[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long does it actually take to get a Autism diagnosis as an

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 1429200745129.jpg (253KB, 2048x1447px) Image search: [Google]
1429200745129.jpg
253KB, 2048x1447px
How long does it actually take to get a Autism diagnosis as an adult?

I'm 29 and I'm being bounced from psychologist to psychologist for different kinds of tests. This shit is very costly and very tiring, I just want my bux ffs.
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>37217446
This depends on many factors, such as sex, age, country, the severity of autism, and how much money you have. I'd say it can last from weeks to years.
>>
>>37217507
Sex: Male

Severity:
>15 years Shut-in NEET
>never had a friend, not even online
>never had a job
>dropped out of school
>score 100% on autism tests, as well as several other kinds of personality disorders
>can't drive because its overwhelming and can't use public transport because its overwhelming and i cant be around strangers in such a tight space
>cant eat out because large crowds or loud crowds make my head spin

Money: Parents are paying for the psychologist bills
>>
>>37217563
u r autsimo orginal
>>
>>37217622
Well thats what the psychs have told me so far, but they seem to want to drag me a long for all this shit, it's pissing me off. I don't like changes in my life and this having to goto all these places is annoying.

The fact they make me wait 1-2 weeks in between each session/test is annoying, why can't we just do this all at one time? REEEEEEE
>>
>>37217446
How much does it cost exactly?

Now don't be a fag and ignore my post. I can help you but tell me how much you're paying first.
>>
>>37217684
$180/session give or take a few bucks.

I have 3 tests in the next 3 weeks, which is $600 in total.
>>
>>37217724
Same here. A diagnosis takes three hours, so one hour a week for three weeks.

More serious things like schizophrenia can take longer though.

Now tell me, are you making it obvious that you're autistic?

>no eye contact
>monotone voice
>using a limited set of words

It ain't hard to fake, especially if you're mildly autistic anyway.
>>
>>37217944
>Now tell me, are you making it obvious that you're autistic?

Yeah I' monotone naturally, and I don't have a big vocab and I mumble a lot and say weird shit because autism.

My eye contact is not horrible, but not normall. My eye contact is too much, I dont know when to keep looking or not.
>>
>>37217944
>More serious things like schizophrenia can take longer though.
Maybe in your shithole country with shitty healthcare. In burgerland, all it took was 3 visits to get diagnosed with schizo, diagnosed 2 times. Visit to my GP which referred me to a psychiatrist then I applied for neetbux then ~3 months later social sec8r1ty referred me to their own psychiatrist for another evaluation which they agreed with my original diagnoses. Got my neetbux about a month later. Took 1 try, which was surprising when I read that it takes some people multiple attempts to get neetbux.
>>
>>37218102
>Maybe in your shithole country with shitty healthcare

Please tell me how taking greater precautions when labelling someone with a condition with so much stigma is shitty healthcare?

What if some kid didn't really have it but was put on anti-psychotics simply because of a flippant diagnosis and then killed himself due to side effects?
>>
Don't you need years of history to get on autismbux?
I'm pretty much identical to OP but have just stayed on welfare the entire time because of how long it would take since I currently have no history
>>
File: assburger.png (275KB, 463x660px)
assburger.png
275KB, 463x660px
Got mine professionally diagnosed last year. Took about 5 months, but only because the sessions were so far apart. Now they're constantly trying to get me participate in some hobby groups.
>>
>>37218246
Really? If so I'm kind of fucked.

I didn't even goto a doctor in 15 years. I have no medical history at all.

Only started seeing doctor and the clinically psychologist 1 month ago.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6H-OyEPs1g
>>
i get social security for crippling social anxiety

takes about 6 months to get accepted, and it's a rough vetting process that most people fail though

its worth looking into if you cant get autismbux
>>
>>37218181
they're going to give you shitty meds regardless if you want neetbux or not
see, meds are shit. literally no one knows the cause of schizo and many mental illnesses. the best treatment you can get is taking shitty meds and hope for the best and the best results are usually the ones that fuck you up so bad to the point where you're a complete mess that can't function at all, like a retard. the ride never ends. i cant tell you how many meds ive been on and at various dosages. at my worst, i was taking about 8 meds in total and half of them were to combat side effects from the other half. its a complete joke. i just stopped taking shit and feel better. still have schizo symptoms but they weren't any better on meds and now i dont have shitty side effects from the meds on top of that. faggots that kill themselves using meds were already going to do it sooner or later. the meds might speed it up a bit because they're hoping for a magic pill then find out its all a sham and you usually end up worse because of side effects.
these anti psychotics are like lobotomies but in pill form. chemically castrating yourself. the goal is to literally turn you into a fucking zombie. anti psychotics aren't going to suddenly make you crazy like if they were psychedelic drugs, if that were the case, people would be abusing them.
schizos generally have insane paranoia. so even if you stopped taking your meds, which i highly doubt they can find out, you can just say that you refuse to poison yourself with those "meds" and keep your bux. if it ever gets to that point, you'll probably be forced medicated if you want to continue receiving neetbux. which isn't a big deal as long as you pretend the meds are helping before it gets too heavy.
>>
>>37218399
did anyone else get stressed out from this big mess of text? i dont wanna read it because i feel like its just pure autistic ramblings

this wall of text does not look comfy
>>
>>37218300
Well I don't know for sure just what I've read from other robots. But I hear Aus disability especially is very hard to get on these days
>>
>>37218499
I looked at the impairment rating for table 5 (mental disorders) and I easily make the required points for bux.

It's just a matter of me getting evidence from psychologist/doctor. Which seems like it takes forever.
>>
>>37218399
>these anti psychotics are like lobotomies but in pill form. chemically castrating yourself. the goal is to literally turn you into a fucking zombie

As someone who's been on haloperidol, olanzapine and clozapine I agree 100%

>psychotics aren't going to suddenly make you crazy

This is what most people think, that if you're normal and take an anti-psychotic you become psychotic. I don't know where that logic/myth comes from.

But they DO have side effects like suicidal ideation and depression.

>>37218484

I know what he's talking about so it made sense to me.
>>
>>37217446

fuck off and get a job and stop trying to milk the system you non-autistic retard
>>
>>37218608
Well I think the evidence is where the long term history comes in, but I wish you luck anyway anon. Maybe I should look into it too
>>
>>37218698
when rich people practice unscrupulous business tactics to minimize tax it's smart

when poor people take advantage of a flawed system to get free money it's leeching

government is the problem, not him, nor the rich guys.
>>
>>37218698
Don't come to this board if youre just here to shit on the kids who post here, Anon. Have a bit of self-awareness for God's sake.
>>
File: 1460880531322.gif (181KB, 405x414px) Image search: [Google]
1460880531322.gif
181KB, 405x414px
>>37217446
>have autism
>too high functioning for NEET bucks
>too autistic to function like a normal adult at work
>too autistic to successfully kill self
>mfw
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.