[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some cushy, entry level, easy to get jobs that are easy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1494355630010.png (109KB, 631x595px) Image search: [Google]
1494355630010.png
109KB, 631x595px
What are some cushy, entry level, easy to get jobs that are easy on the body and mind? I don't care if it's an overnight shift that pays minimum wage.

I just got a dishwashing job that pays $9/hr in 8 hour shifts, and have only finished 2 days, but fuck is it hard on my back, knees, and feet. I just want something to make spending money while I study for muh IT certs. I still live at home.
>>
If you have a car, delivery is pretty tight.

I was a driver for my first three years of university and made between $15 and $20 per hour after including tips and maintenance reimbursement.

Living in a college town with a lively nightlife and high-performing NCAA football and basketball teams meant that my store was usually busy. I was in and out of the restaurant and rarely had to interact with managers or customers for more than a few seconds at a time.

Decent job if you want to go home with cash every day and not bother making small talk.
>>
tech support is good if you're doing IT certs, i did it for quite a while
>>
I just started a kitchen job, dont worry about your feet and shit hurting eventually your body will adjust and it will only ache a little bit after like the first couple weeks
>>
>>37311027
I'd actually like to do it (again), but am not very savvy in regards to automotive maintenance and repairs. Plus, all the major chains don't pay well anymore, they pay sub min wage as you're on the road, and up the delivery charge, making people assume you get the delivery charge so they don't tip as much anymore.
>>
>>37310891
>What are some cushy, entry level, easy to get jobs that are easy on the body and mind?

lawyer
>>
>>37311133

Guess it depends on where you live and who you're working for.

My first gig was with Jimmy John's, and I always made decent money with them.

I quit after some time to get into logistics, where I made bank up until about July of 2016. However, that job distracted me from university and I wasn't able to take classes concurrently.

Now that I'm trying to finish my degree, I'm doing delivery again (quitting in a month) and freelance writing. I make more money from writing than delivery, but I can't bring myself to do McDonald's or some shit.

Delivery is laid back enough that the occasionally odd earnings are worth it for me. Where I work, if there's no delivery up, i can just sit on my laptop and watch Netflix or read a book.
>>
File: 1494720721945.jpg (142KB, 1440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1494720721945.jpg
142KB, 1440x1440px
>>37311077
But I have no experience and only just started studying informally in my free time. By that I mean I watch downloaded ICND1 videos. I do have experience with removing viruses, piracy, and building computers, but das it. I don't even know where to apply for such a job.

>>37311110
How in shape are you and what do you do/how long are your shifts? Coming home in pain and not having energy for anything else except winding down is not sustainable for long.
>>
I worked in a shipping company, boxing shit up and shipping it off.
Comfy as fuck, no talking to others, dumbass manual work so you can let your mind wander.
>>
>>37310891
find a courier company that works for amazon

they pay about 15.50 and some give medical benefits, you dont even have to knock on doors just leave the packages at the doors, they give you a van for the day
>>
>>37311197
I might do it for a low volume mom and pop place that will pay min wage + tips if there's time for me to sit on my ass. I actually knew of one like that 9 years ago, but they're a Pho place now. It used to be a pizza shop. It could be the same owner, but idk if they do delivery anymore.

Honestly, I'm just worried about wearing my (mommy's) vehicle and car repair bills.
>>
>>37311409
I work in shipping too. It's really simple and relaxing for me, and even better, it pays better than Walmart or McDick's.
>>
H-help guys. My body might not hold out.
>>
>>37311077
Scanning.....
Researching....
Resources allocated:
IT is so over saturated these days, you will not not only require 2+years of relevant experience, but a few certs and maybe a college degree as well. Pay is also dwindling due to the maximum amount of workers being achieved being at most companies. Lay offs are frequent. Opportunities are becoming scarce.
Worker stress varies.
Conclusion: inconclusive
>>37311110
Scanning.....
kitchen work, although very easy is not "easy on the mind", as OP requested. User in question having below average IQ is very high.it is, because you have a very low iQ, which is common for people in that line of work that this particular job is ideal. You just don't really know any better. Many resturants would rather hire illegals for this kind work since they are willing to work more for less, and do not complain about being treated poorly out of fear of being deported.
Conclusion: unsatisfactory
suggestion terminated
>>37311142
Scanning.....
Post does not hold anything of significance. Can not determine if satire.
Suggestion terminated.
>>37311409
Shipping companies in America are outsourcing their labor to machines and illegal immgrants. Conclusion:
unsatisfactory conditions for OP.
Suggestion terminated.
>>37311431
Scanning.....
Researching...
courier companies for amazon: require, CDL class A/B of minimum.
3+ years of experience
knowledge of maps
ave wage 12.50 hr
medical benefits do not activate until employee has been with company for over a year.
Non-unionized job; employees subject to be terminated at the discretion of the employer

Conclusion: Unsatisfactory conditions for OP's inquiry. Deletion in process.
Moving on
>>
>>37312913
quality post, I wish you would've been there in other threads about wagecuckery. You would've helped a lot of people there.
>>
>>37312897
Message received.
Scanning..........................................................

Resources allocated
Possible match found:

Hotel Housekeeping(nightshift)
Provides OP with satisfactory requirements of their inquiry for specific employment in almost every aspect.

You are left alone to perform basic custodial duties,such as replacing bedsheets, sweeping, mopping, etc
you will not have to be concerned with managers(supervisors) constantly watching your every move.

Hotel environment during slow, non holiday seasons can be relaxing, quiet and even therapeutic.

Unsatisfactory:
Pay is very low.
Opportunities are scarce. Job is easy, and stress free. Therefore it is most attractive to like minded individuals seeking a similar occupation.
Must compete with elderly old women, who will have automatic preference of getting hired over a young male. Other competitors are minorities. Open positions are rare due to workers refusing to leave for other work.

entering sleep mode
>>
It doesn't get any easier than being a security guard. Generally you get paid about $10/hr on average, usually 11 or 12 if you get on the night shift. I highly recommend it. You get paid to walk around and scribble a check in at certain spots. If anyone shows up that isn't supposed to be there you just tell them they have to leave and if they don't you just call the police to take care of it and go chill sitting in a chair writing up a description of what happened. If you've been a neet for a long time then getting used to the walking can be killer but once you've adjusted to it from a completely sedentary lifestyle it's fine. Hell, you might even get put on monitor duty depending on the location. You just sit in the monitor room and mess around on your phone until it's time to take turns and switch with the patrolman.
>>
>>37310891
Honestly. Don't waste your money trying to get into the IT field. It's turned into a shit industry to work for. It's not what it used to be in the 90's or early 00's when it used to be a pretty good money spinner. These days you will most likely be working for a Managed Service Provider. Where the pay is low. The stress is high and the clients treat you like shit.
>>
>>37314411
I actually want an overnight security job but the only one I could get was almost an hour drive away for $10/hr. It'd be sweet if it was closer by and I'd probably even do it for$8/hr, but that was not the case, but I'll keep my eye open for such a position.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.