[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to be a music producer >wasn't born in Miami

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 18

File: IMG_3930.jpg (51KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3930.jpg
51KB, 900x900px
>want to be a music producer
>wasn't born in Miami

Why is life such shit? It's literally all you get handed to. There's nothing in life except what you get handed to you.
>>
Hey, OP. You can get tools on your shitty laptop capable of making higher quality recordings than what could be done 25 years ago. There are many software options for producing your own music from scratch. You can learn by trial and error or go to nearly any community college. Musicians are a dime a dozen. Though it'd be preferable, they don't even have to live near each other. Outlets for new music continue to multiply. It has never been easier to produce music from anywhere in the country and put it out there. If this is your dream, get fucking started.
>>
>>37242698
I've been producing my whole life. If you don't live in a major city you can't do anything.
>>
I have this goal too, anon. Why is it that you want to be a producer?
>>
>>37242714
If you're doing it, you're doing it. Mission accomplished. Is it not fun anymore?
>>
>>37242789
No I want money. I'm so fucking sick of being poor and not able to solve my problems and I hate living in the middle of nowhere being unsuccessful.
>>
What the fuck does Miami have to do with producing music? Get the FUCK out of here.
>>
File: 1491238834803.jpg (26KB, 652x737px) Image search: [Google]
1491238834803.jpg
26KB, 652x737px
>>37242525
>wasn't born in Miami
Literally what the fuck OP.
>>
>>37242848
Well how many music producers do you meet in cowville Virginia
>>
>wants to produce music

>wont move to miami

whats stopping you?

save up your money, stop buying kfc and vidya and go to miami. start making connections with people right now via social media
>>
File: 1491259784273.jpg (15KB, 185x156px) Image search: [Google]
1491259784273.jpg
15KB, 185x156px
>>37242818
>he fell for the music meme
>thinks he can easily become Justin Bieber overnight and make that money
You are heading for a life of failure. Go to fucking college, kid. The chances of you becoming successful are equivalent to the chances of you finding a unicorn. It's amusing how faggots like you still exist in 2017.
>>37242899
Then MOVE there motherfucker. You don't have to be "born" there lmao. Miami is so fucking specific. There's LA and New York too. You're literally gay.
>>
>>37242942
Probably the fact that it's 1500 a month for a studio apartment in a Mexican neighborhood inland

And the town I come from has a median income of 14k and no jobs. Plus my parents would probably be unsupportive they don't understand the big city they're kinda turning redneck.
>>
>>37242973
Ok well you move to Miami la or NYC it's literally the most impossible thing in the world.

I don't want to be Justin Bieber I just want to be behind the scenes making money.
>>
>>37242991
so, start making miami friends via facebook, instagram, whatever and then couchsurf, find someone who will rent you a room. you dont need a studio apartment.
>>
>>37242818
Ah. Here's the thing about making money with your passion. Every job is a job. If someone loves to draw and can make wild things with pens and pencils, they might become a tattoo artist. Around the 18th time they tattoo an anchor on some chick that found it on pinterest (you know the one that says "refuse to sink" even though that's what a fucking anchor is for), they realize it's just a job.
If someone loves to write fiction and make stories pleasing and emotional to them, they might become a novelist. After pumping out their seventh 250 to 300 page paperback that follows the same trite formula with the same cliched characters because the publishers know that's what will sell, they realize it's just a job.
You dream of being a professional music producer. Maybe you've made things nobody has heard the likes of before. But after finishing a track so uncannily similar to everything on the current top 40 list with some pretty face that's sucking a studio exec's cock singing some soulless, banal schlock they didn't even write, you will realize it's just a fucking job. A boring, unchallenging, stressful, soul crushing job in an office building with middle managers and corporate policies and deadlines and bottom lines.

You could do the indie thing. I promise you'll never make more than $30K a year without some miracle, but it will keep your lights on, and you will have the creative control that all you artsy types need if you don't want to be dead inside in a few years.
>>
>>37242525
>>37242714
Stop being such a retard. Just stop. Go away. Jesus.
t. non-retard producer
>>
>>37243044
I've been taking to people online I only talk to chicks and only gay dudes will talk to a dude online and it wouldn't do shit even if I found and the only people I find are from other shit areas.

