[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what age did you finally relegate yourself to the certainty

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: hanging-desktop-suicide.png (248KB, 2048x2135px) Image search: [Google]
hanging-desktop-suicide.png
248KB, 2048x2135px
At what age did you finally relegate yourself to the certainty that there's no one out there for you, and you were going to die alone?

I'm twenty-seven and it's now starting to set in. Good god, is it setting in.
>>
>>37195261
im 25 now and wonder why i even try
>>
>>37195261
probably around 11 or 12. i never really had much hope
>>
>>37195261
If I play my cards right I may get a gf today. Then I'd kiss this site goodbye.
>>
>>37195261
Probably when my mom would tell or hint that I was gay to everyone she met. As a kid I knew I'd never have a future or a smile. Didn't need a Card Reader to tell me that, I saw it as a kid
>>
>>37195261
doing this will only harden your reality tunnel into that fate. will you go out fighting, or accept your fate like a dog?
>>
>>37195261
I'm 27 and I refuse to give up. Don't lose hope OP. We're all gonna make it somehow.
>>
>>37195261
there's someone out there for everyone. the "im special" meme is meant for you to relax, not add worry about dying alone.

27 is young as fuck. but i bet my ass you've already had this cycle of "realization" plenty of times and then going back to planning out some bullshit that you never get around to doing.
>>
Confessed to oneitis, learnt she has a bf.
She was first and only crush, I was too shy to make a move as a teen, then it was too late because she already started dating better men than I'll ever be.
She's the one person I always think of. But she's already planning marriage and wants to be a mother. If not her, why anyone else? I'm already past my prime, balding and having minor health issues.
I honestly think I was onto something when I was a kid, and maybe I should enlist. I need to get out of this city, this country, this life.
Maybe I'm a dick, but the only thing keeping me away from disappearing one day from house forever is no money. No ties here, but annoying memories of youth.
>>
>>37195411
not OP but the "someone out there for everyone" talk is bullshit.

it doesnt matter if you're physically attractive or not, some of us can not form relationships. so finding that "someone" is near impossible if not impossible.
>>
I'd say coming to this place has given me a new light on life for the darkness that now consumes me, Once the truth is revealed you can't go back before i was naive and ignorant now i suspect everything and anything and so far the outlook is grim miserable hopeless you can lie to yourself all you want but it won't make the facts go away.
>>
>>37195472
I think it's about compatibility.There's someone out there for everyone that isn't a total fuck-up.
Some of us are probably not compatible with anyone.
>>
I'm 26 and due to unrealistic standards women have, I'm sure I'll die alone. But for some reason, my mom still things I'll eventually get a girl. I always feel like such a biological failure since I'm an only child. I'm the only hope to keep the family name alive.
>>
>>37195472
well, how many hours every day do you spend attempting to form/build relationships? how many people do you meet every week?

i wouldn't say i necessarily have more authority in claiming "someone out there for everyone" than you do claiming "im a super special snowflake with impossible odds of finding someone," but if you want X and are not pursuing X reasonably, I'll call you a fucking retard and a pussy. relationships aren't limited in supply nor do they require complex qualifications. if you can put a thought together you can communicate with someone privately/intimately. having some arbitrary tautology as your only defense in being lazy about relationships doesn't match up with the constant attention whoring this board does about how they are single.
>>
>>37195420
You should work and save money and then go on a trip to a country you like
>>
I'm 21 and I've never even tried to get a girlfriend, though I don't think any girl has even taken an interest in me
>>
>>37195527
yeah, no
same shit different wording.
>>
File: 1473779424392.jpg (219KB, 1134x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1473779424392.jpg
219KB, 1134x1001px
>>37195556
That's what I do, I work on ships. Before I was afraid of contracts that last more than six months. I've been on one, and honestly it might have been the best half year of my life, at least as far as self-loathing goes.
Just getting away from my family is good enough for me, I don't need a new one, I've got a lot of pieces of myself I need and glue together in solitude.
I want to move somewhere far away like New Zealand's, but I'll probably just stick to a different region in my own country.
>>
>>37195420
>I need to get out of this city, this country, this life
how would this solve anything?
In the 40s you could move to the next town over and nobody even knew you existed.
>>
>>37195613
Well moving to another region is a start and maybe in the future you'll want to move to another country
>>
File: justbeurself.png (272KB, 810x1440px) Image search: [Google]
justbeurself.png
272KB, 810x1440px
>>37195261
39 and it will never get better.

