[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anybody here ever attempted suicide? What made it fail, and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: tumblr_oglgdl5SKB1ra3rr3o1_500.png (378KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oglgdl5SKB1ra3rr3o1_500.png
378KB, 500x501px
Has anybody here ever attempted suicide? What made it fail, and what was the aftermath like?
>>
Suicide attempts don't exist. They're cries for attention.
It isn't hard to die, if you really mean it.
>>
I was dead for a while. I posted the story before.
>>
>>37220416
how 2 make sure you die
>>
>>37221017
Lay your head on a train track.
>>
>>37221036
ok thanks

originalego
>>
>>37221082
You're welcome.
roge
>>
>>37220471
got a link? ornegoa[gs
>>
I tried to shoot my heart once, told the story yesterday either here or b I forget
>>
I took a whole bottle of Tylenol and ended up with severe liver damage and that's about it. My life is constant pain now
>>
>>37220416
They're not cries for attention. They're outlets for their anxiety. Normies don't really understand death or suicide so they need to sate their animalistic despair in their kinda-shitty situation by failing to kill themselves and being dramatic about it. Attention just comes naturally.
>>
File: 1495559346191.jpg (20KB, 388x388px) Image search: [Google]
1495559346191.jpg
20KB, 388x388px
>>37220381
I drank a cup of that toilet cleaner stuff. Had awful stomach pains for a week. This was about 3yrs ago. Haven't told a single person yet.
>>
I considered suicide for a week after my gf left me.

didn't have easy access to it though, would've either had to jump off a bridge or slash my wrists. messy ways to go.

if I had a gun I probably would've done it. too bad I'm not american.
>>
File: 1395514775332.png (596KB, 1131x1154px) Image search: [Google]
1395514775332.png
596KB, 1131x1154px
>>37221467
>>37221533
>>37221743
>attempting suicide these ways
I SERIOUSLY hope you guys don't do this
>>
File: 1493261542233.png (357KB, 433x429px) Image search: [Google]
1493261542233.png
357KB, 433x429px
I had a panic attack in-between classes on the university campus due to doubts about my major, future career prospects, and ability to overcome the clinical depression that I had been struggling with for ~15 years.

I found a building that had a staircase that led to the roof. The idea was to jump off the roof, but unfortunately the door to roof access was locked.

So instead I took out a multitool that I kept in my bookbag and spent several minutes slashing my wrists (I went "down the road") and throat (trying to get the jugular). I was basically lying in a pool of my own blood for a while, hoping that I would lose consciousness and die.

But I guess the little knife attachment wasn't enough to get to any of the major arteries, because after an hour of lying on my back at the top of the stairwell, I felt fine. Panic attack seemed to be over.

I managed to dial 911 on my cell phone. The paramedics found me and took me to the hospital where I received surgery on my arms and neck. I spent a couple weeks in the hospital's mental health ward and then was released. I subsequently withdrew from classes and have spent the last year or so as a NEET wondering what I'm going to do with my life.

Obviously it was a poor attempt, but then again I was in the midst of a panic attack and wasn't thinking perfectly straight.

I plan on attempting it again at some point. Probably with burning charcoal in an enclosed area.
>>
>>37220381
Drank a packet of sleeping pills and just felt woozy the next day. That's about it.
>>
>>37222460
Shooting the heart isn't a terrible idea, but you should probably not drink a liter of vodka and use a .380 fmj round
>>
>>37221117
I pastebinned it. Sorry m8 got busy and forgot to check the thread. https://pastebin.com/mncaYepR
>>
File: 5911d53c44cf6_mz8jpi77a3ly__605.jpg (181KB, 605x807px) Image search: [Google]
5911d53c44cf6_mz8jpi77a3ly__605.jpg
181KB, 605x807px
>>37222560

that's how I envisioned how my suicide would go, weird. either calling the ambulance myself or being found by someone else.

there aren't many reclusive places here. most are full of homeless people. so I assumed someone would just find my pathetic half-dead body and call the ambulance. I never had the guts to do it though. I'm the dumped guy btw >>37221799

killing yourself over a girl is stupid, but suicide in general is stupid.

obviously you have more serious issues than me (fucking clinical depression for 15 years), but I'm gonna tell you this - don't kill yourself just yet. you're gonna die eventually so why die now.
>>
File: 1493534549992.jpg (163KB, 980x735px) Image search: [Google]
1493534549992.jpg
163KB, 980x735px
>>37223294
Because for a person with Major Depressive Disorder, existence itself is painful, regardless of their environmental and physical health conditions, and nothing besides sleeping/dreaming brings any relief.

