[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

im not funny how do i be funny if i were funny girls would like

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11

File: images (2).jpg (6KB, 232x218px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
6KB, 232x218px
im not funny
how do i be funny
if i were funny girls would like me
how are people naturally just funny
>>
>>37104422
Have you tried been yourself?
>>
>>37104422
>How are people naturally getting double dubs
>>
File: 1494999451616.png (663KB, 881x612px) Image search: [Google]
1494999451616.png
663KB, 881x612px
Just be funny.
originalio
>>
>>37104422
>if i were funny girls would like me
nice delusion you fucking idiot
>>
>>37104422
The secrets to comedy are unexpectedness and timing.

You let a joke linger before the punchline just long enough to have them guessing but not so long they lose interest.
>>
>>37104422
i am funny (not my words, actual people telling me, including women) and they just think you're a clown. Everybody's always waiting to hear your wacky take on a situation but don't turn to you when they need anything serious.
Being funny isn't sexy. You can to be funny occasionally, but being an actual man is what gets women hot.
>>
File: 46d26319bd1d60.png (841KB, 1123x608px) Image search: [Google]
46d26319bd1d60.png
841KB, 1123x608px
>>37104422
>im not funny
life sucks men

>how do i be funny
start with working out if you are /fit/ you have a higher chance coimg out as cute instead of creepy
second observe stand up comedians and learn to mimic them

>if i were funny girls would like me
that wont be enough - you need a dominant personality to woo a girl
you may want to chect out this guys channel yt/channel/UCpjFHKuH-BQELT8lj85vmRw
listening to his videos over and over again helped me mb it will help you

>how are people naturally just funny
I honestly have no idea
>>
>study the ancient art of humour
>make joke
>nobody laughs
>time it different
>same result
>Chad repeats joke
>crowd goes wild
>Stacy's start flinging themselves on to Chad
>it was never the material or timing or (((confidence)))
>Chas gains more popularity

This is why script writers and comedy writers remain silent in the background. Nobody knows who is really making them laugh as long as Chad is the one delivering the lines
>>
>>37104518
Wrong.
The secret to comedy is hating yourself.
>>
>>37104685
That's just the seasoning. If you can't cook at all the seasoning doesn't matter.
>>
File: IMG_0479.jpg (121KB, 1360x832px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0479.jpg
121KB, 1360x832px
Whoo want frend with m? I wand frend
>>
Give up anon, it never gets better and neither do you.
>>
>>37104422
funny isn't sexy
don't be funny
be grumpy
>>
File: Image-1.png (331KB, 480x473px) Image search: [Google]
Image-1.png
331KB, 480x473px
>>37104422

Just steal jokes. One liners etc. Movies, comedian, funny people you know

Don't do insults, edgy, or gross humor. Takes a little more practice to pull off.

Ok start small, try a proper joke like this?

You: "why was 6 afraid of 7?"
Them: "because 789..."
You: "no, actually 7 is a registered six offender."

Memorize some go to conversational one liners.

"Yeah I'm allergic to sports." (Sports not your thing?)

"I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop any time." (When people brag about drug use)

"My last girlfriend broke up with me because she said that I don't listen, I dunno I wasn't really paying attention." (Why you don't have a gf)

You can do it man!
>>
>>37105150
all of those "jokes" are discount-graphic-tee tier
>>
Listen to a lot of obscure comedians, and pepper in their observations in conversation. If they do get who it is they'll call you out, but will also think it's neat that you both have the same obscure taste. Also listening to a lot of stand up will give you an idea of timing and eventually you'll have a knack for making witty observations about situations you're in.
>>
>>37105176

Sure, but it's the delivery that works. I guess I figured it was easier to start small with easy stuff. You don't have to kill it every time, but the timing and delivery are easy to communicate with these.

I usually just riff on whatever people are talking about. But op has to start somewhere... training wheels, and what not.
>>
>>37105245

Good advice.

Also, don't go through the trouble of saying

"The comedian said this thing. He said that (premise), and then he said (punchline )"

Just do the joke.

If someone likes it and it sparks a discussion or asks about it, then give credit to the comedian or whatever.
>>
Just watch a lot of old sitcoms. Most of my humor is shaped from watching the Drew Carey Show and Seinfeld on a loop as a kid/teenager.
>>
File: 0630 - 8x2aLyw.jpg (577KB, 1203x1077px) Image search: [Google]
0630 - 8x2aLyw.jpg
577KB, 1203x1077px
>>37104422
being funny is thinking up a joke, yes.
but it's also about knowing if the audience you're telling it to will respond well.
every single standup comedian isn't just getting thunderous roars of laughter every single set.
a good 90% of the sets you do in your first DECADE are dead quiet or you getting booed.
What I'm saying is, is practice that shit. Research that shit. Don't just keep trying it with no guidance and never change your shit up. Doing the same thing over and over again will never make you better you have to see what you're doing wrong and improve upon it.

yeah this is all general shit and doesn't help you right now but that shit you need has to be found on your own basically from experiences you have in life.
>>
honestly the way i'm funny, i've figured, is my delivery.
whenever people laugh at my shit it's always shit that i myself didn't think was very funny, so i kinda roll my eyes at people sometimes. but the more i make people laugh the more i realize it's the way i deliver shit.

saying things quickly and assertively when the time doesn't call for it, commanding people what to do, agreeing with people when they set you up to disagree, disagreeing with people when they set you up to agree and then actually having a valid reason.

offering spin offs and witty alternatives is funny to people for some reason and suggesting or daring people to do outrageous shit can be funny.

