[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to trigger boomers? So far I have: The Beatles weren't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 16

File: IMG_0158.jpg (191KB, 1107x798px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0158.jpg
191KB, 1107x798px
How to trigger boomers? So far I have:
The Beatles weren't that good a band.
Say Vietnam was for profit
Kennedy was a bad president.
"I'm going to live at home forever."

No low effect trolling like "Ohh yeah Nazis woo!"
>>
>listening to my dad get mad that the government is trying to do all this shit to get young people to buy homes
>"We didn't have any of that shit, if we wanted something, we worked for it"
>"We didn't complain, we just did what we had to do"
>he bought this house for $170k and it's now worth close to $400k
>house has gone to shit, worse in every way possible, now have factories across the road and our neighborhood has gone to shit
>but it has still inflated to close to $400k
>>
>>37144932

idk I just straight up tell them they're gluttonous pigs who sold out their childrens' futures for their own pleasure. this usually makes them go berserk and accuse me of being a liberal.
>>
>>37145014
And wages are the effectly the same, but housing is more because not part of inflation meme.
And you used to be able to get good job out of highschool
>>
File: IMG_0055.jpg (25KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0055.jpg
25KB, 236x236px
Tell them you
>>
File: 1494744974179.png (587KB, 604x675px) Image search: [Google]
1494744974179.png
587KB, 604x675px
I trigger my boomer coworker by knowing more about world events and politics than he does.
>he's complaining about Syria
>explain to him the grey areas of the conflict
>w-who's Assad?
>there's a civil war happening?
>w-what rebels?
>mfw

Talking to him has made me realize boomers have literally no idea what is happening in the world but, continue to complain
>>
>>37144932
does it upset anyone else that the most popular band of all time is a shitty reddt-tier pun?
>>
>>37145423
>Le art is only photo realistic details of Zelda landscapes
I want reddit to fucking leave forever
>>
>>37147291
my favourite Michelangelo is the one that's a zelda landscape
>>
>>37147291
i want to leave reddit forever but I just can't do it :(
>>
>>37147321
It's reddit as fuck to say art is only detailed landscapes and anything that isn't that isn't art.
>>
>>37147340
I'm surprised reddit even has opinions about art. You don't think that asking $40m for a blue square with a white line though it is a bit silly though?
>>
>>37147376
>Everything is to be taken at face value and nothing has deeper meaning
back to plebbit there lost one
>>
>>37147340
Fuck off "art"fag. It requires no effort to do that piece of "art". The person who made it could literally spew out 100's of those by just throwing a bucket of blue paint onto a canvas. There is nothing artistic or genius with that.

I fucking hate this retardation, it's not art just because you say it is. A shit in your hand is not magically art because you did it infront of 20+ people.

If you were baiting for (You)'s, you really got me on this one. Fuck you.
>>
>>37147407
There we go. Typical "MUH ART IS ONLY DETAILED PORTRAITS AND LANDSCAPES REEEEEEEEE LE DEGENRACY" while not actually understanding anything
>>
>>37147397
I never said that. I just have trouble understanding what people see in this kind of minimalist art like this blue painting here.
>>
>>37147407
Just because something takes a lot of effort doesn't make it good.
I can't say I like that picture myself, but it takes a lot more intelligence to create something striking than to laboriously reproduce a landscape.
>>
>>37147666
I'm not that anon, but I get what he's saying. I truly believe most of us here could reproduce that art. I'm not saying it isn't art, but there's just blue with a line down the middle. I'd be curious to know how much thought actually went into it, cost of supplies, and justification for the price. I could do something very similar with little to no training.
>>
>>37147407
>people who didnt make an piece think they can conclude that the piece was not a product of artistic expression
>>
>>37147705
Then why didn't you? you literally do not understand art
>>
Oh great I sure hope this thread doesn't degenerate into a "what is art" argument but its probably already too late
>>
>That squirrel tearing up your garden is so adorable. I want to go feed it!

>Google "Bob Dylan mansion". Oh wait, you mean he has more than one? How does this reconcile with his social message?

>I really think we should consider taking in Syrian refugees into our home.

>Tell me again about why you don't like [person].

