[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else feel existential terror from looking at a M

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Mandel_zoom_00_mandelbrot_set.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Mandel_zoom_00_mandelbrot_set.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
Does anyone else feel existential terror from looking at a Mandelbrot fractal?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0jGaio87u3A
>>
>>37252727
I just feel an enormous sense of admiration for the bastard who dreamed this up. Pure mathematicians are truly Gods among men.
>>
I just looked it up and now my eyes hurt and im scared
>>
>>37252727
>whoa dude math is so whacky!
>>
There are some fractals called basilisk images and they are so visually complex they can actually cause your brain to crash from seeing them.

The formulas for them aren't known and there aren't many but some people speculate that within the Mandel set there are certain areas that may be basilisk in nature.
>>
>>37253221
that's just pure science fiction
>>
>>37253221
That's from a science-fiction story
>>
>>37253249
No it's real shit shut your mouth nigger
>>
I love it. It's true beauty. Reality is, math is the purest truth our universe can offer.
>>
>>37253220
hahaha you sure showed him
>>
>>37253260
Why are people so romantic about math? Anybody who's studied it knows math is really mostly just dicking around with autistic notions.
>>
>>37253299
Depends on the field anon. I'm just an engineer, so I don't know the intricacies, though I like to read papers in my spare time.
>>
File: thinking.png (6KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.png
6KB, 120x120px
>>37252727
That looks like the visual of a deep Salvia trip except that you not only see it you get to feel it and you forget everything about yourself and the existence you're a part of.

You're just being pulsated through god's asshole and experiencing the singularity of all living, crawling things on the planet, and then the living planet itself, and then the spinning solar system, and the galaxy, and the universe, and time and space, all inside of a single subatomic particle, and back out again and it just keeps going and going until finally you snap back to your fleshy self and you have drool all over your pants.

it really makes me think
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.