[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have experience with online dating? Is it possible

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: yaruo.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
yaruo.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
Does anyone have experience with online dating? Is it possible to meet a cute meek girl that would be okay with an awkward dude, or is that a pipe dream?
>>
It really depends what site you're on, anon. OK Cupid? Maybe. Tinder? Fuck no.
>>
>>37174980
>or is that a pipe dream
You know the answer, don't you.
>>
if i wanted to date a meek robot, i would just date a girl. whats the point?
>>
>>37174980
No, the women on online dating websites are all the same. They're either bland as fuck
>"My hobbies are sleeping, eating, and READING HARRY POTTER XD".
Or they're complete cunts
>"I don't care about you or your opinion, I'm just looking for a man who will take care of me. Sorry not sorry. ;)"
And then you have a bunch of the typical roastie whores you'll never get with and a bunch of bots. Not worth the time. Also
>Most are landwhales
>>
>>37174980
Had one experience that could be helpful.
>Be me
>Sad cunt, always making fun of the fact that nobody loves me.
>Best friend suggests trying tinder.
> tinder is for fags, fuck off
>some time later I think well, I have no shame anyways, might as well.
>get tinder, make profile worthy of my garbage self
> find some decent pics, get swipin'
>fast forward a few weeks in, barely a few answers
>out of nowhere, get super liked by a girl
>wat
>she seemed cute. started talking. She likes vidya. and all around nerd.
>the GODS HAVE BLESSED ME said the foolish me

gotta go take a shitter, will continue if interest maybe?
>>
>>37175871
Please continue, but I already know it's either a bot or a fat guy.
>>
All dating sites I have tried were a waste of time and money.

Fake profiles. Rude princesses. Awkward convos....

Messaging random women in your area on Jewbook or Instajew gives better results. Just have decent stuff on your profile

Don't get jewed...
>>
File: 1495352303607.png (142KB, 278x267px) Image search: [Google]
1495352303607.png
142KB, 278x267px
>>37176105
>Messaging random women in your area on Jewbook or Instajew gives better results
>tfw messaging nice looking girls in my uni FB groups
>>
>>37175325
This... There is oddly an insane amount into that harry potter drivel
>>
Met my girlfriend online. We're both depressed introverts and we've had sex probably 100 times
>>
>>37176227
What site did you use? And how did you initiate contact, did you simply message her asking for a date or something?
>>
File: 1491162316471.jpg (42KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491162316471.jpg
42KB, 720x720px
>>37175986
well you are in for a bamboozle my friend.
>talk with girl. a lot. we clicked.
>after around 2 months I decide fuck it might as well meet in person.
> we do. It's amazing. For once I felt happy.
> all that happened around november.
>new year's comes. She goes to some other city with some friends. One of which is one of her best friends.
> Oh well this is it I guess
>We talk on new year's . It goes well.
> the next day no answers.
>one more day passes, she hits me with that " I can't get attached but I still want to be friends" meme
> tfw I died inside and could never get attached to anyone after that
>>
>>37176291
It's probably because you were too ugly for her taste. And she probably just met a Chad who by this time has already pumped and dumped her.
>>
>>37176275
well the first thing I said was "i love you" in a completely joking manner and then we just talked and one thing led to another
>>
File: 1492017473894s.jpg (2KB, 119x125px) Image search: [Google]
1492017473894s.jpg
2KB, 119x125px
>>37176388
think it was the latter. I'm not ugly. Which might sound cocky but, well, such is life. A giant bitch.
>>
>>37176430
There is still a lot of information missing, friend.
>>
>>37176433
Have you considered the fact that it might be your fault?
>>
>>37176430
That's pretty gosh darn cute
>>
>>37176463
I did, actually. Quite a lot. But I don't think I did anything to turn her away. The thing was that she seemed like she actually cared.
>>
>>37176509
>she seemed like she actually cared.
>falling for the oldest trick
>>
>>37176509
Maybe she didn't like your personality
>>
File: 1493408816794.jpg (39KB, 334x344px) Image search: [Google]
1493408816794.jpg
39KB, 334x344px
>>37176526
come on man, who the fuck pretends he cares about someone for 6 years
>>
>>37176543
yeah, that's the conclusion I got to. which is fair enough
>>37176544
meant to say months. muh autism
>>
I dated 2 guys for a bit (yes dates not one night stands) and it was ok tho they both where a bit weird. You could try.
>>
>>37176644
>I'm a girl teehee ;)
Don't fall for it, anons.
>>
>>37176683
whatever it was never implied it was a grill. gay people exist
>>
>>37176701
Faggots don't belong on this board. You cannot be a robot if you're gay.
>>
>>37176723
>faggots don't belong on muh board
> one thread below there are some dudes sperging over another dude fapping
>>
>>37176683
I didn't state that, mr gynophobe. I just answered the question.
>>
File: schizo cat.jpg (371KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
schizo cat.jpg
371KB, 960x960px
I average about 100 views a week with a ratio of 1 like to every 3 views, not so bad I guess. I receive 2-3 messages a day although they're mostly from Indochina or the Pacific islands so I don't count them. This isn't so bad for a guy who is in a city where online dating for long term relationships isn't very popular (Miami).

Realize that many of the girls on there, as other anons chimed in already, have a sort of princess complex because despite me being a pretty good looking guy who is well off (I'm just casting my seeds wide, you know) even the ugliest girls will get 10x my views per week, never mind girls who are actually high quality. Therefore, many girls get a sort of princess complex--a hyperinflated ego. In addition, online dating takes away the 'bedside manner' one might have in real life that helps you attract women.

Anyway, online dating is nice because you can easily filter out bad matches, unlike IRL sometimes. I did meet a girl on OKC and we stayed together for about three years, although I haven't seen anybody with a profile like hers since then.

I'd treat online dating like a proverbial long-line fishing net, you never really know what you're going to get. Be patient.

And again, as some anons pointed out:
>harry potter drivel
>dog nose filters
>filters filters filters
>fat girls who call themselves 'average' or 'slim'
>girls always aiming out of their league
>typically uneducated
>netflix their life away

At first I was bitter, but then I realized that this is, indeed, most young people.
>>
File: waiting.jpg (693KB, 941x1200px) Image search: [Google]
waiting.jpg
693KB, 941x1200px
>>37176850
Addendum: Most girls don't seem to actually have any substance whatsoever in their profiles although, at least on OKC, my answers on questions ordinarily filter them out. Nonetheless, there is very little that one can cling to and start a conversation. I discussed a book mentioned on the profile of the aforementioned 3-year gf and that's what hit things off. Most people don't even give you that.

Just realize that most people are pretty 2D and unless you're the same, don't be in any rush. Rushing into a relationship leads to unwanted children and inharmonious households. I would rather be alone for eternity than feel a stranger in my own home, so perhaps maintain a profile casually if you want but don't think that finding 'the one' will happen overnight.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.