[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey I'm kind of a normie. I know yall are good people who

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

Hey I'm kind of a normie. I know yall are good people who might be going through hard times right now and I'd like to offer some advice if yall are willing to ask.

We can also just talk about stuff I'm working on being a more personable and inquisitive person

Have a lovely day

Pic unrelated it's the first image I could find that's less than 2mb
>>
>>37129503
1. You probably have a vagina
2. You overuse y'all

But I won't be a complete asshole so what do you want to talk about. Baseball? Video games? Current events? Good food?
>>
I am far more intelligent than most people I meet, and interacting with them is almost always frustrating.

Also, I cannot discuss this with anybody without them thinking I'm an arrogant cunt.
>>
>>37129569

I like 'yall' a lot because it's a one syllable plural you. It's efficient.

I surprisingly do not have a vagina. I do appreciate your engagement, I'm actually kind of nervous about doing this cuz I am not sure how I'll handle it, but I'm curious.

Video games are always good. I've gotten into Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ and I'm having a great time with it. I looked through old versions of the game and I'm really impressed with how far it has come, it used to look, honestly, almost poorly made.

There's a real dope article on the themes of the game that are apparently pretty close to what Edmund McMillen had in mind. http://www.twinfinite.net/2012/10/01/big-sloppy-slomper-chompers/

I love me some lore. I also love talking about dark souls and stuff.

Also, how are you doing, how's life?
>>
>>37129739
I'm going good man. Don't worry about socializing, nervousness gets things awkward, just chill and throw back ideas or things you think the other person would like.

Binding of Isaac was a good game but I never got too far in it. Really difficult title. Played a lot of Fallout 1 and 2 here recently in between watching games for this baseball season. That's a pretty good article btw. Always knew the plot was Isaac being dead in hell cause of his mom.

As far as life, just finished my college courses and this girl popped into my life that I used to like but I'm not sure I should really get involved with her cause I'm really enjoying being single, desu
>>
>>37129720
Word, that definitely sucks. It's actually something you can practice, I'm pretty sure. I'd do it by being more conscious of my tone, for starters. Sometimes habits like that require a lot of conscious effort and there isn't an easy way around it.

And also comparing yourself to others is unfortunately the gateway to misery. I frequently find myself thinking I'm superior to others for no real reason. I also have a weird habit of just getting mad at people because of how their face looks. I don't know what that's about.

You could approach it from the idea of possibly being able to educate them? Good patience is key, there. What are your thoughts? I realize that sounds super new age-y. It might be more accurate to say that your personality is composed, at least partly, of all your instinctual social responses. So, if you can ingrain a different instinct, that one slowly becomes your default. That sounds kinda right, thoughts?

Also, whatcha smart at? Do you write or do math or code, solid entrepreneur? Are you more philosophically inclined? I'm actually shifting away from my STEM life to pursue philosophy because programming makes me sad.
>>
>>37129813
Yeah, I'm trying real hard to get comfy outside of my comfort zone,i figured this would be a weird but potentially fun way to start. I don't often throw ideas out onto the Internet that are likely to be deconstructed because being wrong makes me sad sometimes.

I've never actually played fallout 1 or 2,i played 3, kinda new Vegas, and even less of four. Binding of Isaac is difficult but I love those games that you have to learn. I play a lot of smash Bros so that's something I've been doing. Tryna get competitive so I can get used to losing gracefully.

Being single is p great, though I'm currently in a relationship. But, a good relationship gives you room to still consciously work on yourself. I just passed my four month with a girl who I feel so comfortable around, and I don't feel like I need to stick around ALL the time. I can do my own thing and we're both supportive and it's lovely. Self care that comes from having all that time to yourself is really amazing and if you're unsure it may be in your best interest to keep doing you, no point in half assing a relationship. Yeah, you used to like her, but you're not obligated to still like her. It'll be worse for a potential relationship if shit gets forced.
>>
>>37129503
Greetings fellow normalfag. I don't have any questions, but I hope your day goes well.
>>
>>37129953
You do have a point about shit getting forced.

Also, you shouldn't always be upset when someone you don't know tries to deride your ideas. You could, very easily, be correct while they're just being a contrarian. Gotta get that thick skin my dude.

Yeah she came back to me after "falling for me", ending it abruptly, and feeling she "made a mistake" by chasing some dude who ended up being an abusive PoS. But I mean that's not exactly my fault she made those decisions so I'm not exactly eager to have anything to do with her.

Being a robot sucks senpai.

P.S. there are so many hidden references in fallout 3 that allude to fallout 1 and 2 characters. I also learned that the Deathclaw is a mutated Jackson Chameleon by playing the originals.
>>
>>37130073
Hey, thanks, you too!

>>37130075
Yep, no better place to build a thick skin than here, I suppose. Mm, she might be feeling some regret and she may not entirely actually be in to you. Not to suggest you're not wonderful, but perhaps shes just acting too fast? More time for her to separate herself from that douche would probably help you both out in figuring out all the little pieces. If it was abusive I would definitely give her time to process this, depending on how close together these events were.

I actually read about that, yeah! Yao guai were mutated black bears, too. That game is really well thought out, Bethesda is pretty great at world building, though some other components leave something to be desired
>>
>>37130149
Well Bethesda spent a lot of time recreating the world Interplay designed (original Fallout was made by Interplay) and they did a really good job getting everything on point.

