[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General chatting thread, I can post again edition. Hey /r9k/,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: normie_advice.jpg (96KB, 1006x768px) Image search: [Google]
normie_advice.jpg
96KB, 1006x768px
General chatting thread, I can post again edition.

Hey /r9k/, resident normie here. If you'd like some advice, have any question you want to ask or just need to vent for a bit and get stuff off your chest, feel free to post here. No such thing as stupid questions here, I'll attempt to answer each and every post wholeheartedly(:

>inb4 OP off my board reeeeeeeee
>inb4 OP can't inb4
>inb4 what are your qualifications for being a normie
>>
>>37303628
How do we attin worldpeace without killing off every single human being?
>>
>>37303654
I don't think proper world peace is currently possible, as people just generally have a predisposition for conflict and divisiveness. Perhaps in the future we'll have a more enlightened society where people will be selfless and only strive to better humanity, or maybe there'll be some sort of external crisis which requires people to work together or become annihilated or something.
>>
Hey normie, I have re-take exams in less than three weeks, I'm struggling to get rid of the things that distract me and focus on what I need to do now. What would a normie mind do in my situation?
>>
File: 14454254523.jpg (19KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
14454254523.jpg
19KB, 403x392px
>>37303628
Get the fuck off my board you normie faggot

I'm the only normie allowed here

Gtfo now reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>37303722
I dunno, when I need to actually properly study for exams, I don't let myself do anything that will massively distract me like vidya or weed, and then I set myself goals like "I need to get through 2 chapters today to be on schedule, so I'll do the first one right now in one sitting and then I'll have a little break" and stuff. Also, I smoke like a chimney during exam season, since it's a nice little break in between study sesses which also relieves stress, but also doesn't take too long for each smoke.
>>
>>37303725
Reeeeeeee! It's a normie board at this point, everyone here has girlfriends and whatnot now.
>>
>>37303774
You have far better control of your impulses than me, I don't even need weed, every time I do a break on vidya or on this board I ruin my day and my time is really precious now. I was unironically more discipline as a kid because I didn't like vidya back then.
Am I really the only adult like that? I could play video games all day if I wasn't afraid to regret it in ten years.
>>
>>37303899
I mean, don't get me wrong, I can spend an indefinite amount of time on vidya too - I have over 6000 hours in Dota 2, and half of that was in the first year or two. It's just that when I know I'm out of time, if I ever get distracted, I have a horrible nagging voice in my head chastising me and telling me to get back to work. Plus it helps that I actually like my degree so the work in itself is somewhat cathartic.
>>
>>37303933
I like my degree too but spent a horrible year because of severe insomnia. I kinda lose the meaning of what I was doing. I feel better, I could be alright next year but it's somewhat difficult to get my head in it. I need to push myself until I guess.
>>
>general chatting discord
[GCvB5]
>>
>>37304039
Yeah that's fair. I actually dropped out of the first course I did back in King's College London cause I spent all of my time playing Dota rather than studying, but the thing to remember that what you do for the rest of the year is really up to you, as long as when exams start you actually buckle down and study.
>>
>>37303628
are you still there?
get in here resident normie
>>
Hi normie, cyborg here.

I got kissed tonight, was pretty nice and completely unexpected. I'm feeling really happy
>>
>>37304723
Yeah, soz, left for a little bit, but back now.

>>37304750
Eeeey, congrats man! It's a lovely feeling, isn't it? You kinda almost feel high off it, you feel like you've got everything sorted and under control, and nothing can bring you down(:
>>
>>37305328
when someone else is competing with you for a promotion, what do you do?
>>
>>37304750
I was invited to my old friends normie party yesterday. I didn't say a word all day and sneaked out early.
I beat every1 in billiard tho.
>>
>>37305404
I try to present myself as well as possible to make me look good in comparison, but I generally don't really try to undermine the other person or anything.

>>37305429
A house party will a billiard table? That's pretty dope.
>>
>>37305469
>I try to present myself as well as possible to make me look good in comparison, but I generally don't really try to undermine the other person or anything.
okay, and what do you do if they try to undermine you?
>>
>>37305492
Well, in that case, gloves are off, aren't they?
>>
>take antipsychotics
>gain a lot of weight

>don't take antipsychotics
>can't talk, be super paranoid, have hallucinations, think people can read my mind

I want to be thin again, but I also don't want to stop taking the meds
>>
>>37305498
>Well, in that case, gloves are off, aren't they?
what do you mean by that metaphor?
>>
>>37305514
I mean, you know that the meds are more important than your weight gain. Perhaps you should look at other methods of weight loss such as exercise and whatnot?

