[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>psychiatrist asks is there anything I want to do in life

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 1467577905529.jpg (128KB, 825x795px) Image search: [Google]
1467577905529.jpg
128KB, 825x795px
>psychiatrist asks is there anything I want to do in life
>start to think
>ask can this take a while
>he says sure
>continue thinking
>still can't figure out anything

Actually I wanted to eat a pizza but saying it out would have seemed like a joke so I didn't.

The sad part is it actually took me 24 years to realize I don't want anything from life yet I don't have suicidical thoughts. I just sit here, shitpost and watch tv shows all day.
>>
>>37179502
As hilarious as the pizza answer is, your shrink would have just told you that eating a pizza isn't really a "life goal."

It's not that unusual to want nothing out of life. Generally it's just a phase, and you'll get over it.
>>
>>37179502
I would've unironically answered "soda pop". I actually have real goals but they're secret and quite frankly insane.
>>
>>37179502
I would personally answer ''Going home and reading/browsing the internet/playing videogames.'' In my room is the only place I feel safe and content.

I have been thinking about seeing a psychiatrist. Has it helped you out? Normally the depression would've gone away since it's starting to be summer but it's staying and I don't know what to do. Would you advice me to go? Also, what can I expect from a psychiatrist?
>>
>>37179668
Share 'em anon, this is an anonymous message board after all!
>>
>>37180467
Well in short I want to start a revolution and crush the current elites. I'm actually making headway. Nobody suspects the mentally ill loser shut in.
>>
>>37180559
This is going to end up like Yukio Michima's coup ended up isn't it?
>>
>>37180559
>implying you'd be able to start a communist revolution
>in 2017
>in a stable first world country
>>
>>37180559
I can relate, that's not too insane anon.
>>
>>37180642
>implying he's a communist
revolution doesn't automatically mean commie, he could be an ancap or something for all we know, cuckfuck
>>
>>37180709
Fine, on the far left side of the political spectrum.
>>
>>37180770
You can overthrow a government to start a fascist revolution as well dumbcuck. Now stop posting.
>>
>>37180786
My point remains though, such a revolution would be impossible in any developed country.
>>
>>37180825
You didn't make a point besides calling him a commie. Now fuck off.

NOW YOU JUST GOT, A LITTLE SOMETHING I CALL, BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
>>
>>37180825
What is Italy?
>>
>>37180899
In my post it was clearly stated that my opinion om the matter was that a revolution of any kind, in a developed and stable country, would be impossible in 2017.
Incase you didnt notice, i had used the term ">implying" to reference the fact that i thought it was utterly impossible.
I did not simply call this anonymous poster a communist. If that would have been the case, i would simply have said "fuck off commie" or something similar, instead of what i actually said, ">implying you'd be able to start a communist revolution
>in 2017
>in a stable first world country"

Thank you for dedicating time towards reading this post, proudly brought to you by [Anonymous poster].
>>
>>37181021
>Implying Western society isn't becoming increasingly destabilized
But he would actually need support in the first place and if he browses this board it is likely he is just having delusions of grandeur
>>
>>37181021
HAHAHAHAHA I'm loving all this butthurt. I just want you to know that I didn't read a single sentence of that post. Go fuck yourself, faggot.
>>
>>37181055
Exactly, wich once again reinforces my point.
>>
>>37181079
>implying im butthurt

Just trying to convince someone on the internet that a political revolution in 2017, anywhere in the western world, is extremely unlikely at best.
>>
>>37181169
And you're doing a horrible job. Stop posting anytime.
>>
>>37181227
Im not doing a horrible job, my arguments are perfectly valid.
You're just being a cunt and not reading what im writing.
>>
>>37179502
It's perfectly normal not to know what you want to do in life at 24. Not thinking further ahead than your next meal is a good thing.
>>
>>37181254
Says the one who resorts to name-calling.
>my arguments are perfectly valid.
No they were not.
>>
I'm too afraid to pursue what I want. And the small, easier things to do that aren't scary, I get distracted by 4chan.
>>
>>37181276
Consider explaining how they aren't valid
>>
File: Birthday.jpg (33KB, 600x200px) Image search: [Google]
Birthday.jpg
33KB, 600x200px
>>37179502

I'm 21 and I relate to this OP. I have nothing I feel completely passionate about in the way that it moves me enough to pursue a career / life style out of it. As far as interests go, philosophy/art and self-overcoming have been my sanctuaries of personal meaning in that provided a means of escape from my sunken depression.

I fully appreciate the beauty of existence, and I'm far from jaded and cynical despite the things I've dealt with in life but I just haven't found something I desire to channel my existence into completely.

All I know is that I'll play the game eventually.
>>
>>37181303
Nahh, I'm not going to do YOUR job for you. Fuck off.
>>
He asked me that once. Just answered "well not dying young would be good enought"
>>
File: 1493803327194.jpg (95KB, 736x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1493803327194.jpg
95KB, 736x1040px
>>37179502
It's perfectly normal, especially since your life isn't really set up yet.
I'd say you should concentrate on what you like the most, and try to balance it with the necessities of life. It's pretty much what everyone does every day.

Personally, I do have big plans, but only because I know I can achieve them with relative ease...But let me tell you: having low expectations is probably the best. If you still find enjoyment in the mundane things you do, you are very lucky.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.