As for that chick I think I'm stuck between lingering emotions and not caring anymore. Women, in general, just don't feel like they're worth the concerted effort.
>>
I really need some advice now..

Gf dropped me.
>diagnosed depression
>diagnosed panic syndrome
>literally 24h/day alone
>having normal conversation takes all my energy and mental effort

The fuck do I do
>>
>>37130186
Also INTJ, this is my first post in months.
I didn't think I would fit here because I had a gf.
>>
>>37130186
Netflix n chill

Without getting the mute
>>
>>37130186
Got a therapist? You should definitely see someone. It'll also help with that draining feeling about conversation. You can improve that if you do a little bit at a time.

Go for walks, too! Even if it's just around the block. Sun is good for the soul and so is walking. Stanford found a correlation between walking and creative output. Walking to places where you can be around people might also help, bit by bit, with the conversation.

A good intersection would be to treat yourself to solo meals at restaurants. Simple interactions with servers and a chance to show yourself that you're worth taking care of.

I don't have depression, but I know that makes even simple things, such as what I have suggested, difficult. I believe in you anon, I do.

Mind if I ask why you guys broke up?
>>
>>37130179
Ooh, do you think they did the world justice? Did they miss anything?

I would probably let those emotions go, in that case, and not pursue her. Going into a relationship with the idea that women are effort isn't the best plan. Good relationships are a team effort, and you do the things that build a good relationship are seen more as investing in your future with her, rather than work. Work never ends, but gardens bear fruit. Or something. That doesn't make much sense.

But, point is, you should also consider how you feel about women, that'll definitely hold you back in your relationships, because no one wants their SO to think that they're high maintenance or a job to be done. Like, your comment about how I likely have a vagina serves what purpose? Why do you bring it up? I don't mean to deride you, but I'm encouraging introspection, also v gud for the soul.
>>
Dude fuck you arbys sounds so fucking good right now
>>
>>37130258
Then you would likely appreciate the methodical approach to getting yourself back out there. Take it one step at a time, anon. You got this.

I have a gf, I'm still here. I still browse now and again because I learned a lot about myself from this board and I'd like to give back. A gf doesn't mean you're not a robot, a gf just means that there is someone who loves that you're a robot. Or whoever/whatever you are.
>>
>>37130419
Sorry, dude. I've never actually been there I've heard the food is hit or miss, I guess you feel differently? What do they have that you would recommend?
>>
>>37130375
I probably bring it up because most of the women in my life, family or relationship wise, have just been awful people who use and abuse indiscriminately. Like the girl who tossed me to the side cause I didn't look as appealing as I do now after she had her fill of "adventure". I've become dulled by the fact that most personal interactions I've had with women were negative and the one of the few that I truly enjoy decided to stab me in the back. I may just be permanently damaged by women and remain celibate. Hard to believe there are good women out there when you've been financially, and otherwise, screwed by many women. And I'm really tired of them coming back to me and asking for forgiveness. It gets old.

Also, they did the world of fallout justice. The environment was lazy though. Whoever designed the environment clearly didn't care to be meticulous. The main thing they missed was the main story being shorter than short. That's about all they did wrong.

You're a good dude, btw.
>>
>>37130282
Thank you, but I have no money because I got fired from my job, I live alone and bills are going to be a problem.

We broke up because I was isolating myself too much, but I can't control it, I guess my depression got serious.

I am going for a walk right now, you really helped me, thank you anon.

>>37130420
So good to read this, this is my highest point of this month, thank you.
>>
>>37130553
Yeah, I can totally see how that'll mess you up. But, I'm sure you know that doesn't have to stay that way. I'd honestly recommend conquering that, there doesn't seem to be much point to holding onto your anger or fear or whatever combination of emotions you may experience.

Thank you! You too, seem like a good dude, and I believe that you can conquer that and be an even gooder dude. Parental and childhood influences are crazy hard to escape, I'm working through my feelings with a somewhat overbearing mom that frequently left me feeling inadequate. But the struggle is definitely worth it!

I'd wish you luck, but you don't need it!
>>
>>37130870
You're nice senpai have a good day
>>
>>37130443
Bruh the roastie beef n cheddar sandwich is god tier and its cheap. Add some curly fries and the horsey sauce (its like mild creamy horseradish mayo) and a root beer and just...JESUS CHRIST i need muh arbys.
>>
>>37130757
Hmm. That's where my experience falls apart, unfortunately. But maybe some things to look into might be unemployment, food stamps, simple temp jobs with some interaction but not too much or too little, maybe? I'm sure you're gonna figure it out, I believe in you, anon.

Enjoy your walk!

>>37130908
Thank you, and thanks for stopping by! Have a beautiful day!

>>37130929
Dude I fuckin love roast beef that sounds amazing. I'm gonna get that shit as soon as I can. My classes just ended so I have time to treat myself to the wonderful things in life.

Thank you for the recommendation!
>>
>>37130186
Kill yourself immediately you fucking parasitic normaIfaggot
>>
>>37130757
Oh yeah, and make sure to keep walking, even once you feel better! It's somewhat analogous to antidepressants, where you still gotta keep taking them even if you feel good because it's the consistency that is key!
>>
>>37131297

Why you gotta be like that, dude? He's doing his best to figure it all out, just like the rest of us.
>>
>>37129569
>Fucking normie didn't even greentext
>probably 14
Please leave this board
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.