[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it bad that i cant drive a manual car? i tried but was shit

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (39KB, 800x717px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 800x717px
Is it bad that i cant drive a manual car? i tried but was shit at it and had to crank it five times in the road.

do most people know how to drive manuals? am i pathetic?
>>
If you live in the US that's totally normal. Most people do elsewhere, as far as I know. It takes some time to get the hang of though. I used to suck at it.
>>
Most people don't know how
>>
>>37161838
most people dont but most people dont try either
>>
I been driving manual for many a year now but sometimes I try to make an epic maneuver and grind my gears like a n00b.
It takes approximately a little while to get decent with clutch&stick game.
But remember, if you keep at it, someday you can make a lame post like this one.
>>
>>37161838
Most people can't drive manuals any more. My dad taught me just because it's "The best anti-theft device a car can have."
>>
I can't even ride a bike anon. I think you're fine.
>>
File: teaga423423.gif (568KB, 240x291px) Image search: [Google]
teaga423423.gif
568KB, 240x291px
>>37161838
>do most people know how to drive manuals?
yes
>am i pathetic?
youre american
>>
>>37161838
Takes practice like anything else.
Two years since I passed and occasionally my foot slips and I hear the grind.

Ofcourse I'm a bong so they make you learn a manual anyway.
The real fun is doing up down up down in slow traffic on inclines.
>>
most north americans can't.
just remember when on the highway to shift into R for race mode it's the best
>>
>>37161951
so in the uk you have to know how to drive a manual to get a liscence?
>>
>>37161916
Objectively incorrect, most people cannot drive manuals anymore unless you live in the burnt-out remnants of the USSR with only cars from the 1970's to drive or something
>>
>>37161969
Yeah. I think you can get an automatic licence but afaik it's a myth.
>>
In the US it's normal, elsewhere you're seen as retarded if you don't have the manual certification on your license.

The best cars to learn stick in are any Honda (particularly the S2K, and very particularly an AP2 with AP1 flywheel and CDV delete), any Mazda (particularly the MX-5, and very particularly the ND MX-5, which in my experience has the most perfect-feeling manual transmission ever made), and any Porsche.
>>
>>37161958
>just remember when on the highway to shift into R for race mode it's the best

lmao
>>
What the fuck is with this thread

Just because "most people don't know how" doesn't make it any less pathetic.

What's the fucking point of only being able to drive HALF the cars in existence? Are you too stupid to learn to drive manual? How can you say you truly know how to drive if you can't drive manual?
>>
>>37161838
In Australia I first learned to drive in a manual so that I'd know how.
But since I got my licence I've only ever driven automatics.
I doubt many of the next generation will even bother learning to drive, as self driving Ubers will be everywhere.
>>
>>37162170
>half the cars
Maybe in Europe and Japan, but in the US the take-rate on manuals is less than 3%. Most cars don't even have the option anymore. With specific models, like the MX-5, BRZ, and other enthusiast cars, it's much higher, but that's a tiny niche with very low volume.
>>
>>37162274
I'm in Australia too you faggot and this is a stupid idea. Uber is banned here in the NT, so how about we try getting the whole country to even use it first?
>>
I've been driving for over 15 years. I have never had the opportunity to drive a manual car.

Always wanted to learn.
>>
Taught myself manual on my first car. Isn't really as hard as eurocucks make it out to be. Starting and rev matching take practice but even then
>>
>>37162620
Why do you reckon it's a stupid idea?
Yes Uber is currently still banned in the NT, but do you seriously imagine they'll be able to sustain the ban for over a decade?
>>
Working on getting my license right now, it really isn't that hard, got the hang of it in a couple hours of driving
It's mandatory for a license here in Norway
>>
>>37164353
i got where i can drive on flat ground but starting on hills id either make the tires leave marks and squeal or stop and roll back

also are you supposed to downshift through the gears? i just put it in neutral before i stopped
>>
it's fine, view some YT videos if you really want to drive one.
>>
>>37164390
I actually don't know, for some reason the driving school I go to uses these reaolt fancy BMW's that makes everything much easier
I have driven normal cars and starting uphill required med to do some tricky shit with the brake
>>
>have auto
>chill and comfy as fuck
>get new car
>manual
>feel autistic for having to shift all the time for traffic, roads, stop lights, stop signs, pedestrians, cops causing everybody to slow down to a crawl due to their sheer existence and generally any other possible reason to have to be wiggling a phallic object whilst bouncing my foot
and somehow manual is still better
>>
>>37164390
Hillstart goes; make normal motion with accelerator and clutch to pull forwards but with handbrake applied and disengage handbrake once you feel the car start to try to move forward. It takes practice as it can be harder on steeper hills but it's nothing a day or two of driving won't correct
>>
>>37161838
It's kind of lame. If you practiced you could get it.
>>
>>37162005
is this what americans believe? almost all new cars in europe come in manual
>>
>>37165965
Almost all cars in NA also come in manual. The convention here is most people learn on automatic but if you're actually at all interested in cars/your parents are you learn manual because it's objectively better.
>>
I learned the concept of manual transmission on a dirt bike and later on a motorcycle. First time I got into a manual car it was natural to me despite never having done it in a car. The only think I needed to learn was gear positions but that only took a day.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.