[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to metal music? I've noticed that very FEW

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

File: 2467ysyhsrdt345345.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2467ysyhsrdt345345.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
What happened to metal music?

I've noticed that very FEW kiddos these days, ages ranging from 14-22, no longer like metal music? What happened? I remember when metal was HUGE on MySpace. The fuck happened? Metal, even the most meme metal bands, gives you a taste of testosterone. Suddenly, everyone is a faggot and getting blown up at Ariana Grande concerts.

What happened???
>>
XXXTentacion makes screamo stuff that's sorta metal sometimes. he made headlines recently and is goofed for being short
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV0wTtiJygY

origianl video
>>
File: 1494205886218.jpg (73KB, 850x871px) Image search: [Google]
1494205886218.jpg
73KB, 850x871px
>>37237963
Music taste is different every generation.
Metal still seems popular enough though.
>>
>>37237963
Metal isnt timeless its pure counter culture drivel.
>>
Metal wasn't huge on MySpace.

A lot of that was metalcore, which people who actually liked metal, mocked the shit out of.

Metalcore collapsed on itself. Deathcore was the best thing to come from it.

Nu-metal was the big contributer as well, for the generation before MySpace; korn, mudvayne, deftones, system of a down, disturbed.

Anyway it's still here. Lamb of god are still fucking brutal, slayer still sucks, trivium is still releasing albums ahead of their time.
>>
>>37237963
The Straight Outta Compton made rap mainstream again. But because all modern music is garbage(from any genre) it devolved into shit. Only occasionally an artist will put out a good song and everyone acts like they're the second coming because they've forgotten what good sounds like
>>
File: 76347sgs534.jpg (24KB, 570x574px) Image search: [Google]
76347sgs534.jpg
24KB, 570x574px
>>37238023
Ugh there you go. Going on stupid rambles about retarded ass sub genres. Goy, what's your point? They all sound the same. Why pretend?

bretty funny that you mentioned Lamb of God, a meme band.
>>
>>37238023
>Lamb of god
>brutal
Pick one
>>
>>37238052
Lamb of God is the most brutal band EVER, you christian piece of shit
>>
>>37238037
>Striaght Outta Compton
The movie? Isn't that shit dated by now? The fuck you talking about? Don't compare fucking easy E to bullshit meme raps about fucking whores, getting high, etc. Disgusting. Lil Wayne / Drake tier.

So ... music you hear on the radio? music you see (((trending))) aka jew promoted on JewTube?
>>
>>37238070
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqdZpxkzNvc
THIS IS SO HARDKORE XDDDDDDDDDDDD :^)
>>
>>37238090
Lul I've never seen that film clip, Dillon Francis does the same kinda thing in one of his recent tracks.

>>37238040
Nigger you get to choose one. Either it's all the same shit, which means it's always been here and nothing's changed since ever and it'll always be here, or it's splintering further.

It's easy to say x is not heavy, but it actually requires you to post up something you DO think is for your opinion to carry any weight.

>>37238052
You too fuckface. If you say any black metal klvt permafrost shit I'm going to laugh you off this board. Black metal has more posers than the core scene ever did.
>>
>>37238314
It's like it's 2008 and I want to argue with a faggot that thinks his subgenre is special and unique. Heh.
>>
>>37238037
What are you fucking talking about, white person
>>
Metal sucks and if you think it's good you're probably a faggot
>>
>>37238376
Easiest way to see the state of metal is to go onto the ultimate guitar forums

Shits the same as it was 10 years ago; hurrr how do I play this song from 1986 that has 1200028384 different tabs already written out durrrrr

Hurrrr how to make squealies?????

XYZ bands first album was best
>>
>>37238428

???

I play a Cello, not a memeitar.
>>
>>37237963
Hardcore and its variants in the 2000s captured the normie market, who then left and went on to fuel the dubstep trend. Record companies are trying to recapture it.
Innovation is frowned upon in mainstream metal. Also Dream Theater keeps coming out with albums, which is a considerable stain on the genre.
>>
>>37237963
people usually grow out of metal when they start hitting puberty
>>
>>37238023
>Lamb of god are still fucking brutal, slayer still sucks, trivium is still releasing albums ahead of their time.
This guy gets it. They're the only true princes of a metal legacy of a time when bands like Motorhead would write the same song hundreds of times.
>>
>>37238376
Wrong. Theres some sub genres of metal that dominate even the best classical piano. I said base metal was shit but finely tuned music is art. I wont tell you as you will same fag me but ive been on it since the 00s

Also i guarantee this genre of metal out beats out the mainstream crap rock they play on the radio some people might call timeless but its really just ironic.

Enjoy your hip hop fgt
>>
>>37238742
Nothing beats: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGQLXRTl3Z0
kys
>>
File: IMG_5419.jpg (32KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5419.jpg
32KB, 236x236px
>>37238477
Petrucci is better than you and your entire bloodline. Take that back, faggot.
>>
>>37238772
Not bad as metal is based on that but i admit i fell asleep as that bearded asshole drained my energy. Whats next you going to bring an orchestra to a band fight? haha
>>
>>37238037
Gangsta rap hasnt been in vogue for a while now. GUnit killed that movement by over saturating it.