God is just cucking me out of the fame and wealth I deserve
>>
>>37243080
Yeah well if you're such a non retard why are you broke and you probably make shit anime music fuck off cunt
>>
File: 1490604542931.png (11KB, 211x246px) Image search: [Google]
1490604542931.png
11KB, 211x246px
>>37242991
Underage confirmed.
>>37243006
You are stupid, man. So fucking stupid. You can always move to a nearby city and commute. It's cheaper. You could easily do that if you go to COLLEGE and get JOB. The music industry is over saturated with people full of hope just like you. There's an actual 1% chance of you succeeding. Behind the scenes or not, it takes years to get there. Hell, most major artists don't get big until they are in their 30s. At least have a fucking back up plan. If you make this your sole purpose you are guaranteed to be a desperate homeless still handing out your mixtape with nothing to eat. You should kill yourself instead though.
>>
>>37243084
>God is just cucking me out of the fame and wealth I deserve

oh, that must be it.
>>
>>37243073
>you'll never make more than $30K a year without some miracle
kek this kid is going to be poor forever
>>
>>37243123
Living 45 minutes away and commuting to a poor area of town is not how you meet successful people

But you know I'm the retard. Not the delusional virgins angrily posting from behind a computer screen all day.

>go to college to produce music
>it's a career based on looks

Just move there when you're 30 and 500k in debt bro
>>
File: 1491371901102.jpg (14KB, 350x433px) Image search: [Google]
1491371901102.jpg
14KB, 350x433px
>>37243155
Major in something fucking useful for the future. Go to STEM, finance, anything besides something as pathetic as music. You will literally be forever useless except to your what, 10k fanbase? LOL
>Not the delusional virgins angrily posting from behind a computer screen all day.
And yet you're here with us, came to us to vent, and browse here regularly.
>>
File: thinking.png (6KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.png
6KB, 120x120px
>>37243073
>But after finishing a track so uncannily similar to everything on the current top 40 list with some pretty face that's sucking a studio exec's cock singing some soulless, banal schlock they didn't even write, you will realize it's just a fucking job.

Not OP but that is actually my dream.

I want to make dumb top 40 pop music for retards.

I'm going into this knowing full well that it's a business and most people who listen to music just want a simple song about having fun or going through a middle-school heartbreak.

I don't want to be a tortured starving artist who only writes songs for himself and about himself and then laments the fact that no one understands him.

The ideal way of doing things would be to make pop music or even just like corporate jingles for TV & radio, get your paycheck that way, and then on the side do your own creative accoustic black metal projects or whatever without worrying about how much money that'll bring in..
>>
>>37243236
No bruh I'm not reading books and doing nerd shit and sitting at a desk forever. I'll just blast my shit out.
>>
File: 1491542394009.jpg (27KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1491542394009.jpg
27KB, 480x480px
>>37243275
>mfw making $100k fresh out of college
then enjoy being poor and disappointed "bruh"

you will certainly give up in a few years and take some sad wagecuck job on minimum wage
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>37243236
>STEM

>not even more saturated than Music
>>
>>37243362
Not even close. A lot of people can't handle it and drop out. The difference is they're getting paid at least $40 an hour while you're making $0
>>
>>37243356
That's you I can't do that. I couldn't go to college and make money. Also 100k jobs don't exist in my town. You have leave this place to make anything.
>>
You have a terrible attitude OP. But if you are serious about it go for it.
All you fuckheads telling him to go to College and do something safe are silly.
We might only be alive on this earth for 70 years just do what you fucking want to do with your life
>>
>>37243265
Oh. Well, go for it dude! If you've got your eyes open, get your foot in the door, learn exactly what the market wants, and get your money.

Got a cousin who went to college for production. He said day one, his professor went around the room.
"What music do you want to make?"
>"Well, my REAL passion is speed metal."
"Nobody cares. You, what do you want to do?"
>"I'm really into '80s soft rock, and I want to bring back the feel of acts like-"
"Nobody cares. How about you?"
>"...I, uh-"
"Nobody cares. You know what you'll make? What you're told to make."

It seems like a lesson that should be driven home in a lot of industries.
>>
File: bee yourself.png (39KB, 914x1091px) Image search: [Google]
bee yourself.png
39KB, 914x1091px
The reason why so many people don't make it in the music industry, whether they're producers or artists or self-producing artists, is twofold.

