[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Oi mate! Good to see ya on site! >We got a busy day today

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

File: images (69).jpg (29KB, 511x288px) Image search: [Google]
images (69).jpg
29KB, 511x288px
>Oi mate! Good to see ya on site!
>We got a busy day today so lets crack on. Smokos for an hour than back to work.
>>
>>37122932
shut the fuck up and enjoy ur skin cancer u aussie faggots
>>
>>37122932
>Grew up a video games and books kid
>I'll never have the physique for construction

feels bad
>>
>>37122932
yeah m8 this is a dardy fuckin house aye

>>37122992
Oi don't be a dog cunt
>>
I would rather just kill myself than be a tradie

they all seem like a horde of mindless clones that have battery packs powered by iced coffee, winnie blues and shitty mix radio music that they blast from whatever audio source they can find because god forbid you lay down some bricks without blasting the hottest hit of 2002 at the 120 decibels
>>
>>37122932
>smokos for an hour
Lmao what the fuck
Tell me construction workers don't get an hour long smoko
>>
>>37123086
they don't but it usually goes on for that long, if you're on a big site nobodies really watching what you're doing especially not your boss/supervisor. We usually do half a days work and just sit around for the rest, cruisy as fuck.
>>
File: asiaticdraculaturk.jpg (118KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
asiaticdraculaturk.jpg
118KB, 1200x900px
>>37123086
If you count them leaning on their stoops/walls, it's about right.

I have seen modern housing take a lot longer to construct as of recently, it seems the tradies are getting lazier.
>>
>>37122932
In real life, they'd all likely be on meth or their kid's ADHD medication.

>>37123086
>Tell me construction workers don't get an hour long smoko
Well we're not supposed to.
But we do.
>>
>>37122932
Any you fags actually tradies? I am looking to go into an apprentiship. I have always lived a pretty sedentary lifestyle so I am a rake with no construction experience. Can I make it?
>>
>>37123566
most trades require a fair degree of physical fitness especially since you're going to be the apprentice so you're going to get all the shit jobs and carrying heavy stuff all the time. If you don't wanna deal with uni getting into a trade is a great career choice probably even better than most degrees since there's so much work available even more so once you get licensed, go for it.
>>
>>37123566
sure, have to be sort of strong willed to make it in the long run. independant is good too. its good to ask questions just NOT stupid ones. nobody likes an idiot
>>
>>37123593
Should I still go straight into it or just bum around in a shit job and workout for a bit? I am going into electrical work if that makes a difference.
>>
>>37123596
If I can stick it out and do what I am told I will be okay?
>>
>>37123604
No need to work out before desu. You don't need to be strong or fit to do physical labor, it's just a matter of getting used to the lifting techniques at your workplace. I'm strong as fuck from lifting for years but when I start a new job it just tires me out more from lifting correctly for strength training/bodybuilding, uses my muscles up too quick instead of doing the work in the most efficient cheat-y way. Skinny guys can do it just fine if you have the willpower to make it through the first week which can be very painful depending on what kind of job it is
>>
>>37123645
Thank you this is encouraging. They will teach me all this stuff? and will they take into account that I am obviously skinny as fuck. What trade do you work in or have worked in?
>>
working with a labour company made me hate new zealand even more
fuck off with your smokos
>>
>>37123687
>They will teach me all this stuff?
Depends on the guys there, usually there will be at least a couple of guys who like giving advice to the new guys. Also a lot of jobs like this have a training day/week beforehand if there's anything important you need to know. But generally no one gives a shit, and you just need to figure it out yourself and not fuck up. Which isn't that difficult really, you just have to figure stuff out the hard way and learning your lessons as you do the work. Just watch the other guys, if you see them dragging something across the floor instead of carrying it, they're doing it for a reason, if you see them using momentum to throw something up somewhere, they're doing it for a reason.

