[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Senior year of highchool is over >realize I've done

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

File: 1475991877841.png (491KB, 1832x2366px) Image search: [Google]
1475991877841.png
491KB, 1832x2366px
>Senior year of highchool is over
>realize I've done absolutely nothing of note these four years
>Never partied
>never hung out with friends
>never made contact with a female
>Wasted my youth on the internet
does college get better, robots?
>>
I'm going to miss high school. It was fun
>>
Depends on the college. Community/technical? Hell no
>>
>>37139876
Big State U
>>
haha don't worry anon. the misery has only started. you'll need a lot of escapism to wash away the coming years of loneliness.
>>
File: boil.png (279KB, 533x475px) Image search: [Google]
boil.png
279KB, 533x475px
I'm you from the future and I can only answer one question.
>does college get better, robots?
No.
>>
>>37139774
You haven't squandered your youth until you turn 30 have done none of these things. Trust me.

You should force yourself to seize some of those opportunities in college because I can tell you things just get worse after that if you haven't even begun to live.
>>
>>37139774
>Did all of those
>got bad grades
i know college is going to be horrible because im a brainlet
still goin tho.
>>
Same here except I made a friend in the end of the last year. We went to the beach with some of his friends and saw a glimpse of the normie life.

I took a sabbatical year and went full autism on self improvement. By the time I got into uni I had never fucked a girl or made any friends but I was so on fire that it was easy to make it. I made friends and found a qt gf.

It all fell apart quickly. I took things for granted. That was my biggest mistake. But the thing is, you can make it. It does not get better, but you have the power to make it.
>>
>>37139774
It got waaay worse for me. I was never popular in highschool but I had friends. In college I had nobody.

The best advice I can give:
The first year is absolutely crucial if you don't want to be alone another 4 years. Make friends with everyone you possibly can, even if you don't like them, they can lead you to people you actually like.
>>
>>37139774

College will only be better if you actively make it better. OP, don't do what I did. When I went off to college, I acted like the same recluse that I was in hs. Made 0 friends, of course no gf, and didn't get laid. Dropped out by the end of the semester.

I've since gotten laid, had a gf, and made some friends. But I'm now 20 and I seriously regret not doing shit in my teens but playing vidya games, watching netflix, and jerking off. IMPROVE YOURSELF NOW OP, DO NOT BE A FAGGOT.
>>
File: 1488596955771.gif (404KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
1488596955771.gif
404KB, 342x342px
>>37139774
Welcome to the party! The mental and emotional pain has only begun! I thought I was going to get a Master's but I'm dropping out after one year! :DDDD
>>
>>37140319
>already had sex and a gf by 20

Fuck off, you don't belong here
>>
>>37140159
Don't it will be horrible!

Go be an apprentice electrician or gasfitter or something. It's entirely men so there is barely any social games and you'll get to earn self confidence through hard work and competence in something real.

Also there is brotherly camraderie in the suffering of men in a hard days work. If you go to university it will just be like highschool 2.0
>>
>>37139774
>upset about no social life in high school

high school social life scene is 99% of the time absolute trash. college and onwards is much better. you didn't miss shit.
>>
File: 1477084015564.jpg (18KB, 600x238px) Image search: [Google]
1477084015564.jpg
18KB, 600x238px
>>37139774

I'm afraid the damage has already been done
>>
Never had friends in highschool either. Thought college would be the same. For the first few weeks I had no friends, didn't talk to anyone, and didn't even go to the freshman events. Then I started smoking cigs and made like 6 friends without even really talking to anyone. We would all talk while smoking cigs and eventually it led to us getting closer
>>
If you turn it around before 23 you have a fighting chance.
>>
>>37140447
Oh sorry my post must have been unclear, i know this warrants a "REEE NORMIE" response but i did hang out, party and waste my youth on the internet etc.
Kind of sustained a meme that i'm creative when i'm really not, so i'm doing a course relevant to that. Just hope that my autism developed during the later years of high school wont ruin me at uni, and also being retarded.
>>
>>37140319
>20 years old
>Life is a continuation of those years
>Still haven't attended college, and probably never will

I've seen too much. I wish I could feel regret.
>>
I bet it feels good to be a complete loser
right op?
>>
>>37139774
come on OP, it could be worse, you could live in a shithole or something like that. Loneliness can be dealt with if you've got the guts to do so, although i gotta say, it's sorta tough thus far

i am assuming you're at least a burger.
>>
>>37139829
I hope you get burned alive.

>>37139774
Same here, OP. Should I go on the senior trip? I don't have any friends. I might try to commit suicide at Six Flags and ruin everybody's fun.
>>
File: 1495148433968.jpg (21KB, 312x345px) Image search: [Google]
1495148433968.jpg
21KB, 312x345px
>>37139774
>tfw guidance counselor told me I'll be fucked with my 2.4 GPA and am better off justngoingnto be an infantry man in the army

T-thanks
>>
Got into my school last year with a 2.5 lol. Apparently they moved the requirement to a 3.25 this year though lol I see a lot of schools doing this.
>>
File: IMG_9708.jpg (209KB, 800x705px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9708.jpg
209KB, 800x705px
>>37142259
>got a 3.8 unweighted, 4.5 weighted
>job market is absolute shit and overly competitive in any jobs I'm interested in
>just joining the military instead (officer)
even non-brainlets are getting fucked
>>
>>37140490
Closer to death, you mean?
>>
>>37142495
I've quit at this point but yes
>>
Being social in uni is wayyy more difficult than HS, at least at my school. Especially as an engineering major, 90% of people are fucking spergs, it doesn't help when you're fugly either :(

