[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If judgement day were to happen tomorrow, what would you

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

File: 5oiev5fjphkx.jpg (53KB, 657x768px) Image search: [Google]
5oiev5fjphkx.jpg
53KB, 657x768px
If judgement day were to happen tomorrow, what would you say in your defense?
>>
I have autism. Please understand.
>>
I am as god made me, how could he refute that?
god status - Stumped
>>
What would be the point of saying anything?

If God is omniscient, he already knows everything. There's nothing I could possibly explain to him.

The entire idea of God "judging" people therefore doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>37184577
I don't have free will in any meaningful sense anyway. You know Your own will can't be violated by definition. Clearly, I am just playing out my role in Your plan, which has now come to its conclusion.
>>
>>37184651

Because even though he made you like that, and being omniscient, and therefore knowing everything you would ever do, you still could have done otherwise.

It's like how if I see a kid and give him the choice between a broccoli and a cookie, I can know, for 100% certainty, that he will take the cookie.

But he can still take the broccoli. And oh look, this time he did!

So I knew he would take the cookie, and I'm right, because I knew he would take the cookie. But he took the broccoli, but I'm still right, because IF YOU THINK LOGICALLY YOU WILL BURN IN HELL.
>>
File: iu[1].png&f=1.png (569KB, 1159x627px) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].png&f=1.png
569KB, 1159x627px
IT'S NOT MY FAULT!

[oririginaldo]
>>
>implying i've got anything to beg forgiveness for

i'd straight up tell this old jew that i'm pissed i wasn't gifted a qt anthro catgirl to snuggle and diddle and that's just the first of several complaints about this fucking planet
>>
>>37184651
Yeah, but he also gave us the free will to fuck our shit up.
Bad mistake on his part to be honest.
>>
>>37184577
Only God knows and only God can judge but for whatever it's worth I'll be grateful to my creator for giving me life and for providing me with the many experiences he has provided me with
>>
>"I won't say anything if you don't"
>>
>>37184577
Wouldn't she know literally everything I am about to say before I even thought of thinking about what I would say?
>>
>>37185091
Yes, in fact the course of your entire life would already be fixed before you ever existed.
>>
>>37185112
So what's the point of this thread? In a cosmic sense.
>>
>>37184577
I would say sorry and beg for forgiveness desu
>>
>>37185052

He gave us free will, you say.

But he's omniscient.

So you have option A and option B.

God knows you will choose option B. God knows everything.

But you have free will.

So you choose option A. God knew you would choose option B. He knew that with absolute certainty.

But you used free will to choose A.

But God can't be wrong.

The entire thing is gobbledegook, anon. It's meaningless drivel and an abuse of language.

Free will is bullshit. We don't even experience it because it's completely incoherent as a concept. We experience WILL, but that will is not "free" of much of anything.
>>
>>37185169
dude wtf do you think will is expensive lol look at this faggot how much you pay for your will tree fiddy?
>>
>>37184577
You ever heard of Calvinism?
>>
>>37185150
It's only a hypothetical, assuming God doesn't exist. If he does, then the entire thing is an exercise in metaphysical trolling.
>>
>>37184577
>Be Jew
>If right, spend eternity in heaven with Old Testament God
>If wrong, spend eternity in hell
How is either one better?
>>
>>37185210
The one with the imaginary tiger?
>>
>>37185223
Hell; heaven would result in damning monotony. At least in hell God will eventually erase you.
>>
>>37185169
You can still have "free will" in a way. Imagine our current universe as being one out of a huge number of possible ones that was chosen to be actualized by God. There might be many alternate possibilities, each of which would be a different branch of the hypothetical multiverse. In this way, you could have true free will (in some sense, across multiple universes), and creating a given one would amount to choosing the universe that generates the greatest possible good. An uncomfortable consequence of this would be the suggestion that we live in the best possible branch of the multiverse. I would hate to see some of the other ones.
>>
>>37184577
fuck you Jesus

you gave me a shit life with a shit family and shit genetics
>>
I wouldn't try to defend myself. There's no point. Plus I deserve what's coming anyway.
>>
>>37185255
>At least in hell God will eventually erase you.
Nope. You're there forever, in incomprehensible agony. Graham's number of years would be but the blink of an eye in your endless preordained torture.
>>
I expect to find him laughing

