. My grandparents worked at a hotel when I was little and it seemed so comfy. I probably won't get it. They'll surely hire a woman for it. And if I get to the interview they'll probably see I'm a sperg that can't be left around costumers.
>>
>>37337032
You might be able to do it nights.
>>
>>37334309
That's very sweet and I hope it's true.
>>
>>37331613
I live in Newfoundland. Can you get another robot a job?
>>
>>37329826

What position, anon? I applied for a bunch of shit (meat, apparel, a couple others) and never heard anything back
>>
>>37337733
Depends, anon. If you live in Corner Brook, i can give you a good word at Colemans
>>
>>37337486
I sure hope so. It'd be a dream come true. Then again, I've been looking for a job for the past two years, after one year of NEET life. Every time I get to an interview, they ask about that gap. I've tried different kinds of lies (focusing on my studies, taking care of an eldery/ill relative, even tried being honest and telling them I just needed time to sort my life out), and I'm sure that's the reason I never got hired. Meanwhile, the gap just gets bigger and harder to justify. I've pretty much lost all hope at this point and even though I'm still applying for as many jobs I can I'm basically waiting for a miracle.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.