It's gonna take work OP, but you can do it. Be social in college, improve yourself now for best odds.
>>
>>37143098
Is this really true? I locked myself away in my room and somehow the people in my dorm were persistent enough to not leave me alone. Worked eventually.
>>
>>37139774
Kek. Literally me. I only have one friend the I talk to from high school. I hope you're first year is better then how nice went. I literally did nothing but watch kino and play some vidya all year. I don't know what I'll do next semester. I don't want stay home but I also want a fresh start.
>>
File: 1494351651990.jpg (26KB, 600x668px) Image search: [Google]
1494351651990.jpg
26KB, 600x668px
>>37139774
It honestly depends on the person. I had a pretty great time in high school, with senior year being the best year of my life. I had normie friends I had known since I was a kid and we had a great time together, they were always sympathetic to my social retardation and helped me. I feel comfortable talking to people I know, but I have trouble initiating conversation and talking to people that I don't know well. My friends helped me through this and were always inclusive, and for that, I am incredibly lucky, as they helped me have the greatest year of my life.

Once I went off to college, I didn't have them to help me mingle with people. My social retardation took over and I was basically alone the whole time. I made a few friends, but not many, and most of them I wasn't particularly close with. I didn't get laid at all as I expected to, and I knew virtually zero girls. I didn't join any clubs and I rarely mingled with other people. It was pretty horrible for me when I first went, as I had high expectations, none of which fell through. I constantly kept reminiscing (and still frequently do) about my senior year, and I kept comparing it to my overall shitty college experience and it was torturous. I'm much closer with people I knew from high school than I am people in college, but some people are just like that.

I'm now 21, and going into my last year of uni. I somewhat feel the same way about college as you do about high school. I feel as though I made no lasting relationships and friendships like most people do, and it was a generally shitty, boring experience that I, for the most part, despised. I'm almost done, and I'm hoping things will get better once I get my finance-related wagecuck job, but I still feel as though I missed out. My advice to you, young anon, is to join clubs. I know it sounds like a meme, but it actually works to a good extent. I have faith in you anon, college will probably be fun for you.
>>
I've used YikYak to have a social life for the past two years at uni.

Now that yak is kill I don't know how the fuck to meet people.
>>
>>37143514
>I'm hoping things will get better once I get my finance-related wagecuck job,h
You're hoping you'll meet more people when all you do is work at the same place with the same people every day?
haha. Sorry man, you missed out on one of the biggest opportunities to meet people.

But at least you still have youth on your side. You could go backpacking. Join a comminity club and meet other young people. Hey, if you have at least one friend you could go out clubbing and meet random people who you won't form a very deep bond with.
>>
>>37143182
How long did it take? I went to engineering school too and I had literally zero friends. Granted I spent all my time on 4chan, but 'eventually' never came.
>>
>>37139774
in second year of clg...have 0 zero frnds...dont go to clg...sleep all day then play lol all night with some guild wars 2...
>>
File: 1494775334520.jpg (15KB, 279x273px) Image search: [Google]
1494775334520.jpg
15KB, 279x273px
>>37139774
No. I am in a "party" college. 1 year left and still never partied. The worse part is I have nothing to show for it. My GPA is 2.4
>>
>>37143611
They would knock on my door almost everyday if there was something going on. I would usually pretend I wasn't in the room or say I had homework. It lasted for about 3 weeks before I started panicking over what they would think of me if I kept making shit excuses so I decided to go to a football game and it was actually bearable lmao.
>>
>>37143581
>You're hoping you'll meet more people when all you do is work at the same place with the same people every day?
Not entirely that, just moving out on my own, having enough money to live somewhere with tons of other people my age instead of my tiny, boring hometown. I'm hoping to live in New York or Seattle or some other city with young people all over.

I'm not a virgin, having found my first and still only girlfriend through complete dumb luck when I was 17. She actually approached me, and if she hadn't have done that, I'd be a virgin til this day, and if it weren't for my friends, I would've fucked it up.

>You could go backpacking. Join a comminity club and meet other young people. Hey, if you have at least one friend you could go out clubbing and meet random people who you won't form a very deep bond with.
I plan on doing that as well. I asked my parents if I could take a couple months off after school to do something cool and they're very supportive of it.

All in all, I feel some hope for the future. Once I have my relatively high-paying wagecuck job and I'm living where I want and on my own with tons of cash, I'll be able to frequent the places where the young people are more than I am now.
>>
Can someone tell me if I should go to community college or live on campus at a uni?
I am going for computer science/IT.
>>
What makes you think you're gonna suddenly wake up on the first day of college and be be type of person who does those things, if you spent 4 years of high school NOT doing them..?
>>
>>37143799
If you want friends, real college. If you want to not have debt the rest of your life, community college. You can always meet people online, but that debt isn't so easily dealt with.
>>
>>37143799
See if your credits from the CC will transfer. Do the first couple years there, then switch to the uni and finish there with the same degree for half the cost
>>
>>37139774

It's all down hill from now anon. Don't even attempt college.
>>
>>37143895
Thank you and I already know my cc transfers to the college I want to attend.
>>37143869
>>
No. I've wasted 3 years at college on the internet so far. Looking back, my only positive memories from the last 7 years are particularly funny internet bullshit. Probably kms soon.
>>
>>37139774
College gets better if you actually try to make it better.

Join some clubs, rush a fraternity, attend parties/events (there's one practically every day), and just try talking to people. It's literally the easiest platform to have a social life as compared to the work world.

I would also recommend if you have the cash, to try live on campus in a dorm. Leave your door open and people will come talk to you themselves.

Don't make the same mistake I did and pretend to be in it for le good grades. Being social means you're networking, which is arguably more important than getting top grades.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.