[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else here worries that their crippling mental illness will

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 15923204527_a3852cc3ac.jpg (100KB, 324x500px) Image search: [Google]
15923204527_a3852cc3ac.jpg
100KB, 324x500px
Who else here worries that their crippling mental illness will get in the way of accomplishing much of anything in life?

Who else here worry that maybe their mental illness isn't /that/ much of a hindrance and that they're just incompetent/pathetic...

Diagnosed loser nut jobs report in
>>
I'm shy and so emotionally unstable that if a stranger says something slightly mean to me IRL I'll just burst in tears.

I don't want to regulate my feelings properly because the knowledge that I could hurt myself or others makes me feel strong and safe for some fucked up reason.
>>
File: IMG_1376.jpg (104KB, 1086x724px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1376.jpg
104KB, 1086x724px
Just sort yourself out by listening to some jordan peterson
>>
I'm not sure if I'm mentally ill but I'm seriously scared about being a bum.

I'm so fucking lazy holy shit. And it's not like I have any friends that will save my ass from freezing on the streets
>>
>>37249734

Yeah, I used to work in customer service for a long, long time. Went back to school basically just as a way to get away from it, even though I'll probably wind right back up in a similar, shitty, under-paid customer service job if/when I graduate...

Right before I quit my last job one of my coworkers really pissed off a customer and pawned him off on me and he was fucking irrate over literally nothing and was just a dick and I couldn't handle it partially because it was the first or second father's day since my dad had been dead and I had the worst panic attack ever in the back afterwards. I had to go home

So I get you.

I feel the opposite though, about my emotional dysregulation (1 of 4 diagnoses btw, I'm cosmopolitan as f), because it makes me feel weak and vulnerable. I do like being able to feel things in a very full way. No small emotions for me, no sire, but fuck. The emotional rollercoaster is just insane sometimes and I never get to choose what I feel or when I feel. It's nothing nothing nothing EVERYTHING EVERYTHING EVERYTHING

>>37249791
lol

>>37249824
1) I've been a bum, it's not that bad. Depends on where you are though.
2) You've gotta work pretty hard to get in that position if there's nothing wrong with you. Like if you're just lazy eventually your survival instincts will kick in and you'll stop calling in sick for work because you'd rather have money for pizza later than no money and no pizza
>>
>>37250018
I'm not just lazy. I'm kind of unfit for routine. I can handle a few days or maybe weeks of doing the same every day but after a while I start breaking down and everything goes to shit.

Maybe I should go to the psychiatrist or something? I bet there's a pill for this kind of shit.
>>
>>37250118

yeah probably a good idea to go see a psychiatrist. Or even just a counselor or psychologist. Whatever you can afford, really. I have no money so I've always had to rely on free services. The first psychologist I saw I went to when I was 8 and it wasn't until I was like 22 that I finally got a proper diagnosis from a psychiatrist. Then I found out I couldn't afford the psychotherapy I needed last year l o l and also meds don't work for me and psychiatrist didn't recommend meds so I just self medicate with weed it curbs my panic attacks

BUT hey. Go talk to a professional. They can eventually help sort out what are just problems with motivation and what is a chemical imbalance/wiring issue. You never know, you could just have the type of personality that just doesn't function within the framework of a routine. That doesn't necessarily mean you're mentally ill, you just don't slide right into the construct of the day-to-day as well as other people
>>
>>37249466
The only real problem I have is that I have a severe aversion to doing any work at all. I could have so much more done but I will put off something that takes 5 minutes for months and months. I'm too lazy to be a functional human being and I will never be able to hold a job.
>>
File: 8H33TkWLoJ9D.jpg (32KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
8H33TkWLoJ9D.jpg
32KB, 320x320px
Diagnosed sperg and addfag here

>know I wont get anywhere in life because of my diagnosis
>thinking about this only makes it worse
>can never realte to people or make friends
>can't understand non verbal language which makes or 94% of human interaction
>everyday is a struggle and people around me only make it worse
>"just b urself" "just b social" "just stop being so awkward" "you're so weird, anon"
>if only they knew the torment
>>
>>37250224
Went to a psychologist for a while and it was a legit waste of time and money. Also went to a few psychiatrists but I didn't make much progress either. Hard to find a good professional.

