[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is the point of math? Unless I'm working for

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: Math.jpg (1MB, 2624x1873px) Image search: [Google]
Math.jpg
1MB, 2624x1873px
What the fuck is the point of math? Unless I'm working for NASA or the NSA, when the fuck am I ever going to use long division?
>>
>>37307296
you arent. the goal of teaching it to you is to give you a well-rounded education. then you figure out what you liked and want to specialize in in college
>>
>when the fuck am I ever going to use long division?
When you have to pass middle school you fucking retard.
>>
>>37307296
math is important liek really freaking important

its the bases of everything remotely near science

you dont need long diivision in life but after you'll learn a lot more math you will start to think different and in a more systematic way

its a way of thinking you can say
you need math everywhere . You want to learn math? Math. Chemistry? Math Physics? Math. Medicine? Math

The world is math
if you want to be a homeless jobless artist you better start learning fucking math and pass those middle school tests and stop complaining
>>
you're never going to use long division. i study maths and never use it.

the point of learning math is to sharpen your logical and abstract thinking.
>>
>>37307296

You think there is no point because you are a useless NEET who does not know shit. You need math everywhere and long division is not fucking math, it is baby arithmetics.
>>
File: 1200px-RiemannCriticalLine.svg.png (101KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-RiemannCriticalLine.svg.png
101KB, 1200x900px
>>37307473
Explain this one , Einstein.
>>
>>37307296
>What the fuck is the point of math?

Honestly, you make fucking sick. How about you do a little bit of research and then you come back to this thread and apologize to me, for typing this garbage.
>>
I use math all the time. Everyone who has a hobby uses math.
>>
>>37307523
What if my hobby is jerking off to hentai?
>>
>>37307546
then you still need math
you need to calculate how many pictures you go through 1 fap session, how often you fap and youll need to find a place where you can find the right amout of fapping material that fits your tastes and at the same time you'll need to explore new things

A lot of math involved trust me i've been there
>>
>>37307508
Explain to me this, faggot. Why do engineers use math? I mean it is useful for "NASA or the NSA."
>>
Don't learn long division then. You learned it in school to give you an idea of how to divide by hand, adults use calculators.

If you're saying division is worthless then you're an idiot.
>>
>>37307620
kill yourself not even bothering to type out a full response to that question

if you ever manage to get a job you will be using math. doesn't matter if you are a wagecuck or not.
>>
you learn long division to show you how you can calculate things without the use of a calculator. once you pass fourth grade, you basically never use it again.
>>
>>37307364
first post is the best post again, cool
>>
>>37307296
Even stock clerks and cashiers use math, anon.
>>
>>37307296
>Fucking degenerate Westerners.
>Call non-Whites low IQ retards when a second year electrical engineering student from America could not solve what is considered a high school level electrostatics problem in my third-world shithole country.
This is why I hate you guys so fucking much.
>>
>>37307410
>implying you need to learn math in order to get an 80k a year job from learning a trade
>>
If you're in the computer science major, math is used 24/7 for pretty much everything. Math is basically for structuring graphs, remember when you took linear algebra and you learned about the linear equation of a line? That's the easiest thing you learn in terms of graphing. Then you get to trig and calculus when you start dealing with curved lines due to rates of change, which can actually applied to real life problems that have nothing to do with engineering, but future modeling. All the higher level math that comes after differential equations, such as numerical analysis and topology, is simply for the advancement of human knowledge and doesn't have much application other than exploring more theories.
>>
>>37308702

I'm a tradesman and I use math everyday. Nothing extremely high level, only like Trigonometry, but to say that you don't use math is just disingenuous
>>
>>37308679
Lel, you're just mad that American average salary is $40k doing shit jobs while even your 3rd world good jobs top out at $25k. Why don't you do the math to find how to live in a not poor country?
>>
File: end me.png (172KB, 352x342px) Image search: [Google]
end me.png
172KB, 352x342px
>tfw you're doing a further mathamatics degree and you've forgotten what long division even was
>>
>>37307508
Doesn't that all illustrate the non trivial zeros of the Riemann ziemann function that lie in the critical area or whatever? Also they correspond to some eigenvalues of a hermitian operator or something, idk I read a book about it somewhere.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.