I've done a lot of different types of unskilled manual labor, warehouse stuff, cars, general construction/demolition
>>
>>37122932
Is this an aussie cunt thread?
>>
>>37122932

Who here /gyprocker/
>>
>>37123687
i was a welder, now a carpenter. electricians have it easy. i see them fiddling with cables all day long. by far not the worst or hardest job. its pretty comfy. At first show small initiative and follow orders. first 2 months work hard and dont let them see you as the lazy one. the longer you last, the easier it gets in many ways. with time jobs become so much easier and you take bigger breaks. coffee is god. also be friendly and respectful to everyone in construction site and they might help you when you least expect it
>>
>>37123688

Are you a New Zealander? Where in NZ? Tell us what it was about working with a labour company that made you hate New Zealand, please.
>>
>>37123687
>>37123776
Yeah guys like this pretty universally respect hard workers, don't get salty if you see the veterans/superiors standing around more than you do, they know their shit and generally get their stuff done as needed and they've slaved away the way you do in the past, that's just how it works
>>
>>37123735
Thanks for the advice mate. I will try and keep all this in the back of my head. Should I try and make friends with them or just treat it like this is a job and i am here for work.
>>
>>37123776
What is their manual labour load like compared to other trades like welding or carpentry? Can't wait to succumb to the caffeine jew.
>>
>>37123776

I'm sick of sparkies and their fucking bullshit. When I walk into a room that needs to be sheeted, and there's a fucking spiderweb of cables and cords, I curse their whole fucking trade.
>>
>>37123947
As a sparky should I expect bants from other trades?
>>
>>37123604
>>37123687
Yeah I'm in electrical, it's definitely a lot easier if you're fit but not necessarily a requirement, I hope you like sweating it out in the roof cos that's gonna be the shittest part of it. They'll teach you everything, just make sure you listen, don't cut corners and think before you do everything small mistakes make big differences in electrical, learn how to do something properly, then learn how to do it fast and you'll impress people.
>>37123776
get fucked, literally everyone I've ever met says this, yeah its easier than something shit like roof tiling or carpentry but you don't just get to be lazy there are some really fucked jobs you can have to deal with especially if you're working under time constraints, cunt's expect miracles from electricians.

>>37123947
I am deeply sorry for all the holes I make that you have to fix. but also some of you niggers put the cable in the wrong spot and I have to go through hell finding it or re running it.
>>
>>37123908

Not him, but absolutely try to become mates with them. One of the major benefits of working a trade is the relationships you form at work. There's almost zero hierarchy bullshit, so if you do your job well, or at the very least don't fuck up, you'll actually enjoy your work. Site banter is god tier.
>>
>>37123959

Yeah, but at least you'll be respected by everyone to a certain extent. Your work looks like a massive fiddley headache to everyone on site.
>>
>>37123968
I will get fit on the job then I guess. Is that or crawling in roof spaces worse? I learn things alright if I am shown how to do it as well as an explanation.
>>
>>37123968

Yeah, sorry about that. I've seen people on site just sheet over several feet of cable without even marking out their vague position. I'm gonna make sure everyone cuts holes into their sheets and pull though the cables tomorrow.

I've got a mate who just cuts every cable he comes across with his tin-snips, because he's a ruthless cunt who only cares about his job, and no one else's. Is that something you've had to deal with before? I dunno if this is a semi-common elsewhere, but if so it'd be a nightmare for sparkles.
>>
>>37123973
Is it easy to befriend other tradies?
>>
File: external.jpg (29KB, 649x365px) Image search: [Google]
external.jpg
29KB, 649x365px
>You cut these boards too fucking short! Go to Bazza and get the board stretcher and some barbasol paint and fix this shit up!
>>
Oh look, a bunch of uncultured wageslaves slaving away to build Mr Lings new house. No time for breaks wagies, tick tock.
>>
>>37123620
literally just turn up to work on time and don't make the same mistake twice and you will be golden
>>
>>37124117
Go up in the roof space in your house right now and try and find a light and see where its switched from its good practice and you'll see how much it fuckin sucks
>>37124126
I deal with that on a regular basis from pretty much all other trades, it drives me insane. We go to lengths (well the good tradies do) to stay out of the way of gyprocking due to rogue tradies such as your mate. But people don't understand sometimes there's just no other way, I've probably screwed over another trade abnout as many times as they've screwed me over so i'd say it works out even.
>>
>tfw you team up with the coke fiend and blast some ace tuneage and go crazy hard together
>>
>>37124117
also they usually show it to you but you won't understand the explanations at first just pay attention on how to do things correctly and always ask if you're unsure, after a while you'll get the basic idea of what to do and you'll work out a routine for every rough in and fit off you do. As long as you show that you're trying your best no one will blame you for making mistakes just don't half ass a job and leave it hoping no one will notice because they will and you will get in trouble for it.
>>
When you rock up on side and some old tradie has it set to 4TO FM so you have to hear this every five minutes.