>Let's turn on the air conditioning.
>>
>>37147666
>MUH ARTSY VAGINA EGGS REEEEEEE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND MY MESSAGE
>MUH ART IS ALL ABOUT MEANING YOU GUISE, SCREW TALENT
>*proceeds to smear shit on a canvas*
>80 million dollar please, this painting's meaning is that I felt loose in my stomach and had to relieve myself

Fuck off retard.
>>
>>37147742
Well if underage kids didn't come in saying "le anything that isn't detailed portraits isn't art I could do that lol xD" then we wouldn't need to explain it to the children
>>
>>37147768
>Strawmanning
Now you are quite literally the embodiment of plebbit
>>
File: modern art.jpg (109KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
modern art.jpg
109KB, 1152x648px
>>37147783
Kek, and you're not?

Here's some supreme art for you. It is valued 21 million dollars. It depicts a black man's uprising through difficult times. I hope you can relate to this amazing piece of art.
>>
>>37147852
>I am too retarded to research art so therefore it is shit and not art
>>
>>37145423
Modern art is a money laundering racket and nothing more. The buyers don't give a fuck about shit on a canvas
>>
>>37147889
haha woah bro so #woke and epic bro did you smoke some weed before coming here hahah awesome bro
>>
>>37145162
>And wages are the effectly the same,
that's complete bullshit
>>
>>37147907
buddy I know you're upset about your art degree, but it doesn't change reality
>>
>>37147666
looks like we got a triggered liberal arts major on our hands boys
>>
>>37147919
>all this implying
You are too retarded and/or underage to understand art so you just say anything that isn't a portrait is LE DEGENERACY MONEY LAUDNERING REEEEEEE
>>
File: 1492444306384.png (58KB, 1011x801px) Image search: [Google]
1492444306384.png
58KB, 1011x801px
>>37147928
>not doing liberal arts
>being a stem brainlet
>>
>>37147907
This is where the redditor, unable to comprehend that people may not like his opinion, descends into verbal diarreah and strawmans.
>>
>>37147937
why don't you educate us plebs about the work in the OP?

inb4 weaselling out of it by saying art is in the eye of the beholder
>>
>>37147722
why don't you explain it anon.
>>
>>37147952
The work OP posted is a master class of ambition mirroring my own, to grab some milf titties.
The post about the blue rectangle painting however is extremely important to the field of art because >join thread. >don't know anything about art. >act as if I do and say anyone who disagrees doesn't understand. >It worked for a bit but now the ruse is up. and that's why it is important.
>>
File: Modern libtard artfag.jpg (87KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Modern libtard artfag.jpg
87KB, 1152x648px
>>37147867
YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ME OR MY MESSAGE. THIS IS ART REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>37148026
>Not reading the post above you
>>
>>37148061
Sorry, too busy making art.

Fuck (You)
>>
>>37148026
I really like this. I will be stealing this priceless work of art and posting it in the poop thread as my own OC. You can't stop me bitch
>>
>made 300% return in crypto this month
Watch boomers absolutely flip their shit over this. They can't stand watching their careful investments over 10 years being superseded by NEETs following memes.
>>
>>37148124
Haha don't worry, I can just draw new ones within minutes and become a multi-millionaire. Such is the life of a modern day artist ;).
>>
How to trigger a boomer
>Tell them facts
They literally cannot deal with reality, they're as bad as the epic deus vult europa imperium fags
>>
>>37148157
But you aren't though, that's the thing you don't understand
>>
Boomers are pretty old by now so just remind them of that.
>>
Lol just tell them how much of a succesful and happy person you are
By that i mean tell them you're a miserable faggot who will likely die from suicide yes they know it but just
>>
>>37148190
The only thing you don't understand is how much this piece of art makes me laugh.

Fuck off mate
>>
>>37148190
What are you talking about? Here's another art-piece to satisfy your hungering lust for pure awesomeness. This picture depicts a depressed black man feeding on his favourite fruit, the watermelon. This piece of art shows powerful emotions and how much life has taken its toll on this man's life.

est. value: 71.8 million dollars.
>>
File: art in its purest form.jpg (62KB, 763x646px) Image search: [Google]
art in its purest form.jpg
62KB, 763x646px
>>37148190
>>37148313
Woops forgot to link the supreme artwork
>>
>>37148324
>Too fucking stupid to attach file
>Expect us to take your opinions on art seriously
>>
>>37148337
Art is hard in this day and age anon. Don't hate on me for trying to convey such a difficult message with my artwork. You're probably not smart enough to understand my intelligent art anyways. Typical old people who only think landscapes or high detail portraits mean anything.

