[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>biking home from work >half way there, spotted a bunny

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: 20170523_224919.jpg (2MB, 2120x1590px) Image search: [Google]
20170523_224919.jpg
2MB, 2120x1590px
>biking home from work
>half way there, spotted a bunny on the curb
>wanted to take a good glimpse at it
>notice it's not moving
>his foot is injured
>animal control is closed in my area
>Made this thread

What should I do?
>>
Kill it out of mercy to end it's suffering
>>
Take him home. Nurture him to health. Rabbit food is cheap.
>>
>>37231665
Its going to die, put it out of its misery
>>
>>37231665
Something will come along and eat it sooner or later.
You don't need to interfere.
>>
>>37231691
>>37231722
This.
The ultimate cure-all is death.
>>
Don't kill it, it may still have a chance. If there's a way you can move him off the road without risking being bit, give that a shot.
>>
you'll probably give it a heart attack if you try to pick it up, no joke raddits are so high strung they can just get scared enough and have a heart attack
>>
>>37231691
Edgy
>>37231699
I want to, but I dunno if he has rabbies and I don't know how to carry it
>>
>>37231665
Take it home, try to make a little nest for it and maybe a splint idk google how to treat a leg injury for animals then tomorrow morning call a wildlife rehab center to pick it up
>>
>>37231769
I'm on my bike though. How the hell could I carry him safely? He must be scared too
>>
>rpg alignment test thread
Google how to treat it, and take it home.
>>
>>37231798
Does your bike have a basket? Are you far from home, or do you think you could carry him while you walk alongside your bike?
>>
If you touch that rabbit, it's probably going to attack.
>>
>>37231665
sing for him the song of your people
>>
>>37231665
Do you have a bag you could pick it up with? A jacket?
>>
>>37231819
>do you think you could carry him while you walk alongside your bike?

The block is pretty sketchy

Update: he's trying to hide behind a car because he's scared of the high beams passing by
>>
>>37231874
I have a backpack, but I'll probably do it more harm than good
>>
>driving home late one night
>On dinky little side road
>Not very well lit
>See something up ahead in the road
>Get closer, headlights illuminate it
>It's a rabbit, in a pool of blood, twitching like mad
>Go around it because it scares me
>Keep wondering if I should have run it over and put it out of its misery
That really fucked me up. I haven't told anyone about it.
>>
>>37231753
if it's wild you might have difficulty.

If it's a stray domestic feed it grass and lettuce/other vegies.
>>
>>37231899
Then leave it alone you indecisive bastard.
>>
funny thread
saw it on /b/ earlier
inb4 200 posts ommited
>>
>>37231753
it's not edgy you have just been alienated from natural reality by modern life.
>>
>>37231899
The backpack could actually help, if you be gentle. It's better than leaving it man. :(
>>
>>37231882
https://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wildlife/injured/rabbits/

http://rabbit.org/helping-an-injured-rabbit/

http://www.wildthingssanctuary.org/what-to-do-if-you-find-an-injured-animal.html

Make sure to call a wildlife rehabilitation center or vet.
>>
File: 20170523_230220.jpg (2MB, 2120x1590px) Image search: [Google]
20170523_230220.jpg
2MB, 2120x1590px
>>37231917
It's a forest bunny I dunno. I can't tell the difference

>>37231935
But it's cute though...
>>
>>37232002
Oh wow will you run it over now OP?
>>
>>37232038
Not my car.

Jklgdsd original
>>
Get a box. Pick up rabbit put in box.
Google the name of your town or city or county with the words wildlife rescue. You may have a wildlife center near by you can take the animal to. If not there's nothing you can do.
>>
Wow.

So they told me if the wildlife was open, they had to "euthanize" it.

Yeah, maybe I'll just let nature run its course
>>
File: conair-1.jpg (54KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
conair-1.jpg
54KB, 1200x800px
>>37232145
>Pick up rabbit put in box

good man
>>
>>37232178
Or.
You become the nature.
>>
Once my cat mortally injured a bird it caught. I didn't want the poor thing to suffer so I put it down on the floor on top of a paper towel and put another paper towel over it, then smashed the fuck out of its head as fast as I could with a hammer until it stopped moving. It only took about 2 whacks for it to stop moving but I gave it like 10 more just to be sure. Then I buried it in the front yard.

Never killed an animal before or since. I think I did the right thing.
>>
>>37231753
Just wrap it up in a blanket from the neck down and please live the injured leg out obviously. Give him some grass and water in the car seat.

A towel works too a shirt anything
>>
>>37231899
No just wrap the animal up so it can't move its legs don't leave it and if you do that it can't sustain injury if you practice common sense. Leave the broken leg alone but wrap up the others or the unbroken pair
>>
>>37231665
Do it a favor a kill it, its like when horses brake a leg their completely use less.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.