[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General chatting thread, finals edition. Hey /r9k/, resident

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

File: normie_advice.jpg (96KB, 1006x768px) Image search: [Google]
normie_advice.jpg
96KB, 1006x768px
General chatting thread, finals edition.

Hey /r9k/, resident normie here. If you'd like some advice, have any question you want to ask or just need to vent for a bit and get stuff off your chest, feel free to post here. No such thing as stupid questions here, I'll attempt to answer each and every post wholeheartedly(:

>inb4 OP off my board reeeeeeeee
>inb4 OP can't inb4
>>
>>37164227

Does pineapple belong on a pizza?
>>
>>37164258
In my opinion, no, it does not, but many people seem to disagree with me.
>>
>>37164227
Does getting laid get more difficult as you get older desu because I used to score mad pussy a few years ago but these days I haven't had much success
>>
>>37164303
I mean, I'm not that old, I'm 23, and I've been sleeping around more now that I ever have before, but I imagine after some point people start wanting to settle down, so it must be more difficult.
>>
>>37164227
How do I get a qt gf with short hair? For some reason short haired girls are a massive turn on for me, but they always seem to be lesbians.
>>
>>37164327
Same way you get any gf, just limit your scope to girls with short hair. Having said that, every short-haired girl I've been with was bi, so maybe you're onto something there.
>>
What build should I do for my next dark souls playthrough.
>>
>>37164379
Which one? I think full-on strength might be fun - pretty much all the runs I have are just dex with maybe a hint of sorcery/pyromancy, so it'd be cool to be a big tank who kills people with a massive club or whatever.
>>
File: BarfKnight.jpg (293KB, 621x621px) Image search: [Google]
BarfKnight.jpg
293KB, 621x621px
>>37164379
Not OP, but miracles were always my favorite build.
>>
The questions everyone should be asking: What qualifications do you have in normiedom?
>>
>>37164413
Yeah, my current DS3 character throws around bolts and heals a bunch. It's cool but it feels cheesy and I feel like it'd almost be easier to just melee them instead.
>>
>>37164435
This question always comes up so I should probably make a list at some point. Basically, I study maths at a very decent uni (not Oxbridge or anything, but still Russell Group), I have both a large circle of people I know and occasionally hang with and a group of close friend that I see VERY regularly. I go out multiple times a week (or at least I did until exam season started) and I have both a gf (well, kinda) and a decent number of exes and whatnot. I dunno, my hobbies are also kinda normie-esque as well, but that's a whole different rabbit hole.
>>
>>37164227
Any tips to be good in small talk to strangers? I plan to move to another city, I'm at ease with my relatives but terribly bad to make friends in parties/school.
>>
I wish I could say no to people. I've gone through so much anxious scenarios and
unfortunate events all because I can't say no.

I bring this up because a girl who I had very strong feelings for messaged me asking to see me the other day. Back then she didn't have any feelings for me and it broke me, but I managed to get over her eventually these past few months. I stopped using social media, deleted all our photos together, and changed her name on my phone in hopes of never being reminded of her. I don't know why she wants to see me, I don't want to see her. How should I handle this, I'm kinda worried but at the same time I don't care how it goes. Should I mention that I loved her for closure?

>>37164327
Get any GF and then convince her to cut her hair, or cut it yourself while she sleeps. I used to think short hair was weird on girls, but I saw a beautiful girl with a buzz cut once and have been falling for short haired girls ever since.
>>
>>37164297
GET THE FUCK OUT. PINEAPPLE IS THE PERFECT PIZZA TOPPING
>>
>>37164536
The perfect pizza topping is no topping at all. Cheese pizzas are perfection in itself, anything added to it ruins it.
>>
>>37164513
Talk about things you have in common. For instance, at a party, the common thing is you both went to it, so you can ask them how they know the host, hear them out, tell them who you know and just continue the conversation from there - if it's someone you both know, then that's easy, you just cling on to that. At school you talk about the classes you have, etc. Basically find topics you both have in common and just talk about those, what's what makes a conversation engaging.
>>
>>37164546
>>>/vip/61067
>>
>>37164535
Eeeeeeeeh, if you're over her, then no harm done, right? Those situations are always a bit tricky, so if you honestly don't mind her being weirded out by it, then I guess go for it. I'd personally phrase it in a way that makes you seem like you're poking fun at yourself and downplay it slightly, but you do whatever you feel is right - it's your life, not mine. Just be mindful of the worst case scenario.
>>
>>37164536
>>37164546
To each their own, no? People can have whatever they want, as long as it does not impact me.
>>
Normie, I am tired of hotmail's advertising and how long it takes to load. Where should I go for a new email address?
>>
>>37164580
I will be in my college for my first year in a city that I only know my name. I like to listen people, so it's probably something I can do well. My main concern is that awkward moment when you need to jump in a conversation. I did hiking in a club last year, I did a bad first impression and things were hard after that. I'm kind of afraid to reproduce that in college. How did you do as a freshman?
>>
>>37164640
>if you're over her, then no harm done, right?

If only it was were so easy, I'm really worried I'll end up falling for her all over again afterwards. I'm generally pretty lonely and fall in love very easily. I think it'll be alright though, I'll go in as just friends and if an opportunity for more appears I guess I'll gladly take it.

