[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw grandma has Alzheimer's and every gene carrier before

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 291369042059722754.png (20KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
291369042059722754.png
20KB, 112x112px
>tfw grandma has Alzheimer's and every gene carrier before her had the gene activated too
>literally a 25% chance to have your brain stop working properly
Literally the scariest thing to me is that I carry this gene.
>>
my grandpa had that

it killed him

he spent the last year of his life shitting his pants and drinking from a sippy cup

he died because he could no longer swallow food, he choked on it resulting in him vomiting which got into his lungs and gave him pneumonia

this planet is hell
>>
>>37306129
>>literally a 25% chance to have your brain stop working properly

It's actually a 100% chance for all of us
>>
No worries, I read that they have pretty much cured it
>>
>>37306129
If you're a robot your brain is already deteriorating from the lack of social interaction and intimacy, depression, anxiety or other shit
When you get Alzheimer you can at least forget your painful memories and worries
>>
My grandmother had Alzheimer's and I worry my mom will develop it too. Hopefully there is a cure if I live long enough.
>>
I'm adopted into a family, where every male member of father's side died from multiple diseases at once (literally all of them had cancer, Alzheimers etc.). Have seen gradfather die a horrible, humiliating death (the last thing I remember is him seeing his 50 y.o. son and asking "Who are you?", really the most horrible thing I've ever seen). From my mother's side? Everyone death because of cancer. Now I'm watching my parents being over 50 and worrying about sharing the same fate.

During my adulthood, I've found my biological family and found out that we were pretty much perfect genetically (at least life expectancy wise). Gave me completely different outlook on things.

>if I ever had Alzheimers, I'd kill myself. I won't let a mind-numbing disease take me
>>
>>37306129
>100% chance that your brain will stop working properly

fixed for you anon
>>
>>37306438
>I'm adopted into a family, where every male member of father's side died from multiple diseases at once (literally all of them had cancer, Alzheimers etc.).
Good thing they adopted instead of having their own kids and grandkids
>>
By the time we are that old it will be cured or civilization will have collapsed.
>>
>>37306129
don't have children, for their sake - the chance of you passing it on if you don't get it will be very high.
>>
File: 1.jpg (45KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
45KB, 852x480px
>>37307187
IVF tech already exists and is improving every year

You can pay at an IVF lab right now to take your sperm and your partners egg and fertilize in the lab, run genetic analysis on the zygote, then choose whether to implant the zygote back into the female or not. Rinse and repeat every month or until you get one that's only got like a 5 or 10% chance to get Alzheimer's or something. With regular screening, you can get probability estimates of any serious problems with the fetus and abort it. As genetics, genomics, and neuroscience improves, it should be possible to also do the same thing to select for height or intelligence instead of just screening for the probability of a serious problem like Down's syndrome. And then there's CRISPR which is a 2010s genetic engineering technology still in its infancy (imagine computers that took up entire rooms in the 1960s versus phones today), which will allow literal editing of genes instead of using IVF for multiple attempts at something naturally superior. Within a few decades, there could be the possibility you can genetically engineer kids to be born with any combination of hair, eye, or skin colors, even non-natural ones.
>>
>>37307037
you can also say the same thing about racism
>>
Who else /TickingTimeBomb/ here?
40% chance of schizophrenia, what you guys got?
>>
>>37306129
I work in a facility that specializes in the care of alzheimer's/dementia geriatric clients and I can tell you I wouldn't wish it on anyone, I'm sorry that you have an increased chance for that but then, every person does too as they age.
>>
File: 1492127817694-s4s.jpg (25KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
1492127817694-s4s.jpg
25KB, 312x445px
>Schizophrenia, bipolar, depression, and alzheimers run rampant in my mother's side of the family
>so far have avoided all of them

Close one
>>
File: pepe crestfallen.png (361KB, 500x438px) Image search: [Google]
pepe crestfallen.png
361KB, 500x438px
I know the feel, I had a DNA test and I'm high risk too. I have regular lapses of memory already. Still, get on with something else we'll forget about it in no time
>>
i've been thinking about this and i think that video games will actually be a huge benefit to people in our generation when we're old.. as long as you don't go to hard in them when you're young and take care of yourself

old people today will sit around and watch cable news and game shows for hours upon hours.. i start to lose my mind after a few minutes of that shit. i cant imagine the effect it's had on them
>>
>>37306129
>have genetic disease
>get my genome sequenced by jewcestory.com
>high quality genes literally everywhere else, literally 100% european

Who here /living irony/?
>>
>>37307479
High tech stuffs isn't for the peons like you and me bro
>>
>>37307575
I'm already schizophrenic, and my grandma has the zheimers

and I'm too much of a cowardly little bitch to kill myself.. please kill me..
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.