For starters, they're still stuck with the one music genre that they started listening to when they were 16. People who want to ONLY make punk rock or ONLY make electronic music or ONLY make trap and hip-hop or ONLY want to make indie emo or whatever else are a dime a dozen. They've painted themselves into a corner and they can't get out. They're limiting themselves for no good reason. Music is for everyone.

More unfortunately, they always tell themselves "I want to be the next Kanye West" or "I want to be the next Thom Yorke" or "I want to be the next Trent Reznor" or "I want to be the next Skrillex".

Those artists and producers already all exist and they're as good as they're gonna get. You trying to be the next them is only going to end up in a worse version of them. Be the next you.
>>
File: 1488198044996.jpg (125KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1488198044996.jpg
125KB, 600x600px
>>37243444
im silly but have more money than both of you combined

suck my rich dick you plebs
>>
>Want to produce cool electronic music like Aphex Twin, BoC, and Autechre but Im a fucking retard who has no idea even where to begin.
>>
>>37243492
But most people who make trap beats also make hip hop and more ambient sounding stuff and some r and b like metro boomin and 808 mafia

I want to make trap beats but I also want to make festival trap and pop shit
>>
File: phaser.jpg (38KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
phaser.jpg
38KB, 500x374px
>want to make krautrock and berlin school
>wasn't born in Berlin
mein leben
>>
>>37243236
>education is a means to an end
t. philistine
>>
>>37242525
Instead of being a whiny faggot about not living near the music industry why don't you post some of your shit online and see if its good. You can still network and collaborate with people online fag. If you are really smart you would send your work to record labels. They are always looking for new talent so if they like your shit they will literally pay you to come down and work for them. If you are a genius tho you can do it from your own city by working will local talent or even some fag online and hopefully they will blow up and then you are in. It's hard but if you aren't willingly to do what it takes stfu you dumb fag.
>>
File: IMG_0162.jpg (25KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0162.jpg
25KB, 200x200px
What if a qt trap made a trap beat
>>
>>37243481
haha that professor is cool as hell

That's why Rick Rubin is where he is today. He produced for everyone from AC/DC to Adele to Danzing to Johnny Cash to Kanye West to Tom Petty to Slayer to ZZ top. Just about every major genre of music, he's been a part of.

He also knew to strike when the iron was hot. He was producing hip-hop when it was first hitting the mainstrean in the early 80s, then thrash metal in the later 80s, then alternative rock in the mid 90s and nu-metal in the late 90s & early 2000s, then back to hip-hop, etc.

He also introduced Nine Inch Nails to Johnny Cash.

Dude would have never made it if he just stuck to the first punk band he formed in 1981.
>>
>>37243526
Sure, but it's real easy to just move over one branch or two in the musical family tree, so to speak.

It's like someone who produces black metal but says "oh no I'm all over the place, I also produce death metal and thrash metal and doom metal and grindcore and metalcore".

There's nothing wrong with having your roots and honing your craft in one genre, but ideally you want to keep as many doors open as possible and be able to jump from Reggaeton to Country to Black Metal to Trap to Tropical House to Tuvan Throat Singing to J-pop to K-pop to American Pop without much effort.
>>
>>37243733
It's so hard just to produce trap though it's been years and I suck wnd I study non stop I don't think I can master every genre.

Mixing mastering and engineering is a different story though I have a pretty good ear for it
>>
File: C065HutUcAARWIu.jpg (173KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C065HutUcAARWIu.jpg
173KB, 1200x1200px
>>37242714
>if you dont live in a big city you cant do anyth-
>>
>>37243733
>It's like someone who produces black metal but says "oh no I'm all over the place, I also produce death metal and thrash metal and doom metal and grindcore and metalcore".
But don't knock that guy though! Even though he lives in a shitty duplex in Akron, Ohio, and the only artists he works with are his old high school bros, and his income from music is only slightly higher than his part time job at the local comic book store, he's still happy doing what he does.
>>
File: 1478374420967s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1478374420967s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>37242525
Dre wasn't born in Miami and he's one of the best music producers ever, fatboi
>>
>>37242818
>he thinks he can make money producing music in a post-Skrillex, post-soundcloud world

you better be under 20 or you're retarded
>>
>>37243893
Ummm he's pretty much in Miami

>>37243985
I'm sure he was in a big city
>>
>>37242525
Have you thought about the fact that maybe its your uninspired and most likely poorly mixed music that's holding you back and not your city?
>>
>>37244142
It's partly both but I can't even make an inch of progress. And it's not a city i live in a town that's all cows with 0 stores and I can't even buy food here.