I aint saying shit
>>
>>37185255
Hell is eternal, what Bible did you read?
>>
Remember, it's never too late anons. All you have to do is come to know Jesus and believe that he died and rose from the dead for the forgiveness of our sins and you will be saved from...well, hell or eternal death or whatever happens if you don't accept Jesus and the gift of eternal life

For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard. And when he had agreed with the labourers for a penny a day, he sent them into his vineyard. And he went out about the third hour, and saw others standing idle in the marketplace, And said unto them; Go ye also into the vineyard, and whatsoever is right I will give you. And they went their way. Again he went out about the sixth and ninth hour, and did likewise. And about the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle, and saith unto them, Why stand ye here all the day idle? They say unto him, Because no man hath hired us. He saith unto them, Go ye also into the vineyard; and whatsoever is right, that shall ye receive. So when evening was come, the lord of the vineyard saith unto his steward, Call the labourers, and give them their hire, beginning from the last unto the first. And when they came that were hired about the eleventh hour, they received every man a penny. But when the first came, they supposed that they should have received more; and they likewise received every man a penny. And when they had received it, they murmured against the goodman of the house, Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day. But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny? Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee. Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good? So the last shall be first, and the first last
>>
>>37185288

>Imagine our current universe as being one out of a huge number of possible ones that was chosen to be actualized by God.

Wait. Wait wait wait. I didn't read the rest of your post, because I want to stop you right there. Please don't take this as me being rude. But you've said something here that immediately stuck in my craw.

If God is omniscient, then he knows everything he will ever do, with absolute certainty.

If he knows, with absolute certainty, that our universe is Universe A is the one to get actualized, then there cannot be any "huge number of possible ones".

If God knows he's going to actualize Universe A, that's the one he's going to actualize. Universes B and C are not real possibilities.

It isn't even meaningful to say, "God chose A as he knew he would do, but B and C were both still possible".

Because then you get into the same trap.

God chose A, and he always knew he was going to choose A and no other (because, he is omniscient).

But say God knows he's going to choose A, and no other.

But he is omnipotent. So even though he knew he was going to choose A, he chose B.

This illustrates the problem. When you have an omniscient God, there cannot logically be any such thing as "possibility". Everything would be absolutely certain. The only odds would be 1:0.

Because if the odds were 1:.00000000000000000000000000001

then God could know he would choose A, with absolute certainty, but he could still choose B--as in, B would be an actual possibility.

But to say that isn't even saying anything. It's just spitting out words.
>>
>>37184577
You predestined us you retarded fucking faggot
>>
>>37185462
PLEASE STOP spacing like that. You're taking up twice the room another post would use and look like a gigantic retard while doing it.
>>
>>37185462
God could still conceive of them, at least. They're logically consistent universes. I agree that there was no alternative to this particular one, but we can imagine God as spontaneously "selecting" this particular one out of a number of logically consistent alternatives because it is the one that creates the greatest possible good. Selecting is a bit of a bad word here because it implies the possibility of an alternative, but I can't think of a better one.
>>
>>37185462

Re-reading my post, I could have done it better. I haven't slept in a couple of days.

But I hope you get the gist of what I'm saying. I'm going to provide a better, condensed version here.

If God knows everything, then he knows which one of A B and C will be the one.

Meaning two out of those 3 are not real possibilities at all.

The entire concept of possibility is logically incompatible with the concept of omniscience.

If you jettison logic itself, then when you say things, you're not conveying meaning. You're simply saying words, but not conveying any meaningful concept or idea. Even prairie dogs communicate more meaningfully than that.
>>
>>37185559

>God could still conceive of them, at least.

Only if he knew for certain he would conceive of them. If God knows everything he will ever do, then he can only conceive of things he knows he's going to conceive of.