The current rap game isn't comparable to anything that's come before; trapping is the shit in session now, hardcore east coast beats are coming back too, Run The Jewels being at the forefront of that push.

Kendrick and Kanye are pushing and switching styles like they are changing pants; the genre is exploring new and revisiting some older beats thanks to these two. Good kid maad city is basically a love letter to the west coast whistle

Eminem still owns the fight lyrics, except he seems to be more like a scarecrow in his field; a relic of the past that's still effective and top of the heap.

I don't know what the fuck you're thinking that that film had any effect on the music scene, other than you've seen too many "STRAIGHT OUTTA X" memes on Facebook
>>
>>37237963
Metal culture has been overrun by chads and weebs, there's just no point
>>
Depends

I'm listening to metal since I was 12 and got all my current friends through metal concerts, meetings and stuff

But it's shrinking rapidly with no end in sight
>>
The metal scene is still going on strong, the problem here is that you go to places where you see the bands. The Haunted, Animals as Leaders, Alluvial, Conquering Dystopia, Veil of Maya, Meshuggah, After the Burial and other bands are on the modern scene, go to places on youtube or IRL where you can enjoy metal music
>>
all of the edgy tweens that listened to metal grew up or didn't have kids to pass it on to because they didnt grow out of it
>>
>people grow out of metal and graduate into rap because they love niggers

wow you guys make a great case.
>>
I guess getting blown up on a metal concert would be considered part of the show, instead of a terrorist attack.
>>
>>37237963
Nu-metal is for edgy fags. Classic 80s metal is for men.
>>
All forms of guitar music aren't cool to teens anymore. Rap is all the kids want to listen to these days. Gonna sound like a /pol/tard here, but I think the whole #BlackLivesMatter movement makes kids only want to listen to black music.
>>
>>37239869
>I think the whole #BlackLivesMatter movement makes kids only want to listen to black music.
wiggers have been around forever anon. i think the real reason is that rap is been...babyfied for lack of a better word. it's not as hard as it used to be. now it's silly, good vibes shit
>>
>>37240256

yeah, rap is just the go-to party music these days. It's funny seeing white blonde-and-blue-eyed girls blast the most ghetto rap songs these days
>>
>>37239869
>tfw rock and roll was "black people music".
>tfw blues was "black people music".
>tfw Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash literally covered songs by black musicians and made it all seem so white.

I'm a (white/caucasian) European so I really don't care for pushing agendas here, but the history of "American Music" is an eyesore, it's a decades long ripping off shitfest because white Americans reasons.
>>
File: 1495430194895.jpg (62KB, 635x635px) Image search: [Google]
1495430194895.jpg
62KB, 635x635px
>>37237963
Get yourself some Tyr, Ensiferum, Amon Amarth, Black Dahlia Murder, Korpiklaani and maybe a pinch of Kalmah, that's what I call fucking good metal.
>>
>>37238023
>lamb of god is brutal
>slayer sucks

I didn't know it was possible to have taste this shitty.
>>
>>37241328
This anon gets it. Black Dahlia is god tier.
>>
Idk I enjoy foreign metal because i find the lyrics on most songs cringy as fuck
>>
>>37241617
What a horrible night to have a curse and moonlight equilibrium are some of their best work.
>>
>>37239544
>>37239750

This is why i hate imageboards sometimes
>>
And its a good thing.

The underground scene is going pretty well right now. Stay away from the new wave Thrash Metal and Heavy Metal clones who all sound the same. Also the Black Metal mixed with Post-Rock is the worst pseudo-intellectual boring garbage out there.
>>
>>37241731
Agreed. Also to a breathless oblivion and blood on the ink.
>>
because raggacore is better fuckhead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YITP0roprFM
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7KB, 299x168px
>>37237963
It's still around. Nothing noteworthy, of course, but Avenged Sevenfold's new album is bretty good.
>>
>>37241767
Because why exactly?
Explain pls
>>
File: 1493076720392.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493076720392.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
Opeth, Gojira, Meshuggah, Mastodon make good accessible music farmalarm.
>>
What about
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BmerZbDPXns
But its power metal i think
>>
File: 1495522899314.jpg (67KB, 640x637px) Image search: [Google]
1495522899314.jpg
67KB, 640x637px
>>37238023
>system of a down
>nu-metal
>>
>>37238023
>trivium is still releasing albums ahead of their time
get a load of this goy
>>
metal is cheesy as fuck and you should stop listening to that crap by the age of 13
>>
anyone else here quit listening to music? i havent listened to it for a couple of years. if theres music in movies or tvshows i usually turn it down or skip the scene
>>
>>37242527
Don't tell me what to like you nigger.
>>
>>37242550
>going out of your way to avoid listening to music
pretty fucking autistic even for this place
>>
>>37242550
Sounds like music itself makes you somehow angry

Why?
>>
>>37242688
If you are op you are legit autistic
>>
>>37242527
Metal only gets a bad rap from idiots like you who don't realise that every band is like 90% ironic.
>>
>>37242250

Completely contradictory information. In one post a fag says metal is still going strong and in the other the fags says metal is dying.
>>
>>37237963

Give me a statistic first brother. I've met at least one guy in uni who's into Manowar. I don't think we're dying out
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.