[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How bad is it I cant drive a stick shift? Is this normal

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (21KB, 473x550px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 473x550px
How bad is it I cant drive a stick shift? Is this normal or should i be ashamed
>>
it's normal if you're american, but it still makes you a faggot.
>>
>>37176532
Are you American? If so, this level retardation is to be expected.
>>
>>37176532
why would anyone want an automatic car. Im ashamed of my american people for being so fat and lazy
>>
>>37176532
I taught myself how to drive stick but it really doesn't matter driving automatic or manual. The car moves either way, thus fulfilling it's designed purpose.

People get really cucky/autistic about it.
>>
>>37176532
Do you even drive ?
>>37176547
>>37176548
i know, but what is more fucked up
manual or 2000euro for a liscence.
protip: eurocucks will never admitt.

t.not american.
>>
>>37176638
no retard,
people who drive manual can drive all cars.
people who drive automatic are useless.
>>
>>37176638
better mpg usually and more control over the car imo
>>
>>37176532
It's not a skill that people can't learn. It will take you one afternoon to learn it.
>>
My first car was a 93 240sx 5 speed, fun times man
>>
No the type of person that takes pride in and feels superior about being able to drive a car with a manual transmission really must not have much going for them to begin with
>>
>>37176672
>better mpg usually
Not for the last decade. Automatic cars surpassed them so if you're okay with driving an old shitbox then that's your prerogative.
>and more control over the car imo
opinion
>>
>>37176532
its easy as fuck but ive been riding manual 4wheelers for a while (dirtbikes are trash tier)

its simple, start in 1st gear, go up to certain amount of RPM/speed (you usually can tell by the sound of the vehicle when to shift but cars can be quiet), release gas and push in clutch, shift, let go of clutch and then back on gas.

reading directions for this sounds like a lot of steps but actually shifting is really fast. the only problem i have with manual cars is driving in town, shifting every stoplight is fucking annoying and depending on the clutch, its stiff as hell and can wear your knees out.
>>
>>37176532
It's better to learn how to drive stick since manual is easy as piss.

Like most people are saying, if you're american it doesn't really matter. But if not then just take lessons or something. Only took me 5 one hour lessons
>>
>>37176878
since automatic is easy as piss.*
>>
>>37176844

You can't just drop the clutch in a car, you'll either stall or spin the tires. Its like perfect balance of gas and slightly letting off the clutch.
>>
File: 1493869345056.jpg (34KB, 370x699px) Image search: [Google]
1493869345056.jpg
34KB, 370x699px
>uncle let me practice stick with his mustang
>destroyed mechanisms and shit
>had to let him borrow my honda until he got his car fixed
>never considered stick again
>>
>>37176844
I have drove on the road but I just put it to neutral when i wnated to stop i didnt downshift, is that bad? also the first couple days riving i stalled a few times and i couldnt get the hang of starting on a hill

id either leave tire marks or the car would shut off and roll back. how do you start on a hill? is it embarassing if i can drive one but cant do this well?
>>
>>37176532
Sticks are way safer imo, they keep you focused on driving.
>>
>>37176829
Not an opinion, sticks give you more control over everything related to acceleration and handling.
>>
>>37176532
No, stick is fucking stupid. This is from someone who was forced to learn it. An automatic will always be better than a manual, the only people who claim they're fun to drive either have their own course or drive like assholes on the highway.

Get a car with paddle shifters if you want more """control"""
>>
>>37177117
any advice on how to start on a hill? i either spinned the tires and could smell them or the cr shut off. also is it bad that before i stopped i wouldnt down shift i just put it to neutral?
>>
FAGGGGGGGGG

you know it
>>
File: wrxsti16-interior-sti3.jpg (74KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
wrxsti16-interior-sti3.jpg
74KB, 720x540px
>>37176532

There's only two reasons to get stick nowadays:

1. Your car is so anemic that it needs a stick to reassure your compromised masculinity by making you feel like Ken Block
2. Your car is so obscenely muscle/sporty that not having a stick would be like asking someone else to fuck your hot wife

Other than that, there is no reason to have a manual transmission. Manuals can't even beat automatics in fuel economy anymore.
>>
>>37176640
Bitch I'm european and I got my license for 150 euro, if you include the driving lessons I paid like 550 euro but that's because I paid for more lessons because I wasn't confident enough in my driving, usually in my country you pay 300 euro max in total for your license including the lessons.
>>
>>37176799
Manual isn't really that hard, that is, if you have an average IQ, which is why you must be pretty fucking retarded if you can't drive a manual car. Hence why americucks can't drive manual.
>>
>>37176640
65 GBP for practical test, 30GBP for written test. Plus lessons, which depends on if you're retarded or not.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.