[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HELP, I'm growing out of games. I don't like them

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: BI4eAWM.jpg (33KB, 408x317px) Image search: [Google]
BI4eAWM.jpg
33KB, 408x317px
HELP, I'm growing out of games.

I don't like them anymore, I don't try at all in any game because I am not immersed enough or passionate enough, which results in me playing worse than a filthy casual, which in turn makes me even less inclined to play games.

Videogames is the only hobby I have, what am I supposed to do now? I live in Swedistan so I can't shoot guns or do crazy stuff like Americans can, and I'm white so I can't commit crimes and shit, not that I'd even want to.

Has this happened to anyone else? What'd you do? Do you just sit at home and do nothing?
>>
>>37327594
What kinda vidya do you play?
>>
This shit happened to me as well about a year or so ago. If you and l are similar then you won't enjoy video games again period. That goes for new games and old childhood nostalgia trips alike.
Just pack it up and move on bro.
>>
>>37327594

You've played enough games the novelty has worn off. Now that you can see the general patterns underlying them, they are no longer as stimulating because let's face it: most games are vapid pieces of shit - even when they are fun.

This, I believe, is the fate of all entertainment hobbies when you have the time to explore them completely - they're too easy; too passive. The only way out I could find was autodidactism. It's not going super because I'm still a depressed faggot and want to kill myself on the daily, but when the haze does lift it's alright.

The only reason I haven't killed myself is that I should like to learn more mathematics.
>>
>>37327594
I grew out of games a long time ago. I got a job

what kind of games did you enjoy most?
>>
File: 1489914599829.png (395KB, 598x1021px) Image search: [Google]
1489914599829.png
395KB, 598x1021px
>>37327594
Don't worry, this is natural.
I'm 19, and I can't enjoy games like few years ago.
I suggest you to start watching TV series, or read some books.
>>
>>37327594
Build model airplanes.
>>
>>37327594
The reason you grow out of it is that all your old friends go out into the world and accomplish something and constantly trying to improve their life and live it to the fullest.
Youre just starting to realize it.
Maybe pick up a sport
>>
>>37327594
You are not alone OP
>Be me
>Suddenly lose all interest in games
>Give sister my 360 for Netflix
>Decide to be social for once
>Go to air show and want to join the military
>Meet a lot of great people
>This feels nice
>>
>>37327594
i'm almost fully done with games.
that's one form of escapism i've rid myself of.
i just play the odd phone game now like a normie.
problem is i'm left with a gaping hole in my life now.. one i'm having a lot of trouble filling.
i'm still interested in philosophy/politics/etc. but it's not enough.. i need some new hobby.
maybe i'll take up music making or video making.
>>
>>37327669
I asked this because maybe you should try out games that are of a different genre than the ones you currently play.
I used to play triple A fps games and after realizing how garbage they were I took a hiatus from video games. In the meantime I would binge on anime, TV shows, movies and other shit. Later after reading about dwarf fortress, I started playing it and from there I branched out into playing similar games. Now I only play roguelikes and strategy/management games.
>>
>>37328452
I'm still an autistic piece of shit though. So it's rather better that you give up gaming.
>>
>>37328444
..or maybe becoming a gymrat.
or something more productive like coding or something.
i need some fucking goals that's all i know.
i'm sick of my meaningless zombielike existence.
>>
>>37327594
My life has its periods when I enjoy gaming and when not. Whne the second period came I just switch to books and anime. It can last month, half year or a all year but that doesnt matter. When that old passion to gaming came again it feels so good and I'll spend days at my pc.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.