I don't think I'm mentally ill desu, but I sometimes worry about it cause I think about suicide a lot and can't talk to other people.
>>
>>37249466
I know for a fact that my crippling physical illness is getting in the way of accomplishing anything in life, and is causing crippling mental illness.
>>
>>37250265
Is there nothing that you're really interested in? If there are things that you used to like doing or have interest in but nothing gives you joy or satisfaction anymore you're probably depressed. It might not be chronic, though

>>37250289
Sucks. I'm not like you. I've had friends and family members who were, though. Varying degrees of success in life. You probably just have to get lucky and meet the right people who can actually accept you

>>37250309
Yeah, well as you can probably see from my post, I've not had a lot of luck either. 14 years to get a diagnosis only to figure out I can't afford treatment. All I've got is the free counseling resources around that I will eventually exhaust. Thankfully I found a nice counselor to talk to through my school and can keep going to her until I leave in 6 or so months and start all over again

>>37250377
Balls. Yeah. I'm sorry. I have some congenital health problems that won't be very severe until later in life but I can't really relate. I'm just always in sub-par physical condition and can't like exercise the pain away because my heart can't handle it lol
>>
>>37249824
>I'm so fucking lazy holy shit.
I'm so fucking HIGH holy shit haha....
>>
>>37249466
light sperg here, after my last failed attempt at getting a girlfriend, I just pretty much realized that that wasn't meant for me.
>but just be yourself
if I was myself all the time, I would be either screeching at people or poking them and putting things on their heads because it's funny
>>
>>37250427
>I have some congenital health problems that won't be very severe until later
Make the most of it then. My life practically ended at 22, without a warning. I had to give up my hobbies, working out, going out, dating and my career ambitions. All I've got left is shitposting and anime.
>>
>>37250427
>Is there nothing that you're really interested in? If there are things that you used to like doing or have interest in but nothing gives you joy or satisfaction anymore you're probably depressed. It might not be chronic, though
I have plenty of interests and I enjoy a lot of things when I actually muster up the effort to do them. It's just that I usually cannot be fucked putting in the initial bit of effort to get there. It's even worse when I do not enjoy something. For example I was supposed to have obtained a driving license about 7 years ago, still haven't bothered to do it.
>>
Here is the thing, I am the guy who;
>Knew how to read before 1st grade.
>Never did any homework in his life and was still loved/liked by teachers and got away with alot of stuff
>Never studied for any exams, not even the really important ones.
>Was always bored in class.
Sounds like a nerd but I was also really good in sports, since my fratboy brother pushed me to do sports a lot too.
Throughout my life until like I was 22 never had a problem with daily stuff, could handle a lot of stress, worked and went to school in the same time. Also pretty much nothing bothered me, gf broke up? Doesn't matter, happens. Grandparents died? Doesn't matter happens. And I always concentrated on advancing in life, educating myself. Started with things I like of course.
Now I am 25 and life seems super pointless, everything feels washed out. Be it browsing 4chan/reddit/9gag/fb/tech forums/science forums/netflix/etc etc I never laugh or smile, my friend/family member gets a raise/sth he/she wanted to achieve doesn't really matter. I get a raise, meh. I am not unhappy but I am also not happy. Everything is meh. These days I am busy with learning Spanish and trying to understand more of quantum physics. But everything what societies stand for seems unnecessary for me, interactions with rather casual beings is a waste of time for me.
But I do find suicide/isis/gore videos funny though.
I might have missed the point I know
>>
>>37250309
Desu says enough, sorry man. I love you
>>
>>37249466
> There is nothing to accomplish
>>
>>37250702
>>37250589
Yep I second that
>>
>>37250589
surely most kids can read before 1st grade
>>
WHITE TO THE RIGHT AND QUEENS ON THEIR OWN COLOR. WHITE TO THE RIGHT AND QUEENS ON THEIR OWN COLOR. WHITE TO THE RIGHT AND QUEENS ON THEIR OWN COLOR. WHITE TO THE RIGHT AND QUEENS ON THEIR OWN COLOR. WHITE TO THE RIGHT AND QUEENS ON THEIR OWN COLOR.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.