[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>just been to a introduction day for college in september

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1486995584197.jpg (36KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1486995584197.jpg
36KB, 482x427px
>just been to a introduction day for college in september
>people literally made friends in the 3 hours when we werent even supposed to be talking
>can already tell im gonna be the one who talks a bit at the start of year then goes silent when I realise nobody likes me
how the fuck do normies do this??? jesus fucking christ its not fair.
>>
thats what i thought before i started uni.

Now 8 months later i have made tons of friends
>>
>>37257835
Learn how to act. Observe other people, especially Chads.

I've become pretty good at acting like a Chad despite clearly not being one.
>>
>>37257835
you go to the bars
>>
the secret is autism
these people were raised in your environments while you were locked in your house by your solitary parents and unallowed to do anything
that's why you think, and why the real kinds of autists don't.
You're a half-baked nerd and a half-baked social animal.
>>
>>37257835
It's fine, been doing college classes without talking to anyone. It's nice to just go to class and leave.

This is gay but listening to music keeps me constant company in classes.

You'll make a friend one day in class, just don't worry about it and it'll happen naturally.
>>
Mate I've been here, there, and everywhere. Let me start from the beginning:

It started out with my freshman year orientation. I'm not joking when I say I met my first college hookup there (with whom I fucked that night too). My problem, was when we started banging, I started to get feelings; she didn't. You can see where that went.

Fast forward to two weeks into my freshman year. At that point, I decided to say fuck it, and just stop giving a shit. From there, I made a shit ton of friends. I got laid pretty much every weekend, and I was never really truly "alone".

And then came my Sophomore year.

It was through my debauchery and partying where I realized how fake everyone around me was. It was when I stopped giving a fuck about others, that suddenly, people started giving a fuck about me. It all felt so fake. I felt no sense of happiness in myself, and it made me feel almost dependent on the gratification from others to make me feel whole as an individual.

Then, the fakeness started to piss me off around my Junior Year. It was then I decided to cut off all ties with anyone I felt wasn't genuine to me. I unfortunately realized how many friends I lost. Especially when I stopped drinking and drugging and partying all the time and got my life together.

I'm in my Senior Year of college right now, and I've achieved so much on my own to be the person who I am today. What you begin to realize through your own personal growth, is the pursuit of making friends, in the grand scheme of things, is fake as shit and a waste of time. Focus on yourself; because everyone else is anyway. Only when you stop giving a fuck, and actually focus on your own personal growth (and when I say that, I mean creating yourself into the person you've always wanted to be), then will you create a connection of control for acquaintances (what they an provide in value in relation to your value), and your true friends.
>>
>>37257835
Just bang on people's doors on the first day and ask them if they want to go get lunch.
>>
College is nothing like high school, why are you acting like you blew your only chance to make friends?
>>
>>37258847
>using OPs problems to brag about getting laid in college
>>
>>37258919
That wasn't really my intention. Lol I guess I did get a little carried away with that part. I guess what I was trying to do with that was use it as an example as to how insignificant and fake all that shit really is at the end of the day.

Look, I don't want to derail the main point I was getting at from a "oo i got laid im bettr thn u hur dur" perspective, because that's just fucking stupid and not what I'm trying to get at. Ultimately, my message was supposed to be this:

OP, stop giving a shit, and as long as you can spot the fake ass fuck shit dick fuckers, and cut them out of your awesome life, then you'll be good.
>>
>>37257835
All the time I go to uni, I just listen to the professor, shitpost a little in 4chan, then after class is over I get back home. I almost never talk to anyone when I'm there and haven't made any friends
>>
>>37258847
my college experience hasn't been nearly as social and sex filled but this anon speaks the truth

the real goal is personal growth, don't force yourself to have friends just because you think you need them. live your life the way you will/work towards the things you want

and in the meanwhile you'll find people who can appreciate who you're becoming and form bonds with them. i would say don't get too attached cause these things can be so temporary

try to network a lot it's the one thing i wish i'd have done more of, using relationships as a means to an end
>>
>>37257835
Lol same thing happened to me. After those first few weeks at college if you haven't made any friends you WILL be lonely. I fucked up and spent 8 months of college eating alone at every meal and playing games in my dorm. Comfy but if my family knew how it went down they'd cry.
>>
>>37257835
Hey dumb fuck beta you're already damning yourself when things haven't even occurred yet
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.