He can't know he's going to conceive of A only, and then conceive of B. It wouldn't make sense. I am really sorry for stopping you at your first sentence twice, but they're both non-starters.
>>
>>37185524

Chill bro, I noticed it too. I am very tired.
>>
>>37185612
>Only if he knew for certain he would conceive of them. If God knows everything he will ever do, then he can only conceive of things he knows he's going to conceive of.
By definition, he knows all logically possible universes.
>>
>>37185655

If omniscience exists, there is no such thing as possibility. All odds are 1:0.
>>
>>37185681
You're conflating probability and logical consistency.
>>
2000 years and you never sent a message to anyone. Fuck you, god.
>>
>>37185705

I don't see how. If God exists and is the sole creator of universes (i.e. without God, a universe cannot come into being), then only universes that God would actually create are logically possible universes. The other ones are not, because they're not ones God would actually create, and are therefore not logically possible.
>>
I'd tell him the game was rigged from the start and that if he was truly benevolent he'd erase us all from existence.
>>
I'm not one of heavy conscience though, what must I defend myself for ?
>>
>>37184577
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWPAhGu467o
>>
>>37185459
>Implying Christianity is the real religion
>>
If the romans can kill him, we surely can

*cocks dragon dildo*

I'd tell him that it's his fault for making me a reasonable person and demanding evidence for his magical powers
>>
>>37184577
I accepted Jesus as my saviour, what more do you want?
>>
THAT'S BULLSHIT

OREGON TRAIL
>>
File: 2834634564.jpg (192KB, 1000x859px) Image search: [Google]
2834634564.jpg
192KB, 1000x859px
>>37184577
I acknowledge all my past actions as a mistake and repent for all the things I had done wrongfully. I am here to fight the unholy one and side with you as evil need to be purged once and for all. So I ask you ? May I enter the holy land prove myself to be worthy of being saved through your name and grace ?
>>
>>37184577
I deserve what comes to me, and ive always felt guilty for what ive done.
Im sorry jesus.

But thatll never happen
>tfw will never repent my sins to the holy lord god almighty
>>
>>37185919
This desu

origi
>>
I will say nothing in my defense, because there is nothing to be said.
>>
>>37186082

That's what I thought too. This whole conception of God as some guy in the sky who judges you doesn't make any sense. I still believe in God in a sense, but in more of a Spinozist way. A lot of conceptions of God do not make sense and at a very quick point they stop even being about conveying ideas and become about (mis)using language to draw out emotions.
>>
>>37185950

>I am here to fight the unholy one and side with you

Why would an omnipotent God need or want the help of a human? He's omnipotent. Infinitely powerful.

You cannot add anything to infinity.

The more you look at stuff logically, the more it looks like the plot of a typical JRPG. It doesn't make sense but it's sort of captivating.
>>
Nothing. Any kind of eternal life is an automatic hell to me.
>>
>>37184577
I dindu nuffin originoli
>>
>>37185335
>>37185386
The standard one. In Revelations God brings spiritual death to all those in hell with "the lake of fire". It's the ultimate death before those in heaven are reborn on earth under Jesus' rule. Revelations is weird shit. I was a hair length away from being a pastor.
>>
I'm a good man that did nothing
>>
>>37185459
Christianity is a spook. None of it's original to the bible or real in any tangible way. Regardless of your intentions, you're wrong, and should stop spreading misinformation. Instead of praying, people should clean their damn rooms. That will straighten them out quicker than any made up Jew.
>>
>>37184577
>"private school taught me youll forgive everything in the end if we ask nicely before we die"
>>
>>37184577
I had no say in whether I existed or not. Knowing the peacefulness of non-existence would have been real nice to know before entering here. I would have said "No thanks." to the gift of life.
>>
I've tried my best to be a good person.
>>
>y-y-you too

You have been muted for 2 seconds, because your comment was not original.
>>
File: IMG_0972.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0972.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>37184577
I would seek out Satan and join his army desu. Satan gave us knowledge and god is an incompetent tyrant desu.
>>
>>37184577
can u forgive me God forgives all rite
>>
>>37184577
I don't even want me so it's safe to say I'm fucked.
>>
>>37184577
That stuff on my HDD, it's just for scientific research
>>
>>37185288
Right, but what if there is only one and whatever choices you make are the only possible choices you could ever make.
Pick a random choice, boom. You were predestined to make that choice. Repeat a million times and each of those could only have turned out as they turned out.

We're approaching the realm of bullshit here at steady pace and it's high time I leave this shitty fucking thread with these in the box casual peons.
>>
>>37184577
In my defense? He should be defending himself lmao. He puts people in this shitshow without consent, make them fight for survival every single day and I'm in the wrong somehow?? "hurr durr you fapped therefore you're evil", fuck off.
>>
>>37184577
Sorry.
Origamolioloiolii
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.