TL;DR: delivery is good, but content and delivery is even better.
>>
I have a natural deadpan / sarcastic sense of humor.

Which is fine except that I either;

1. Have people start telling me to shut up.
2. Get like one or two people to laugh hysterically.

It doesn't help that I have odd interests so when I make odd reference like
>"Man anon, you see that girl in yoga pants?"
>"Sounds like a Pavlov moment."
>*crickets and awkward stare*
Or
>"Dammit anon, Google is down again."
>Me: "Alexandria burns."
>One friend is on his knees laughing while everyone else fails to google Library of Alexandria.

I don't know anons. I feel like a Big Bang Theory character when I'm with normal people.
>>
>>37104629
>>37104625
>>37104523
this. being funny will get occasional laughs, but won't help you pick up girls. last week I overheard Chad talking to a girl at the library. he did nothing but bitch and complain about schoolwork/TAs and had this girl laughing hysterically for fucking hours.

if a guy is charismatic and attractive then he just has to smile during delivery and girls will laugh at whatever he says out of instinct. I see this behavior all the time.
>>
>>37106668
this is witty, but not funny. how is that first one supposed to be at all humorous? it's just an allusion.
>>
>>37104422
Telling jokes is the wrong kind of funny. What you want is to come up with funny replies on the spot.
>>
>>37106723
I was trying to call him a dog for drooling at the women, but people don't get it if they don't understand the reference.

I don't pick my audiences well I guess.
>>
>>37104766
M cul b jur fren
>>
>tfw don't get the "just be yourself" meme

It's literally all you have to do lads. I'm sure there's a girl that appreciates your personality

I doubt you guys really piss in bottles and never shower
>>
>>37104422
pay attention to what people call funny and try to repeat it
1. subversion
2. exaggeration
3. surprise
do it enough times and you'll pick up what makes people laugh
it's ok if you don't find it funny
>>
>>37104422
You just be funny wym
>>
>>37106795
even if you get the reference, there's nothing funny about it.

your friend is "drooling" at a girl; Pavlov's dog is drooling because he's been conditioned. the target and cause of the drooling are not shared, so you're literally just saying "it seems like a Pavlov moment because you're attracted to this girl and I read about a dog drooling one time."

even if it did work the way you intended, comparing your friend to a dog isn't a humorous put-down. people like dogs.
>>
>>37107177
I just read it as "I'm having a Pavlov moment" rather than "you're a dog because you responded like Pavlov's dogs"
>>
>>37107249
>"Pavlov moment"

So you're just responding conditionally to a stimulus. You don't have to throw a name on it, it's already a thing
>>
>>37104422
Start making fart noises and make funny faces.

Then take forks and put them in your nose, and pretend to be a walrus.

It works everytime.
>>
>>37107249
>>37106795
he said it, not me

>>37107295
right, but it's even worse than that because he's only metaphorically drooling, and not to a conditioned stimulus. the link is tenuous as fuck.
>>
File: 16546767.jpg (465KB, 1500x1100px) Image search: [Google]
16546767.jpg
465KB, 1500x1100px
>>37104422
>Chad says some shitty joke isnt even funny
>Stacy:omgg haha chad ur so funnyy u crayy ;))
>I tell a better joke, rlly well thought, should crack atleast a few seconds of laughing
>Tracy: Ew, was that guy talking to you Stacy?
>>
>>37104422
>Make joke
>people laugh
>no one sucks my cock
>>
File: 1486917317814.jpg (143KB, 615x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1486917317814.jpg
143KB, 615x1022px
>>37104422
Think about mortality, it's proven to make people funnier
>>
>>37106668
I like your obscure joke attempts. Would laugh/10.
>>
>>37104422
Girls only find shit funny when it's people they like who say it. Lately I be flirting with this chick and I say shit I wouldn't think of saying with my peeps because it isn't really that funny, and yet she laughs.
>>
>>37107646
alternatively, just PRETEND that you think about it all the time, which is just as good! for example:

"i like to play videogames also i hate myself and want to die"
"today was awful i woke up and im still living"
"i ran out of coffee this morning please just end my fucking life..."

it's guaranteed humor, all you have to do is pretend to be depressed (not seriously though, haha) and say that you want to die all the time! the juxtaposition with your priveleged and happy lifestyle will have your friends laughing for days!
>>
>>37104422
dont sweat it
if you are attractive girls will laugh at whatever joke you tell even if its unfunny and shit, or offensive
>>
>>37106494

UNDERRATED POST DESU

It's all in the delivery
>>
>>37106668
the second one was funny imo
>>
File: 1481416503628.jpg (15KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1481416503628.jpg
15KB, 320x320px
>>37104422
listen to chad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSEKmX_paAM
>>
what I've figured is that there are 2 ways normies manage to be funny: personal attacks- picking on others and being self amused, laughing at their own jokes.
But what I envy normies is the fact that they always have something to say, always make the conversation interesting. I cannot do it. My brain is just to slow for that.
>>
>>37105176

I like the brake fluid one though. I'm stealing it!
>>
>>37104422
from one robot to another; being funny is not enough
>>
File: 1493568038205.jpg (40KB, 600x529px) Image search: [Google]
1493568038205.jpg
40KB, 600x529px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDkXw4fEVWg
look guys, even losers like you can pick up girls
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.