[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is unironically your greatest accomplishment? What

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 12

File: 1455878431009.png (168KB, 727x682px) Image search: [Google]
1455878431009.png
168KB, 727x682px
What is unironically your greatest accomplishment?

What are you proud of?
>>
File: 1453839294447.jpg (23KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1453839294447.jpg
23KB, 601x508px
>>37306169
Graduating valedictorian after being previously kicked out of various highschools

>tfw it didn't mean anything because of shitty past messing up college applications
>>
>>37306169
Not being depressed when I damn well should be.
>>
>>37306597
This and having sex
>>
>>37306169
Not killing myself. Becoming a kinda cyborg maybe?
>>
>>37306169
proud of not being dyslexic
greatest achievement
>>
File: 1470955620184.jpg (97KB, 880x640px) Image search: [Google]
1470955620184.jpg
97KB, 880x640px
>What are you proud of?
My extensive collection of the rarest and most exquisite Apustaja's that GBP can buy.
>>
>>37306169
I had sex, once.

Orhznaikf ik
>>
Nothing
i hate my liffe
>>
Are we talking about something that is actually an accomplishment that normalfags would think is one, or something that I personally think is the greatest thing I've accomplished?
Normalfag-approved one
>web developer job at age 19
Personal-approved one
>getting a date on tinder at age 20 (the first and only date I've ever gone on)
I'm currently 23 and studying CS at uni so I guess I'm doing allright
>>
I drew a comic book once
>>
I won the national tournament for a martial art within my category
>>
>>37307478
Is it online or available to buy? Name?
>>
Either having a label release my record on vinyl
OR
Finding a girlfriend who is loyal as fuck and doesn't participate in anything degenerate.
>>
Getting an A for my master's thesis.

Too bad it's useless
>>
>>37307900
give us link to that record of yours
>>
I have nothing to brag about. I got like 100ish likes on a meme I posted on an obscure meme sharing app with a community that used to be comfy but has long since gone to shit. That was an accomplishment.

I can almost speak spanish too. I speak it poorly but can communicate.
>>
>>37306169
finding a loving significant other that i hope to get married to one day
>>
>losing my virginity to a 8/10 girl
>getting awards in college for grades
>keeping a job
>getting a new apartment
>soon will have a new car
>maintaining my Normie sanity

That's all in order from my greatest to least proud
I'm only 20 years old so I have a lot of goals ahead of me that need to be accomplished.
>>
I'm in medschool. orig
>>
File: 1495298768945.png (27KB, 615x590px) Image search: [Google]
1495298768945.png
27KB, 615x590px
being able to sing the entirety of Sakkijarven polkka despite not knowing a word of finnish.

>Non-ASCII text is not allowed.

first time i've had that one
>>
>>37306169
i study physics and should be done with my bachelors this semester, hardest part is already done
>>
>>37309959
I'm taking physics 1 and I failed the first exam, I only attended 4/5 of the classes and fucking everything was on the test but still, this is some tough shit.
>>
File: Offer.png (17KB, 722x241px) Image search: [Google]
Offer.png
17KB, 722x241px
>>37306169
Got an offer from Cambridge University

It actually means nothing to me
>>
>>37311689
>accomplishment
>It actually means nothing to me
>>
I've played piano for 8 years and I am fucking good at it
>>
I'm good at combining woodworking with electronics.
But I got a rejection from a job that wanted exactly that, so idunno anymore
>>
File: I hate Cambridge 2.png (22KB, 604x376px) Image search: [Google]
I hate Cambridge 2.png
22KB, 604x376px
>>37311723
Cos I never really wanted to go there, I really wanted to go to Oxford but you're not allowed to apply to both and I strategically applied to Cambridge because I had better chances there for various reasons. Now it haunts me because I swear I'm seeing a dozen references to Oxford everyday. I still made the right decision though because at least I have Cambridge, but it feels hollow
>>
>>37306169
Got my hunting license. Mainly because my district is known for handing them out to every retard that goes to the course.
I'm 24 and my greatest accomplishment in life is something that 14 year olds have managed with ease.

I can't even hunt because I'm too socially anxious to apply to my local hunting society, which is required in my country. But at least I got the license.
>>
File: 1495728934378.png (2KB, 102x91px) Image search: [Google]
1495728934378.png
2KB, 102x91px
>>37306169
There is nothing i am proud about anon.
>>
>>37306169

I melted some Aluminum in a homemade forge
>>
Completed a 100 mile ultramarathon under 24 hours. It's more enjoyable because everyone assumes I don't do shit like this because I'm a NEET.
>>
File: tfwdumb.jpg (47KB, 645x968px) Image search: [Google]
tfwdumb.jpg
47KB, 645x968px
>graduated high school

It's all I've done.
>>
>>37311733
What kind of pieces can you play? Can you play Schumann?
>>
File: t3_508scs.jpg (440KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
t3_508scs.jpg
440KB, 2000x1333px
I have a master's in microbiology. I think much more often about my mana&sword fantasy novel that I wrote, though.

