[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that therapy is a meme. >go to eight fucking

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1492617147855.jpg (37KB, 656x583px) Image search: [Google]
1492617147855.jpg
37KB, 656x583px
Daily reminder that therapy is a meme.

>go to eight fucking therapists
>all of them are absolutely useless to me
>do nothing but confirm my deepest insecurities and further my depression

Seriously, what the fuck? Doctors have no idea how to treat those with mental disabilities. It's like we're just supposed to accept that we're failures and give up.
>>
>>37218071
You making up stories might discourage someone from getting the therapy they need. Food for thought.
>>
>>37218071
Just because you have some special case dont put evey therapists under the same thought of being useless
>>
>>37218089
hahahahahahahhahaahah
>therapy helped me so it helps everyone
>>
>>37218089
>making up stories

I fucking wish. People should go to therapy, of course, I'm just saying that if therapy or pills don't work for you then the government has nothing else for you.
>>
>>37218132
>Special case

You seriously think this is a rarity? It really fucking isn't. Have you even been on this board for more than a day?
>>
>>37218089
>>37218132
>mfw therapists are afraid of losing valuable robot clients so they shill on /r9k/
>>
>>37218089
Therapy is hit or miss.
But it's at least better than the "courage wolf" style stuff on social media and a lot of therapists are no better than the memes.
A lot of "help" that normalfags offer is the kind of thing that only helps out people that never needed it in the first place.
>>
>>37218071
Therapy for what? I've been seeing them for social anxiety, 100% useless.
>>
File: rghsdrh324234.jpg (219KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
rghsdrh324234.jpg
219KB, 600x600px
>>37218071
aww whats wrong doggo? want to go the park? go for a walk? belly rubs? cuddle with me!
>>
>>37218156
well fuck me then if you dont believe me why the fuck would I care I had severe depressions and that fucking therapist helped me but fuck therapists overall BECAUSE IM A ROBOT AND DONT EVEN WANT HELP
>>
>>37218214
You sound 16. Embarrassing, just stop.
>>
>>37218071
Tried talking to two, didn't help me either

First one I'm pretty sure had some weird crying fetish. I brought my mother once (I was like 15) and the look he gave her when she started crying I will never forget. He wasn't perceptive either

Second one was a woman who kept bringing up irrelevant things and who never really asked me good questions or brought up good points. It felt like talking to a wall.

I did talk to a very perceptive and bright guy (not a psychologist or anything) who did give me good pointers, taught me how to think in slightly different ways and who overall helped me getting out of a rut.
>>
You can get therapy at the bar, for free. Minus the costs of the alcohol you consume, of course.
>>
>therapy is bad because (personal anecdote)

okie dokie
>>
It's gonna be a long time before therapists get their shit together and actually start doing what they're meant to do. The human is both a simple and complex life form to understand. So many factors to address that easily get overlooked when trying to help the individual.
>>
>>37218214
I was joking my dude. I'm glad it helped you but the failure of therapy that isn't really specialized to actually solve problems seems to be the norm rather than the exception.
>>
>>37218071
I depends. Cognitive behavioral therapy helped me with my panic attacks to the point that I barely have them anymore.
If you get therapy for being unhappy though it is indeed a meme. Just invest that time and money in searching within yourself what really makes you unhappy and then overcome those obstacles. Life is a tough piece of shit that needs constant work and no amount a paid talking will fix that.
>>
File: keekekkekkeke.gif (524KB, 500x620px) Image search: [Google]
keekekkekkeke.gif
524KB, 500x620px
>>37218214
If a therapist was able to help you through your "severe" depression it probably wasn't even that bad.

What they do, reassure you that you're a special snowflake and that the world is made for you?
>>
File: 1443385799682.png (7KB, 205x246px)
1443385799682.png
7KB, 205x246px
>>37218167
As my father always put it: "It's easier to cure a healthy person than a sick person".
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.