[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When is the point of no return for graduating university? I feel

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: f3Gr1Ac.png (501KB, 1102x967px) Image search: [Google]
f3Gr1Ac.png
501KB, 1102x967px
When is the point of no return for graduating university? I feel like a freak being 23 in uni classes when everyone else is younger
>>
Until your credits start expiring, it's not too late for you.

I graduated at 25
>>
>>37097353
Oh, stop whining, I'm 29 (30 next month) and I'm still in university. Just deal with it until graduation. I still have 2 more years to go, but it's better than being a hospital janitor for the rest of my life.
>>
>>37097353
I'm 30 and I'm starting my BA...
>>
>>37097989
Is it at least comfy? I'm IT support and I want out
>>
>>37097989
>>37097997
how do u do it, im only like 2 years older than my classmates and I feel like an outcast
>>
Anon I dropped out of high school when I was 15. I've been "in college" for the past 8 years. 23 now, graduating in the winter of 2018. It's a rough fucking feel.

Find you the older guys who are in your classes, taking them for their Bachelor's or maybe some guy getting a Master's and he needs a pre-requisite; befriend those guys. They're as fucking lonely as us bros.
>>
>>37098032
I don't make friends and I always ask the teacher if I can work on a project alone - even if all the fucking normies hate me for it. Just remember you're too old to deal with children and their feelfeels - ours are great enough already
>>
>>37098032
They aren't your classmates.
They are paying cogs in an institutional machine, there to jump through the same hoops you are.

The piece of paper at the end of your time investment is all that matters. That and the connections you make along the way in your profession.
>>
>>37098071
This, they know too
>>
I went back at 28 and now I'm getting kicked out after failing too many classes.

hahaha thats what I get for trying
>>
>>37097353
I don't understand why people care about this.

Most people at uni are literally random ages.
>>
>>37098012
>Is it at least comfy? I'm IT support and I want out
It is for me, it may be because I look younger, but my classmates still know about my age. They are cool with it as long as you don't try to act superior or more experienced than them. There's this 42 yr old guy who is always trying to give advice or hitting on 20 year olds and he's treated like a creep.
I should mention that I graduated from University at 26. I got a Biology degree and tried to get into med school. I failed so horribly and couldn't get a decent job with my meme degree that I got depressed and became a NEET for 2 years. Then, I got kicked out and got a night job as a janitor. It was comfy, but seeing my coworkers being there for 20+ years and still being poor woke me up. I'm going for nursing now and should be able to get a decent job. There's plenty of girls at school but I can't score because I'm old and ugly.
Good luck in your studies anon!
>>
>>37098120
Not him but I go to a community college, everyone seems really stupid here (like me) and it doesn't feel like there's any connections i can make. Everyone here seems parasitic (read normie)
>>
>>37098147
BECAUSE IM ONLY GOING TO GRADUATE AT 23 AND EVERYONE ELSE WILL AT 22
>>
File: 1494792546736.png (167KB, 448x435px) Image search: [Google]
1494792546736.png
167KB, 448x435px
>>37098154
You too, i know you can do it
>>
>>37098164
>community college

There's no hope for you to make any connections there, Anon. Get yourself to a 4-year school once you get your AA or whatever you're pursuing; that's what I've done.

>>37098133

Institutional learning might not be the right thing for you, anon.
Only thing you can do is try to transfer somewhere else that will accept your credits.
Or look into a trade school, or a program at a community college for a working profession. It might be more your style.
>>
Any MOOCs that graduate with a 4 year degree?
>>
me 27 and in Uni
>>
Plenty of people go back to school later. Night classes are all people in their thirties.
>>
>>37098302
ppl in my nightcourse are early 20
>>
>>37097353
>about to fail my 2nd class tomorrow
at least you're the token oldfag trying to get life together
>>
>>37097353
I just turned 37 and I started uni this year. Most of the rest of my degree is full of 17-18 year old Stacey's and Asians of indeterminate age. There's a few older guys like me though.
>>
>>37098173
people i meet at uni are always between 21-26

for a long time i always felt like the youngest person everywhere i went
>>
I've seen 70+ year old fuckers in several classes
Some of them were even smart. Not to mention the countless people in their 30s
Stop trapping yourself in your projections of other people's projections it's inane
It doesn't matter
It never mattered
>>
Fuck the normies around you. Being older and more mature is a HUGE boon to have during your education.

Also, it varies wildly by country. It is not at all unusual in Europe to be 25 or older and still in university.
>>
>>37098133

You should consider if uni is really what's right for you. In most Western countries, there is this huge push towards cramming as many people into higher education as possible, all in an attempt to overtake the Chinese or the Indians in our race to the bottom. Consider more practical careers. I know several people who kept failing and failing in college and university, but they kept believing that they HAD to graduate. Some of them eventually realized they were much happier pursuing another route.
>>
I graduated when I was 28.
There were people from all ages there.
I did nursing for a year and there was a 35 year old Russian psychologist there who had to take certain classes because her degree wasn't valid in the Netherlands for some bullshit reason.
On the other end there were also people who were worried they didn't fit in because they were too young, we had a few 16 year olds there too who graduated high school early.
Age didn't matter, in the end everyone got along and nothing was weird.

Except for that 32 year old guy who kept chasing 20 year old asians.
>>
>>37099750
>be in top of class with one other guy in degree program
>both of us the only ones in exclusive mentorship program
>last day we're meeting with program coordinator or whatever you call it before we finish the degree
>he shakes their hand and leaves into the sunset and whatnot
>I'm talking with coordinator and mention the other guy
>"Oh yeah otherstudent was right up there with you. He's also graduating high school this year you know."
How the fuck did he do it?
Not even the hard work but going through with everything socially and shit.
I mean he was quiet a lot like me but he was hella confident, no way I could have held my shit together like he did.
>>
Lol, in my CS class the average age is like 25. Almost nobody starts and completes directly after highschool.
>>
>>37099923
Except chads and susans
>>
>>37100357
what the fuck are Susans?
>>
>>37097353
Stop caring what strangers think you weak faggot. Fucking inferiority complex bitch. You know that's the reason you are such a beta virgin right?
>>
>>37097353
I graduated at 33 (after finishing classes at 32). Many of my classes had older people in them.
>>
>>37097353
Don't worry about it. There are several people from 25 up to fucking 40. No one cares about age difference. Even if you just started, you're barely 5 years older than the rest. That's nothing
>>
>tfw 22 and going into third year
Thanks, OP. I was already feeling miserable today.

Although realistically, two or three years doesn't matter. Especially since a lot of people have gap years. Several of my classmates are older and they fit in ( group chats, field work, lab partners).

I'm just freaked out because I want to do graduate studies but I'll be too old and ugly to find a husband. Fml.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.