[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /r9k/ I have a problem, whenever i have to study or do tasks

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: images (1).jpg (7KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
7KB, 194x259px
Hey /r9k/

I have a problem, whenever i have to study or do tasks like opening my mail, and sending emails to institutions of some kind, i feel enormous anxiety. its like my body is screaming at me to quit and go watch videos or play games. searching for solutions online has brought me nowhere, and people i talk t just say that i have to push through. there have to be other people with this problem that have overcome it. do any of you know what i'm talking about?

btw i have ADD and meds help em sort of, but only with focus, and not with the fear/anxiety.
i dont currently take them.
>>
Yeah I know what you mean. Getting antsy and not having the self discipline to overcome it yet.
>>
>>37167534

is taht all thats needed just discipline?
>>
>>37167558
Yes. Discipline means doing the things you don't want to do to be the great being you want to be.
>>
File: C675hDGWsAEvWrP.jpg (73KB, 309x898px) Image search: [Google]
C675hDGWsAEvWrP.jpg
73KB, 309x898px
>>37167464
I know this feel very well OP, I've got anxiety + ADD. I think it's related to the fact that I used to forget about important stuff as a kid, which made the anxiety worse and it became a cycle. Avoidance is guaranteed to fuck you up though, so my only advice is to use every oportunity you've got to do what needs to be done. Do it while you feel capable, and force yourself to do these things as often as possible. We are stuck with having to fight everyday to do basic stuff, while normies have a nice ride.
Life is suffering, bucko
>>
>>37167884

so its liek a neverending cycle

fucking great
>>
Have you tried marijuana? A lot of people with ADD find that it helps them focus and get their work done. My doctor prescribed me medical marijuana for ADD as an alternative to pharmaceutical stims.

It's definitely not for everyone but for me it has helped.
>>
>>37167884

so is there not a way to get used to it?
its liek i dont really live, when i have to do stuff and think about my life its like im not really living life. when other people can be super comfortably thinking about their lives and making it as comfortable and profitable as posiible.
>>
>>37168047
gj ruining the thread dumbass

DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>37168047

i have not, mainly because your other mental faculties get ruined.
memory, focus etc
weed is just plainly bad for your metal abilities in the long run
>>
>>37168108
This poster knows whatsup.

Weed = Enjoy your marijuana induced psychosis, spending money on munchies and more weed.

Natural mind and body strength is best strength. Use the power within. Fuck substances, you don't need that shit. It'll ruin you in the long run and make you even lazier.

>>37168047
You must be a pothead if you think marijuana makes you more productive. Real fucking sad. If you have a hyperactive mind, meditate, light candles, or declutter. Recommending marijuana is the stupidest shit I've ever fucking heard. Lots of people have wasted years zoning out on that shit. Fuck off and don't hurt the OP with your trashy wasted advice.
>>
>>37168159

this

i need real advice.

yes i could also take cocaine and have all the energy and confidence i need and then die an early death.
>>
>>37168159

You clearly have a very emotional reaction to cannabis. I don't know why that is.

>You must be a pothead if you think marijuana makes you more productive.

I know it does. It very effectively treats my ADHD.

Many other people have also experienced these benefits and have led very productive lives with the help of cannabis.

As I said, it's not for everyone.

>>37168108

There are strains of cannabis that have virtually no THC but instead a lot of CBD, and therefore virtually no inebriating effect. I've experienced benefits from these strains too, although they don't help me personally as much as strains that do have THC.
>>
>>37167464
I know the feeling, i had that with phone calls, especially if i had to call professionals. What helped a lot was simply practicing it. Calling familiy and friends instead of writing them, and later calling a restaurant to make a reservation. Once you have done that often enough, it's not a big deal anymore.

You could try making a new e-mail adress, and practice by writing random people you find online. Or just write the email you need, without the intention to send it. Just write whatever comes to mind. Even if it's "hi, pls send money, thanks" Then you have a point to start, which makes it way easier.
Also, depending on who you need to write (if it's a prof at university for example), they are probably getting tons of emails anyway, and don't care so much about the way you write.
Good luck Anon, hope this helps
>>
>>37168248
OP needs REAL advice, not some DUDE LMAO crutch.
>>
>>37168274

yeah it might just help, thanks
im still with the studying problmes though, and its clearly not about the specific situation, its about the systemic problem of not having the strength do do tasks of any kind.
>>
File: Cq_Xf7uWcAIlale.jpg (72KB, 638x631px) Image search: [Google]
Cq_Xf7uWcAIlale.jpg
72KB, 638x631px
>>37167996
>>37168057
It can get better, some people "overcome" this kind of thing. In my case, it comes and goes, I have to live fighting in that sense. It's the only way to go forward. Don't think you are doomed to be miserable though, I am happy for extended periods of time. Also depends on your situation: when I've had a stable life without much change, I got so much better I even thought it was a thing of the past. Whenever I am in a "dynamic" situation, though, the anxiety comes back to bite me in the ass.
Currently studying a master's degree where I should "network" and find internships, projects n shit for myself, it's fucking hell. I managed to get an extremely shitty summer intenship for july (they were reluctant to take me just because it's not serious enough for an engineering master's student, quite embarrasing).
Also, what ADD meds do you take? I'm on vyvanse, and it does help with avoidance sometimes. However, it can also motivate me to be the best avoider I can be. Spent a whole night in fucking twitter of all places, just to avoid preparing a public presentation.
Don't take me too seriously, I am at the bottom of the pit right now.
>>
>>37168286

It wasn't even advice. I was simply asking a question and then shared my experience.

I never said he should take marijuana or even implied it.
>>
>>37168318

thanks for sharing.
i take methilephenidate (or at least i could go get some of it again)
it sorta works
>>
come on, i need more advice than this
>>
Do it once, then you will realize it's no fucking big deal and your brain will save that progressively and after a while it will become natural.

Expose yourself gradually.

And remember that no matter what you send some people send far worse and still get away with it.
>>
>>37168522

the emails are the least of my problems though
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.