[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just graduated high school with a 3.9 gpa. I told my parents

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 1482037009056s.jpg (4KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1482037009056s.jpg
4KB, 250x187px
I just graduated high school with a 3.9 gpa. I told my parents I don't want to go to college and that I'm going to work at a factory a few miles away.

They flipped out on me about turning down scholarships and how ill regret this later, but I really just don't wanna go to college and get a high paying job. Money doesn't mean much to me.
>>
go kill yourself you dumb piece of shit
>>
>>37113365
>dumb
>3.9 gpa
what did he mean by this
>>
>>37113365

you tryna get knocked out bro?
>>
Well let's see how you feel after a few months of working full time at a factory to pay for your shit.
>>
>>37113378

yeah everyone knows that high school gpa is a meaningful measure of intelligence
>>
>>37113378
he might be intelligent, but not smart
>>
>>37113333
It's not about the money, anon. It's about doing something that you have a passion for and enjoy. Trust me, working in a factory is hell.
Also, if it's not about the money, why waste your time working at a factory anyway?
>>
>>37113434
>>37113413
>>37113365
>implying he'll be working

he'll be manager in 2 months.
>>
>>37113438
I know its not all about the money, that's why I decided not to go to college. My parents wont let me live at their place, and a factory seems like a place I can mindlessly slave away at the same thing over and over again without giving it much thought. I honestly have no passions or ambitions in life. A girl asked me to go to a movie once in 11th grade and I told her no that id rather be alone. After middle school I cut off communication with my 3 friends and didn't talk to anyone except for when I had to.
>>
>>37113434
>>37113422
I don't think I'm too smart. I put in the least amount of work I had to to get an a. sometimes id slip up and get an 89 so id get a b
>>
>>37113378
Dumb as in common sense
In that regard OP is a potato
>>
>>37113544
>I put in the least amount of work I had to
so you are used to being lazy. You won't last one day in a factory
>>
>>37113629
why not? aren't I just doing the same thing over and over again?
>>
>>37113544

thanks for the cool story, bro. i guess you really are smart, just like you said :)
>>
>>37113333
Nice digits OP
>>
>>37113333
I hate your guts. I'm in college now and wish I did this good in high school. Go to your state's flagship and major in engineering or medicine.
>>
>>37113656
Even if you are, it will still be hard work that will wear you out. Repetitive doesn't mean easy, otherwise everyone would want to work at factories
>>
You dumb fuck. Go to college. A factory is both boring and physically demanding. I you have a degree there's a chance you'll do something at least somewhat interesting and you won't feel like dying 5 days a week.

GO BACK TO SCHOOL
YOU"RE TOO YOUNG TO BE GIVING UP
FACTORY WORK IS SHIT TRUST ME
MAYBE GO SEE A THERAPIST
>>
>>37113714
I technically got accepted into Georgia tech but I'm not gonna go
>>
Factory work is fucking shit. With no qualications, you will be bossed around all day doing mineal tasks. What's worse is, if you have sugestions, good ideas or a better way of doing things. You will be ignored and told to do it the way its always been done. The days of working your way up the ladder with common scence, hardwork and experience are long gone. You will be told what to do by a glorified idiot because he paid for a peace of paper.
>>
File: 138769527528.jpg (42KB, 495x593px) Image search: [Google]
138769527528.jpg
42KB, 495x593px
>>37113905
>What's worse is, if you have sugestions, good ideas or a better way of doing things. You will be ignored and told to do it the way its always been done.

This is because, likely 99% of the time, they're not better ways of doing things. I mean, if you're working at a factory, you're not exactly smart.
>>
>>37113905
Yeah this

I can't imagine a worse job for a depressed person like OP
>>
If not for the money do it for the novelty. Doing the same actions one hundred times an hour for 8 hours a day everyday is fucking suicide inducing.
>>
>>37113333
You made the right choice, OP. If you frequent this board, I can say for sure that college won't be a pleasurable experience. Basically paying for a chance at success. Kek has blessed your decision with impressive digits.
>>
>>37113333
Just wait a couple years then get into college. When you harden as a man you'll stand out among everyone as a better person.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.