[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your life goal /r9k/ ? What would make all your suffering

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_20170518_023524.jpg (142KB, 1280x838px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170518_023524.jpg
142KB, 1280x838px
What is your life goal /r9k/ ?
What would make all your suffering worth it,and make your death have meaning?
>>
travel the world. alone.
>>
File: IMG_20170514_052504.jpg (69KB, 960x904px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170514_052504.jpg
69KB, 960x904px
I want to build a rec center next to my old neighborhood and hold job fairs,and debates there so that the kids in that neighborhood will be less likely to sell drugs and end up in prison like my older brother.
I want these kids to grow up with a family and community that loves and cares for them for more than just a bigger number on their welfare check.
No one should ever have to experience the pain of not having a father and mother that loved you unconditionally!!!

Also it would have my name on it which would be sweet.(i am white but grew up in low income housing)
>>
Move to France, become a French citizen, (pipe dream mode) get a French gf/wife, just travel all over Europe and take it all in.
>>
Finally graduate college debt free and spend the next few years hiking in solitude and reading philosophy. Finally sacrifice my life to save a stranger and inspire them to live life to the fullest
>>
Shallow version: score massive amounts of international pussy

Long version: carve out a name for myself and reach a point where I can actually say i was successful and mean it.
>>
>>37122329
Nothing will ever make my life have meaning.
Maybe ill be the first person to overdose on weed, that should be a good way to go.
>>
>>37122606
What do you deem successful?
Think about how much your parents make,your cousins,your brother and or sister,and find goal figures.
Get the income stats of everyone in your family you care about and find the average, minimum,and maximum.

If you Make 40k a year
Say i make more then 60% of my family etc...
>>
>>37122427
spoiler alert: the world is gay
>>
To be a highly competent programmer, meet like-minded individuals at university, grow a bond, grow our talents, form a CTF team, compete in DefCon, win DefCon, each get offers from various fortune 500 companies, each accept said offers but keep in touch, knowing what we've accomplished and how far we've come.

Then spend the rest of my life on a six figure salary as a security analyst.
>>
>>37122675
I would say success to me is reaching a point where the daily bullshit no longer applies to you. Everything in your life isn't perfect but it's doable and fits nicely in place. Ultimate mental comfort and physical stability is success to me.
>>
>>37122673
Pretend life has a meaning for a second.
If it has a meaning then everything happened for a reason.
If that is true everything you have been through was a test to see what you were put here for.
What have you suffered from and how has it made you stronger?
>>
>lose weight
>visit the beach
>own seaside home
>hydraulic engineering
>write my own philosophy
>live off bank interest
>become isolated
>eat Pringles
>>
Short term, move in with my boyfriend who lives in another state so I can make him tea and feed him, and other misc gay lovey shit because he's a wonderful man and deserves the world.

Long term, get married and have a kid without dying since I have a shopping list of health issues. I want a little buddy to play vidya with.

My goals are pretty simple
>>
live life on the edge do extreme and dangerous shit
or like the other anon said carve out a name for myself
>>
>>37122720
That is very doable.
Who in your family lives like that.
Figure out how much,and see what jobs you can get to achieve that.
>>
>>37122580
If you wanted to bring your goal out of the pipe dream phase you could try joining the French foreign legion. When you enlist they take your old passport from you (as long as Interpol aren't looking for you) and when you finish your tour of duty they will either give you your old identity back or offer you a brand new French identity. The only downside is that the minimum enlistment is 8 years and since its inception one out of every ten ffl has died in combat.
>>
>>37122747
You sound like my gbf but he is in the same state so that was close
>>
>>37122747
>move in with my boyfriend
Buy your own house for fucks sake
>>
>>37122777
Yeah I've heard as such but I'd rather just do my five years as an expat than even try that out.
>>
I want to live out my days in a monastery.
If I don't I will never find peace.
>>
>>37122432
you're like the opposite of me man. i grew up in poor foster care all my life and i've always resented poor people. strange how somewhere along the way someone's view can do a complete 180 with just a specific alternate circumstance
>>
>>37122851
Do you want the kids that grow up in your Foster house to live better lives?
I understand most poor people are just lazy,but their kids deserve better than to see theur mom spend the welfare check on expensive shoes
>>
File: 1481858874508.jpg (1MB, 2310x1781px) Image search: [Google]
1481858874508.jpg
1MB, 2310x1781px
I don't have goals anymore. All I want is a small room and a way to provide simple pleasures and luxuries in my life. I don't want to leave a legacy, I am scared of existing too long.

