[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've played Dota 2 for 3000 hours yet I'm still awful

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: im bad.png (39KB, 276x194px) Image search: [Google]
im bad.png
39KB, 276x194px
I've played Dota 2 for 3000 hours yet I'm still awful at. Why can't I be good at the thing I waste my life on?
>>
as long as you enjoy it, it's fine

and if you don't, quit
>>
>>37269225
It's the only game I play and I've put in over $300 into it already so I can't bring myself to quit.
>>
I'm in the same boat but I'm 3.2k instead of 2.8k
>>
Either play carry exclusively and watch lots of pro streams/guides.
Alternatively play support/mixed roles and watch about 3x as much content. When supporting properly you need to be utterly selfless so it isn't much fun, but wards, detection etc. always comes in front of other items if you need them.
>>
Play jugger, split push and do Q+tp out every time someone comes. Alohadance got 9k mmr this way.
>>
>>37269208
the problem is you're not learning from your countless hours of playing, you're not actively theorizing, thinking of new techniques, new mindgames, new traps, and effectively aplly what you learned, constantly honing your skills and reinforcing muscle memory, actively thinking about the countless layers of counterplay, you're not predicting and reading your opponent based on psychological pattern recognition, you're not conditioning your opponent to play by your rules, you're falling prey to playing braindead, you can't channel your inner "zone", you're not aware of the current meta and what it demands from you.

you have to eat breath drink live dota, you have to have it on your mind at almost every waking moment, even when you're burned out and take a break you still have to THINK about dota.
>>
>>37269271
i put around 800 into it and dropped it a bit after TI6 because it wasnt fun anymore

worrying about how much you spent and not moving on is just silly

also i was about 4.3k when i stopped, for me it was so middling and i wasnt improving that it took away enjoyment as well
>>
>>37269208
Honestly Man it's not your fault. People are telling you that you should get better are idiots.
The mmr system of dota sucks, your mmr is setup on normal games which is bullshit if ure a beginner learning dota. Secondly, the mmr system is 1 lose = 1 win, all players, even the best, have an average winrate of 50%.

I'm 4k8 ( I know it ain't rlly good but it's still above the average pleb) and it's mostly because I had the Luck to start at 3k6mmr so I could learn from my teammates and opponents.

Just enjoy the game and don't mind, just have fun dota is a great game but their mmr system sucks.
>>
>>37270209
And, to indirectly respond about what others are telling you, I've literally never really watched pro games to improve but I did look at item guide.
Knowing how to build ur hero depending on the opponents and mates is the key 4 Victory.
>>
>>37270024
> competitive gaming
Lel. Can't take this shit seriously sorry.
>>
>>37270024
this + analyzing your replays when you are too tired to play.
>>37269788
Don't listen to this guy, pro players operate on entirely different level and if you mindlessly copy them you will fail.
>>
>>37270435
forgot to add that if you can find a team to play with you will gain skill much faster because you play at a faster pace against better teamwork and when you get used to it pub games feel like kinder garden.
>>
What'a going on with the dota threads on /r9k/ recently?
Discuss that shit somewhere else.
>>
>>37270719
>4 trap/homo threads up at all times
>1 thread devoted to video games
>STOP DISCUSSING VIDEO GAMES
Also /vg/ is cancer
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.