[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's 2017. If you were growing up in the 90s and 80s or

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1483763670128.jpg (286KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483763670128.jpg
286KB, 1920x1080px
It's 2017. If you were growing up in the 90s and 80s or earlier this time held such promise as to what the "future" would be.

How did it live up to your expectations? How do you feel about the future?
>>
good thread, bumping this
>>
>>37239874
>no flying cars
>no bizarre skyscrapers
>no bizarre bridges/highways
>no moving walkways
>no holographic displays
I am disappoint.
>>
>Michael J Fox leading the technological revolution
>instead he has Parkinsons and did a shitty show a few years back

As a kid I genuinely thought Michael J Fox would be the face of technology in the future.
>>
>small end pcs fit in your pocket
>this is destroying us
I shouldn't be surprised that we fucked it up but I am and will continue to be.
>>
38 yr old here
When I was a kid at school I found a really old book about science that was written at the pinnacle of the post war atomic/space hype train in the 60s or so

It had all these lists of problems nuclear science was going to solve, like increase crop density by 10x

It had annotated diagrams of what underground moon bases would look like in the year 2000, floating pontoon cities, flying cars etc

Of course, none of that happened and instead I got a "smart phone"
>>
>>37240155
reminds me of the Alpha Centauri books, i saw those too.

basically, people thought we'd be colonizing space back then by the time we hit 2020. back then i don't think we realized that this economy is a short-term, unsustainable bubble.
they also thought all our resources would be allocated perfectly. instead, they just lined their own pockets and shoved the rest into the military defense budget and now we're here.
>>
Smartphones were not a mistake. Social media is the cancer that will kill us all though
>>
>>37239874
>Born in 86
>Thought I'd get a job at McDonald's because I liked their ice cream when I was 10
>Thought I'd have my own place by now
LoL
>>
File: C_oSDwbUAAAvNag.jpg (94KB, 960x752px) Image search: [Google]
C_oSDwbUAAAvNag.jpg
94KB, 960x752px
>>37239874
American here - I gotta tell you all , I have no fucking idea what happened all of the sudden here ... the 80's - we had everything , the 90's things were looking GREAT between people and the racial tension was starting to kinda fade, and country music was dying out - 2016 AND ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE SUDDENLY ITS THE FUCKING 1950'S AGAIN WHAT - THE - FUCK - MAN.
>>
>>37240955
The far leftists started pushing identity politics to an insane degree and creating drama out of virtually nothing, and that finally enabled the few racists left to produce a little bit of real racism in reaction. The far left got their wish, I guess.
For the record I still don't think, racially, things are as bad as they say. I think the alt-right is largely exaggerated, most of it being edgelord teens and maybe even some far leftists. I don't even think trump is racist, honestly. I think he spoke poorly with the mexican quote, but I get what he was trying to say. I don't agree with his position on immigration or other thigs so I didn't vote for him but for what it's worth I don't think he or 99% of his supporters are the racist boogeyman some on my side of the aisle tried to paint them as.
But you go out in the real world and just observe people, and you'll realize that, despite what the stormfags on /pol/ and the far left twitter people say, there really isn't a race war a brewing, and that the few incidents of racism are just being pushed to the front. The whole racial conflict mostly exists on a bubble online for a small minority of the population of far right and far leftists.
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 260x194px
>>37241231
>The whole racial conflict mostly exists on a bubble online for a small minority of the population of far right and far leftists.
>>
>>37241283
Nice stale meme there, normie
>>
>>37239874
We are living in a cyberpunk dystopia.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.