[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck, I need your help. >like girl at work >ask her out

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: 4.png (4KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
4KB, 400x400px
Fuck, I need your help.

>like girl at work
>ask her out so I can get the rejection out of the way and I don't have to worry about it anymore
>she agrees to go out
What the fuck do I do now? The most likely thing that'll happen is that she only agreed because she was too scared/nice to say no, and she'll end up canceling at the last minute. But there's a very, very slim chance that I'll end up having to go on a date.

What do.
>>
Please help, r9k. I don't have anywhere else to turn.
>>
>>37119546
You caught a break man. Sounds like it was extremely unexpected so go into it with no pressure whatsoever. Be laid back, smile, don't be afraid to crack jokes

If you want specific advice we need to know: are you an autist? What's she like? What kind of date?
>>
>>37119546
Dude, I was crushing hard on this girl I liked at work for months, and the other week I decided it would be best if I asked her out. She said that she doesn't date outside her race. It was such a huge relief for me, getting my feelings out of the way, and knowing that she doesn't like me back, and dating me would go against her values.

But anyways, do you truly like this girl? Enough to risk a cancelled date? I think you might as well open your sail and follow the wind here, life is throwing you a bone. Have a fun date. If she does cancel or not show up, take it as her not being able to properly turn you down. But she said yes. Maybe there is a good reason she said yes, and you are being too hard on yourself? Either way, it's a good learning experience.
>>
>>37120028
She's cute, she has a similar sense of humor to me, but none of that matters. I'm in my thirties and don't know how to go on dates. There's absolutely no fucking way this is going to work.
>>
>>37120146
You're going to be fine. The fact that you're in your thirties and don't know how to go on dates makes this even better. This is already such a good experience for you, you asked a cute girl out and she said yes. If she has a similar sense of humor to you, that can go a long way. Have some faith, live a little, and have fun. The fact that you have a date to go on means it's already working out, even just a bit.
>>
File: 1343794316682.jpg (93KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1343794316682.jpg
93KB, 500x500px
>>37120228
>The fact that you're in your thirties and don't know how to go on dates makes this even better.
I can't find a reaction image that adequately conveys my confusion, so I picked an image out at random.
>>
>>37120146
Dude, if you already know that you have the same sense of humor you'll be fine. It means she's already comfortable around you. First dates are casual man, just keep up the same conversation style you've done just not work related. Make jokes and whatnot and don't put any pressure on yourself. I believe in you man
>>
>>37120255
It makes it even better in the sense that you will learn how to go on dates by finally experiencing one.
>>
>>37120126
Out of curiosity what race are you/her? I want to know if the girl's a cunt for "not dating out of her race," or a cunt for using that as a copout to reject you.

Fyi I'm a half nigger
>>
>>37120371
I'm three quarters Hispanic one quarter white, she's black. I thought of that as a possibility. Either way, I'm not too bothered by it now, I'm sure I can meet plenty of cute studious girls once I start college.
>>
>>37120502
You're not in college yet? Are you a senior or a NEET?

I'm starting school at U of Illinois Computer Science this fall
>>
Bring a magnun condom for your monster dong
>>
>>37120555
Senior , working retail part time in the meantime. I'm thinking I'll most likely start either in winter or spring, depending on my how comfortable I am with moving on to a new stage in life. I am dual enrolled, so I can start classes quite soon if I wanted to, but I also don't want to take on more than what's beneficial for my well being.
>>
>>37119546
You still in here op? Holla back yo
>>
>>37120671
Nice, I just put in resignation at Taco Bell job yesterday to work a summer job and then move for college.
Do you have steam or LoL?
>>
>likes girl
>asks her out
>she said yes
..And this is a bad thing how again?

Jesus Christ OP, just give it a chance. Be yourself, even if you're autistic, and see what happens.

Worst case, she doesnt date you again after this, so no matter what happens you're up.
>>
>>37120737
>>37120754
Yeah, still here. I don't know where I'm going to take her, because I don't know where people go on dates. If I have to hide my power level, I'm not going to have anything to talk about.

"Being myself" is pretty bad advice. I've been myself for 32 years and it hasn't worked; why would I believe that it worked today?

I know I'm pretty much worrying about nothing. There's probably a 90% chance she'll cancel at the last minute. Or just simply not show up, and I'll get an apology text a day or two later saying "Sorry, something had come up."
>>
>>37120744
Yeah, my steam is undisturbedsilence, add me. I will have to warn you though, I pretty much never use steam, since I don't have a PC with internet service right now. I might get one in a year or so, since there are some games I really want, but for the most part I pretty much don't use my steam account since I can't.
>>
OP lemme give you a couple of pointers.
>make sure your car is spic (lol) and span. I mean CLEAN. Yes that means inside.

>dress nice. deodorize and polish your shoes. Lotta guys forget this. If they are real leather insides of banana peels polish nice I hear. If you are fat wear dark or neutral colors.