>>37305519
Soz, I feel like I was a bit ambiguous with that. Basically, I try to be courteous in a vacuum, but if someone's fucking me over I don't feel bad about fucking them over in turn. In your case, if they're trying to undermine you, it'd be pointless not to do it back, since that's the level you guys are at.
>>
>>37305573
>Soz, I feel like I was a bit ambiguous with that. Basically, I try to be courteous in a vacuum, but if someone's fucking me over I don't feel bad about fucking them over in turn. In your case, if they're trying to undermine you, it'd be pointless not to do it back, since that's the level you guys are at.
okay thank you
>>
>>37305624
Normie #2123 here, I come from the future to tell you it might not be optimal to undermine the person in return, since your boss may have a mentality that awards turning the other cheek.
It's like a ''be the bigger man'' deal.
Over and out.
>>
>>37305624
No problem - good luck, hope you get the promotion(:
>>
I'm fucked up man

When I was little I was molested and it fucked up my psychosexual development. Basically I didn't lose my virginity til I was 21 because I was waiting for the right person although I had had sexual experiences before that

Turns out "the right person" is a girl I know dating my buddy, they break up, and after hours of saying no, after a lot of alcohol, she convinces me to sleep with her.

Well okay fast forward about 2 years, I'm willing to start seeing her. But she has a lot of baggage. She's about 20 now. She has giant scars all over her arms and legs from cutting. She was in with a really bad crowd when she was younger. She lost it at 13 with an 18 year old drug dealer. She had severe anxiety as a teen and was prescribed opiates and now has an opiate dependency as a result. She also was in rehab for alcoholism.

Last night the topic of casual sex came up and we were talking about how some people would have someone come over, fuck, and leave. And she's like "you never really.. lived that, did you?"

And my heart drops into the pit of my stomach.
"Oh man I was a real slut when I was a teenager"
I feel like I'm gonna vomit
It's just so hard to hear.

She has this policy where she doesn't let "anyone" fuck her without a condom unless they're in a long term relationship, which means we haven't actually had unprotected sex yet, but it makes me wonder at what age she adopted that "policy"

Part of me doesn't want to ask how many people she's been with. And I know it shouldn't matter today but thinking about it makes me feel sick.
>>
>>37305787
I'm sorry to hear, man. It's a bit of a tough situation to be with. What exactly do you have a problem with - the fact that she lost her virginity so early, or the fact that she slept around when she was younger?
>>
>>37305871

I'm not really completely sure. I think the issue is partly empathy (her past makes me very upset; she's such a sweet person and she deserved so much better than to be introduced to ecstasy when she was young and be pulled off the path she was on. And I think about how much anxiety and self hate she had. And then I think of some fuckhead drug dealers taking advantage of her and it makes me sick. On one hand I have this empathy, where it makes me want to cry, but on the other hand there's this jealousy. Where I know so many guys have already had their way with her. I know what she's like with me, I know what her sex drive is. It's part of the reason we were happy with each other to begin with. I don't know how old she was for that. 15? 16?

These guys and her experiences are in the past and Im in her present but it's hard to hear about.

But the thing is, she's very dedicated to me. She thinks I'm the best thing since sliced bread. She saw a lot of bullshit growing up and she regularly gives me a list of reasons she likes me. She'll regularly say stuff like "what did I do to deserve you?". She's cleaning her life up, finishing school. I'm at the tail end of a bad time for her (sometimes the scars are hard to see too) and I have no worries with faithfulness as long as I make it clear that I want to be with her.

It's really nice to feel like there's someone who supports you. I need to come to grips with hearing about her past and accept that we're probably only compatible because of the life she lived anyways. It's just tough dude.
>>
>>37303654
Just kill the muslims and jews
>>
>>37305871

I feel like I'm so far flung in time from her innocence.
>>
File: 2d breakfast.jpg (63KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
2d breakfast.jpg
63KB, 650x366px
>>37303628
Barely functional normie here.
How to stop having a crush on every girl that I consider gf-able and is nice to me?

Currently trying to play it cool after finding out I'm never gonna get with this one chick because she said she won't date classmates and also because our relationship became brother and sister tier.
The thing is, all my close ones knew about my intentions with her and because of it they've internalized that I want that one girl.
But here's the banger: I realized I don't.

I've just started talking to this other damsel and holy fuck she's rom-com tiers of lovely, good natured too, something I value a lot considering its one of my most obvious qualities.
Overall she's just like me (the woman went as far as saying I'm her male version, which is...nice?) and it ((((seems)))) she likes my bitch ass. We've even did some retarded-but-cute shit together (like throwing the 6th graders ball in a big old hole behind a wall, feeling bad for it and climbing inside together to bring it back with no sucess). All of those facts got me really charmed by her.
I really don't want to bother my affectionates with my emotional instability, so I've been keeping it a secret that I'm falling for the new miss, so yeah, all alone in this one.

Going to try and keep getting closer to her, maybe get some alone dating time or something similar and hopefully this time I'll confront the lady and get a good result.
I mean, she's like a 6/10 (I'm around 6/10 too) thus she's fairly more dateable than the other lass that left me with a friendship in my hands. She's also far more likeable personality wise, day vs night levels.
So...this has to work out...right?

The overanalyzing reacher train has no brakes motherfucker. Choo choo.
>>
>>37306337
Stop jerking fof for a while and take a few cold showers, that should do it
>>
>>37306337
>(((seems)))
Why the triple parenthesis? Is she a crypto-kike?
>>
>>37306388

People have been using the (((coincidence))) indicators for word stress lately, like using **these** things or //these// guys.
>>
>>37306337
>How to stop having a crush on ever girl that I consider gf-able
You fuck them. I'm not memeing bruh, you just gotta be urself and get them in bed.

