[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why shouldn't I just become an English teacher in Korea

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1489196347434.jpg (9KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
1489196347434.jpg
9KB, 231x218px
Why shouldn't I just become an English teacher in Korea or Japan? I'm not going anywhere in life. I barely even spend money. Seems like an okay deal. I just want to get away. I almost did it when I graduated uni back in 2013 but I got cold feet. I've been a neet since 2015.

Why shouldn't I do it /r9k/? What are the downsides? I don't even care about getting laid or developing a normalfag social life. I just want an apartment of my own and some spending money.
>>
>don't talk about, be about it
there just solved your delimitation, zero issues. now go
>>
>>37183783
I was hoping I'd find some people here who did it themselves so they could give me the skinny on what it's like.
>>
Bump interested in this myself
>>
>>37183735

Taught English overseas, but not in Asia.

Get a couple of letters of recommendation and a 120-hr TEFL certificate -- you can get a cheap one online from practically anywhere -- and start applying to schools over there.
>>
>>37184657
So what's it like anon?
>>
>>37183735
As someone who is currently doing it, please only do it if you're serious about the job and not if you're just looking for a change of pace or an easy way to get cash.
>>
File: BroccoliMomiji.png (247KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
BroccoliMomiji.png
247KB, 600x600px
>>37184730
Can second this. Too many people enter into it just to backpack, sightsee, or whatever the hell else they want to do other than teach.
>>
>>37184730
OP here. I'd take it as seriously as any other job. I don't view it as an opportunity for tourism or "life experience" or whatever. Simply as a way to attain a stable standard of living.
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>37183735
You should check out gimmeabreakman aka gimmeaflakeman on youtube.

There are loads of english teachers in japan who run youtube channels but most of them are drama queens that are overly negative about japan, or on the other hand tend to whitewash and romanticize everything about living there as a foreigner and teaching English as a job.

He moved to japan like a million years ago and started teaching English, now he runs his own small school and is married with a kid. He's not afraid to criticize the country and the people for legitimate reasons, and to call out the crybabies I mentioned earlier.
>>
>>37184816
Then I'd say go for it. If you get the job, try to study up on the language a bit before leaving the country. If it's a good program/company, they'll have someone to help you get started once you get over there and a decent support system should you run into any problems. What I hear most people complain about is culture shock and loneliness (largely due to the language barrier), so go there with an open mind and try to experience the culture beyond what you expect of it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.