https://omny.fm/shows/pricey-for-breakfast/pricey-for-breakfast-song
>>
Yeah cheers cunt, me and the qts will be in the office, fix the lights why don't you? We just need to finish this conversation about how we all support a living wage for McDonald's robots.
>>
>>37122932
Wanna crack open a cold one with the boys after work!
>>
>>37123452
You fuckers I knew that's why everything sits around for months unfinished?
>>
File: 1396001892934.jpg (1MB, 750x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1396001892934.jpg
1MB, 750x2000px
>>37124351
Why wait till after, mate? I got a few tallies with me in the ute.
>>
>>37124219
Oi yeah nah, look there was a delay in getting the truss delivered so we're going to have to wait till Monday, all good though i'm still getting $50/hr overtime and burying broken pipe and palette strapping in the garden.
>>
>>37123452
Ha. That's why construction drags on so long.
>>
>>37124368
>>37124386
hey it's not just us, half the time the roof trusses aren't on so we can't start a house or the bricks aren't finished so we cant drill out exterior lights and power outlets. It's a collection of laziness, what happens most of the time is that the houses stay 90% finished and all the shit leftover jobs get dragged out for ages cos no one wants to do them. Also we get timed too if a house is getting sheeted or insulated on a date we have to get done by then so if we're ahead of schedule of course we're gonna cruise a bit. The reason it takes so long is mostly poor management blame the supervisors they fuck up booking trades on time so often, or they'll book us in when the tilers/painters are there so we literally can't do anything.
>>
who /painter/ here? I get to listen to what ever I want to on my phone all day, you can get through a phenomenal amount of books when you're at work and they're the best thing you have to focus on
>>
>>37123060
i worked as a labourer of summer. this is very true
>>
>>37123687
I've done some asphalting before, which I would say is one of the hardest manual labour jobs both in terms of physical exertion + the knowledge you need to be a foreman or some shit. Just don't be late, don't fuck around (but participate if its a jovial mood), and like someone else said, don't let them see you as the lazy one, but you can probably relax a bit after you've settle into the team/routine. Your build won't matter, I'm 6'0 75kg, my mate was like 65kg, I've worked with a former NRL reserve player who couldn't shovel as much as me. It's all about technique, and you need a strong mind to make it through the first few days/weeks. Once it's a routine it's fun in a way, good luck
>>
How much do sparkies get paid?

I have some cousins that ran their own electrician's business. Some of them were electrical engineers who got into being electricians just because it paid more in our region (no good EE jobs except in car factories here). They did pretty well but I'm not sure if it was just because they lived in bumfuck nowhere where everything was cheap as shit

t. American
>>
File: mikeNolan.jpg (13KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
mikeNolan.jpg
13KB, 318x159px
>>37127640
Fuckin shitloads cunt

plus you don't wreck your back like in most of the others so you can keep goin for years.

be a good sparky and i've heard one guy get up to 200k
>>
>>37127759
most get around 120k from what I heard btw
>>
>>37123013
Yeah because you can never hit the gym apparently. I grew up an honors kid and I'm fit
>>
>>37122932

>Smoking for an entire fucking hour.

Can you just not fire people in ausfaggia or something? The last time I took more than 2 five minute smoke breaks I started getting dark looks off people who - to be fair - I was utilizing as cover for my smoke breaks.
>>
File: 1387365927041.jpg (110KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1387365927041.jpg
110KB, 640x427px
>Mfw I am an estimator and Junior Project manager for a commercial builder in Sydney and I get to boss tradies around all day to get me quotes to tenders and to make them do whatever I want on site.

Feels like a power trip m8
>>
>>37127869
You also probably look like a loser desperate for power m8
>>
>>37127759
>be a good sparky and i've heard one guy get up to 200k

Can confirm. Those bricklayers easily get paid the highest overall.

If you are a skilled brick layer you will easily outearn another skilled person of another trade.
>>
File: 1462798008770.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1462798008770.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>37127892
Butthurt tradie with a bad back who has quoted 100 tenders but won zero detected,

But you regret not getting that construction management degree now m8 TOP KEK
>>
>>37127908
Yeah defs. I was talking to my dad about it. Apparently a hundred years ago people had to actually be properly skilled to be a brick layer. Now any whack job can do it. Anyway he got a brick arch out the front of his house, but he had to do it himself since almost none of them now know how to do it.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.