[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so recently got methyl B12 and vitamin D supplements and it made

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

File: 1426662667126.png (223KB, 487x616px) Image search: [Google]
1426662667126.png
223KB, 487x616px
so recently got methyl B12 and vitamin D supplements and it made a huge diff in my quality of life.

was wondering if I should spend another $50 on fish oil and probiotics or are they just memes?
>>
what exactly made the huge difference?
>>
>>37195780
I haven't noticed any improved mood from fish oil but I eat like a shit and by cholesterol leves are pretty good so it looks like it's warding off the heart attacks
>>
I have vita D and b12 next to me. Will it really help me? I don't feel anything different
>>
>>37195780
I highly recommend people get liquid b12 if they are getting b12

In my experience its much more effective
>>
>>37195780
I take methyl b12 and it has helped me a lot. Fish oil is good for depression - I recommend it. Probiotics can be hit or miss, but if you need help with bowel movements then go for it.
>>
>>37195891
I can't absorb folic acid or b12, I need the methyl kind. Not OP but maybe he is the same way?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170522-074930.png (360KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170522-074930.png
360KB, 1080x1920px
>>37195912
>I can't absorb folic acid or b12, I need the methyl kind. Not OP but maybe he is the same way?
You can get liquid methyl b12
>>
Fish oil is not vegan, take flaxseed oil for Omega 3s
>>
>>37195941
Why would think he was vegan? Because of the B12? You know omnivores have higher levels of B12 deficiency than vegans right?
>>
>>37195933
Ah, I understand. I don't know why I thought they didn't make it like that. Thank you.
>>
Was just fucking with him. I own flaxseed oil because it reminds me of Runescape
>>
what protein food do you guys eat? I really can't eat eggs/milk anymore
>>
>>37195941
Thank you, didn't know that- I'll try this.
>>
:) r9k vegan?

Go to the store and buy a prepacked marinaded tofu (I like peanut satay).
Cook rice in a rice cooker + frozen veggies.
Probably will only cost $3-4 all up for each meal which I think is pretty good
>>
>>37195941
>Fish oil is not vegan, take flaxseed oil for Omega 3s
You can also just get vegan omega 3 supplements desu

>>37195964
vegans generally are much more into the supplement game
largely due to concern trolling about the nutrition of the vegan diet
I'm not saying there aren't legitimate deficiencies, which is why supplements are needed, but it's important to acknowledge that there are for virtually any diet

>>37196190
Most beans or legumes are pretty high in protein
make channa masala with naan it's probably my favorite food desu

>>37196308
I'm gonna be living on my own in a week, any tips for cooking for myself?
>>
>falling for the Supplement Jew
For shame, you faggots
>>
>>37195780
Methylcobalamin has been shown to have a very low bioavailability and is inactive a majority of the time. Should have gone with Cyanocobalamin.

>>37195842
What are your cholesterol levels? I guarantee they're shit.
>>
>>37196428
>I'm gonna be living on my own in a week, any tips for cooking for myself?
It's really not hard. Cook pasta, rice or potatoes. Heat some beans. Pair with salad.
>>
>>37195780
>>37195899
Don't take methyl b12
It's garbage that your body cannot effectively absorb

It's being pushed by the health jew as "a superior alternative" when it's actually inferior to traditional cyano b12 in most ways. To absorb the same amount of b12 from methyl supplements as normal b12 you would need to take about 10x the volume of pills

>Cyanocobalamin vs. methylcobalamin makes an interesting comparison. Methylcobalamin is slightly more biologically active than cyanocobalamin, and is retained in the body slightly better. However, methylcobalamin is not well absorbed when taken orally, yet cyanocobalamin is. The very slight superiority of methylcobalamin over cyanocobalamin once it is in the body is completely negated by cyanocobalamin's superior absorption. The companies that put methylcobalamin in their supplements and make a big deal about it being a better quality than cyanocobalamin never tell you that all the studies showing its superiority were done by injected methylcobalamin, not oral methylcobalamin. To benefit from methylcobalamin taken orally, several thousand additional micrograms per day must be taken to equal the benefit of cyanocobalamin.
>>
>>37196663
Elaborate, please? i live in the northern hermisphere and don't get enough sun during fall/wintertime to provide my body with vitamin d3
>>
>>37197038
don't reply to parrots. just continue posting advice
>>
>>37195842
If you wanna I.prove your mood via OTC, l theanine and l Tyrosine
>>
>>37197151
>If you wanna I.prove your mood via OTC, l theanine and l Tyrosine
Bump
>>
Just ate a peanut butter and strawberry jam bagel for breakfast and I loved it

It must suck for carnists to have such a restrictive diet, they can't even eat delicious vegan meals
>>
>>37195941
Flaxseed oil is useless bullshit, it's practically all ALA and no EPA/DHA. EPA is the only one of those fatty acids with any evidence for actually stopping depression. If you refuse to eat fish oil then at least get algae oil, which has the same fatty acids as fish oil (that's where the fish get them).
>>
>>37196779
>you would need to take about 10x the volume of pills
B12 supplements are usually dosed super high anyway so it's no problem.
>>
>>37199039
That's true but there's no real benefit to taking methyl b12 in the first place

It's literally just an inferior form of b12
>>
File: vits.png (152KB, 957x469px) Image search: [Google]
vits.png
152KB, 957x469px
There is a full scale social engineering program going on on /r9k/ right now, I suggest that everyone leaves this board RIGHT NOW.
>>
>>37199039
It's a problem because methyl is unstable. Enjoy popping pills that do nothing and, if they do work, having them not be bioavailable and getting a deficiency.
>>
>>37195780
If B12 gave you so much improvement you defenitely want to add some methylfolate to it. In fact, b12+methylfolate are 2 main supplements in protocols for autism/chronic fatigue/depression.

