[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>told my psychologist i have no friends and have never had

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 359935903905.png (380KB, 1106x553px) Image search: [Google]
359935903905.png
380KB, 1106x553px
>told my psychologist i have no friends and have never had any
>told my psychologist i am a handhold hug-less kiss-less virgin
>still to embarrassed to tell my psychologist i play video games

This is what growing up in the 90s did to me, I'm literally more embarrassed about playing video games than I am about being a virgin.

It's amazing to me how you younger guys are so open about playing video games, aren't you embarrassed? Gaming is so fucking cringey/gay/autistic, and yet all you kids talk about it out loud in public like it's perfectly normal and okay.
>>
>>37287215
I'd say I realized this fact around the age of 16, 17 maybe.
>>
File: fakeittillumakeit.jpg (5KB, 106x183px) Image search: [Google]
fakeittillumakeit.jpg
5KB, 106x183px
>>37287215
>get steam code back from my friend who I gave it to so I wouldn't waste my time on vidje
>was 8 days ago
>93.3 hours since then

what the fuck is wrong with me?

and yes it is very shameful. it amazes me that normies openly talk about how they play vidje.
>>
How is gaming cringe worthy? Literally everyone does it if you include mobile games.

It's a cheap form of entertainment, god forbid you want to be entertained sometimes.
>>
>>37287677
t. obnoxiously unaware autistic annoying faggot cringy "gaymer"
>>
>>37287705
I do believe you're projecting
>>
>>37287705
T. angry bootyblasted nerd
>>
>>37287677
its on the autism level of comic book collecting, that said, I still play 1.5k hours a year
>>
>>37287862
Not at all. Even the most normie of normies plays at the very least COD or Destiny.

Besides, you shouldn't base your self-image on the perceived ideas of society. I play nerdy as fuck strategy games whilst also having a mostly full life.
>>
>>37287215
>born in 93
Honestly it annoys me that playing video games is "cool" now, I was bullied so often for it.
>>
>>37288155
87' here.

Only the weird freak faggot losers played video games when I was back in high-school and you'd get shit on so badly if anyone ever found out you played video games.

Now the chads in schools play them as well, what the fuck? The new age chads must be so fucking beta compared my generation chads.
>>
>>37287215
I work in IT fixing hospital equipment, anyway one of the guys I work with is in his 50s and he talks all the time about how he has it all planned out to retire at age 60 and sit around playing video games all day

he hopes by the time he is 65 for 70 VR will be really good and he can just sit around doing that all day

and by talks about it i mean he talks about this all the fucking time and has been planning for this for years

I don't even think he's that weird for it and I don't even play video games (except for kerbal space maybe 3 hours at a time twice a month)
>>
>>37287862
no it's not get real

the average gamer is in his 30s and they spend hundreds of millions of dollars a year making games for that demographic
>>
>>37288155
>Honestly it annoys me that playing video games is "cool" now, I was bullied so often for it.

I was born in 1978 and got an NES when I was 7 years old, everyone I know played mario brothers and in college we played Goldeneye many hours per week, we all did

I don't see how anyone born even in the early 70s would have been bullied for playing video games as some kind of nerdy outsider thing
>>
File: 1495067192699.jpg (121KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1495067192699.jpg
121KB, 601x601px
>I should hide the fact that I play vidya because people might be mean to me

if they don't like it they can go fuck themselves
>>
>vidya is like a 500billion dollar a year industry

yeah nobody plays it, just a few nerds
>>
>>37287215
>be me
>currently 18 year old highschool senior
>played football so always talk to chads
>talk about xbox
>casual video games
>call of duty
>Skyrim
>2k
>more of the black kids talked about destiny at times
>madden was always hot to talk about
>they get into fights over madden
>slam each other over madden
>shit was crazy

All very casual games for casual gamers, nothing over the top. If you talked about something like dark souls or some shit like that it's over the top then you get roasted.
>>
>>37287677
>god forbid you want to be entertained sometimes
stop being unproductive and get back to work
>>
Game-shaming depends on the games you play. Madden/FIFA is normie-accepted stuff. CoD and GTA are well seen too, but if you play nerdy stuff like, what can I say, grand strategy games or childish one like Mario or Pokemon people may see you as just another autist.

It depends on the time you spend playing too: a Saturday night playing at home alone will be seen as cringey unless you have a broken leg or something like that.
>>
Share a normal secret.whatever you like it strange weird or cringy unless you make it.

T. Guy who Openly talk to friends about my fetishes,video games, sexual activities etc.
>>
>>37288943

That is why normies piss me off. Mocked in high school for playing Pokemon but in high school the same people who mocked me
>oh yeah Pokemon dude so awesome so trendy red and blue were this shit maaaaan

There are so many double standards and what not with normies, it's just a big headache. Like with Pokemon Go. I don't know, seeing normies obsess over my childhood game (Played Pokemon since I was toddler) felt weird. Like NOW it's cool? But all those years I got ridiculed for it, suddenly oh yeah Pokemon GO man it's the shit totally.
>>
>>37289179

Mocked in *Middle school. Basically in elementary many people played it. Then in Middle school it was seen as for little kids. Then in high school now it's cool again. Weird.
>>
>>37289179
>>37289198
Again key is the confidence.you wouldn't make fun of the people playing pokemon in high school cuz they were open and chrismatic about it. They could make fun of you because it bothered you and they picked up on that
>>
OP you're retarded, I know people who slay pussy and they talk about LoL all the time.

People only think gaming is for faggots if you fit the stereotype of being a neckbeard or dweeb, if you are a respectable human being nobody cares.
>>
>>37288155
I was also born in 93, and nobody ever gave me shit for playing video games. Which is saying something as my school was very sports oriented.

Yeah it wasn't cool like it is now, but everybody even the jocks loved shit like Halo.
>>
>>37288322

Was at the hospital ER about a month or two back, had an older male nurse, probably also in his 50s, and we ended up talking about vidya for most of his lunch break and every time he stopped in during his rounds.

BL2 and NV were his favorites, which are some of mine too. Nigga was alright.
>>
>>37288385

Don't know, lots of people had that stuff, yet during the 90s it was seen as a loser nerd hobby and if you ever mentioned it you'd get, at the least, called a loser faggot weirdo, and worst, you'd get your ass kicked. At least in the small town I grew up in it was like that anyway.

Y'know, until these same bullies came to my house and actually PLAYED the shit. Fucking hypocrit pieces of shit.
>>
File: rat-1.png (75KB, 304x360px) Image search: [Google]
rat-1.png
75KB, 304x360px
>>37287215
I agree with you that the aesthetic that video game culture has constructed around it is cringeworthy as hell.
That having been said, I'm not really embarrassed (in the right context) to say that I play video games because almost every male in my age group also plays at least some video games (even the normiest of normalfags still play shit like FIFA and 2K). And the cringey parts of video games can be avoided to an extent, depending on which games you play.
>>
Point is, anything is embarassing if it's associated with ugly people. In the 90s gaming was mostly associated with ugly people, whereas today it's not.
>>
>>37288155
>born in '90
>everybody in school played video games
not sure where this meme is coming from
>>
>>37290060
this

originaldesusenapikawaii
>>
you're kidding right everyone played videogames, so many laughs with friends around the n64. although I do agree playing video games is usually Very Bad, they take up so much time and time is the most valuable thing in the world.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.