>don't use too much cologne. Go to a shop like sears or some shit and ask the girls at the fragrance section for help. Personally I had a lot of success with 360 degrees perry ellis and jovan musk on a 60/40 ratio respectively. That is an estimation. Dab it behind your ears because that is the most ideal spot

>keep it semi casual and comfy. When in doubt go with the classics. Dinner and a movie. Let her choose the movie. Feign interest if you must. Comedies are best.

>do not stare. But do make eye contact. Allow your eyes to wander around the room just a bit before meeting her gaze. A little goes a long way

>pay for the check unless she insists more than once. Agree to split at least. I know it sucks but this is the dance we do.

>it's ok to have a couple of drinks but do not get drunk. You get one shot at a first impression.

>if you feel like taking a chance on a kiss do not ask. Better to ask forgiveness than permission.

>do open doors for her and pull her chair out for her if you are in a formal setting. Do not say shit like "ma'am" or "milady". Leave the fedora at home.
>>
>>37121001
Cont.

>this may not seem obvious but wear a watch. Do not pull your phone out the entire night except to check movie times. A watch helps you keep track of time and avoid seeming disinterested. Do not look at it in an exaggerated manner. Be quick and subtle so you don't give the impression she bores you

>ask leading questions to get her talking about herself. Barely talk about yourself. This will make her feel important and you seem mysterious and /or interesting.

>compliment her fashion choices. Not her face. Sounds counterintuitive i know but a simple "that looks great on you" goes a long way.

>at least once or twice say her first name when talking to her. This is very attention grabbing.

Best of luck.
>>
>>37120932
Where are fun places in the area you can go to? Not the movies, you need somewhere you can talk. I mean the zoo, carnival, museum, garden. I've never been on a date, and those are the kind of places I'd go. One more thing, dude, it's just your first date. It's okay to feel nervous, or doubtful. That's natural. I know if you are introverted like I am, exposing your ideas to the world, and especially to a person you are attracted to can be hard. But maybe you will find out she is the type of person you would be comfortable exposing your ideas to.

Either way, just take it easy and have fun. Enjoy the time you're able to spend with this girl, while you are able to spend it. If you both like it, maybe you could go on a second date.
>>
>>37121001
>>37121025
Here is some class advice, this guy clearly has experience. Listen here OP
>>
I'm sure you realized by now OP that the real challenge was never getting a girl to go out with you. It is keeping her interested in you.

Just remember the one thing all women universally crave: comfort.

Don't be a doormat by any means but make sure the venue and the ride over and even the music is keeping her on her comfort zone. Let her pick the music also. Feign interest if you must.

And you know the old adage "just be yourself"? Don't do that. Be a better version of yourself. You are your own PR campaign. Keep that in mind.
>>
Where do you go on a date TOO though? I want to ask a girl out but I don't know how to entertain her.
>>
>>37119546

Don't take her to the movies. Go get coffee and/or lunch and go walk in the park. You'll be fine she probably already knows you're shy/nervous and doesn't care.
>>
A lot of guys keep suggesting against movies in favor of parks and such.

This assumes you are good at carrying conversation of course. If you aren't, movies or even a live show makes for a good way to camouflage that.
>>
I know it's probably been already said but be yourself. Have some talking points in the back of your mind to chat about if there are ever lulls in conversation.
If there are lulls, that's fine, enjoy the silence and just be cool.
At the end of the day you just need to relax and enjoy the time, stressing about it is the worst thing you could do when you're hanging with her.
Go to a cool cafe or something, pay for everything, open the doors for her casually, be polite, listen to the things she says. If she says something
you find interesting or have in common, relate to her and discuss on that subject.
Try not to talk over her, and have a good give and take with conversation. She talks a little, then you talk a little.
Have a cool spot to go check out, maybe a cool view or a nice trail or something kind of unique that she might've never seen before. Do that at the end of the date.
Hang for a few hours or whatever feels appropriate then call in a night. Say you had a great time, maybe recap something funny that happened and have a laugh, walk her to her car or get here home safely or whatever it may be then give her a nice hug.
>>
I actually know a really nice coffee shop. I'll keep that plan in the event she doesn't cancel.

It's like that old saying: prepare for the worst, and then also expect the worst. Because the worst is usually the thing that happens.
>>
go to a chill cafe ask her about her how her childhood was growing up, 100% guarteened she will babble on for atleast 30 minutes, smile and act interested.

Ask her if she wants to go for a walk to the park or something, buy her an icecream or a hotdog or something, remember to buy one for yourself or she will feel forced. End it by telling her that you had a fantastic time and that you would love to meet her again, get her number. Next time make it chill, cook dinner invite her over and watch a movie, preferably a comedy so she doesn't feel weirded out. You are guarenteed to get a kiss this night. If not, don't worry she is shy, just needs more time.
>>
>Be interested in what she has to say

>ask questions but don't leave them open ended to ensure a response that you can build on

>remember to go somewhere where you can sit and enjoy a meal and talk

>talking is key keep talking but remember to not be too overbearing in your questions and responses
>>
Oh and op keep in mind you should take all this advice with a grain of salt. From everyone.

I am ten years married though. I have a inkling of an idea of what I am talking about buddy.
>>
>be yourself
Why the fuck do normalfags always give such shit advice?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.