[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was given a full ride scholarship to an engineering college.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

I was given a full ride scholarship to an engineering college. And now I've failed my third consecutive semester after my dad saw thru my lie that I passed my finals.

He said to me that I am the greatest liar that he's even seen and that there must be something psychologically wrong with me. That I find every chance I get to personally fuck him over.

That aside, I've lost interest and carr in everything and I guess it shows. What should I do? I'm getting kicked out anyways.

> inb4 you're an asshole
>>
Bump.

One of you assholes respond, please
>>
Go see a shrink. There..are you happy now?
>>
>>37141035
No. What the fuck do I need a shrink for?
>>
there is no answer to the
>getting kicked out and got no prospects
meme

it's sink or swim time
or you can tread water as a vagrant maybe

or think of yourself as a bird in a nest because that's the only comparison normies use because they literally think they're birds
it's time to fly or die
>>
>>37141086
I guess you're right. My only real option is to join the air force.

(At this point I'm venting)

I can't believe I deluded myself into thinking I wanted engineering. And even worse, I deluded my family, the school, and my father that I was going to work hard and pass with flying colors. I have the ability. I always have. But I lose interest and hope.

My real interest is in language and writing. That stuff fascinates me to no end. To see myself going towards engineering is to see me sacrifice this entirely. One of my friends, and an uncle of mine, are in the field and their time is devoted to just engineering.

On top of this, maybe, I still cope with my mom's death. It's made me a complete pussy that doesn't take on any real challenge. I barely go out; my social life was at one point online, but now, I've ahut myself away from them too.

Ah, you don't care about my rambling anyway. I guess I'm just afraid
>>
>>37141055
You failed and you don't care that you failed. Messed up.
>>
File: 1492890654596.png (602KB, 641x646px) Image search: [Google]
1492890654596.png
602KB, 641x646px
>>37140930
Well I have no solution for you but I'm in a similar predicament.

I completely failed this past semester, didn't even bother to show up for finals. I only went to class for the first 3 weeks. Honestly, I don't know how I didn't let the guilt of lying eat me up.
Walking around campus pretending I'm doing something relevant to school, lying to family and everyone who asks how school is going.

The ultimate fuck up, which I have yet to be caught for, is that I faked my report card so my dad wouldn't find out.
It was pretty simple since my dad doesn't understand computers and the unofficial transcript came in pdf form.

I just photoshoped passing grades onto the pdf and opened it on my web browser, pasted the school url at the top and my dad believed me.

I have to drop out now or else my dad will realize I'm repeating the same classes/purchasing the same books.
>>
If it makes you feel better, I edited my grades when showing my father, too
>>
Well your problem is you're lazy and unmotivated. I guess live as a hobo for a while and see if that doesn't motivate you to do shit.
>>
>>37140930
Do you find it hard to not laugh at robots?
>>
>>37141195
>purchasing the same books
Why do you not keep the books if you fail the class?
>>
>>37141190
I'm used to failing in school. Done it since high school. Why show emotional investment anymore?
>>
>>37140930
>He said to me that I am the greatest liar that he's even seen and that there must be something psychologically wrong with me. That I find every chance I get to personally fuck him over.
Hes just angry at you and trying to manipluate you.
>>
>>37141257
Jokes on him because he's drinking right now to cope with my failure.

Of course he's angry. I was the one to manipulate him into believing that I was passing while doing nothing anyway.
>>
>>37141249
I rented them this year so I had to return them, purchase wasn't exactly the right word.
I'm gong to have to leave school and sign up for online classes, I think it would be easier to hide that way.

>>37141197
It does actually, how did you do it?
>>
>>37141315
most people would have lied in your situation
doesn't make it right just doesnt make you a pathological liar
>>
>>37141331
Inspect page/source in google chrome, pretty simple stuff.

It made/makes me feel like absolute shit. But at least that's over, dropping out of uni.
>>
>>37141170
>air force
>literally flying
ohyou.jpg

Language/Writing is a great hobby. If you get really serious with it, it can feel like you're messing around with assembly coding of the brain.
Social life is a tricky thing. Try not to beat yourself up about not having a social life, especially if you don't actually really want one.
If you're forced into some lame career as a matter of survival, don't fret. That's the way of the world.
>>
>>37141363
I did the exact same thing.
captcha: proplan moved
>>
>>37141380
Ha! Try saying that to him.

He says it won't get me anywhere. Says that if I was truly talented, I would've gotten formal recognition by now. The most I've gotten is a decent story on the SCP wiki. If I had devoted full time to writing maybe I will get somewhere. But how can one achieve 10,000 hours of mastery when he needs a paycheck to live in nyc, the most expensive fucking place?

I say airforce because I went to a high school that specialized in aircraft mechanics. I hated it, but at least I'd have an idea of what to do.

I just hate the idea of settling down into a career I don't want. I've been doing this for years already, between the aircraft technical high school and engineering college. But it seems like it's something my dad wants more than I do. He's an hvac mechanic, after all.
>>
Is university really this shit?
>>
You've got 3 options as far as I can see OP, select based on what you want out of life

1. pursue your passion for language at another school. you will probably go in to significant debt and there are probably not many good jobs at the end, your life will be hard financially but you'll be doing what you want

2. go in to some blue collar work that does not need a degree and pursue language yourself on the side. work will be hard but you'll be financially ok with no debt and livable wage

3. go full neet, live on welfare. your life will be shit but you'll never have to try at anything again

whichever path you choose you need to be really sure this time because once you start down one of these paths it's very hard to turn back
>>
>>37141393
Damn anon. But hey, you gotta do what you gotta do, am I right?

As an alternative to whatever your current plan is, I'll share mine; I'm going WWOOF-ing. You work 4-5 hours a day on a farm, in return get bed and food. No money involved, which means you can do it anywhere in the world. This way I'm travelling around USA and then Europe with little to no money. Basically only transportation costs are needed, which can even be waived if you hitchhike

What it is is living like a vagabond with the luxury of having a bed and food, for a few hours of work a day.

Idk just something to consider. It's good to have options
>>
>>37141472

also don't sweat what your dad said too much

you're probably not that good a liar, he just trusted you too much
>>
>>37141195
Holy shit. That's genius.

I do feel sorry for your dad anon. I can sympathize though. I know how fucked up it must feel for you.
>>
>>37141472
Hmm. I thank you for this time of need.

I'll tell my father my decision when he's back around.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.