I also have a huge cache of pictures of the Aurora Borealis
>>
Being #8 out of a 400 graduating class in high school, and so far making the dean's list for the fall and spring semester at my university.

There are other things but I also won a prize from Reading Rainbow when I was a first grader and they "published" my story. It was about cleaning the house and being helpful to your parents.
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 1173x1240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 1173x1240px
Was the student with the highest grades out of my uni program of over 1000 people. The uni equivalent of a high-school valedictorian I guess.

Wasn't expecting it. I'll never do anything cooler so I might as well kill myself now lmao right?
>>
>>37306169
>accomplishment
>proud
Is this some kind of new normie central?
>>
>>37306169
Unironically? The fact that I'm a good person in spite of everything.

With as much hate and spite and venom as I was exposed to growing up, it'd be really easy for me to be a toxic person, or a selfish one, and make excuses for it. It'd be really easy for me to appeal to the cycle instead of working to break it. And seven years ago, I was, in fact, an angry, toxic, spiteful, selfish, vindictive person.

I'm pretty proud that I had the balls to finally say "No" and run away from home. I'm proud that I could practice the non-attachment necessary to give up all my belongings and start over. I'm proud that I went vegan and stuck with it. I'm proud of every time I went out of my way to help or protect some tiny creature that nobody else cared about. I'm proud that I've become more patient, goal-driven, respectful, compassionate, selfless, brave, sincere, and generally more stable. I'm proud that I'm not violent anymore. I'm proud that I've been a redeeming influence in people's lives. I'm proud that the stick has largely come out of my ass. I'm proud that I don't place so much value on my own intelligence anymore and that I can see past intellectual snobbery now. I'm glad that my heart is more open now. I'm glad that I've been more true to myself. I'm glad that I've found my way.

Far from done, and it'd be wrong of me to become complacent or let it go to my head, but I'm finally the kind of person that 8-year-old me would think of as being a badass, and that tickles me pink.
>>37307829
>>37308796
This.

>>37312142
>>37311733
>>37312384
Genuinely pretty fucking cool.
>>
>>37306169
Crawling out of suicidal depression successfully.

100% all done by me and nobody else, cleaned up from all sorts of drugs, got away from my degenerate junkie """friends""" and pursued my passion for art.
>>
>>37312653
That is, sincerely, an amazing accomplishment. Good on you for finding your way.
>>
Saved my parent's lives from the house burning down.
>>
Passed my surgical exams 1-2 years earlier than the majority of the country.

The only reason I like it was because when it happened it coincided with finding out loads of people who were really high achievers in my year in med school suddenly deciding they had enough of work or that their careers were going nowhere or they were too stressed or some other normalfag shit like that. It felt great because while I was barely scraping through med school and they were finding it easy, now, at the point in time where it really matters, I was the one who was chilling and had no worries and everyone else was shitting themselves.

>>37308848
It gets better when you're done.
>>
>>37312713
Damn. That merits a greentext.

>>37308848
Solid stuff, anon. A noble pursuit.
>>
>>37312717
Are you in gen surg? If so, could you give me some advice on matching with a good residency?
>>
>>37312748
Lived with my parents well into my 30s because they were both old and needed the extra help
>wake up at night
>hard time breathing, takes a few minutes for me to notice all the smoke
>immediately get up
>grab doorknob, it's not hot so I opened it up immediately
>fire out in the kitchen
>parents both asleep, mom has breathing problems so this could kill her the quickest
>wake her up and drag her outside immediately while shouting at my dad to wake up
>run back in
>dad's legs got busted in the war, have to drag him out too
>haul oxygen tank out with him for my Mom
>heater had an electrical problem and house was almost entirely on fire not seconds after I got my dad out

If I hadn't been there I would've lost both my parents.
>>
>>37306169

I made an animated short that got onto a kids TV show and had almost 1 million viewers when it first aired in the early 2000's.

I'm also proud of my book collection. I've almost hit 100.
>>
>>37312884
Damn, anon. Good job.

You're actually a hero.
>>
File: 1495911337831.png (101KB, 342x361px) Image search: [Google]
1495911337831.png
101KB, 342x361px
>>37306169

>Wrote a several hundred page book on political philosophy.

>Saw problems and fixes that no one else saw in various work related situations.

>Served my country and did my time as a conscript and homeguard.

And no one cares and no one ever thanked me.
It was all for nothing and now I just want to die.
>>
>>37312911
If you're not going to post the short, tell me what it was called so I can look it up
>>
>>37312781
I'm in Trauma & Orthopaedics and also a britfag so I'm likely of no help to you, sorry mate.

I always thought Gen Surg would be too hard for the day job and a lot of work is being taken away by other specialities like IR (who have almost completely taken over Vascular surgery in some places) and Gastroenterology to some extent. I respect people who do it because they have some of the sickest patients in hospital (especially Hepatobiliary and Vascular) but it's not for me.
>>
File: CFWR5ikUMAEj08y.png (68KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
CFWR5ikUMAEj08y.png
68KB, 412x351px
>>37306169
Litterally nothing. Anything I have done or accomplished, anybody else could have done it with minimal efforts. Because that's all I use, minimal efforts.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.