Well, back to making expressive and emotional art that will inspire people for aeons.
>>
File: art.jpg (670KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
art.jpg
670KB, 2048x1536px
>>37148337
Sculptor here. What do you think of my latest work?
>>
>>37148393
yes art is shit degenerate cuck DEUS VULT IMPERIUM XD PROTECT OUR WHITE RACE LOL
>>
you do realize that the artist doesn't 'sell' their artwork, they put them up for bid

it's not the artists fault people are paying these obscene amounts of money for them
>>
>>37144932
You didn't have to deal with millions of foreigners with inhumanly low standards competing for almost every job there is. You had it easy and had a lot of choice by being able to get hired on the spot if you weren't a psycho or retarded, and by having a solid financial groundwork setup by the war generations before you. I have to deal with the extreme financial irresponsibility and selfishness of your generation, while you sit on your fat arse and yap on about the good ol' days where you didn't have to do any real work and getting a job or girlfriend was as easy as saying hi, do you want coffee? and then "i love you" a month later.

Tell them they ruined the world for everyone else and are just proving their guilt whenever they keep blaming millennials, or saying that the world will be shit after you die because you left the world worse then when you entered it.
>>
>>37147937
There's millenias of actual art, and great art is still produced and shared away from (((money))). The dump certain people have been taking on beauty and excellence for the last hundred years will fade away as a small, irrelevant part of history when their own existence comes to an end, a demographic ineluctability.
>>
>>37148580
Yes brother deus vult! We must destroy (((them))) for the glory of europa haha its just like muh CK2 lol
>>
File: Sans titre.png (11KB, 824x1028px) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre.png
11KB, 824x1028px
>>37147666
I just conceived this masterpiece. Please buy it for 50 million euros.
>>
>>37148654
Yes art is only photos and landscapes DEUS VULT BROTHER PURGE THE SJWS MODERN ART EUROPA IMPERIUM DEUS VULT
>>
File: 5911c0d15bafe376620e68e8.jpg (121KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
5911c0d15bafe376620e68e8.jpg
121KB, 1024x576px
this is art

onigir
>>
File: modern_art_sold_for_bank_7.jpg (64KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
modern_art_sold_for_bank_7.jpg
64KB, 640x512px
this isn't

onogaro
>>
>>37148484
>God posting on 4chan
Wew
>>
>>37144932
Arent babyboomrmers like 100 years old by now
>>
>>37148665
Dude ok let's say 45 million because I like you. I spent at least 10 whole seconds on it you know. I can't go lower.
>>
>>37144932
Why would boomers be offended by anything 4chan does? We got Trump elected and that alone would make most them pop their first woody in decades. Because they were hippies in the 60s even though they've been hardcore Republicans since the 80s? Because the voters who made Brexit happen would hate paleoconservative website? Because the 3 presidents they've given us, Clinton, Bush, and Trump, all pursued strong deportation policies and saw blacks as superpredators?
>>
>how to trigger millenials
>say anything about art
They have to use that Graphic Media degree somehow

There's a reason we call them "Sandwich Artists"
>>
>>37148690
>>37148700
Moshi moshi bait desu
oreganoreoganonononaognoang
>>
>>37148736
Yes triggered millennial degenerate snowflake cucks lol lets send Milo this because its OUTRAGEOUS XD
>>
>>37148735
>We got Trump elected
When will this meme die
>>
>>37148736
As a millennial I really don't give a shit. We're pessimistic and self depreciating by nature. It takes more than that to get us down.
>>
>>37148793
4chan memed him into office and 4chan has always been conservative. We were as conservative in 07 as we are in 17 as old /n/ shows. People don't choose their politics based on what politicians do but on what politicians say. Really political parties are like sports teams and ideologies are just soda brand names.
>>37148705
1945-1964 although 1945-1959 is more reliable.

Baby boomers are in their mid 50s and early 70s. They've got about 25 years at life left and probably even more thanks to medical advances. Since old people hold most of the money and political power we'll be dealing with them until 2040. Then Gen X comes into power for some time before Millennials and then finally us Gen Z types in the late 21st century.
>>
>>37144932
>Say Vietnam was for profit
>Kennedy was a bad president.

Tie these together. Kennedy started the Vietnam war. Which he did. But JFK gets lauded as the 2nd coming since he got shot.

>The Beatles weren't that good a band.