I like your threads btw.
>>
>>37164735
Gmail's the obvious choice, I'd say. Don't really see the need to be a hipster and find some other low-key email address.
>>
>>37164754
Gmail was what I was thinking too. Cheers.
>>
hi guys im """le normie""". I'm sooo much better than all of you losers.
>>
>>37164740
Listening's a good skill to have, since a lot of conversation is basically hearing the other person talk about something they like. The main thing to remember with college is there everyone else is in the same boat as you - they're people who are in a new place that want to make friends and have fun. If you think that everyone else is a massive hivemind who knows all the social ins and outs, you're wrong - they're the same as you and they want to talk to you as much as you want to talk to them. Basically the way I join a conversation is I listen until I hear something I feel I can add something to, and then I just go ahead and say it. Nearly everyone subscribes to the "the more the merrier" philosophy, so if you talk to people they'll be eager to talk back. Don't be afraid, making friends in uni is honestly the easiest thing.
>>
>>37164751
Aaww thanks bud <3 x
Yeah I get where you're coming from, but I guess that staying at home and reclusing isn't the best alternative - you kinda have to take some risks, right? Besides, given that you've been trying to cut contact with her anyway, the worst case scenario isn't even that bad - you just finish burning the bridge that you already lit.
>>
>>37164899
I see you mean and I agree. It can be only a lack of confidence and then I'm just an idiot but when I see a group of people who know each other since years, I drop my spaghetti. I'm always like they will think "fuck who is this guy who thinks he can talk to us from nowhere". This is one of the main reasons I'm here and unsuccessful with friends/girls.
>>
>>37165023
Yeah, that's not how people think. They're too preoccupied with their own shit and their own insecurities to be judging others. As for confidence, it'll come to you after you try to talk to people several times and find that they're very receptive. "Oh shit, it's that easy to talk to people? You just walk up to them, talk at them and they talk back? Damn, that's so cool!"
>>
>>37165023
>>37165072
In fact, when was the last time you remember someone else being awkward? Does it make you cringe and want to not associate with that person at all? Do you even remember it all? Others will generally have the same answers to those questions as you. And it's uni, people want more people to talk to, so be that guy(:
>>
>>37165072
>>37165132
Well, I must have very low standards or I'm a little paranoid. Thanks mate, I'll try to remember when the time will come, as you said self-esteem may be fixed by itself with experience.
>>
>>37165218
You just have low esteem, which makes you think that the conversations will end up worse that they will. You'll be fine, I wouldn't worry.
>>
How do I ask out a cashier in a socially-appropriate way? She's exactly my type.
>>
>>37165287
Do you know them outside of their work? If she's just a cashier you sometimes see pop down to the shop, keep in mind that it's her job to seem friendly to customers, so you might be misinterpreting the signs. If you think that it's more than that, then I'd just say something along the lines of "hey, I was wondering if you want to get a drink together at some point?". You want there to not be that many people around so that it's not awkward and doesn't hold anyone up.
>>
>>37165376
>Do you know them outside of their work?
I do not.

>keep in mind that it's her job to seem friendly to customers, so you might be misinterpreting the signs.
I never said anything about signs. I just said she's exactly my type from a physical standpoint. She's not even a 10/10 Stacy or something. She's just pretty in a way I find attractive and think we're both in the same range.

>"hey, I was wondering if you want to get a drink together at some point?".
The thing is I don't want to put her on the spot when it's her job to be nice to me. Do I just slip her a business card and leave the ball in her court to either contact me or not?
>>
>>37165423
>slip her a business card
holy fuuuuuck lmao

just do it anon
>>
I'm pretty bummed out. There was 2 events in the past few days that I wanted to go to and could have gone to with friends, but I'm traveling in a week and used that as an excuse not to go. Truth is I feel out of place with my friends, like they wouldn't want me there even though that's probably not true. I regret everything.

I know this is trivial shit but I want to let it out.
>>
>>37165423
God no, definitely don't do that. It's fine - this probably isn't the first time she's had people asking her out, so she's have no problem saying no. You know that even if she was already into you, if you left her a business card without actually asking her out that she wouldn't call you, because she'd think that it'd be too weird.
>>
>>37165553
Hey man, your friends do like you and they want you to be around - that's why they're your friends. Don't worry, you haven't fucked a single thing up - they're happy for you to have alone time, but they're also very happy to chill with you if you do come down(:
>>
Hey Normie, How's your week been?

I've just come down with some stupid sickness, throat, lungs, eyes, the works!
>>
>>37165472
>>37165609
So just do something direct like "hey would you like to grab some coffee one day after work?"
>>
How do I get a gf like THIS?
https://i.4cdn.org/r9k/1495345730012.jpg
>>
>>37165700
Yeah mine's been alright. I've been staying at my place and just preparing for exams, so it's been very uneventful. I did restart my friendship with an old hug bud of mine, so that's been nice, but other than that it's been kinda the mundade.
I'm sorry to hear about your sickness, how've you been doing other than that? (:
>>
>>37165761
Same way as you'd get any other gf, just limit your search to that kind of girl? I dunno, I never went for anyone like her.
>>
>>37165784
Pretty good. I had a pretty nice week looking after my son; He's the sicky who got me infected. His mother is finally starting to be nice to me after I took 2 weeks off work to look after her and him, which means I get more time with him, which really means a lot to me. Spent yesterday and today beating MK:XL, I don't usually like fighting games, so I was pleasantly surprised

How's the study going? I need to get back to mine next year; took this year off to sort some homelife out
>>
>>37164227
OP, should I still hold out for this guy I met on the Internet? He's super cool and he's into me but I fear he'll meet someone else and forget about me
>>
>>37165816
Oh fighting games are something I always liked the idea of but never actually played all that much. Yeah they're alright, I feel like I'm on track to actually pass, so it's not too bad. Yeah that's fair, I know a few people who've deferred as well, it's alright(:
>>
>>37165881
Nah, internet romances aren't known to be very successful, so I wouldn't hinge such a large portion of your life on that.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.