[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything comfier than watching the first 8 Friday the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

Is there anything comfier than watching the first 8 Friday the 13th movies in a row? The 80s seemed so fucking awesome. I wish I lived through them. Plus watching normies die is icing on the cake.
>>
>>37208481
>Is there anything comfier than watching the first 8 Friday the 13th movies in a row?

You don't like any of the later ones? I thought Freddy Vs Jason was on point with capturing the essence of both those movies and is a nice little capsule of early 2000s culture as well as being the last appearance of Robert Englund as Freddy. Jason X was also ironically good.

> The 80s seemed so fucking awesome. I wish I lived through them.

Well I was born in the 80s and grew up in the 90s and I can tell you that it sucked even more for robots.

When you up in your room by yourself, you were actualy up in your room by yourself. You didn't have the whole rest of the world connected to your computer or phone with limitless video games and movies and message board to keep you entertained. You didn't even have a TV in your room. Maybe a casette/CD player at most.

Arcade were cool as shit though, even if you had no money to play you just watched other kids play and it was like gaming youtubers before the internet.

>Plus watching normies die is icing on the cake.

True, but a few nerds died as well in the series. Jason just kills he doesn't discriminate.
>>
>>37208481
What are your favorites, anon? I like them all really but I usually just watch the most, I feel like it covers all the iconic stuff they're supposed to have
>>
>>37208677
*watch 4 the most
Goddamn it
>>
>>37208594
Yeah I feel Jason Takes Manhattan was the perfect end to the series. I don't like any of the New Line Jason movies except for the remake, that shit was golden.

And what you say about the 80s, that's a good thing in my opinion. It would have forced me to be more outgoing. Plus I hate how closed in everyone is. No one talks to strangers anymore like they could be another friend for them. People stay only within their own friend circles, and I don't like that. Arcades were also the ideal way to play video games in my opinion. They also got you talking to people. Of course however, far more money is spent playing in an arcade than buying PC or console games.
>>
>>37208677
My favorites are actually II, 3D, V, and VIII. Unlike most, I'm not a big fan of The Final Chapter or Jason Lives.
>>
>>37208695
>It would have forced me to be more outgoing.

well not not really, robots were robots back then.

>Plus I hate how closed in everyone is. No one talks to strangers anymore like they could be another friend for them. People stay only within their own friend circles, and I don't like that.

People were like that back then as well. Instead of ignoring you with a phone they just ignored you with a magazine or Walkman.

and yeah Arcades were awesome and I don't think that we spent more money then than we do now on video games.

I'm sure that per hour consoles and PC are cheaper now, but we also played much less video games back then. No one outside of aspiring pro players and record breakers play at arcades for more than a few hours at a time. It was maybe 5$ for an hour just on weekends at most especially when it was just one quarter for one life.
>>
>>37208481
Old horror movies exist so that at the time robots could see chads die.
>>
im just getting into these slasher type films, I got a virus from torrenting though now im paranoid as hell.
I watched all the halloweens, saws, friday 13th, nightmare on elm street. dont know what to watch next.
>>
>>37208481
>Is there anything comfier than watching the first 8 Friday the 13th movies in a row?
Watching the first 29 Toho Godzilla films in a row.
>>
>>37208998
Fuck, how long would that take?
>>
>>37208986
Try Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Chucky.
>>
>>37208986
Definitely the Alien series.

Also any sort of 80s horror movie is always great. A lot of them crossover into campy comedy. Something like Return of the Living Dead.
>>
>>37209045
Around 50 hours.
>>
>>37208726
The Final Chapter is my favorite, though I mostly like it because of Crispin Glover. Is that a common opinion? I haven't actually discussed the films with anyone before.

4-8 is when the series hit its stride in my opinion, I don't remember much of the first 3.
>>
>>37209183
When people rank the movies from worst to best, the majority of them have The Final Chapter or Jason Lives as #1.
>>
>>37209183
>4-8 is when the series hit its stride in my opinion, I don't remember much of the first 3.

Not him but I gotta disagree entirely.

4-8 is when jason started getting revived by magic lighting bolts, and there was a girl with psychic powers and the ghost of her dad, and Jason went to Manhattan via a cruise ship that somehow was passing through Crystal Lake and again revived him with magical electricity but then only about 25 minutes of the movie takes place in Manhattan.

Not to say that the last 4 are bad, I enjoyed them all and they all had cool moments, but they were really jumping the shark. That's when Jason went from serial killer to supernatural zombie creature. Some people like that but ehhhhh

The first three were about Jason becoming Jason really. Especially since it's his mom who's the killer in the first movie
>>
My original viewing of Twin Peaks is probably the comfiest thing I've seen. The show is interesting, even if a large majority of the characters are Chad and Stacy.

Watching that show at nighttime with a window open followed by a cold breeze and drinking a hot drink is wonderful.
>>
>>37209324
Oh and I guess it relates to the Nightmare on Elm Street series as well because somewhere along the halfway point of the series Freddy went from disturbing child molester demon to wise-cracking demon that nodded and winked at the camera while saying something clever about each death.

It definitely went from straight horror to comedy-horror but at least it worked well for what it was & was within the bounds of the original character.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.