They're fine, but they're JUST a big band from that era. No better or worse than shit today. The Beatles get hailed so highly because they're the bands of their childhood.

Future people are going to be all nostalgic about the best media ever, and it will just so happen to be the shit they grew up with.

I'm glad boomers are losing cultural relevance, since i'm sick of 60's and 70's shit being best music ever. But now we got Gen X wanking instead with Nirvana as best band ever.
>>
>>37147666

the idea of art isn't "what it's worth", it's "what people are willing to pay for it"

and most of the time, people are willing to pay for shit on a canvas, if it's a famous artist that did it
>>
>>37149173
>4chan has always been conservative. We were as conservative in 07 as we are in 17 as old /n/ shows
why do newfags try so hard to prove they aren't newfags and always fail? FYI: 4chan had always been more left and/or pro-anarchism than conservative until a couple of years ago.
>>
>>37144932
Pretty old guy here -- not a "boomer" but kind close to it.

>The Beatles weren't that good a band.
I consider them to be meh. Innovative for their time, but definitely not the epic band that many people idolize them as.

>Say Vietnam was for profit
Well duh.

>Kennedy was a bad president.
He was really good at giving people hope. But as we know from Obama, just because you give a lot of people hope doesn't necessarily mean that you'll be a good president. Kennedy was the first president who was totally beholden to the Military-Industrial-Intelligence complex, as, of course, all presidents after him were also. That's quite ironic, because the final thing that Kennedy's predecessor said was a stern warning to America that we were all in grave danger of exactly that happening.

>"I'm going to live at home forever."
I don't get this one. Boomers never said that. Boomers were by far the most mobile generation in history up to that point. Really, Boomers were the first generation who, en masse, decided to leave their home towns and concentrate in more urban areas -- effectively hollowing out a huge number of small and middle-sized America cities and turning them into ghost towns. Their mass migration behavior was the primary event that determined the evolution of American cities during the 20th century.
>>
>>37149173

>>37149295
I mean you aren't wrong but I would say 4chan is more politically contrarian than just left or right.

4chan in my eyes has always been the opposite of the flavour of the month, and since the left has been dominating politics in recent times the culture reflects that.
>>
>>37149551
>I'm going to live at home forever.
You're the one that's saying it anon. That's the point of it triggering them.
>>
>>37147291
>blue on a canvas
>art
>>
>>37149565
4chanians have always opposed the people who want to censor and limit everything. Back in 06-08 it was Jack Thompson and his ilk, now its the liberals. It doesnt really have anything to do with politics except that anons want to be able to express themselves without the thought police or the actual police showing up, or to see past freedoms and opportunities curtailed (see: piracy. Posting offensive things on the web)
>>
Friendly reminder that all that expensive art exists solely for the purpose of money laundering. If you actually pay any attention to what it looks like, you're missing the point. It's just a vehicle that rich people use to move money around and make it look legitimate.
>>
>>37145038
That's true though
oregano
>>
File: edgyaf.jpg (260KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
edgyaf.jpg
260KB, 1440x900px
>>37149645
xD gas le kikes race war now amirite anon? xDdd

deus vult! modern art sucks! lelelel
>>
>>37149764
He's right though you know
original
>>
>>37147037
Yes. Nothing but bluepilled as fuck songs about love up until they start doing drugs, then it's abstract art and songs representing, I don't know, cereal characters?
>>
File: autism helmet.jpg (356KB, 1600x1347px) Image search: [Google]
autism helmet.jpg
356KB, 1600x1347px
>>37149778
Just because you don't understand the artists' message doesn't mean modern art shouldn't be worth what it is.

Also you dropped this
>>
>>37147037
>>37149814
>it's another "le anybody could have done it" episode
Then why aren't you making """bluepilled""" music for shitloads of cash?

You fags are worse than robots who say they are talented/intelligent but too lazy to do anything
>>
>>37148309
fuckin destroyed him
>>
>a 40 million dollar ping pong table
>I could get a way better one than that for just a few hundred dollars
rich people are dum
>>
>>37147916
Relative to inflation, and costs of living, it's not bullshit. You're just an idiot
>>
>>37148393
I like that you managed to prove the art fag's point wrong AND make him look like a dipshit. Nicely done.
>>
>>37149815
That tin hat really spoke to me. The most beautiful piece of modern art I've ever seen. I'll take it for 57.8 million.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.