There's literally nothing.
>>
>>37244117
The City of Compton was like 90,000 people back then, but it's pretty much just another neighborhood in the wall to wall mega city that is LA county.
>>
>>37244216
Yeah because Compton can be compared to where I live fucking rrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I'm 6 hours from the closest city that actually has opportunity
>>
>>37242525
i wish i could be a good producer and live by that too, but i'm too stupid to believe in myself and i i'm too dumb and worthless :).
>>
>>37243916
Oh no I'm not knocking him or anybody who sticks to their guns, everyone has their own balance of freedom vs paycheck that makes them happy.
>>
File: 979.jpg (15KB, 532x320px) Image search: [Google]
979.jpg
15KB, 532x320px
>>37244209
>And it's not a city i live in a town that's all cows with 0 stores and I can't even buy food here

Have you thought about producing country and bluegrass and whatever else is popular around your town or county? Work with what you have and use it as a stepping stone
>>
>>37243265
>>37243362
>>37245287
I've seen you in a couple other threads continuously use that smug reaction image. It is /b/-tier.
>>
>>37245452
watch as he does it again in response because it's just so hilarious
>>
>want to be a music producer
>am absolutely shit at it even years after beginning and am finally starting to realize I have no fucking business doing this shit
>having nothing else to fall back on and nothing else that makes me even remotely happy
>am resigned to the fact that I'll kill myself within the next 20 years to finally end my worthless existence after all my free money's gone

feelsbadman
>>
>>37244231
so go to that city then, faggot. introduce yourself at clubs and get your music played. live in a fucking run-down industrial building like Moby if you have to.

The only thing REALLY stopping you from living as a producer is your lack of any good music. At least realize that before bitching.
>>
>>37245559
Just move somewhere where rent is 2000 a month bro

That's all you gotta do
>>
>>37245580
did you not fucking read my post, dumbass? "live in a fucking run-down industrial building like Moby if you have to." The guy literally climbed into a run-down, roach-infested building with minimal running power for his DJ equipment and slept there in between gigs.

If you have the music, everything else is irrelevant. If not, then at least have the intelligence to realize that's what your problem is and not anything else.
>>
>>37245668
That IS what I'm talking about for 2000 a month lol have you been to la
>>
>>37245700
You're not listening to shit I'm saying. You're just an entitled little faggot with no self-awareness. Get your music better if you have the ability and quit bitching about anything else until you do.
>>
>>37245782
You're just jealous cause I'd be famous if god didn't hate me
>>
>>37242525
>Tfw when I produce music AND live in Miami but I'm unlikable and my music is amateurish
Oh well
>>
File: 942.jpg (97KB, 517x385px) Image search: [Google]
942.jpg
97KB, 517x385px
>>37242818
>No i want money.
>wasn't born in miami
You better be fucking 17 or your such a fucking retard. If you actually were talented it wouldn't matter where you live people would be flocking to your music. But of course you had to fall for the
>EDM meme
which is the most souless and repugnant music genre out there.
You're not going to make a living becoming a music producer.
QUIT WHILE YOU'RE AHEAD.
>>
File: IMG_0352.png (6KB, 168x168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0352.png
6KB, 168x168px
Tfw live in old creepy cabin in the Mississippi delta and produce all styles and play all instruments faster than a racehorse at the Kentucky derby on crack
>>
>>37245452
This. This motherfucker makes me absolutely furious with his stupid image. He's in every fucking thread I'm in too. I want to choke him.
>>
>>37243006
I work as a music producer. I make songs for other people. I get paid around 500 dollars per song. A few songs a month, I can pay rent and it's all good.

Just make music for other people behind the scenes man. Contact labels and shit, that's how I got in.

Although it's a bit unfair since I was born with a few contacts from my dad, but oh well. You can at least try.
>>
>>37247479

What is your studio like?
>>
File: 1493153299773.jpg (15KB, 298x298px) Image search: [Google]
1493153299773.jpg
15KB, 298x298px
>>37245452
>>37245511
>>37246920

I'm just a big thinker, and I'm not the only thinkposter

it really makes me think
>>
>>37247479
>I get paid around 500 dollars per song
Well damn
That's some good change anon
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.