After living with it for so long, there ceases to be a light at the end of the tunnel, and death seems like the logical choice.

No more worrying. No more struggling. No more agonizing over every single aspect of one's life. Death is the ultimate relief. Are there consequences to committing suicide? Certainly, but a dead man doesn't have to deal with them, or worry about how others will deal with them.

Some people can suck it up and life a successful life in spite of it, but for others it just isn't possible.
>>
>>37223506

I'm not sure if I have depression, but I sure as fuck look forward to sleeping. the only time I feel kind of alright is in bed. before I fall asleep. I wake up feeling like shit, full of anxiety. I don't think I'll ever get over her.
>>
>>37220416

This. If you REALLY wanted to die, you'd just save up for a gun and shoot yourself in the head, or jump off of a parking garage. People who take pills or cut their wrists are just attention seeking sad sacks who just want someone to magically come along and pity them enough to save them from their shitty lives and responsibilities.
>>
>>37223506
sleeping is amazing :3
i wanna sleep forever
>>
>>37222560
>I plan on attempting it again at some point. Probably with burning charcoal in an enclosed area.
Don't do this. Notice how the previous time you failed because you attempted a slow method. Slow methods give your brain time to fire all sorts of dusted off survival subroutines - like convincing you that you felt fine after losing a ton of blood with a huge dose of dopamine, or kicking and thrashing to remove a bag which is suffocating you, etc.

If you try to lock yourself in a room to suffocate, there is a good chance you'll just bust your way out of there in a momentary, uncontrollable panic. You could, for example, weld yourself inside a metal box, but that could result in an agonizing, horrifying death if you change your mind in the middle of it. Or you might just bust yourself out using the welding tool.

Human brains are wired to survive. If you really, honestly want to do it, you have to make it quick. The best three methods are gun, jumping and rope. The latter is advisable from an elevated position, so that you break your neck instead of suffocating.
>>
I have attempted to drink myself to death in a forest during a severe winter, but some guy with a pack of dogs found me and I just had to deal with frostbites for the next couple of months.
I still have fond memories of dozing off and feeling warm like I was ascending into heaven.
>>
>>37223917

How much did you drink? Just curious.
>>
>>37222560
Because make no mistake, you think you botched the last attempt simply through improper technique, but what actually happened was that once the initial urge of killing yourself had subsided, your brain started doing everything in its power to keep you alive. You felt fine, but you were likely actually going to die soon. Your brain tricked you into survival. This happens to people in hopeless situations often enough - there are stories of guys blown clean in half in combat, minutes left to live, who are entirely lucid and demanding to be taken to a hospital.
>>
>>37223917
that's pretty brutal anon

where do you live and why'd you do it?
>>
>>37223917
I brought like one good cup of hot mulled wine and 500ml of vodka for chugging, can't tell how much of it I actually drank, because I was taking small sips until the world started spinning.
Wine got me into a good mood and whatever second thoughts I had left me.
>>
>>37224056
I have drank literally twice that and gone to work the following morning.
>t. slav
>>
>>37223910
>>37223962

You're not wrong, but remember that in my particular instance the suicide attempt was completely impulsive. I was having a panic attack, and during a panic attack you cease to think rationally about proper suicide methodology. It's not like I had been carrying a noose or a shotgun around beforehand.

Plus I *did* try to get to an elevated position to jump from, but the door was locked and I was too impatient to find somewhere else to jump from. It was literally my brain telling me "FUCK, YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING NOW. NOW, DAMNIT."
>>
>>37224010
Northern Poland.
>why
I had a powerful moment of clarity, it happened a couple of years after my younger brother was born and being only a teenager, I felt like I was being robbed of off my life. I was also bullied by my older brother, I've learnt that my oneitis was in a relationship and it sinked in, almost like my thoughts from the future were transferred to my 17 year old self "Things will not improve". I chose this way because I honestly wasn't sure if I can pull anything proper off. Turns out I can't, lol.
>>37224113
I always had a weak head, probably part of why I wasn't social. Parties back then were basically drinking contests and I knew I was always the one that would end up passing out first.
Ever since that day I don't drink much, I actually feel... scared, I suppose? when tasting vodka.
>>
>>37224164
I get it, I'm just saying you would actually have succeeded if you didnt get tricked by your own brain.

When you're bleeding out on the floor next time, just remember that you only feel fine and think you need the paramedics because your brain is trying to survive at all costs. Just wait 20 more minutes and you'll die.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.