Research methylation subforum of phoenix rising forums if you are interested in this topic.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?forums/detox-methylation-b12-glutathione-chelation.6/

If you are gonna try any of those protocols I urge you to try freddd's protocol because it's more effective for most people.
>>
Guys these are made up threads.
none of those work.

Every few weeks this is shilled. They are studing your answers.

Some replies are the same to promote discussion.

These are sick people.
>>
>>37199746
Do you know one of the best ways to help depression? Eat a less inflammatory diet.

>>37199934
>FFFFFFF FUCKING BIG-B12 IS SHILLING HERE AGAIN
>REEEEEEEE
lmfao nobody is shilling anything to anyone here. A vast majority of the people here are NEET or underage and have absolutely no buying power. It'd be a complete waste
>>
>>37200542
Neets and underage ppl can buy things too stfu.
>>
>>37200542
>t. Big b12 shill
>>
Alright, assuming this isn't a shill thread, I would like to have some advice.

I take many different supplements in an effort to feel full of energy and have a better memory.

>I work out at least 3 times a week for 2+ years now, look muscular
>Try to eat healthy as much as possible
>B vitamin complex
>Vitamin D (5000IU)
>Fish oil
>Multi-vitamin
>5-htp
>Lots of water, trying out mineral water too.
>nootropics like noopept

Feel like shit and always tired.
Caffeine doesn't do much for me. Gonna buy a new pre-workout since my workouts are worsening too.

What can I do to fix this?
>>
>>37200657
Not with their own money they can't lol

>>37200674
Please don't tell my supervisor
>>
>>37200685
Get your blood work done and see if there are any deficiencies. What is your diet like? I just saw a study indicating that Fish Oil might not actually do anything for depression also. Don't know anything about nootropics, have heard arguments on both sides of the fence though.

Most likely it's diet related. So what is yours?
>>
>>37200816
Usually no breakfast
Lunch: Salad + Greek yoghurt and fruit
Dinner: Very variable. When I can, I make healthy meals like spaghetti or rice with meat and vegetables.

I also avoid sugar as much as possible. If I had more money I would be on a ketogenic diet.
>>
File: rod broward.jpg (561KB, 1500x1714px) Image search: [Google]
rod broward.jpg
561KB, 1500x1714px
>>37199119
wtf, i saw that thread too.

>toddposting was probably a forced meme on /v/, and all OC was created by Bethesda, to create hype for their shit game
How deep does this go? How many memes are corporate shilling?
>>
>>37200789

Children and teens don't spend their money either, this is not a problem for business's. In fact its a huge benefit. They are our biggest group of consumers.
>>
>>37200894
Meat is pro-inflammatory and inflammation has been linked to depression. Also saying your dinner is highly variable makes it hard to get a grasp of what your diet actually is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xbNNxQZEgA

>>37200921
Corporations can't make memes. Their inherent soullessness and humourlessness doesn't lend itself to the loving touch required to make good memes. Besides, no one on /v/ was going to buy Bethesda shit anyway. Posting that ugly cunt wasn't going to change anything.
>>
>>37200894
Eat breakfast. Doctors say it fucks your body up skipping breakfast. Or well for fatties trying to lose weight, it fucks their metabolism. So can't be healthy for anyone.
>>
>>37200957
[citation required] originally
>>
>>37200979
>>37200973
Thank you, bros.
How do you know so much about diet?
>>
>>37200979
This isn't true. Intermittent fasting has actually been shown to aid in the losing of excess, unwanted body weight. It actually has beneficial properties.

>>37201025
I've always been somewhat interested in nutrition since I started lifting but now I'm in my mid twenties and I need to start getting my shit together I'll be taking nutrition at University next semester with the aim of becoming a dietician. I've been reading a lot of studies lately. It's a fun topic
>>
>>37200685
that's a lot of D, you might be in toxic levels

especially if your diet is non terrible to begin with and you get some sun, there's no reason to take that much D unless you are seriously deficient
>>
>>37201143
As I said, he should get his blood work done and looked at by his GP. No way to tell what his insides are like without any information.
>>
I did DMAE for some time and it worked wonders in my concentration and general experiencing of life. It's like some sort of supplement for the brain, not a drug.

I felt really well and I could feel I really was there. It's a weird experience, it's like you are really awake. I would begin taking those at any time if I could (currently neet, not gonna mooch family for that).
>>
>>37201143
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4210929/
>>
>>37200685
Quit 5-htp and noopept for a while and see what happens.
>>
>>37200685
Double the noopept for a while and see what happens
>>
>>37202508
For anyone who can't be fucked reading this article states that the RDA for Vitamin D is actually half what it should be. Thus they recommend 8895 IU of Vitamin D daily but advise caution because no clinical studies have been done at such high doses.
>>
>>37202710
You misplaced a decimal point. That's 20 times current RDA.
>>
>>37203684
> It also estimated that 8895 IU of vitamin D per day may be needed to accomplish that 97.5% of individuals achieve serum 25(OH)D values of 50 nmol/L or more. As this dose is far beyond the range of studied doses, caution is warranted when interpreting this estimate. Regardless, the very high estimate illustrates that the dose is well in excess of the current RDA of 600 IU per day and the tolerable upper intake of 4000 IU per day [1].
>>
fish oil is dope as fuck legit, helps me think more gooder. vitamin d and a b-complex is good too
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.