[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any other Robots here pump gas for work? It's one of

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Do any other Robots here pump gas for work? It's one of the most Robot jobs I can think of. Don't have to interact much with people, lots of down time to browse 4chan

Any experiences or stories to share?
>>
>>37284267
Aren't you tempted to pour gas allover yourself and light it? It's too dangerous for a robot job. Also, what's it like to be living in the 50s when they still had full-service gas stations?
>>
>>37284267
Where do you live? I haven't seen an employee pump gas for a customer since I was a kid
>>
>>37284284
Some states wont allow preople to pump their own gas. Jersey's one of them.
>>
I used to work night shift at a truckstop.
>jerked off in the booth
>stole candy frequently
>fell asleep numerous times, one time slept through an entire shift
>pissed in the back when a washroom was available
>played games on my laptop almost all the time
and I was still revered as their best employee because the drivers loved me and my daily audits were perfect.
>>
>>37284267
They only hire women for that job around here. They make them dress up in tight thighs and showcase their asses all day long so horny men would keep their tanks full
>>
>>37284284
Oregon state you still legally have to have someone pump your had for you.
Apparently they can't trust normies with a pump
>>
>>37284301

I've been through New Jersey.

Given the average competence of the drivers there, I wouldn't trust them to pump their own gas either.
>>
>>37284305

Where might this paradise be located? Any pics?

>asking for a friend
>>
>>37284295
In Massachusetts every town is different regarding full or self serve. Some stations here have both options.
>>
>>37284301
Not to be rude, but are Americans less competent drivers?

In the U.K. everyone drives a manual stick shift instead of an automatic and everyone pumps their own petrol (pumps gas).

In the U.K. there are roundabouts and the speed limit is higher plus fewer straight roads and no cruise control.
>>
>>37284329
Honestly if my station wasn't full serve there'd be atleast 20 cars a day filing up with diesel and wrecking their engine and all sorts of other problems. Someone would smoke at the pump and cause a fire. This job totally changed my perspective on the general level of intelligence of people.
>>
>>37284418
>veryone drives a manual stick shift instead of an automatic
Safety regulations in the U.S are going to make stick shifts obsolete.
>>
Bump
Origininini
>>
>>37284544
I kind of get that. I worked at a walmart and I swear no matter what you do people are just retarded sometimes
>>
>>37284418
>Not to be rude, but are Americans less competent drivers?

Amerifat here, but I've worked in the UK before. I'd say we're about equal overall. Perhaps worse training but more experienced.

The US is sprawling in size, and public transportation is much, much more limited than in the UK outside of a select few urban areas.

Unless you live in a large city, knowing how to drive is essential in the US. Consequently, it's easier to get a license here, as well as cheaper to buy and insure a car. It's even easier now than it used to be, apparently, there's been some other changes in the past couple of decades that have contributed to decreasing the quality of driver's education courses, too.

We've also had low gasoline prices...extremely low compared to the UK. Guy I work with in 50s says gasoline is the only thing that costs the same now as it did as when he was in high school.

In the UK, petrol was expensive before the North Sea operations, especially immediately post-WWII. Between the cost of fuel and taxes on engine displacement, people avoided large engines and fuel-eating encumbrances like automatic transmissions.

In the US, cheap gasoline, large, powerful engines in large, heavy cars, and long distances for commuting meant we went for automatics, along with cruise control, power brakes, windows, etc., etc. Even our roads are more clearly marked and better designed...a good thing, but also indicative of a need to support a lower-common denominator of driver ability.

Some people still preferred manuals, but mostly for performance reasons...the teens/early 20s street racing crowd, for example. The vast majority went to automatics, and most drivers here can't operate a manual in 2017.

In general, though, I don't think the overall quality of US drivers is significantly worse. What we lack in training we make up in experience...if you're in the US, you can expect to do much, much more driving, and driving in all sorts of conditions.
>>
>>37284563
>>37284418

stick shifts are already obsolete

modern 7 or 8 speed double clutch autos are both faster and more fuel efficient
>>
>>37284721
Very informative post. Thanks mate.
Originali
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.