There is nothing that sates crushes quite like it!
>>
20 year old virgin here. This one girl always flirts with me, shows signs thats she into me and thats she's dtf. Her and I are good friends and recently started hanging out again. Like we've done stuff before but I'm too beta to take it all the way. This has been an on and off thing for the past year now, I'm surprised that she still even keeps me around, I've embarrassed myself in front of her multiple times and oftentimes treat her like shit too.

>i'd feel comfortable losing my virginity to her but I always go full autist in the end
>>
>>37306262
That's fair, I understand your anger and frustration, I know I would be feeling the same if something similar happened with my gf. But please remember that you're angry at the people who did this to her, not at her specifically. She was a teenager and she was taken advantage of, which is super-shitty and not at all her fault. She seems really sweet and she's seemingly getting her life in order, so in your shoes I'd be as supportive as possible and not take it out on her. It seems like you're great together, so just remember that. Good luck anon, I'm sorry about both of your pasts, but I'm sure you two will be happy together(:
>>
File: Mob-Psycho-100-04-45-1280x720.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mob-Psycho-100-04-45-1280x720.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
>>37306373
>Stop jerking fof for a while
This doesn't seem logical, I mean, if I stop jerking off it'll get worse, won't it? Or does it have to do with hormones?
In my view I'll have less sexual relief and more free time, thus I'll irredeemably reflect on my social existance, which in turn will make me more and more conflicted. At least thats what I'd think.

>>37306388
It just to emphasize the subjectivity and unreliability of the affirmation. Maybe it was misused.

>>37306567
Well... That is a quite effortless to make conclusion, but I wish it was that easy. It's what I've been trying to do for the past 3 years for heavens sake.
>>
>>37306337
By far the main thing is to not overanalyse things - generally you do end up dating people, but it happens in an unpredictable way, so thinking it over doesn't help much. Another way to think about it is that people who think about this a lot less than you seemingly have no problems with getting into relationships and stuff, so overanalysing clearly isn't the solution. What I did, and what I think you should do, is make myself stop trying to analyse the situation (literally force yourself to think about something else if your thought creep there) and just go with the flow of things.
>>
File: all me.png (37KB, 1224x266px) Image search: [Google]
all me.png
37KB, 1224x266px
>>37306698
I'm sorry Barely Functional, I've been fucking with you. I'm not even the normie from the OP.

I have two actual pieces of advice for you however. The first is to just ask the "damsel" out if you really feel like you have a connection, whats the worst that could happen? Worst case scenario you hurt your pride but that is mendable. What you can't fix is the feeling of regret you are gonna have when someone else ask her first and she accepts.

The second bit of advice would be to talk to more people, girls in particular. It isn't like they are different from regular dudes, at the end of the day they are just a floating brain like everybody else. When you realise there isn't anything special about most girls you will stop having crushes on everyone.

Good luck
>>
I am a loner trying to fit in with normies, I can conversate just fine, I don't even dislike them even if they obviously dislike me but I just can't no matter how much I try reconfigure my face so to show a socially acceptable state of mind.
>>
>>37306938
Do you mean "my face" metaphorically (face sociological concept) or literally? (resting bitch face)
>>
>>37307024
I mean literally(resting bitch face).
>>
File: cheeky.png (277KB, 594x330px) Image search: [Google]
cheeky.png
277KB, 594x330px
>>37306779

I've indeed analyzed shit too much to be true. Specially social stuff.
Gonna try to train myself not to do it. I'm remarkably great at going with the flow too so theres little danger for me to fuck up a situation that demands dinamism.
Thanks brother. Best of luck.

>>37306901
Its ok, even though all your posts where fake human beings, reading their made-up comments got me closer to a better than usual conclusion.

>The first is to just ask the "damsel" out if you really feel like you have a connection
That is pretty much my plan. She's the farthest my secretly overly emotional self can grasp, and its a good catch in my eyes. All of that and the wall of text I constructed in my previous comment got me really pumped up into asking her out.

>The second bit of advice would be to talk to more people, girls in particular. It isn't like they are different from regular dudes, at the end of the day they are just a floating brain like everybody else. When you realise there isn't anything special about most girls you will stop having crushes on everyone.

Its also a good thing for me to do this because I'll stop overvaluing women even when I have like a billion female friends compared to male.
It all sounds to myself as a happening that once a girl characteristics and habits wander into the girl I like spectrum (mind you, its broad as shit, I've had like 12 crushes in 3 years, even though some were just fleet daydreams) my brain overworks and starts being unconsciously-but-consciously stupid.

>Good luck
To you too, Mr NormieV2.
>>
>>37306938
>>37307056
I'm not too sure what can be done about that, but honestly normies aren't all that judgemental with looks. As long as you have a jovial vibe to you and you make it clear that you're not actually angry with the world, you should be fine. I have plenty of friends who don't exactly look like models, but I enjoy their company all the same.
>>
>>37307180
Oh, that's perfect, you'll be just fine, as long as you train it up (and you will in time) you won't have a problem. Good luck anon, not that you'll need too much(:
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.