I wanted to be an astronaut as a kid though. Specifically the first man on Mars, although saying the first words is too much pressure.
>>
>>37122944
i've just become jaded. i lived in a shithole for so long and always had to deal with shit people. I've seen a starting community go to shit because of the community itself. poor people do not care and they destroy every handout that is given to them
>>
>>37123046
I live with my aunt now.
She and hers husband took me in and things went up hill from there. My mom yelled at a judge and was declared unfit 10 years too late,but better than staying there.
>>
>>37122727
>lose weight
>eat pringles
>>
to marry and have kids with h** or to commit suicide
>>
>>37122959
>All I want is a small room and a way to provide simple pleasures and luxuries in my life
This so much.
Bonus points if i can rot away with someone like-minded. Doesn't even matter the gender.
>>
>>37122329
I'm studying to be a genetic engineer. Working on a project that saves lives or improve the quality of life of many people would make me happy. Something like c4 rice.
Landing a postdoc position in Japan would also be really nice as well. Lots of labs take foreigners and work in English. I've already been looking into doing my PhD there.
>>
Some sort of race war
>>
>>37122329
To reincarnate into a world I designed
>>
have kids and raise them properly.
>>
File: 1454888329938.jpg (252KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1454888329938.jpg
252KB, 1920x1080px
>>37122329
To find someone who cares to be around me for no reason, who I care to be around for no reason, and just live on trying to find meaning.
That would be bliss
>>
I understand this place is full of people who would be happy if the pain stopped for an extra second more than usual this time,but do you guys really not want to make the world better?
>>
File: flowers-for-algernon.jpg (11KB, 700x365px) Image search: [Google]
flowers-for-algernon.jpg
11KB, 700x365px
Pic related.

Charlie became so introverted to the point where he locked himself in his apartment and reached such a high level of consciousness that he figured out everything going on in the world.

You could create heaven inside your own head.
>>
File: 34645734588.jpg (112KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
34645734588.jpg
112KB, 1024x1024px
my life goal is literally to kill my self

>check responses on thread
>everyone actually have a meaningful goal
>mfw
>>
>>37122959
I would say, "We will create the heavens someday."
>>
>>37123626
Everyone is good at something anon, even if you don't believe it yourself.
>>
File: IMG_2648.png (214KB, 680x385px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2648.png
214KB, 680x385px
Becoming a lawyer and doing my very best to help criminal scum out into society again so they can wreak havoc on it
>>
>>37123656
is that supposed to help me or something?
what the fuck
>>
>>37123586
The world will only get better if people live for a higher standard than what's being offered them right now.
So that's what I'll do.
>>
>>37122329
having someone to love/love me back
>>
>>37123678
I'm sorry you feel that way anon, here have something to listen to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oJm2S5F-7w
>>
>>37123656
That much may be true, but can anyone be best at anything? Or better than most people?
Isn't there the possibility that there are people who are under average at everything?
>>
>>37123792
It doesn't matter about being the best at something just reaching a level you are satisfied with.

As for the second part, I disagree. Everybody has something in them that they are good at.
>>
>>37122329
Becoming a gunsmith and opening a shop in san antonio, adoption a little girl and raising her as my own, and possibly cutting off contact with some family
>>
>>37122747

Having a woman who takes care of me in that way sounds very nice.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.