[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In pyschology, it is said that people tend to get mentally stuck

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 0Y6dEbe.jpg (111KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
0Y6dEbe.jpg
111KB, 1080x1349px
In pyschology, it is said that people tend to get mentally stuck at an age where they experience major trauma, is that why most robots have a HS mentality?
>>
>>37203860
that doesnt explain my increasing apathy in life
>>
>>37203860
>never been traumatized in my life
>people say I was mature when i was 9
Am I a fucking time traveler, anon?
>>
>>37203860
I have the emotional maturity of a thirteen year old.
>>
>>37203909
>>never been traumatized in my life

So you were quiet instead of being a playful kid
>>
File: IMG_0643.png (166KB, 438x503px)
IMG_0643.png
166KB, 438x503px
>>37203860
I never experienced trauma. I'm just seeing how shit and superficial life is more and more. Making me not wanna socialize or do anything really because under the surface it's all shit. Nothing has substance anymore, people are so easily distracted and amused by whatever new annually released toy is.

Purge the normans.
>>
>>37203954
Yeah I was really quiet as a kid
>>
No, most of /r9k/ is stuck at high school mentality because they decided to shut themselves in the basement and not interact with people after graduating.
>>
>early teens, called an "old soul" and "mature for my age" by numerous people
>late 20s, manchild

I don't know what happened to me.
>>
i want to genocide all psychologists

im being 120% serious
>>
>>37203860
I suffer a stroke and head trauma in highschool.. Am i stuck in there forever now? :(
>>
>>37204047
You were overly sure of your value and spent years not learning shit. At least that's what happened to me.
>>
>>37203860
Aren't you smart enough to act any age as you wish?
>>
>>37203860
definitely accurate but most people repress their trauma enough that they don't recognise it or don't know how to properly identify it
>>
>>37203860
Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg
Big boobies!!!
>>
>>37204047
this is pretty common
some children are expected to "grow up" faster to look after other peoples needs or desires and are praised for it, but then that becomes their upper limit for emotional development and they don't grow much further
>>
If that were true then I'd behave like a 6 year old.

so yes.
>>
>>37203860
what happens if you experience several prolonged traumas over separate developmental periods?
>>
>>37203860
by freud, and he was generally retarded
>>
>>37204871
And you havent killed yourself yet?

God Ki
>>
>>37204871
You get chronically depressed since your fucky mental development inevitably makes you unable to cope with your life's crises.
>>
>>37204921
this is more sourced from Piaget i reckon, the several stages of development. could posit that Piaget wouldn't have done shit without Freud i guess

anyway Piaget's alright by me but fuck Maslow

t. psuedoscience student
>>
>>37206769
I thought Piaget was known for moral development, not social development, and Freud definitely thought of fixation, which is what this resembles
>>
>>37206849
well, to be honest he's most known for neither- it would be more properly called intellectual development, maybe?

my brain's a bit rotted from work and it has been absolute ages since intro psyc classes, forget the large players in moral development research atm.

you're right that Freud was concerned/thought of fixation, and that relates to the topic at hand.

boy i thought i was gonna come in here and be all knowledgeable but my cranium feels like mashed taters atm, so sorry for that.
>>
File: 1492039407934.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
1492039407934.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>37203860
>In pyschology, it is said that people tend to get mentally stuck at an age where they experience major trauma
That's total horse shit. Show 1 source that says this.
>>
File: 1495086315052.png (6KB, 253x199px)
1495086315052.png
6KB, 253x199px
>>37203928
same. idk how people even progress in maturity. at like 13 it just seemed to hit a wall and I got more jaded with age.
>>
File: friday.jpg (249KB, 606x1080px) Image search: [Google]
friday.jpg
249KB, 606x1080px
>>37203860
>ywn fuck angie varona
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.