That's because being single and alone is already the best thing there is -- had peace and quiet today due to not putting up with any roastie drama. Car's still in the garage with a full tank of gas because no roastie's borrowing it to spend MY money on buying stupid shit or treating her friends to overpriced food and drinks. Still have over a couple hundred in my bank account, considering buying the Cities Skylines DLCs on sale even though I don't play it that much. Better than paying some roastie's "phone bill" (buying her drugs). Just spent the morning sipping coffee, torrenting Twin Peaks, and organizing my meme pics. Really enjoying this peace and quiet.

Tell me again why you want some dumb roastie cunt blogging every minutiae of your everyday life, thus stripping you of all your privacy?
>>
>>37195554
You're assuming I'm searching for something or am something I am not.

I don't want X nor do I pursue X, that in effect i have never had a woman show interest in me romantically.
>>
>>37195261
At 12, i am 23 now. Still khhv.

I wonder what's around next corner. Hopefully, it will be death.
>>
>>37195676
exactly, so you have no evidence that you "can't" get it, you just don't want it. why do you think that's worse to admit?
>>
>>37195643
Not every girl is like that dude, just gotta find the right one
>>
I turn 24 in a month and I'm still clinging to a tiny scrap of hope. After 25 the market goes to shit and I'll only have single mothers to pick from.

Maybe I'll luck out and somebody will find me and my lack of dating experience incredibly cute and charming because it'll remind them of what it was like to date as a teenager.
>>
>>37195699
There's no point in pursuing something that has no interest otherwise.
>>
File: 1495450598704.jpg (48KB, 1024x614px) Image search: [Google]
1495450598704.jpg
48KB, 1024x614px
>>37195332
There is no point in fighting a lost battle.

There is a reason we are on an anime weeb site posting frogs all day.
>>
>>37195261
I turn 29 in a few weeks. The realization is still sinking in. It started around 24 though.

>>37195527
The number of people you can meet in a lifetime is limited. It's ridiculous to say "wew there's 3 billion girls on the planet", because if you break it down to girls your age that you will meet, even if you're very sociable, it'll be a very small number.

>>37195535
My family name dies with me too.

>>37195554
Relationships don't happen in a vacuum. Or are you like those retards that pretend that physical attractiveness, social status and other characteristics are not important? I formed quite a lot of relationships. They're friends now. No one wants me as a lover, but they'll be happy to be my friend.
>>
>>37195709
Most girls are like that, though. And the rare ones end up with someone else, often married.

For some people, there is no right one. That's not a privilege everyone has the luxury of obtaining.
>>
>>37195261

if you give a shit you are a failed normie

true robots don't need companionship
>>
when i was 17/18 i guess
22 now
>>
File: 1492148869760.png (555KB, 952x676px) Image search: [Google]
1492148869760.png
555KB, 952x676px
>>37195261
25 was probably the tipping point. Loneliness is just a game now.
>>
>>37195859
>For some people, there is no right one

I used to think like this when I was your age. Then I found my wife on 4chan and we've been together for 2 years now. She's perfect, she lets me have my alone time and she's got her own moment so she's never asking for cash.

You just have to look harder, anon. There's a girl/guy out there that's a perfect for you
>>
>>37196595
>I used to think like this when I was your age. Then I found my wife on 4chan and we've been together for 2 years now.
Then you're obviously one of those who did have a right one out there. Others here don't have that.

Also, false consensus bias.
>>
>>37196595
just because something good happened to you doesn't mean it will to others.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.